gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:03:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 229097 times)
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2004, 02:18:40 PM »

My uncle bought the M magazine last night for me just incase he was in there!Good thing he did LOL! :D
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2004, 12:58:16 PM »

My husband & I are on a mini-trip, and I've found a few more magazines.I did buy the July M - thank you, Pamela for the heads up about the 8' by 10" picture - it is the same photo shoot of the bike picture in the July issue of Tiger Beat, but not the same picture. In addition I found:

Blast! - #02-2004 (No Month)
Cover - 2" by 3" picture of Clay with Ruben
Page 16 - "Ultimate Guide To Summer Shows" - Picture of Kelly Clarkson, quote from Clay about the Independent Tour.
Page 53 - Part of a 4-page article about American Idol - Page 53 all Clay - 2 pictures - one alone, one with Ruben.

Teen People - Summer 2004
Page 24 - "Celebs SayThe Darndest Things" 2" by 3" picture of Clay. quote about what fans toss on stage.
Page 25 - "Star Woes" - 2" by 3" picture, quote about most embarrasing moment on stage. (Note: Recent, very good pictures - great smiles, good eye color - only wish they were bigger pictures).
Page 48 - "Ultimate Celebrity Guy Poll" 2" by 4" picture from the Rolling
Stone shoot, I think. Clay at the top of 2 Polls - 41% "He'd Make A Great Friend, But Just A Friend" and 30% "He's Just a superstar Eye Intervention Away From Being A Hottie". Who voted in this poll?

TEEN - Summer 2004
Page 32 - Pop Quiz - What Is Clay's Dog Named After? 2" by 3" picture of Clay (the one with hands over head).

No major covers in a while, but I'm glad to see that he is still in a lot of magazines.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Jeannette
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2004, 05:18:32 PM »

Thanks, fhmmany2, for all the good info!  It seems like he was not in the mags for a while, and now he's back in lots of them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2004, 08:58:49 AM »

I wanted to correct something I said about the picture of Clay in the July M (the picture on the bike). It is exactly the same picture that is in the July issue of tiger Beat, and it was also in the Dec 2003/ Jan 2004 issue of Teen People - all 8" by 10" pin-ups. I'm glad that Clay is getting the exposure of being in different magazines - he may be seen by different people - but I wish the magazines would use recent pictures. There are so many new pictures available. I don't know why they aren't being used.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
STEPHANIE1130
Hi!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2004, 01:03:53 PM »

I notice that,they use the same old pics over & over again!Oh well,atleast he's in the magazines!I haven't been to the store since last week so I didn't come across anything new!My mom and dad are always looking and my uncle has a freind who owns a store he checks the magazines for me too & let's him know if Clay is in them!But,if I come across something i will surely post it for everyone! :D

Have a good day!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 08:23:16 PM »

The August magazines are starting to show up - here is the first one I've noticed:

Tiger Beat - August 2004
Cover - 1" by 2" picture - Article title "Silly, Smooth, or Shy - Who's The One For You?"
Page 18 - "The Write Stuff" - handwriting analysis of Clay's signature. 2" by 2" picture - great smile - face only.
Page 31 - Cover Article Clay represents the "Shy guys" - 4" by 10" picture, black patterned shirt, grey pants.
Page 48 - 8" by 10" pin-up. Light blue shirt with black pattern, black t-shirt (looks like a budda pattern on t-shirt), black jeans. He is sitting on some sort of table or concrete ledge - grass in the background. Sitting down with legs criss-crossed in front of him - bare feet. This is not a new picture, because his hair is American Idol blond, but I don't remember seeing this picture anywhere before.

Jeannette
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2004, 01:55:58 AM »

Thanks again, fhmmany!

The blue picture with the budda tee was in one of the mags about a month ago, but not with the bare feet!  Must be the same photo shoot with a different pose.  Can't wait to see it!
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2004, 03:38:37 PM »

Thanks I will be looking for that magazine!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2004, 06:02:34 PM »

Jeanette - you are right - the "Budda" t -shirt picture is in the  May/June 2004 issue of J-14. It is a close-up and you can't tell that he has no shoes on. After the family left this afternoon (Happy Fathers' Day), I started to inventory my magazines. It was so interesting to really look at them - usually if I see a good Clay picture, I buy the magazine, it gets into a box, and I never get around to reading the magazine. The "bike" pictures that I said were the same in an earlier post aren't alike after all. The picture of Clay is the same (hands on bike handle bars, holding mirrored sun glasses), but in two of the magazines he is in completely different clothes - I guess they just "paint" on what they want him to wear. I've been griping that Clay is not in the magazines enough, but when I had done inventory on the 2004 magazines, (magazines published since December 2003) I counted 35.  (Of course he is not on the cover or there is not a feature article in most of these, but he is in them - many with multiple pictures).If you had asked, I would never have guessed that he had been in so many, and I'm sure that I have not gotten all of the 2004 magazines. I look forward to posts by everyone else. I live in a very small town, and many of the magazines aren't even sold here - I have to drive one and one-half hours to the nearest book stores such as Books-A-Million or Walden Books. I know that reading posts from other magazine collectors will help all of us to not miss good magazines.

flakenforaikeninFL
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2004, 03:51:07 PM »

What a great idea!  Good thinkin -- It is really time consuming thumbing through all the mags and then deciding whether to buy or not

:)  :?  :?
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2004, 08:22:05 AM »

This is a very slow week for Clay in the magazines, so I thought I would post a few he ISN'T  in, just to save you the trouble:

There IS a small mention in US Weekly, June 28, 2004 issue - Page 92 - announcing the AFI 100 Years, 100 Songs Program - mentioned Clay, John Travolta, & Celine Dione.

People June 28, 2004 - 50 Hottest Bachelors. Clay is not here either, but on Page 120, you can meet Ben Jelen, who, from what I've read, will open for Clay's summer tour beginning in August. (I have tickets for a September concert in Houston, so I don't know if he will still be opening for Clay then).

Entertainment Weekly June 25/July 2 2004 - "137 Things We Love This Summer - The Must List". Clay is not on this either. Entertainment Weekly never mentioned the Independent Tour, or the fact that The Way/Solitaire was #1 for nine weeks. There is a small mention on Page 159 about Clay's appearance on A Capitol Fourth 2004, but it is not a good mention. This follows a small mention in the June 18, 2004 edition (Page 87) that would lead someone who did not know better to think that William Hung and Clay are selling the same number of albums. I have subscribed to Entertainment Weekly for years, but that is about to change.

Forbes Magazine, July 5, 2004 - "Tracking Fame In An Insta-Celebrity Age - The Celebrity 100". Clay did not make this list either, but at least Forbes tells how they came up with the list (you do not have to buy the magazine - you can view all of this on Forbes Magazine.com, as I did). They tracked earnings, web mentions on Google, press clips, TV/Radio mentions, and the covers of 17 "major consumer magazines". The rankings show pay rank, web rank, press rank, and TV rank. The worst thing about this is that Willaim Hung is #96. I don't know why that bothers me so much, but it does.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2004, 10:50:11 AM »

THAT REALLY BOTHERS ME WITH WILLIAM HUNG STILL AT #96.  SORRY BUT THERE MUST A LOT OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO BETTER WITH THEIR MONEY.  THANK YOU FOR THE INFO ON THE MAGAZINES THOUGH.

LORRAINE
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2004, 11:45:42 AM »

Ok,I am not sure what page it is on,but in the July issue of the magazine TWIST there is a section in the mag where they do the best makeovers!Clay is featured with a pic & a paragraph basically talking about his makeover!I don't have the mag in front of me so I'm not sure of the page?Just wanted to post incase anyone here wnats to buy it! :D
Jeannette
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2004, 09:27:54 PM »

fhmmany2, thanks again for all the great info, both the ones with and without mention of Clay.  I too was disappointed that Clay was not included in the People list of 50 most sexy bachelors--he was in the last issue of the 50 sexiest men.

The August issue of Tiger Beat is definitely worth getting.  The picture with the buddha shirt and the crossed legs is just adorable!  Those gorgeous eyes!  Those delicious hands!  Those beautiful feet (make that foot).  Those adorable toes!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2004, 04:10:25 PM »

Reality TV--Official Collector's Edition.

Pictures are on page 136 & 137-- there are 5 pictures of him.   I am pretty sure we have all seen  these particular pictures,  or have them  in our possesion.  Most of the pictures are from AI2.  Three small paragrapghs on page 137.  One part talks about How AI2 ended, The next was another little blurp about  Life after AI2. The last bit was a little story about his childhood his biological father & his sister who comitted suicide.
I say read it while you are standing in line at the market--if you feel it is worth it,  buy it.  

Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2004, 04:39:03 PM »

Small mention of Clay in July 2004 Glamour...the section is titled "What are you singing along to in the car?"

"Anything by Clay Aiken- I can't get enough of that guy."..
by David Spade (comedian actor..most recently on "Just Shoot Me". small picture of David beside the quote.

Is he on the list of Clay fans?

Lora-Ohio
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2004, 09:04:15 PM »

In Touch-page 94: The 4th of July special is promoted and there's a picture of Clay {the one Michele uses as an avatar on here} placed in front of the Capitol in Washington.

i think the caption says: 'what better way to celebrate America than have an American Idol appear at the festivities?'

someone can get the accurate quote if they see the magazine in Wal*Mart or wherever.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Jeannette
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2004, 05:22:15 PM »

In Touch (the 25 cent issue), they list the other people who will be performing, but Clay is the only one with a full-page picture.  I've noticed that with a lot of the magazines lately, if there are several people in an article listed, Clay is the one with the biggest picture, or the one who is placed first in the article.
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

Thanks for all the updates on the magazines! :D
Jeannette
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2004, 10:02:05 PM »

The Collegiate Standard Clay Commemorative issue just came today--it's just wonderful--so much information about Clay, before AI.  It's great to get a whole new picture of what Clay was like before he was famous, not that he's really different now from what he was then, but to see his evolution.

It's definitely worth the $15.oo--I think July 5 is the last day to order.

Thanks again, fhmmany2!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 64 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx