gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:24:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 375
Total: 375

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT DO YOU COLLECT?  (Read 11903 times)
a friend in need
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2004, 11:21:51 AM »

yeah you can feel the love minime
well I can comes out of both of you like cruise missles :roll:  Laughing:
ClayCandy
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2004, 10:55:08 PM »

I collect beanie babies! 8)
MiniMe
Claycrazy

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2004, 08:14:45 AM »

I LOVE beanie babies!!! I used to collect them! It was a long time ago though!! :D

Monkey's Steal My Underwear at Night
CFCF
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2004, 08:36:16 AM »

I have always collected vintage children's books. The illustrations are so beautiful, and I love that the covers are worn and well loved. The mint condition ones turn me off. Noone enjoyed them as they should have. I also collect (ducks head in shame) tacky slide pens, you know, the ones where you tip 'em up and down and things inside slide back and forth? Love those :) I also collect art, but only if I like it. Never understood art collectors who bought as an investment whether they liked it or not.
MiniMe
Claycrazy

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2004, 08:15:36 PM »

That's cool!! I love the drawings in some of my old children's book's (I know, LadyC I'm still a child) they have the most beautiful drawings!!! And the pens don't feel bad, I'm a blonde and sure act like it sometimes, so I'd could probably sit with a whole bunch of those pens and be amused for hours!! I know it's bad, but I'm really blonde!! You can ask Lady C she's probably tell you yet another one of my blonde stories (there are plenty)  :duh

Monkey's Steal My Underwear at Night
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2004, 04:52:52 PM »

I collect anything having to do with Clay, angels, Cinderella and Titanic. wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
MissRoseDarrensAngel
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2004, 07:57:13 PM »

My collection:

I've got alot of stuff related to Darren Hayes, Clay, and Daniel Bedingfield...

Also stuff with Ireland, angels, roses, England, Australia, Titanic, and Gone With The Wind too.... :D :D
alli_aiken
UltimateFan

~Clay's Workout Girl~

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 09:14:46 PM »

when i was younger i collected the little wind-up toys!! i had around 2500 even!  i haven't collected those in a long time though.....i collect clay stuff now  

Julie Forever...One Sweet Day
Where do you go when the tears run dry...
I miss you guys!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2004, 09:20:15 PM »

My aunt collects wind up toys, Alli! Wow! 2,500 is a lot of toys!!!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 03:32:52 PM »

I collect M&M(candy) merchandise.  I teach second grade and my entire school room is all done in M&M theme.  I've convinced my kids that the M&M logo stands for my name, Mrs. Moody!
  This weekend, I've started my M&M Christmas items new on the store shelves.  My class Christmas tree will be decorated with all M&M ornaments.
The characters are everywhere.
  I put all the breakable ones in my classroom windows. Plush characters adorn the walls and I let the kids use them as reading buddies. I put all the small items on shelves.  So far, I've filled up 5 entire shelves!
  What I can't buy, I make!  I've got four huge characters on the walls, classroom rules show the M&M guys.  Prissy even made me M&M curtains, computer covers and pillows.
   My students always bring me great additions to my collections too.  The only problem I have is trying to decide who will get my collection when I finally retire after one more year!

P.S.  I even call my second graders Moody's Minis because they are the mini M&Ms and they call me the big M!
JoAnn M.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
Dragon
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2006, 08:03:49 PM »

That's so cute!!!!!

I collect fantasy items, and anything that just floats my boat.  I collect books, cause i read a lot lot... but going in my room, it's kinda hard to tell.  from first look, i guess that it would seem like i collect clay memorabalia...(sp, i know) i just have trouble keeping my attention on one thing, so i have started and stopped collections.  i used to collect coins.  i used to collect napkins (from every place i went, i'd take a napkin, the coolest one was from a hotel in switzerland that said guten morgen....)
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006, 07:46:12 AM »

I collect American Indian Storytellers. They are figuretive pottery. They depict the oral tradition of teaching through language. It's an adult with children on or near them> human or animal. There are made artist from the pueblos of the southwest using traditional pottery making methods. I have a lot from the Teller Family.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2006, 01:22:52 PM »

It's fun to see this thread has been revived.

I don't think I ever mentioned that I collected quite a few Tweety Bird things that were in my guest room.  I am changing that room and now all of the Tweety Bird things are on eBay.  My sister is going to sell them for me.

Dragon and Stargazer,
It's nice to see you posting here.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 10:50:04 AM »

I collect CDs.  And possibly fleas ... but that's between me and the vet.  Paranoid  Don't judge me...    

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »

Stargazer...got any pictures of your american indian storytellers...I'd love to see them.

I collect....precious moments, snowmen and M&M things......

Kris...fleas??????????????????  Wink I think they come with pets....LOL
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 01:25:57 PM »

I HAVE BEEN STUCK ON ONE THREAD FOR SO LONG THAT I DO NOT KNOW HALF OF THE THREADS THAT DO EXIST.
THIS ONE REALLY INTRIGUES ME.
IT IS SUCH FUN TO FIND OUT THE COLLECTORS.
I USED TO COLLECT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING UNTIL IT BECAME UNMANAGEABLE!!!!
I ONCE COLLECTED ALL MARILYN MONROE THINGS. I HAD IT ALL, EVEN MAGAZINES FROM PARIS ETC, THEY WERE ALL DESTROYED IN A FIRE. SO I JUST COULD NOT COLLECT ANYMORE DUE TO THE MEMORY OF THE FIRE.

I COLLECT ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH DRAGONFLIES; PINS, NECKLACES, T SHIRTS, I HAVE A DRAGONFLY MAILBOX TOO.

ALSO STARTED COLLECTING CABBAGE PATCH DOLLS. I HAD ABOUT 15 AND THEY WERE ALSO DESTROYED, BUT I STARTED COLLECTING THEM AGAIN. AND NOW I HAVE ABOUT 7. I FIND THEM IN BOUTIQUE SHOPS AND SOMETIMES GARAGE SALES. AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN GOOD CONDITION. I EVEN NAME THEM. THE ORIGINALS CAME WITH NAMES ALREADY PLUS PAPERS.

I HAVE A LOT OF BOOKS AND HATE TO GIVE THEM UP WHEN I REALLY LIKE THEM. BUT EVENTUALLY THEY HAVE TO GO. BUT I DO COLLECT CHILDRENS BOOKS, THEY ARE, AS SOMEONE SAID BEAUTIFULLY ARTISTIC. SOME OF THE ILLUSTRATIONS ARE BREATHTAKING.

NEAT THREAD. I WILL VISIT OFTEN.

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2006, 01:46:15 PM »

I'm with Jan - I had never noticed this thread before yesterday, but I'm trying to branch out!!! Laughing

I collect teddy bears (my husband gave me one  - when I was a very young wife and mother -  of a MamaBear holding two baby bears - we have two children), and from that he and others have given me some very wonderful bears. When our first grandchild was born, someone gave me a bear holding the baby's name (Cameron) spelled out in small alphabet blocks. I love my bears!

I also collect Raggedy Ann dolls - especially one that are home-made. I love to go to craft fairs and look for dolls. I collect them for me, and for my 2 granddaughters (ages 7 and 3). I also collect other Raggedy things for them - books, banks, etc. It is fun to find something new for our collections.

And, of course, I collect Clay "Stuff" - especially magazines. I have some Clay bracelets, a watch,  several coffee mugs, etc. I love seeing that face on almost anything!!!  lmao

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 04:54:05 PM »

I used to collect salt and pepper shakers and then moved on to Waterford, Lenox and Hummels. Then I was on a Thomas Kincade kick.

I really don't need any more dust catchers. I am not buying anything!!! Well, maybe a Waterford bell. Yup, I broke down and bought it. It haunted my dreams for three weeks. Finally I am dream free and happy and not going shopping anytime soon.
Spikee
Enthusiastic

X X X X

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 12:01:02 PM »

Does collecting dust count?   ROFLMAO

I did what I had to ~
On My Way Here
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 12:55:54 PM »

SPIKEE

COLLECTING DUST IS AS GOOD AS COLLECTING HAIR BALLS FROM YOUR CATS. ALSO WHEN I COMB MY MANX I HAVE ENOUGH HAIR FOR 4 MORE CATS.

RIGHT NOW I AM COLLECTING, SERIOUSLY, NEAT HAIR BARETTES. GOTTA HAVE SOMETHING TO KEEP THIS MOP UNDER CONTROL.

MRS C.
I HAVE LOTS OF FLEAS IF YOU WANT SOME. OR I WILL SEND YOU ONE OF MY CATS!!!!

JAN

FRANKIE
I LOVE RAGGEDY ANN DOLLS, USED TO HAVE LOTS OF THEM. NOW IT IS CABBAGE PATCH DOLLS INSTEAD.

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx