gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:17:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 284
Total: 284

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome New Members! HeyHowAreYa?  (Read 137850 times)
mournful
« Reply #640 on: October 28, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »

Hey everyone...

I'm also new to the board and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Andrea, but you can call me Drea. Smile
I'm 22 years old and I live in Neu-Isenburg, Germany. Actually I'm a pretty new fan of Clay, I only found out about him 3 weeks ago and I've been hooked ever since.
I've been lurking on the board for a few days now and I think the atmosphere here is really great, so I decided to join, although I'm really behind on things when it comes to Clay. I admire his talent and the charity work he does. When I'm not listening to Clay, I work as a secretary in a lawyer office, although I'm actually a graphics- and webdesigner.

I got to know Clay at work, when I was browsing around on YouTube for videos of Kelly Clarkson cause I was bored and had nothing to do. Then I found a video of a concert they did together and the second he started singing, I already fell for him. I immediately went on Amazon to order his CDs and everything I could get my hands on. And since then I haven't been listening to anything else but Clay, which earned me a lot of stupid comments from my friends, but well...I'm above that.

Besides music, I'm a huge wrestling fan since almost 17 years. I own a fansite for a wrestler called Paul London. It's on hiatus right now, but if anyone wants to check it out, here's the link: http://www.excellence-of-innovation.de

My actual music taste goes into the rock area, for the most part alternative rock. Bands like Alter Bridge, Seven Wiser, Chevelle, 10 Years, Evanescence, 3 Doors Down and many others. But I also enjoy artists like Johnny Cash or Trace Adkins.

I'm also looking for people to chat with on a messenger, who might wanna share a bit of Clay wisdom with me. hehe So if anyone is interested, messenger information is in my profile. Smile
Ok, I think that was enough babbling from me now.  Laughing

Huge kudos to the owners for maintaining such a great place for Clay fans!

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #641 on: October 29, 2007, 03:18:02 AM »

WELCOME DREA,  YOU FOUND A GREAT BOARD TO JOIN .  WE ARE ALL A FUN LOVING & FRIENDLY BUNCH WHO ENJOY & LOVE CLAY.
HOPE TO SEE YOU AROUND.

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #642 on: October 29, 2007, 06:37:45 AM »

Welcome Drea! Glad you discovered the beautiful voice of Clay, also glad you discovered us and joined! Please look around our home, there are gems everywhere. If you click on the "Forum" button on the menu bar above you can easily see our different areas. Check out the ANN (Aiken News Network) each day for news of Clay, check out Community Central and it's threads of friendly people.

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask any moderator as we'd be happy to assist you!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Clackinator
Claynewbie

« Reply #643 on: November 07, 2007, 07:44:24 PM »

Hi, all.  I don't believe I am your typical Claymate but I felt it is time I joined.  I am 57, married, a professional, and I enjoy good music and great vocals, so obviously I think Clay is one of the best.  I have travelled hundreds (no, thousands) of miles to see Clay in concert.  I have spent hundreds (no, thousands) of dollars on tickets to see him in concert.  I have bought more tickets to concerts than I can use in my attempts to upgrade seats.  I have been to pre-parties, post-parties and waited outside venues for hours to meet Clay.  I have met many of you.  I  have hundreds of hours of Clay clips on my computer.

Sounds pretty common, I know.  The difference is I am a male.  No, I don't identify with the Claydogs I have met, and obviously I am not really a Claymate, so I really don't know where I fit in.  My wife however is a Claymate (to put it mildly) so all of the above is a direct result of her enthusiasm, I just don't tell her I am having fun, too.

I have been visiting this site for years, I just never felt the need to join.  My Claymaniac wife usually keeps me appraised of any important happenings.  BTW, she has no idea I am now also a member so lets keep it our little secret for the moment.  (Some of you have met her, too.)  We are in Texas, which at least is somewhat centrally located and that really helps when you are chasing Clay to three coasts and all points in between!

The reason I felt compelled to join is that over the last two years, Claymaniacs has helped us through some pretty tough times and I wanted everyone to know how much it has meant.  I wanted to express to everyone what a profound effect Clay and Claymaniacs has had on our lives during those difficult times.  Thanks to all.  I am not going to go into details at the moment, I'll save that for later.

I'll post again soon!  No more lurking.
shellyb
Claynewbie

YUM!!!

« Reply #644 on: November 07, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »

wave

Hi everyone!

I've been a lurker here for awhile,  I rarely post.

I've been a fan of Clay's since his AI audition.  I adore him!

I'm going to start posting in different threads just to say "Hi" to  everyone & go from there.  See you all around!

shellyb

Faith has conquered fear....
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #645 on: November 07, 2007, 08:34:20 PM »

wave Clackinator!!!
SO glad you joined.  And we won't say a word.   Wink  When I go to concerts, there are always many guys there that enjoy Clay very much.  In fact, I am "making" my 21 year old son go with us to the Christmas concert this year.  It will be his first time seeing Clay, and I want him to know just what his Mom is so excited about. We will look forward to you posting more.   

wave shellyb!!!
Glad you decided to come out of lurkdom!!!  There are MANY places to post on Claymaniacs.  We are ALL excited about Clay!!!  Glad you are part of the family. 
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #646 on: November 08, 2007, 12:58:31 AM »

wave wave
 Welcome Clackinator and Shelbyb !!  So nice to have you both with us here at
Claymaniac's. !!!         
 Anniebell / Carol

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
Cleopatra
« Reply #647 on: November 27, 2007, 02:34:22 PM »

Hi everyone!

My name is Katarina and I’m 19 years old (will be in 5 days). I live in Hungary and I’ve never been to an English speaking country and I’m sorry for my English, I know that I need to improve it, because it’s quite bad. (I’ve learnt the language for 5 years in grammar school). I’m an Egyptology student. One of my group mates at the university said once, that I look like Cleopatra (I think because of my eyeliners), that’s where my name came from. I’ve got two fat cutie kitties and a sweet little Jack Russell terrier. I love them very much.

I became a Clay fan a half year ago. I came across a video of him singing on youtube and I was amazed by his voice. I love music, I’ve heard many good singers in my life, but no one made me feel like this, his voice just blew me away. I’ve got pretty obsessed with him, bought his CDs and downloaded as many clacks as I could. I can’t help I’m just addicted to his voice, however I’m not a crazy fan type.
I moved from home 3 months ago and being alone made me feel depressed. His music helped me so much and he is not only a talented singer, but a great entertainer and made me laugh so many times.
I can’t say if he is a wonderful person, because I don’t know him personally, but what I see, all the charity works and the way he treats his fans is really wonderful. It’s good to see a celebrity who not only thinks of him/herself, but tries to make a world a better place to live in.
And I want to go to one of his concert so badly, but I can’t because of geographical difficulties, but when I’ll have enough money and time this will be the first thing I’ll do.

OMG, did I write this? Sounds kinda crazy. Maybe I’m crazy, I don’t know. Laughing
I’m happy to be here
Cleo (Katarina)
darlene1965
« Reply #648 on: November 29, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »

Hi all, my name is Darlene, and I am from Florida (Grew up in Indiana)

I just joined this community not too long ago, and it seems like a nice place.
I haven't watched Clay from the beginning unfortunately. I discovered him on accident actually a couple of months ago while looking for something on youtube. I had bought his CD awhile before that, when I bought a couple of other CD's from other Idol winners, but I never listened to it!
When I watched a video of him on youtube, I quite literally almost died, because I knew I had his CD, and had never listened to that magnificent voice. I was quite upset because he had had a show near me just before I discovered him, and I missed it...probably couldn't afford it anyway, lol

I have watched every single thing I could find sense then, and he has been the greatest inspiration to me, and has helped me in many, many ways. He is truley amazing, and was put where he is for a very big reason.
JenT
« Reply #649 on: November 30, 2007, 10:38:02 AM »

Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I'm 22 years old. I've been lurking this board for quite some time now but was afraid to become a member. But as I started to read the posts and began to see the closeness all you guys have for eachother, i really didn't have a reason to be afraid. As a matter of fact, i wanted to be a part of this wonderful family you guys are...  I've been a fan of Clay's for some time now, but only recently have i been watching him religiously and reading info that I can find about him. It's sad to say, but I have never been to his concerts, but probably watched everything that is out there on you tube or the clack unlimited. 
I'm from NY so hopefully i will be able to see him on Broadway. Clay is really just an amazing guy. He's so compassionate in everything that he does and his emotion while sings really touches your heart. Can't wait to witness his magic live!!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #650 on: November 30, 2007, 01:30:52 PM »

HELLO & WELCOME CHARLENE & JENT,
YOU PICKED A GREAT PLACE TO JOIN--YES WE ALL SHARE A COMMON LOVE FOR  CLAY.  PLEASE DON'T BE SHY & POST AWAY--HOPE TO SEE YOU BOTH POSTING ---ENJOY!! PLESE TRY & JOIN US FOR THE CELLCERTS IF YOU CAN.

ENJOY!!
ANGELA

"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
JenT
« Reply #651 on: November 30, 2007, 01:48:15 PM »

Thanks, you guys are extremely welcoming. I do have a question about the cellcert, how do you actually take part in it? I love reading what you guys have to say about it and recaping from the concert, but how do I actually get to hear Clay?
CLaYsAiKeNfAN
Claynewbie

August 16th Jukebox tour 2005 at the Toledo Zoo

« Reply #652 on: March 11, 2008, 04:45:52 PM »

my name is shanna i was interested in this site because no one at my high school enjoys clay as much as i do, so i get made fun of for liking clay aiken at my high school , but those are the kinds of people who like to pick on others for who knows why, that's when i made a thought since i vist the site often why don't i be apart of the site  i feel that i can talk to the clayfriends about anything related to the subject about clay i love this site, cause it keeps me updated like concerts, spamalot, e.t.c. and whats ahead like the upcoming album for may 6th 2008
 claymaniacs rocks thanks library clay

jukebox tour 2005 / independent tour 2003
 I L O V E C L A Y A I K E N
Proud to be a Claymaniac
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #653 on: March 11, 2008, 05:09:17 PM »

Welcome Shanna  wave,
Enjoy the site--there are many, many nice & fun loving people here--ENJOY!!!

ANGELA

grandpagong
« Reply #654 on: May 09, 2008, 07:33:25 AM »

Hi there, after lurking around this place for ages (the past 4 years or so, on and off, haha) I finally decided to get myself a membership. :)

I'm 18 (am I one of the younger fans here?), still schooling, and from Singapore. I'd rather not leave my name :P Yes, I'm proud to say I was one of those whose jaw dropped when no. 5230 from Atlanta opened his mouth back in the AI2 days. :) And I've been a big fan ever since. Clay to me is the picture of an absolute gentleman, not something many people of my age can appreciate these days, which is real sad. Not to mention a brilliant singer!

Just to say that the fans over here have yet to get their hands on On My Way Here (and trust us, we're not too pleased...!) and the air is rather uncertain as to when it will actually be released. It's quite sad because it feels to me that his popularity in Singapore is slowly fizzling out as only his most loyal claymates continue to keep up with him through all the great clack sites around and well, YouTube has helped lots  ...but many of my friends remember the good ol' days when they rooted solidly for him to win on American Idol! (I tell you, having no power over the voting numbers is excruciating when you're halfway around the globe) So... what I'm saying is that if Clay's label puts more effort into his international releases, there's an army of potential fandom waiting to be revived on this little island :) (Btw, he's huge in Korea and Japan too. I swear it's got something to do with his ATDW hair, which is THE hair of choice with asian celebs currently. Ask around  Laughing)

Okay, hope to get to know the claymaniacs better over time. :) It's nice to know that there's still so many people who are continually touched by clay's voice, like I am every day. :) See ya!
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #655 on: May 09, 2008, 08:06:46 AM »

Hi grandpagong wave I think I saw your name on youtube as well since someone loaded the new songs from the album there..I just joined myself a few days ago and I'm pretty new to the Clay Nation thing bigsmile But its not like I never knew who he was and I did like his songs when I heard it on the radio but yet I'm am a newbie to all things Clay and its been nice to post on these boards the last few days..

You're right it would be great if his international fan could get a hold of his CD much faster as well..I'm surprised that hasn't happened yet..maybe its something the fans should point out!

Crossing fingers that you guys get the new CD soon!!

Sing badly if you must, but sing
Ashes
Claynewbie

I Love CLAY!

« Reply #656 on: May 12, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »

Hello Everyone!

Another big time lurker checking in :) I want to thank all of you for visiting my blog,  http://ashes-clay-theman.blogspot.com/ wave

I had no idea where my visitors were from until I added a new widget--Check out the FEEDJIT traffic map at the end of the blogspot page, you can see your spot on the map, and the last ten record of other visitors. Carolina Clay is using this, so of course I had to have it too. What's extra super about it is Google notes the blog hits and I was told this helps Clay. I'm so pleased to help out in any little way I can.

the ClayManiacs was showing a lot of hits, so came over and what did I see but my blog being recommended to visit.
Thank you..fhmmany2!  Yes!

Another  wave to ILClaymate, long time no see!

See you at the blogspot! A new blog has just been posted today.  Smile

franniek54
« Reply #657 on: May 12, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »

Ms. Ashes     How cool that you were here!  I visit your blog all the time!  I love your blends.

Thanks for sharing your talent.
ILClaymate
« Reply #658 on: May 12, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »

wave  Hey Ashes!  Nice to see you join us.  I know I've been bad at my blog visiting again.  Naughty

Welcome grandpagong too!
Petjen
Claymaniac

THEY WILL BE LOCKED

« Reply #659 on: May 18, 2008, 08:04:15 AM »

Hi everyone,

I fell in love with Clay the first time I heard him sing.   I've been a Clay fan since day one.  I absolutely love his voice. 

I'm 31, single,  with no kids.  I live in OH.  I've been to see Clay everytime he's been here.  Which I'm pretty sure has been 5 times. 

I don't call myself a "ClayMate" (from what I read, a lot of you don't either).  Just someone who really admires and loves Clay. 

Jennie

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx