gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 366
Total: 366

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 261171 times)
claydevotee
« on: February 21, 2004, 07:15:01 AM »

While we're waiting oh so patiently (not!) for the Independent Tour to begin, I think we could all use some pet therapy to calm our nerves and lower our pulse rates!.  So,  fellow Claymaniacs, it's time to get acquainted with the various and sundry pets that are the loves of our lives, whether they be dogs, cats, pigs, hamsters, iguanas, snakes, etc., etc.... Who knows? Maybe even Kelly and Clay would be willing to contribute their very own pet love stories as they endure the endless hours of "seeing America" on the Tour Bus.  (After all, how many choruses of "This Land is Your Land" and "The Wheels on the Bus" can you sing and how many games of Scrabble can you play?)  Ok, everybody, I'll go first.......

~~Theme from "Lassie" playing softly in the background~~  We have a 12-year old silver and black purebred miniature schnauzer named Chester (why, oh why, did we give in to my 81-year old mother's suggestion for that name?)  Miniature schnauzers have often been described as "good little watchdogs."  Yes, that he his, but a more accurate description of Chester is that he is THE  TERROR OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD!  Chester, all 20 pounds of him, considers himself to be the "top dog", and he feels he has to prove it on a daily basis.  Chester has attempted to take on the Great Pyrenees next door, the American Bulldog on the next street and even toys with the idea of letting the Bull Mastiff next door know who's the boss.  And we have the vet bills to prove it!  But he still is our sweetie, itty-bitty little baby boy!  Goo-goo!
~~Theme from "Lassie" fades out~~

NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!!  Can't wait to hear your stories. (and please feel free to add your own favorite pet story background music)...
claydevotee
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 07:20:20 AM »

Oh, one more thing about Chester....He was expelled from dog obedience school as a puppy after refusing to cooperate. The last straw for the trainer was when he decided to "express himself" to his fellow classmates by laying a giant poopsicle on the dog track!
Marshini258
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 10:10:47 AM »

Aww, i love this topic. super idea...

Tigger (aka, Tiggie Poo, Meow Meow, Poo Poo, Mr Meow, Meowser, Pooky)
Hes a one-of-a-kind cat. Hes a cream color with darker cream swirls on his fur. He also has blue eyes and the nicest little tail. Tigger is incredibly affectionate, he gives me hugs when hes in a really lovey mood. And he also talks to me, and has his moods and also really knows how to bug someone when he needs something

Fernando- (aka, Nando, Deg , Pooch) Hes a Beagle, my wonderful Beagle. Fernando also has an incredibly loud bark or more like "roooooooof" . Fernandos favorite food is bread and he likes carrots. He also like oatmeal, but that gives him diarrhea. I got him for Xmas a loooong time ago.  And hes n incredibly energetic dog, but has actually mellowed down...

And thats all i'm going to say about that..
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 10:49:58 AM »

great idea, since pet lovers are such wonderful people!!
We have a cute, very tiny 8 year old male cat named J.P.  At first people questioned the abbreviated letters... could it be justice of the peace? junior kitty? john paul?  no but he was named in memory of someone we never had the opportunity of meeting but loved and was our favorite radio personality on WJR in Detroit.  I hope some of you from Michigan will remember J.P. McCarthy. Our J.P. was born around the time J.P. McCarthy passed away, we named him in his memory.  He is so full of life, and provides such joy and laughter to our lives, a brown mackeral tabby with perfect markings.
On a sad note, on December 20th 2003 I had to put the most wonderful cat in the world to sleep.  His name was Barney, 11 years old also a brown mackeral tabby but with an abysinnian cross breed. He was my "abby tabby" his tummy color reminded me of butterscotch ripple ice cream.  He was a gentle giant, I miss him so very much, he had my heart.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 11:17:15 AM »

She is a 7 y.o. female cat and she lets us live in this house with her.  We got her through the Humane Society.  She had been abandoned and was about 1 year old.    My husband, who is truly cat-crazy, named her Pumpkin.   No, she isn't orange and no, she wasn't born around Halloween.  He (the husband) tends to do things based on absolutely no rhyme or reason!

She is very verbal.   Actually she is very mouthy, but verbal sounds better.   If she passes you on her way to eat or to the litter box or wherever, she turns towards you and talks and talks - just to let you know that she is temporarily leaving the room.  

She isn't particularly beautiful nor particularly intelligent, but she loves us unconditionally  -  and that is good enough for us !

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 11:31:35 AM »

Thanks so much for these pet stories...I'm loving this!   Can you feel the love?  Is your blood pressure going down and your heart rate getting slower?  Hope this is helping to keep our OCD in perspective. Sigh, 30 more days till you-know-what.   Oops....BP is going up, heart is racing.....thud-thud thud, thud thud.............!

Time for more pet stories.  Bring 'em on!
patti
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 01:12:42 PM »

I have a cat ( Mollie--aka Mamagirl-- aka--Mama--aka Stinky Cat ;  I found her on my son's birthday- she was just a kitten mewing her head off, so I took her in had her checked by a vet the rest is history.   I was never a cat person- in fact I was afraid of them ( mmm remind you of anyone?) for a long time.   I also have half custody of my sister's dog (we live in the same house- she's upstairs)-  her name is Maggie-- aka Magpie-- aka Margaret.    Maggie is white with light brown spots- a beagel mix & she's really intelligent & loving.

Wow this is working- I almost forgot that on March 7th I will actually be in the same building as Clay & Kelly-   :D  :D  :D
Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 01:21:32 PM »

Ok Here is Terry's Zoo.  I might just blow up the computer..

Australian Shepherds.. Dallas (8 1/2), Cheyenne (6), Rick (5), Janie (5), Xena (1yr and 4 months).

First Obedience Dog, Max  Lab/Dalmation Mix

Birds.  Tyler the Parakeet, Ringo Blue Crown Conure, and Cleo Yellow Nape Amazon.

And 3 fish who don't have names.  

Yes they let us live with them.. My Mom once said "You live in a Kennel"  and I answered. "Yes and your point??

I started in Australian Shepherds, because we had a wonderful Dog who was my second child.  Her name was Kisha.  She started it all she was a Australian Shepherd/Blue Heeler Mix.  She had blue eyes and is still the smartest Dog I have ever known.  She crossed the Rainbow Bridge 7 years ago and I have still not gotten over it.  

Thanks Claydevotee for starting this wonderful Thread.  

We had a Dog Show today and we took a Reserve.. We will be going again Tomarrow.. Another day, Hope it will go better.

Love, Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007
Mad4Aiken
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 01:30:26 PM »

Alright, time for the animal members of Madison's household:
The only pet that I have is a hamster!
Our hamster's name is Gumball, and he's half and half; his neck and face are black, and his tummy and bottom are white, and he has little black spots along his back. We just got him this past week.
We have had our share of hamsters, all within the past 6 months. We've had 4 so far.
We can't have anything else though. There are LOTS of allergies in my house! Laughing:
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 02:27:14 PM »

HEY THEA great idea for a thread.

Well, somewhere amidst all the hundreds of pages of the BLPT I talked about my dog, but I'm not going thru them all to try to find it. So here goes:

I've had a dog my entire life - age 7 til now :oops: . Since marriage my hubby and I have had 3 dogs, all which lived to rich old ages. Our present dog is a pure bred Carin Terrier. Why is the pure bred description important? Well, because we got him at the Humane Shelter - just a reminder that you can find really great dogs there. So support your local Shelter! About 12 years ago we had to put our loved dog to sleep. I was sad and lonely. My daughter & I decided to walk thru the Animal Shelter just because . . . . .  There laying with his little black nose touching the cage & big sad eyes gazing at me was MAC. (We called him MAC after we found out he was Scottish. It's a shortened version of McDougal).  Laughing:

The gals at the shelter called him TOTO for the dog in the Wizard of Oz. I fell in love instantly and took him home that day. The next day I took him to my vet, he checked him over and declared that he was a pure blooded Cairn Terrier 2-3 years old. The vet told me Cairn puppies run from $400 - $500. Now why would someone spend that much money for a pure blooded Cairn & then take it to a shelter? So I called the shelter to get more information. We found out he was a run-away. They'd had him for the required time and needed to adopt him out. It took us about 6 months to trace him back to his original home which was a northern Milwaukee suburb (a 2 hour drive from my house).  shock: By that time, the family had gotten another dog and didn't want him anymore. That was great because I don't know if we could have given him back.  

MAC is a character. My niece says he's a rug with legs. I've done some study on Cairns and have discovered their personalities are usually very energetic and unpredictable. They are little dogs with a BIG attitude!  MAC, however, is about a laid back and relaxed as they come. Whenever the grandkids are here and pester him, he just rolls his eyes and suffers thru it. He's loveable and cuddlely and just about the cutest thing in this century. We think he's about 15 by now, but not sure. His latest check-up showed his heart, liver and kidneys are in the condition of a puppy still. I think that's the result of all the love he gets from me! So hopefully we'll have a couple more wonderful years of MAC.
Claytime
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 02:35:26 PM »

I have 2 cats.  Allie is 7 1/2 years old.  I picked him out of a litter of barn kittens. They were all mean, would hiss and skitter off to hide except for this one orange kittten who just sat there and stared up at me with beautiful green eyes.  He was the most beautiful, well mannered of the bunch and I knew that he was the one I wanted.  He's alot like Wisconsinmaniac's cat.  He is very verbal and always announces when he is going to eat or to use the litter box.  He's been my little boy for 7 years, always cuddles with me & ignores my husband.
Bailey is 3 years old.  I adopted her from the Humane Society when she was eight weeks old.  She has a beautiful long, shiny black coat.  She was born with a birth defect and is missing her right eye.  She has limited vision in her left eye.  There was a litter of newborn kittens there and a long list of people wanting to adopt them.  But nobody wanted this sweet, playful, imperfect  kitten, so I decided to take her home.  Allie was extremely jealous at first and would fight with her.  It took a few months for him to warm up to her and accept her as part of the family.  Now they play together.  Bailey is definitely my husband's little girl.  When she is cuddling with him, I don't exist.  She has her routines, husband is getting ready for bed, she will wait outside the bathroom door until he gets into bed & then jump up to cuddle with him.  Sometimes I have to kick her off the bed because she likes to lay on my pillow.  Both of my cats are very  sweet & playful.  I love them both & hope to have them for many more years to come
Galadriel
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 02:53:25 PM »

I plan to return later and finish reading all of your wonderful posts. (Great topic!) I just have a moment to share a few pet stories of our own.  We have 7 cats. One is named Simon. I swear with God as my witness, he howls when I sing!  He is our sleepin' cat.  At bedtime, he comes in to the bedroom so that he can sleep on top of my husband.  A little later he will sleep on the top half of my pillow.  He is very spoiled.  Last night he followed my husband all over the house. He craves attention and petting.  He is very playful even at nine years of age.  We also have a white dog who sleeps in our room as well. A year or so ago, there was a "Garfield" cartoon that we cut out because it is so US! Jon, wakes up from a sound sleep to realize that Garfield (who looks like Simon) is sleeping at his head and the dog is at his feet. He then drifts peacefully off to sleep because all is well in his world. It is just like our house.  :D
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 03:06:55 PM »

:D Wonderful thread topic, Thea.  

I have 2 beautiful cats: a dear little boy cat (black) named Nicoli (9), and a beautiful little girl cat (tabby) named Feebie (5).  Since I haven't been blessed with children yet, they are my "only" babies.  And, they act like babies, for sure. Feebie is very attatched to my husband, her "crinkle" ball toys, and her favourite wooly blanket.  She follows my husband around so much that I refer to her as "the other woman".  Nicoli (or Nic for short), is quite attatched to me, people food (he tries!), cat nip toys, and furry blankets.  Nic and Feebs are shy kitties when it comes to strangers, but they are never far from my husband and I when we are home - Feebs usually sits with hubby, and Nic reclines wherever I am in plain sight of him.  Nic is a very passive kitty, whereas Feebie is rather "pushy".  She hates dogs - she would likely try to eat Raleigh (Clay's pup).

I grew up in a family where dogs were the traditional family pet.  I still love dogs, and all animals, in general.  I take after my mom - we call her Doctor Doolittle (she loves animals so much).  I really knew nothing about kitties until I found Nic under the Xmas tree one year - Feebie joined us 4 years later.  They are two of the best gifts I ever recieved, and my love for them is very special.  They add great joy to the lives of my husband and myself - we are truly blessed to have them.  :D

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2004, 03:22:01 PM »

I have two cats.  A female short-haired tabby named Precious and a male long-haired cat named Pepper.  Precious is chubby, with dark grey and black stripes. She is about 3 years old.  She is sweet, calm and "mommy's cat".  She follows me around everywhere and is very affectionate towards me. Pepper is the dark gray (hence the name) and I believe he has feline ADHD. He runs around my house nonstop and constantly wakes me up at night. If I let my feet out at the end of my blankets, he will nibble on my toes. My husband likes him and that is why he is still around  Wink:  Both cats were adopted from the Humane Society.

We also have a retired greyhound named Patti. She was a champion racer until she was retired. Now she is a couch potato - I cant blame her.
Claytime
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2004, 03:27:04 PM »

MS. HIP SHAKE WROTE:
Since I haven't been blessed with children yet, they are my "only"  babies. And, they act like babies, for sure.  Feebie is very attatched to my husband, her "crinkle"  ball toys, and her favourite wooly blanket. She follows my husband around so much that I refer to her as "the other woman".

WOW, We both have two cats with the same characteristics! Laughing:  I don't have any children, but my cats sure do act like babies!  Bailey follows my husband around so much that I've referred to her as "the other woman" also!  Laughing:  8)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2004, 04:48:12 PM »

This is Moonshot Slayton (sitting) and Sir Rusty Booster (lying down) and are a little less than a year old in this photo. They are toy poodles and were born in July 2002. I am a space nerd so that is where they got their names.

Moonshot Slayton - I was originally going to call him just Slayton but then a friend suggested Moonshot and I loved it. I wanted to keep the Slayton though so it's his middle name. The name Slayton comes from Deke Slayton, one of the original Mercury astronauts who due to a heart with an odd beat didn't get to fly during that time. The other astronauts respected him and didn't want someone who didn't understand them to be in charge of them so they recommended Deke for the job. He took it. He did get to fly almost 15 years later in a great venture between the US and Russia - Apollo/Soyuz in 1975. So that is who Moonshot is named after. Moonshot is very intelligent, loyal, loving, and for the most part behaves (I've had to take him to the vet after I came home and he had black ink all around his mouth but we couldn't find the pen and then again just a week ago I had to take him because he ate 9 pieces of chocolate out of the box my mom left out and I was scared it was going to kill him).

Sir Rusty Booster - We call him Booster or Booster Boo. His name has the initials of SRB which also stands for Solid Rocket Booster on the Space Shuttle. Booster is intelligent, indifferent, sassy, and hardly ever behaves. The two are brothers but very different. Booster has started having seizures...some are very mild and some are very bad. He doesn't have them very often but we are watching him and have alerted his vet.

They came into my life at a difficult time. The Camp I had worked at for 8.5 years closed permanently. It was a very sad time for me. Then these two showed up the week of the closing. I brought them home from a breeder recommended by the vet of our beloved PJ. (PJ was a toy poodle that we had from the age of 6 weeks until at 15 years old he had congestive heart failure and we had to put him to sleep - this was New Years weekend 98/99). These two bring just joy into my life with the unconditional love they give and the things they do. They love to run in our fenced in backyard. They chase squirrels and lizards, play hide & seek with one another, and run the fence with the black lab next door and the 2 little dogs behind us.  Moonshot uses his little brother Booster to get things he wants. He'll send Booster out to prop his little paws on my leg while I'm sitting at the computer and give me 'the look'. There are two looks, one is "please give me a treat" and the other is "please open the door". If I don't do something right away he starts making little sounds and flattens himself on the floor and alternates looking at the treat box and looking up at me. Yes, they most always get a treat

The two of them also work together to get something they want that you are eating and holding in your hand. One will distract you by pretending to want what you have and getting in your lap and giving kisses and such and while you are holding your hand up and behind to prevent that one from getting what you have, the other one has slipped up behing you on the couch and grabs what you have in your hand. They have done this quite a few times but we are on to them now.  :)

As a child we had cats growing up. I like kittens but I'm not all that fond of cats. I'm a dog person. In elementary school we lived out in the country on an acre with a canal (and alligators and snakes and such) and we had a lab/golden retriever mix named Sparky. She was beautiful and I loved her. She loved to run. When my parents divorced, my mother and I were moving to Ohio and Dad to an apartment. Neither could take Sparky. So they made sure that whoever wanted the house would take Sparky as well so she could continue to be able to run on all that land. I really missed her and still do though I'm sure she has long since gone on.

And that's my pet story.  :)

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2004, 04:53:00 PM »

Hey people. Hmm I have a dog, a fish and don't ask my why, but the other day my brother brought home a pet rock?  :?   Laughing:  My brothers rock is named bob. I won't get into that. I have a red fish, my mom named him clot cause well,....yeah LOL!  Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing: And my dog, Otto (means speed) He's SUCH a cutie!

I remember when someone form outta town met us at Arbi's with a tub of pups. LOL He's brown and white and some black. He's very smart he can sit, shake, lay, speak, turn, rollover, fetch, and believe it or not, play dead. LOL He jump SO high, while we were outside last summer he jumped up on the kitchen counter and ate the mashed 'taters. LOL! I was laughing but obviously my mom wasn't!

I'll try to get some pics of him up in here, let me see if I can get it to work. I'll put two or three. Here goes... :D  :D  HOPE IT WORKS! Ill post em later g2g

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
claydevotee
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2004, 06:03:53 PM »

We Claymaniacs are such loving, nurturing people with such loving hearts.  I'm thankful to the Almighty for sending us a gift like Clay to help us to see we are in this crazy, mixed up world together!  "No man (or woman) is an island".  Keep these beautiful posts coming!
dreaminofclay16
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2004, 06:08:25 PM »

Since I'm an only child, I consider my two cats to be like my brothers. Their names are Oscar (name was given already when we got him) and Cheerio (my dad was eating a bowl of cheerios one day and the cat wanted some, so my dad laid one on the floor and he ate it, hence the name.) They are two of the most adorable and smart cats I've ever seen!  :D  Cheerio is black with a white stomach and some white on his face and legs. The most distinctive mark on him is a black dot on his back left leg. But, I really can't describe Oscar to you (you would have to see him) but he is beautiful but just hard to describe. I wish I had a scanner so I could scan a pic of both of them to show you guys but I don't.
claydevotee
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2004, 06:31:43 PM »

http://alumni.imsa.edu/~mcferrin/images/chester_angry.jpg

This is Chester the miniature schnauzer, a.k.a. THE NEIGHBORHOOD TERROR![/img]
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx