gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:10:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 531
Total: 531

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 229278 times)
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1180 on: August 01, 2008, 04:53:04 PM »

Thanks Frankie  Clapping Purple Banana Huggles

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1181 on: August 01, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »

You're welcome, Beth - Shirl did all of the work of checking magazines - I just went and got my copy of O.K. after she called me!  Laughing

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #1182 on: August 04, 2008, 03:45:45 PM »

Hi Frankie! Huggles
Checked a few magazines, NO CLAY in:
People - 8/11/08
US Weekly - 8/11/08
TV Guide - 8/4-8/10/08
or People - Double Issue - 8/18/07
but Angelina Jolie's beautiful twins are on the cover! Clapping
~Kelly~

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1183 on: August 05, 2008, 09:07:03 AM »

wave

Time 8/11/08 - NO CLAY

Entertainment Weekly 8/8/08 - NO CLAY

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1184 on: August 05, 2008, 02:17:45 PM »

Newsweek 8/11/08 - NO CLAY

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1185 on: August 14, 2008, 02:14:43 AM »

wave

What a pity that Michael had to delete all of the posts from last week - we are missing a lot of News from one of the most important weeks of Clay's life. Maybe we can all work to re-post the most important things,

There was only one Clay sighting in the weekly magazines for the 8/11/08 and 8/18 Issues. O.K. Magazine  - 8/11/08 Issue - was the only magzine that gave Clay any recognition for the Somalia/Kenya UNICEF trip - here are photos of the entire page, and a close up of Clay's portion of the page:

And - Time Magazine 8/25/08 - NO CLAY
  The was an interview with Katherine McPhee on the "Newsmakers" page. She is starring in a movie. The interviewer asked if she gets many questions about her marraige to a man 19 years older than she is, and Katharine said that no one ever mentions it! (Clay should be so lucky!)

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1186 on: August 16, 2008, 02:05:15 PM »

Hi Frankie wave
What have I missed? Why did Michael have to delete last week's posts? Don't Know
Anyway, I found Clay! Pictures and baby news!

People - 8/25/08 - YES CLAY
pg.22 In "Scoop" two pictures, one of Clay carrying tiny little Parker! bigsmile

"Clay Aiken He's A Dad
Clay Aiken's got a new gig: proud papa! The former American Idol runner-up, 29, and his friend, music producer jaymes Foster, 50, welcomed son Parker Foster Aiken at 8:08 am on Aug.8 at a North Carolina hospital. Parker-which is Aiken's mom's sur-name-weighed 6 lbs. 2oz. and was 19 inches long. Aiken's mom told a Raleigh radio station that Parker has "dark hair". And on his blog, Aiken gushed, "The little man is healthy, happy and as loud as his daddy."
The caption for the pictures says:
"Aiken carries his newborn, conceived via in vitro fertilization, outside Durham Regional Hospital in Durham, N.C."
and:
It's a boy!
Here's the scan:

Clapping bigsmile

US Weekly - 8/25/08 - YES CLAY
pg.10 "Hot Hollywood" "Hollywood's Mile-High Meltdowns!"
Under a small picture of Clay that looks like it's from the stagedoor at Spamalot it says:

"Clay Aiken The singer, 29, reportedly got in a midflight scuffle last year after placing his foot on a female passenger's armrest. Later, at a concert, he joked of getting beaten up by a girl."
Then on pg.23 "Hot Pics" there's this same picture from People.com

And it says:
"The little man is healthy, happy and as loud as his daddy," Clay Aiken (leaving a Durham, NC, hospital Aug.11) blogged of son Parker, born Aug. 8."

And going through some old newspapers I found this in my Chicago Sun-Times on 8/9/08, the caption under a small picture of Clay from his AP interview:
"Clay Aiken plans to help bring up the baby boy he fathered via artificial insemination"
Then this article:
"Aiken becomes a dad via insemination: Clay Aiken is the father of a baby boy, his mother, Faye, told WRAL-TV in Raleigh, N.C., on Friday. Parker Foster Aiken, who weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces and was 19 inches long, was born at 8:08 a.m. Friday in an undisclosed North Carolina location, and Aiken's mother said the baby has dark hair. The 'American Idol' runner-up, 29, who starred on Broadway in 'Monty Python's Spamalot', confirmed the news on his blog with this posting: "My dear friend, Jaymes, and I are so excited to announce the birth of Parker Foster Aiken...The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy." The mother is Jaymes Foster, the sister of music producer David Foster and a producer herself. In May, his rep said Foster was artificially inseminated, and the two plan to bring up the child together."

bigsmile ~Kelly~

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1187 on: August 16, 2008, 06:01:45 PM »

Huggles
Kelly! I knew Clay would be in all of the magazines this week!  Purple Banana (It's like going back to 2003  Laughing ) Looks like the magazines all used the same photos - but at least there are good mentions and articles! 

In Touch - 8/25/08 - CLAY!
   Page 3 - Table of Contents
It's A Baby Boy!
The singer welcomes the arrival of his first child, Parker Foster Aiken, with his 50-year-old best friend, Jaymes Foster

Then, on Page 44, there is a full page article with photos of Clay with Parker, and Jaymes (Caption
Clay and Jayme left the Durham Regional Hospital in North Carolina with their newborn son, Parker, On August 11
and a photo of a "birth announcement" with the baby's statistics:

A Boy For Clay! American Idol's Clay Aiken is a dad! On August 8 the 29-year-old and his longtime friend, James Foster, 50, welcomed a baby boy named Parker Foster Aiken. "Before the birth, Clay was pacing back and forth like any expectant father," an insider reveals "He was a little anxious because Jaymes' age might have caused some complications." But the delivery went smoothly and soon after, the proud pop announced the news to Claymates around the world by writing. "He's Here!" on his official web site. Parker can look forward to a happy family life, according to an insider. "Clay and Jaymes plan to raise the baby together", the insider says, "They're best friends, and in a way, soulmates." As In Touch previously reported, the new parents have frozen eggs and sperm in hopes of having a second baby next year. But for now, they're focusing on their son. And the votes are in - Clay's going to be a great Dad. "I centainly wish him the best" friend Lynda Loveland tells In Touch. "I've seen him interact with kids, and Clay is phenominal."

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1188 on: August 16, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »

Life & Style - 8/25/08 - CLAY
   Page 22 -
Clay's A Daddy! Clay Aiken brought home his new son, Parker, who was born at 8:08 a.m. on 8/8/08, from the Durham Regional Hospital in North Carolina on Aug 11. "Parker's healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy", says the singer. Parker's mom is Clay's friend Jaymes Foster.

Star - 8/25/08 - CLAY
   Page 94 -
Idol Babies - Clay Aiken, 29, welcomed a son born to close friend Jaymes Foster, 50, on Aug. 8. Though the two are not a couple, they plan to raise Parker Foster Aiken together. Bo Bice's wife, Caroline Fisher, 27, gave birth to their second son on Aug. 5. Caleb joins brother Aiden, 2.

Time Magazine - 8/25/08 - CLAY
   Page 19 -
Pop Chart - Clay Aiken's son is born. Let the baby photo bidding begin!
(Note: All of the photos on the Pop Chart page are very small - the photo blurred when enlarged (which many be a good thing in this case)  Paranoid

I know that the baby news is probably in O.K. Magazine this week, too, but Shirl subscribes to that, so I will let her call in her report when her magazine reaches her......................

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1189 on: August 17, 2008, 04:49:50 PM »

wave

Shirl just called, and Clay is, indeed, in the 8/25/08 issue of O.K. Magazine - page 9. she says it is an older, but a good, photo, and that the write up about the baby is a good one. I will get a copy as soon as I can, and will post a photo (unless someone else has the magazine and wants to post it - I would love that!)

Also from Shirl - Entertainment Weekly 8/22/08 - NO CLAY

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1190 on: August 18, 2008, 08:43:27 PM »

wave

Here is Page 9 from the 8/25/08 issue of O.K. Magazine
What's Hot Online - The 5 most popular items on OKmagazine.com

#2 Clay's Baby News - OKmagazine.com was the first site to confirm the birth of Parker Foster Aiken on Aug. 8

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1191 on: August 23, 2008, 06:59:12 AM »

wave Well, looking at the magazines was fun for a week - back to nothing..............

From Shirl:

Newsweek 8/25/08 - NO CLAY
In Touch - 9/1/08 - NO CLAY
Star - 9/1/08 - NO CLAY
Life & Style - 9/1/08 - NO CLAY
O.K. Magazine - 9/1/08 - NO CLAY

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1192 on: August 23, 2008, 10:44:21 AM »

Hi Frankie! Huggles
sigh It sure was fun seeing Clay in every magazine while it lasted. bigsmile

NO CLAY in:
US Weekly - 9/1/08
People - 9/1/08
TV Guide - 8/25-8/31/08
Soap Opera Digest - 8/26/08

wave ~Kelly~

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1193 on: August 28, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »

wave
Editing on 8/31/08 to add:
YES CLAY in:
People - 9/8/08 pg.102 *very small mention, no picture, in an artcle on the new American Idol judge Kara Dioguardi*
"A longtime fan of the show, the New York native has written songs for former Idols Kelly Clarson, Carrie Underwood and Clay Aiken"
Thank you Shirl for finding this and Frankie for sending me a PM to let me know what I'd missed! I just hate when I miss a Clay mention! Laughing
Frankie, stay safe, I'll be saying many prayers that you and your family stay safe in the path of Gustav, that it dies down as it makes landfall, and that there's no damage from the storm. Huggles

NO CLAY in:
US Weekly - 9/8/08
TV Guide - 9/1-9/7/08
Soap Opera Digest - 9/2/08
Soap Opera Digest  - 9/9/08
~Kelly~ wave

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1194 on: August 29, 2008, 03:56:06 PM »

Huggles Kelly - thank you! You and Shirl have done all of the work this week - she just called me with:

In Touch - 9/8/08 - NO CLAY
Life & Style - 9/8/08 - NO CLAY
O.K. Magazine - 9/8/08 - NO CLAY
Star - 9/8/08 - NO CLAY - but Shirl wanted me to post the horoscope for Sagittarius:
Giving without the desire to receive builds good Carma. Don't confuse friendship with intimate love - keep the boundaries clear

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1195 on: September 05, 2008, 11:09:43 AM »

Frankie,
                    Shirl. felt you are so busy with the house she asked me to post these magazines.

IN TOUCH-             9/15/08            NO CLAY
          OK Mag.                 9/15/08            NO CLAY
          LIFE AND STYLE      9/15/08            NO CLAY
          STAR mag.              9/15/08            NO CLAY

Maybe when he is back on Spamalot we will find something.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1196 on: September 06, 2008, 04:20:12 AM »

Thank you Kelly, Betty, and Shirl for your hard work on this thread  Huggles Huggles Huggles - hopefully Clay fans at least save some time by not having to read magazines looking for Clay if they read this thread.

We are back at home, the electricity is back on, and we had minimul damage from Hurricane Gustav  Clapping

I checked:

Entertainment Weekly - 8/25/08 - NO CLAY
Interview Magazine - September 2008 - NO CLAY
Time - 9/8/08 - NO CLAY
Newsweek - 8/25/08 - NO CLAY

Betty - I hope you are right about Clay getting some magazine publicity for his return to Spamalot!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1197 on: September 06, 2008, 05:49:12 PM »

Shirl just called me with an additional magazine, and I remembered that she gave me a couple last week that never got posted:

Rolling Stone 9/4/08 - NO CLAY
Caregiver  Magazine - July/August 2008 - NO CLAY, but they gave the Bubel/Aiken foundation as a good resource for Caregivers.
Entertainment Weekly - 9/5/08 - NO CLAY
Entertainment Wekly - 9/12/08 (Double Issue) - NO CLAY

And I checked:

Time - 9/15/08 - NO CLAY

Claygirl
SuperFan

« Reply #1198 on: September 07, 2008, 03:10:23 AM »

Hi Frankie! Huggles I'm so glad you're safe, Gustav is over, and that you didn't have much damage from the storm! Clapping Huggles
Gustav's rain's visited us here in Illinois on Thursday, and my basement was not a pretty site! Naughty
Guess what I was told, (by a member here no less! Laughing )? That I talk about Clay too much! lmao
Does that mean I should stop helping with the magazine thread? Don't Know Yeah right! Laughing
Hold on, let me check something...yep, just as I thought...this is a Clay board! Who would've thought people actually talk about Clay here! *gasp* Jaw drop! I just found that to be very funny! bigsmile
They also said I sound like Clay's wife! Let's see, I've been mistaken for his girlfriend, and now told I act like his wife...cool!

I found Clay!

People - 9/15/08 - YES CLAY
*Reader letter about Clay, no picture*
pg.8 "Mailbag"
"Clay Aiken Congratulations to Clay Aiken. I always believed that he would make a wonderful father. It's just like Clay to march to the beat of his own drum.
Vickie Davie Starke, Fla."
Clapping

NO CLAY in:
TV Guide - 9/8-9/14/08
US Weekly - 9/15/08

wave ~Kelly~

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1199 on: September 07, 2008, 06:53:54 AM »

wave Kelly - thank you for the information - especially about the mention in People. They get thousands of letters - glad they chose a positive letter about Clay!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx