gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:05:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 339
Total: 339

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is Christina Aguilera a good Role Model?  (Voting closed: November 06, 2004, 08:16:27 PM)
yes, just people don't seem to understand why - 4 (33.3%)
No, she dresses way to trashy - 8 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christina Aguilera a Role Model  (Read 3763 times)
claynadian
« on: November 06, 2004, 08:16:27 PM »

Well everywhere I lok people seem to dis X-tina, saying how she is such a bad role model. But I don't think so.

Do you
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 11:51:57 PM »

don't be offended by this but i don't like the image she promotes to young girls {whether she realizes it or not} and so in that respect i say she's a bad role model. while i'm all for women having the right to dress however they want, i do think there's need for a little bit more restraint between what's "sexy" and what's "crude" or "trampy". there's way too much trampy, vampy sex out there all through music videos for my taste and it's ruined the concept of what music is suppose to be in my opinion.

It's a good poll/topic by the way! don't take my ranting personally.

ACcountryFan
~Jerry~

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 08:02:15 AM »

I am a fan of Christina's music.  I don't really feel one way or the other about her, personally.  I just enjoy listening to most of her songs.  On the "Stripped" album, there are several songs that I don't care for and skip through.  I've never really thought of her as a role model of any kind.  This topic has made me realize that I can actually enjoy someone's music without emotional attachment or investment in a singer.  WOW!  

When Christina was on Letterman, I think back in May, she told him she was trying to change her image.  She had removed the rings from her piercings because a very young fan at a meet and greet was frightened of her.  Shortly after that she appeared in public with her hair dyed back to blonde from the harsh black.  I have noticed that lately when she's appeared at public events, she has been dressing in a more femminine way, not trampy. It was also reported on one of the entertainment programs that "cleaning up her act" could be the result of the long term relationship she is in.  Apparently this man is more of the gentlemanly type and maybe she sees a future with him?

AC wrote:  
while i'm all for women having the right to dress however they want, i do think there's need for a little bit more restraint between what's "sexy" and what's "crude" or "trampy". there's way too much trampy, vampy sex out there all through music videos for my taste and it's ruined the concept of what music is suppose to be in my opinion.

I agree, AC, that in the past, Christina's image protrayed in her dress and videos was less than role modelish.  She has not had a new CD out for almost two years, and so what we see and remember are from the "Stripped" album.  However, I think that she may be heading in a new direction, as she indicated to Letterman.  Once she releases her new CD she may be totally different with her videos and public image.  Only time will tell.  I can't wait until she brings her fans something new.  She is a very talented singer/writer.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
claynadian
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

I personally think that X-tina is a great role model for teens, becuase she has a possitive message to the young and Impressionable minds of today.

I think that she is just as great of a role model as Clay.
gcramsey
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 08:22:23 PM »

I think she is a great role model, but she does dress too trashy.

My 2 cents!
claynadian
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 08:29:46 PM »

Well she has now changed her image to more of a Maralyn Manrow (sp?) look. Which I think looks great
gcramsey
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 08:44:07 PM »

I agree, but this image is almost overplayed. It seems that alot people have gone through this. Madonna, Anna Nichole Smith, X-tina. I just wish she would settle into what ever SHE really is and stick with it.
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 11:06:10 AM »

ALL THE CHRISTINAS, BRITANNYS, NICOLES ARE JUST TOO TRASHY FOR WORDS. WHAT HAPPENED TO TALENT?????

A BIASED UN FAN
JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
mrsaiken3504
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 05:21:52 PM »

interesting poll, in some ways, she is, in others I dont think so. She can be a role model because she can teach girls to follow their dreams and that anything is possible. Then... she goes and does things like kiss Madonna..
!x!ClayxGirl!x!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 07:20:17 PM »

I say shes a good role model just cuz well in my oppinion when a man does a video with girls dressed sexy people think its hot but wen gurlz do it people think its trashy.
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2004, 07:20:52 PM »

WHAT HAPPENED TO TALENT?????

Actually, IMO, Christina is a very talented singer and performer.  She has one of the best female pop voices right now.  She has the ability to sing pop, rhythm and blues, soul, etc.   She has a very versatile voice.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
claynadian
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2004, 08:58:46 PM »

Quote from: mrsaiken3504
Then... she goes and does things like kiss Madonna..

What's wrong with kissing Madonna aside from the age differance.

One Major Differnce between X-tina and Brittany is X-tina acually has talent Talent and Brittany is all Trash.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx