gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:38:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 229195 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« on: June 09, 2004, 11:38:02 AM »

I thought I would start a thread for magazine collectors to post what they find in magazines - this may help others decide whether they want a magazine or not. Magazines sometimes cost a lot now, and I think we can help each other with this. There have been precious few articles this summer (I'm ready for another magazine cover), but here is what I have found so far:

US Weekly - May 31, 2004
Page 87 - 3" by 3" prom picture of Clay with his date, Jennifer Myers.

Entertainment Weekly - June 4, 2004
Page 82 - Half-page article by Chris Willman on making the Sex Pistols movie. Thumb-nail picture of Clay from AI2 days, and a small attempt at humour by the author. Page 83 - Review of Tamyra Gray's CD. Small mention - "It doesn't showcase her voice as strongly as Clay Aiken's and Kelly Clarkson's entries did".

J-14 - July 2004
Page 8 - 3" by 5" picutre of Kelly and Clay at Seaworld with the beluga whale. Page 35 - 4" by &7" article and picture of Clay (GREAT SMILE, black shirt, black pants) talking about AI3. Page 108 - Monthly Poll - Clay #4 for Tops In Pops - Up from #5 in June (You can vote every month at readers-picks@j14.com, or mail the coupon that is in the magazine).

Tiger Beat - July 2004
Pages 28 & 29 - Pictures of Clay and his Mom to match to each other. Pin-Up Section - 8" by 10" picture of Clay on a bike - This has been in a magazine before, but not as a pin-up.

Twist - July 2004
Page 61 Ten Best Makeovers - 3" by 6" picture of Clay "After" 1" by 2" picture of Clay "Before". One line quote from Clay about confidence.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 12:29:44 PM »

:D I think that's a great idea!I know how expensive magazines are today & it kinda gets tough keeping up with buying them all when sometimes they only contain 1 or 2 little pics or a mention in an article!If I come across anything that might be helpful I will post it & let everyone know!Thanks again! :)
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 12:48:09 PM »

I am with Stephanie on this idea for a thread.fhmmany, This is a super  idea, this will help us determine if we should or should not spend the  $$$ on a magazines.  It may help us save $$$$ for upcoming concert tickets.

GOOD THINKING fhmmany!!

Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:26:52 PM »

I also think this sounds like a fine idea, so I just made this topic a "Sticky".

Thanks, fhmmany 2!!!

Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 03:20:52 PM »

This is a great idea!  Thanks fhmmany2 and Deanna for stickying.

Just for your information, and in case you aren't aware, the CLAY IN PRINT thread lists this information current up until April I believe.

Be sure and check your local used book stores and libraries, as many of them will carry magazines that are a couple or more months old. Sometimes you can score a real treasure if you just scavenge around a little bit!

Or am I the only one who likes to scavenge in used book stores...?   Wink:
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 05:06:08 PM »

with so many teen/pop magazines at Wal*Mart they all seem like a blur. But there's one i saw today. I think it's called Pop Star. Clay is shown inside during a radio interview. nothing much else is said...except the caption "Clay Aiken appears to be laughing hysterically...he's certainly not invisible". within the magazine they have a Clay vs. JC article. i'll paraphrase the comment from JC: 'I don't mean to make the kid's mad but i don't think i can take another Clay Aiken record' . the editor or whoever appears to take up for Clay with their response.

so, if you want the magazine for the picture of Clay laughing with the radio headphones on and wearing glasses, go out and track it down.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ClayObsessed
Claycrazy

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 03:15:13 AM »

What a GREAT idea fhmmany2.

I too buy the magazines and since I don't get around too well,
and my son and daughter-in-law (and don't forget the neighbors),
are not too anxious to search the store shelves for me any more,
I rely on getting them direct from the publishers as back issues.
I even buy from Ebay when I have to.

CAN YOU IMAGINE, ANYONE NOT BEING  ANXIOUS TO LOOK FOR
CLAY IN THE MAGAZINES? Wink:

So the reviews would be especially helpful to me.  There must
be others like me who get the mags late, so I was wondering if
you want any reviews for earlier than the beginning of May.

Again what a wonderful idea this is.

shirl

HEAVEN has arrived at the Joyful Noise 2005 Tour Nov 8th
I kissed Clay's cheek
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 03:15:55 AM »

Quote from: Jeannette
Popstar's being good to us again--there's another fullpage pic of Clay.  He's in the same light blue shirt with the white tee, but a different pose, one I had never seen before, impossibly cuddly and bedroomy.  I think he must know by now how much we love those green eyes--he seems to have them more wide open on recent pics.  Yummy!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 09:02:42 PM »

I've found a few more. Instead of posting these with my first post, I'm just going with today's date - is this what I should do? I missed the fact that there was already information in the "Clay In Print" Thread, because the date never changed - I thought it was an old thread (I would have just added to the information there, if I had known it was still active.) Anyway, here are a few more magazines - the Teen magazines are not usually worth the price to me (they may be to someone who wants every printed word about Clay), but I'm glad to know that the teen mags still have him in there even when he is taking a little time off.

BOP - June 2004
Page 29 - "4 Eyes" Small article about celebrities who sometimes wear glases. 1" by 2" picture of Clay with glasses. (Britney Spear's picture is a little bigger than the others).

BOP - July 2004
Page 5 - Clay at Disneyworld in the small car with his friend.
Page 53 - "Hot Boys of Summer" - "Clay Aiken - Hot Southern Boy" (Yes He Is!) - Light Blue Denim Shirt, Yellow T-Shirt, That Wonderful Smile.

M - June 2004
Page 9 - Star Scrapbook - Another small picture of Clay, Kelly, and the Whale at Seaworld.
Page 23 - "Whose Butt Is This" (I'm Not Joking) Match Clay's face with a shot of his backside (I'm just reporting what is there).
Page 56 - Unscramble The Stars - Unscramble Clay's Name - The Hint is "I'm Pals With Kelly Clarkson".

Pop Star - July 2004
Page 7 - Clay laughting, wearing earphones, 3" by 5" picture.
Page 10 - JC vs. Clay - 2" by 2" photo of Clay - Quote from Jc Chasez (WHO?) knocking Clay - Clay refused to respond (because he has Class).
Page 27 - Hot Hits - Music Reviews - No Review of the Way/Solitaire, but a small picture of the CD Cover in "Also Totally Tight" Section.
Pin-Up Section - As mentioned Above, 8" by 10" picture of Clay, light blue shirt, white T-Shirt (serious THUD Alert), Kelly's pin-up on next page.
NOTE: AI3 Finalists on large 16" by 20" pin-up.
Page 92 - Address of Clay's Fan Club.
Page 95 - Sketch of Clay sent in by a Fan.

Is it confusing to have the new magazines put in on down the line rather than with the original post? Opinions, Please!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 09:21:14 PM »

:D I haven't looked at any magazines lately!I was at Wal-Mart the other night and like it was said before they have so many magazines,it's kinda hard to look through them all without packing a lunch LOL!So,I am on the look out I should be going to the store and I will look & report!
Jeannette
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 02:03:29 AM »

This is a great idea!  Thanks so much!  It's great to have everyone looking for the articles--I bought the Popstar and was so mezmerized by the pinup that I didn't even notice the other five Clay things.  

The mags really are expensive, but I guess I'm addicted to them, so I'll probably keep on getting them.  But it's great to have the info to know which are the best ones.
Jeannette
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 02:07:21 AM »

I posted this on the Got Clay forum, but just thought I'd mention that the teen mags have lots of contests, sometimes with Clay things as prizes.  I just entered one that had 5 autographed Clay photos as prizes in Popstar.
Jeannette
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 02:16:33 AM »

Oops, that was the N & A forum, not Got Clay--sorry.
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 04:41:55 PM »

:D I too found that POPSTAR edition with the pin-up & kelly's pin-up!And the magazine with the picture of him laughing with the earphones as mentioned above!Other then that  I haven't come across anything!I'll keep looking.......

Have a nice night everyone! :)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2004, 07:49:58 PM »

Clay Obsessed asked if we could go back and review older magazines, since she gets most of hers from ebay. I sent her a message and told her I would be glad to send her the reviews a few at a time - I've been meaning to do an inventory of my magazines, and this will get me started. Unless they are a cover magazine, I can't look at them and tell what's inside, and it's hard to go back and find favorite articles. I don't know if anybody else would be interested in doing this, too, but if you would, I'm sure she would appreciate it - if enough people would be interested, the reviews could just be posted here - if you want to review a magazine, just announce its name  and publication date so we won't all be writing about the same one.

Jeannette
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 03:43:49 AM »

fhmmany2--reviewing the magazines is such a great idea!  And thanks a million for all the info!  Especially the page numbers--I went to WalMart today and was able to find all the mags in a short time, bought five of them.  Without all the good info I would have missed so many good things!

The pic on page 35 of J-14 with Clay's opinions on AI3 was a new one, kind of different, a little snarky with that adorable little smile.  Glad to have it!

Thanks again  :!:
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 01:26:20 PM »

I just got my Collegiate Standard Commerative Magazine - It is 19 pages of Wonderful. Although it has to be purchased through ebay or a private seller, I thought I would do a short review of it anyway. This is what is in the Table of Contents:

Page 4 - I Worked Hard To Be a Teacher
Page 5 - Clay! Can You Sing? - article by Priscilla Brame
Page 5 - Clay and the Metra School - pictures wuth captions
Page 6 - What the Hell You Doin? - article by Fred Spooner
Page 7 - I Thought: I Have To Watch This Kid - article by Cheryl Young
Page 7 - UNC Charlotte's Idol In The Finals
Page 9 - Roommate With A View - article by Amy Pusey (I didn't know Clay had a girl roommate in school).
Page 11 - We Are The Potter - You Are The Clay - 4 Makeover Pictures
Page 12 - The Improbable Idol From UNC Charlotte
Page 14 - Wonderful Ambassador - article by Nancy Cooke
Page 14 - Clay's Clayllegiate Standards
Page 15 - The Hardest Working Man
Page 16 - Can Clay Survive the Demons of Fame? - article by Jeff Stewart
Page 18 - Wouldn't Miss It For the World
Page 19 - It's Great To Be Back!

If I counted correctly, there are 59 pictures of Clay on the front, back, and inside of this magazine. Mine cost me $15 plus $6 postage, but it is the best Clay magazine I've ever seen, and I already have a lot of them.

STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 03:44:17 PM »

Hi everyone!
Nothing majore but the June 18,2004 edition of Entertainment Weekly on page 87!Has a small paragraph mentioning Clay & William Hung that they sold the same number of albums in the last week of May!The paragraph is titled "Star Crossed Idols" and there is no pic,just his name!Thought I would pass it along!

Have a great night! :D
Michele
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2004, 05:34:04 PM »

fhmmany2, this is a great idea!   :D

I don't have anything to add but would like to share a link I found:

http://www.pax-et-animo.net/mags.html

They have the following posted:

These scans  are provided as a resource for the Clay Nation and are brought to you by the many generous fans of Clay who have taken the time to provide scans of their magazines to share with others. We hope they will help you with obtaining and organizing your own collections.  If you have a recent magazine that you do not see here, we would be most grateful if you could send a quality scan to

For older articles it states to go to Clayphotos.com but of course we know that is gone.    :(

To read the clip you click on the image to enlarge.   :D

Michele
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2004, 06:49:58 AM »

FYI

Clay is in the July issue of M Magazine. There is a poster inside - with this pic:  EW BIKE PIC (I haven't seen it, but found this info on another board!)
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 64 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx