gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:13:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 449
Total: 449

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 229272 times)
luluasst
Claymaniac

California dreaming!

« Reply #1220 on: September 25, 2008, 08:31:45 AM »

JMHO, but I actually disagree -- and I think that the two stories had to run together.  In a way, Parker was the deciding factor in Clay's decision to come out.  Parker's mom and his dad's relationship has been the subject of speculation from fans wondering what "dear friend" really means.  This is a family portrait, and I think it has all come together as a family love story, as in ATDW.

I agree. And go to people.com - there's an interview with jaymes there right now. Also the part 2 of GMA tomorrow will feature both of them talking about why they made this arrangement and what it means.

"Love requires walking through the fire to set me free, so I could rise up from the ashes"

Saw Clay in concert at Pala on my birthday, August 3, 2007

M&G with Kelly Clarkson and the idols on their  FIRST ever AI tour in San Diego Oct. 8, 2002
Bams Girl
« Reply #1221 on: September 25, 2008, 05:04:18 PM »

OMG! Parker is so adorable!!!!
 dad rocks
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1222 on: September 26, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »

wave

Well, I was wrong about the other magazines this week - I guess People really did have an exclusive!

I checked:

In Touch - 10/6/08 - NO CLAY
Star - 10/6/08 - NO CLAY
Life &  Style - 10/6/08 - NO CLAY
O.K. Magazine - 10/6/08 - NO CLAY

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1223 on: September 26, 2008, 11:46:12 AM »

Frankie,
                Perhaps the other magazines felt there was nothing more to say. It may be good
        they did"nt get nasty in their remarks, better nothing than that.

Betty
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1224 on: September 26, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »

No People Magazine with Clay today at Albertsons.   Paranoid  Just a double People Issue.  I will have to check at Target or Walmart.  I think it would be interesting to know how many copies of this People sells and if it's an unusually high number.  I am guessing there will be quite a few copies bought.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1225 on: September 27, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »

wave

Shirl gave me these magazines this morning, and I just haven't stopped to post them!

Rolling Stone 10/2/08 - NO CLAY
   Page 11 - Intersting article, according to Shirl - "Tour Biz Strong in Weak Economy". According to LiveNation, this was one of the best summers in recent memory. The American Idol Live Tour was #8 for the summer, earning 13.8 Million

Entertainment Weekly - 10/13/08 - CLAY (small photo - blonde hair)
   Page 30 -
In an interview with People Magazine dated 10/6/08, American Idol Alum Clay Aiken , 29, came out of the closet. The singer has a 7 week old son, Parker, with music Producer jaymes Foster, 50.

My EW usually comes 2-3 days late. when it does get here, I will post the photo, just so there will be a record in this thread.

Prissy - if you can't find People magazine let me know - there were lots of copies here yesterday.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #1226 on: September 29, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »

Hi Frankie! Huggles
We all know I did my part to help the Idol tour be successful with the tickets I purchased...and my flooding basement wouldn't let me use. Roll eyes
I think Entertainment Weekly was the only other magazine to mention Clay last week,
NO CLAY in:
US Weekly - 10/6/08
Soap Opera Digest - 10/07/08
but I'll bet there will be a few mentions at least this week, bigsmile I was hoping to be able to check the TV Guide today, but it didn't come yet. Paranoid

Prissy, thank you for posting Clay's People article, you saved me a lot of work, I didn't have to type up the whole thing or hunt down the pictures! Plus I would have no clue how to make them clickable like you did. Huggles My mom and I were actually debating who would get to read the article first, of course I wanted to, bigsmile but my mom said if she bought in the mail the day it came, she would, it finally came Thursday, but thanks to you I got to read it first Wednesday night.
I did enjoy Clay's article, and getting to see little Parker for the first time, (he's such a beautiful, adorable little baby! dad rocks ) and am going to pick up another copy this week, but my mom would agree with you, she thought Parker's first pictures and Clay's announcement should've been different subjects too. Huggles
But, Frankie and mainer, I also think that since Parker is Clay's reason for coming out, the stories had to be told together, one goes with the other. bigsmile
But I'm guessing the big "Yes, I'm Gay" headline was more the magazine's idea to catch people's eye on newstands, then Clay's.
There were mentions about Clay in both my newspapers here too, the Sun-Times and the Tribune, but they weren't very positive, so I'm not going to post them. Paranoid
~Kelly~ wave

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1227 on: October 02, 2008, 07:31:36 PM »

I'm losing faith in what were once really good News magazines:

Newsweek 10/6/08 - CLAY
  Page 21 "Perspectives"
I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things
American Idol alumnus and born-again Christian Clay Aiken who announced last week that he is gay and explained that his 2 month old child with producer Jaymes Foster was conceived via in vitro fertilization
And they can't get their facts right, either.

Time - 10/6/08 - CLAY
   Page 24 - "Pop Chart" - "Shockingly Predictable"
Clay Aiken comes out. Also: sky blue, water wet.
There is a small photo-shopped photo of Clay in his Spamalot costume waving a gay rights flag. I am not going to post the photo.

On a happier note, From Shirl:

Life & Style - 10/13/08 - NO CLAY
O.K. Magazine - 10/13/08 - NO CLAY
Star - 10/13/08 - NO CLAY

In Touch - 10/13/08 - CLAY
   Page 10 - Photo of Clay in Spamalot costume -
Instant Poll - Hottest Question of the Week - are you surprised that Clay Aiken is Gay? Yes - 63%, No 37%
   Page 63 - article about stars who recently "came out" - a photo of Clay (from the ATDW CD Release party) - quote from last week from the People magazine article.
   Page 98 - A photo of Jimmy Kimmel holding a "My Heart Is Aiken" sign - quote from Jimmy's show last week - the one where he said for fans to not feel bad - that Clay could not have married all of us anyway! 

Three good mentions, according to Shirl. I plan to get this magazine sometime tomorrow, and will post the photos unless someone else wants to post them first!

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1228 on: November 22, 2008, 01:13:33 PM »

Hi Frankie! Huggles
Oh, what a wonderful surprise to come online today, the first time since Tuesday, and to see our home is back! fruit
So of course the first thread I come too is this one.
Here's all the magazines I've kept track of since we first went down, with the exception of Soap Opera Digest, I didn't keep their dates, as Clay is hardly ever in that magazine, and I just decided I'd post when he is, after reading all the issues from the past month and a half and Clay wasn't in any of them. Roll eyes

TV Guide - 10/13 - 10/19/08 - NO CLAY
TV Guide - 10/20 - 10/26/08 - NO CLAY
TV Guide - 10/27 - 11/2/08 - NO CLAY
TV Guide - 11/3 - 11/9/08 - NO CLAY
TV Guide - 11/10 - 11/16/08 - YES CLAY
*question for Carrie Underwood mentioning Clay, no picture*

"A lot of former Idols, like Fantasia and Clay Aiken, have dabbled in acting. Do you have similar ambitions?"
TV Guide - 11/17- 11/23/08 - NO CLAY
TV Guide - 11/24 - 12/7/08 - Double Issue
- YES CLAY *small picture of Clay with his blond hair, in the Sagittarius Horoscope, on pg.99.*

People - 10/27/08 - YES CLAY
*Reader letters about Clay's People Cover story, pg.6 in "MailBag" there was a small picture of Clay's cover and four letters.*

"Whether Clay is gay or straight makes no difference. He's a class act, and Parker is a lucky little boy"
Teri Adkins Gainesville, Fla.

Clay Aiken
"I've been a fan of Clay's since day one, and I couldn't be more thrilled for him in his new role as a father. I am incredibly proud of him for making the decision to come out. It doesn't change a thing, and his true fans will love him all the same. As a mother of three kids, I applaud his parenting style. Parker is starting life with honesty, love and commitment from his dad-Clay's son has it made."
C. Wilson via e-mail

"I'd like Clay Aiken to know that he'll always have this fan in his corner. I'm thrilled about his new baby and wish both of them a lifetime of happiness. Clay sings like an angel. I can't wait to hear the music that's sure to follow Clay's life-changing transition."
S. Worthington South Windsor, Conn.

"I was not surprised to learn that Clay Aiken is gay. I was surprised, however, that such news is still considered worth devoting a cover story to. Self-outing celebrities are no longer interesting, unique or brave. They're just tiring-and shamelessly attention-starved.
Mike Richmond Las Vegas, Nev.

People - 11/3/08 - NO CLAY
People - 11/10/08 - NO CLAY
People - 11/17/08 - NO CLAY
People - 11/24/08 -
YES CLAY
*small mention in a David Archuleta CD review, no picture*

"Archuleta has about as much edge as Bambi, which might have doomed him to be another Clay Aiken."
People - 12/1/08 - Special Double Issue - NO CLAY

US Weekly - 10/13/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly 10/20/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly - 10/27/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly 11/3/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly - 11/10/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly - 11/17/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly - 11/24/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly - 12/1/08 -
YES CLAY
*pg.44 Birthday mention, no picture.*
"This Week's Birthday's: November 30 Clay Aiken, 30"

~Kelly~ wave

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1229 on: November 22, 2008, 02:36:57 PM »

Thank you, Kelly!!!  Huggles Huggles Huggles Huggles Shirl has her list of all that she has read in the last 6 weeks, and I have a stack of magazines yet to check! I will try my best to get all of those posted this evening. And it is great to be home! 

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1230 on: November 22, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »

blush bigsmile blush bigsmile
It's wonderful to be home!!! wheee wheee
And I'm always happy to help Frankie! Wink
~Kelly~ wave

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1231 on: November 24, 2008, 07:26:57 PM »

wave

During our exile from our home site, Shirl and I had a lot of discussions about whether to continue this Thread - I'm not sure anyone cares about it at all, but we finally decided that if even one person does care, it is worth continuing here.

Shirl stopped in the middle of packing to go to New York to catch up on her magazines - thank you again, Shirl. You and Kelly have done a tremendous amount of work this week  Huggles Here is Shirl's report:

Rolling Stone
10/16/08
10/30/08
11/13/08
NO CLAY

STAR
10/20/08
10/27/08
11/3/08
11/10/08
11/17/08
11/24/08
12/01/08
NO CLAY

O.K. Magazine
10/20/08
10/27/08
11/3/08
11/10/08
11/17/08
11/24/08
NO CLAY

Life & Style
10/20/08
10/27/08
11/3/08
11/10/08
11/17/08
11/24/08
12/1/08
NO CLAY

In Touch
10/20/08 - NO CLAY
10/27/08 - CLAY - Page 68 - Small Photo and Quote from Jay Leno on The Tonight Show
11/3/08 - NO CLAY
11/10/08 - NO CLAY
11/17/08 - NO CLAY
11/24/08 - NO CLAY
12/1/08 - CLAY - Page 91 - Horoscope - 3" by 4' photo (blonde hair, smiling)
Happy Birthday! This week your popularity soars - You've waited long enough - the time for new romance is now

Entertainment Weekly
10/17/08
10/24/08
10/31/08
11/7/08
11/14/08
11/21/08
11/28/08
NO CLAY
The 11/21/08 magazine did have an article about the end of TRL

Have a great time in New York, Shirl!  Huggles I'm praying that Clay stays healthy, and that he will perform the days you have Spamalot tickets. And enjoy his birthday party on Saturday night, too! How great to be able to spend Clay's 30th birthday with other fans  Purple Banana I am so happy that your phone allows you to read this site - even if you can't post, at least you are back with us again!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1232 on: November 26, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »

In recent TV Guides, Clay was mentioned.

In one, he was one of the answers to the Crossword Puzzle.  Clapping

And finally, Clay was pictured on the last page (where a specific star is listed with each of the 12 astrological signs) for Sagittarius.  Clapping  I have waited for this for years!!  (I see it was mentioned above.)

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1233 on: November 30, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »

Frankie, as always you and Shirl did a wonderful job with the magazines! Clapping Huggles
I can tell you that I still care about this thread, very much, and you know how much I enjoy helping with it. bigsmile
I think a lot of others still care about it too, this has always been a wonderful way for everyone to check and see if Clay's in the magazines, even if they don't post when they do, and as long as you want to keep it going, I'll be happy to keep helping. Huggles

People - 12/08/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly - 12/08/08 - NO CLAY
there is a sweet article on pg.14 about Josh Gracin's 4th baby, Isabella. Clapping

wave ~Kelly~

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1234 on: December 02, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »

wave From ClayObsessed:

Details - December 2008 "Power Issue" This issue has lists of what the magazine considers "power" people from 2008. There is a Clay photo (small photo of the People Cover), and a Clay mention - but it is not a good mention, so it won't be repeated here.

O.K. Magazine - 12/8/08 - NO CLAY - for those of you interested, there is a David Cook article and photos on page 73.

Billboard 11/29/08 - NO CLAY - there is a David Archeleta article and several photos.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1235 on: December 03, 2008, 05:29:24 PM »

More information from Shirl/ClayObsessed:

Star - 12/8/08 - NO CLAY
In Touch - 12/8/08 - NO CLAY
Life & Style - 12/8/08 - NO CLAY

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1236 on: December 08, 2008, 02:38:01 AM »

Hi Frankie! wave
Thanks for the David Cook information, I'll have to look for that OK issue.

People - 12/15/08 - NO CLAY
TV Guide - 12/8-12/14/08 - NO CLAY
US Weekly - 12/15/08 -
YES CLAY
pg.58 small mention and picture in article: "Hollywood Baby Names A to Z"

"P is for Parker: Clay Aiken, 30, and his friend, music producer Jaymes Foster, 50, honored his late step-dad, Ray Parker, in naming their first child, born August 8."
pg.77 another small mention in a David Foster article, no picture:
"Q:Your sister, Jaymes, just had a baby with Clay Aiken. What gives?"
"She always wanted to have children. They are best friends and they will co-parent. It's beautiful.

Kind of a weird question: "What gives?" They had a baby, that's "What gives"! Laughing
  ~Kelly~

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1237 on: December 13, 2008, 11:51:49 AM »

Huggles Thank you, Kelly! I am so far behind on magazines I may never catch up - but at least I am caught up on getting Christmas ready for my family!

ClayObsessed/Shirl just called.............

O.K. Magazine 12/15/08 - NO CLAY (Shirl missed the rest of the Dec. 15 th magazines, and I never went out to look for them - sorry!)

O. K. Magzine 12/22/08 - NO CLAY
Life & Style - 12/22/08 - NO CLAY
In Touch 12/22/08 - NO CLAY

Star Magazine  12/22/08 -- CLAY -  Page 8 (Table of Contents - Photo) and Page 40 (3/4/ page photo of Clay and Reed Kelly and an article. I'm sure everyone in the Clay Nation has looked at this article/photo online, so Shirl and I see no need to go into the contents of the article or to print the photo here. Since Clay was photographed in public at a public function, Shirl does not think this is an invasion of his privacy, so it is being mentioned.

Blender - December 2008 - NO CLAY
   Page 34 "33 Most Wanted Songs in America" #1 - David Archeleta "Crush", #2 - David Cook "Light On".

HELP PLEASE!!!!!  - Shirl says that Entertainment Weekly is almost impossible to find now. (The years I subscribed I did so because it is sold so few places). If anyone subscribes  to EW, or reads it, Shirl would appreciate your help posting anything you find about Clay here.

vikipace
Claymation

Ciao!

« Reply #1238 on: December 13, 2008, 01:33:12 PM »

I bought Star Magazine this week...and it was LAST week's issue. I went to a bunch of stores and couldn't find the current issue! I was ripped off...could you scan the article for me? If its too offensive, don't even bother. Thanks so much in advance! :-P

He lites up my life! I loved his "supremely silly" performance in Spamalot on May 3, 2008! :-P
claymate27
Claymation

"The best hasn't happened yet!"

« Reply #1239 on: December 13, 2008, 06:19:00 PM »

Santa wave

vicipace,here is a PB link to the article:

http://s459.photobucket.com/albums/qq312/Tackleberry_07/Spam%20rewind%200908-0409/earlier%20summer%20tour/summertour07/funnyclaystuff/smilies/other%20Clay%20pics/other%20Clay%20Stuff/?action=view&current=Star_12_22_08.jpg

Just click on it to make it bigger. Huggles

ClayFan for Life!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx