gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:36:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262366 times)
claymore
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2004, 08:48:28 PM »

i love your pet stories, i'm glad you have fun with them.
my story is sad.
kodiak or kody was our pet chihuahua. he was everything we love about pets and he was my second son for 4 years, before we had trey. he loved to roam around our subdivision before bedtime. he's been doing this for 11 years. one night he didn't come home. we looked for him the whole night, the following days and weeks. we put up signs everywhere. we've been devastated. we were grieving for many months. we feel like we didn't only lost a pet but a friend, a son and my children a brother.     april 28 will be a year since we lost him but we still miss him very much.
we don't feel like having another pet for now. kody is still very fresh in our minds and hearts,
claydevotee
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2004, 09:18:25 PM »

claymore--I hope you know that we petlovers truly understand the loss you must be feeling. How sad that you haven't been able to get any closure on this situation.  Someday you'll find it in your hearts to open your home to a new little creature, be it canine, feline or reptilian!  Take care.
krysascwt
SuperFan

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2004, 11:31:19 PM »

CLAYMORE:  It's terrible when you lose a pet especially the way to do.  Not knowing what happened to them is the absolutely the worse.  God always looks after small children and pets so just believe that Kody is being looked after by God whether that means he has gone to be with him or is residing in someone else's home.  Just know that all of us that have pets share your pain.  For me losing a pet is exactly like losing a child.  I bred Wire Haired Fox Terriers for many years and had to make some pretty tough decisions.  I have a friend who breds St. Bernards and she too has had some monumental decisions that were life and death decisions to make.  We are all drawn closer together by our pets.  They make a thread that becomes a rope that binds us together.  Remember that you are not alone in this.

"Clay Aiken's Voice sates my Soul!"
Happiness is not a Destination.  It is a Method of Life.
"Love Always 4 Clay is the Root that Binds Us."
claymore
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2004, 11:37:15 AM »

claydevotee,
 you are so true we have no closure. we, the kids especially sometimes fantasize (spelling?) he'll knock or scratch our door someday.

krysascwt,
you are so right, not knowing what happened to him is the one thing that hurt the most. we like to believe he is in a loving home. and we don't think about the other possibilities because there is really nothing we can do now.

we do have fun memories with him, we have pictures and videos.
thank you all so much for your concern.
nursingme
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2004, 06:03:11 PM »

Hey! I have alot of pets ,so I'll try to be brief.
 Miss Morgan is a Cremecolored lab 13 yrs old-- Danny is a3mo. old mixed breed little dog.( You need to know that all my animals have just taken up at my house)
My Cats...Muffie 5yrs old/ her son is Rudy
               Gray Kitty .. BG,Patches,Raliegh,and Smitzy are her family.
                Jackie Chan
                Rusty
                Sissy
                 LC
                 Molly
 I know all of you think I must be crazy,but I just can't be cruel and put them out with out a home.  They all have special personalities and are really great pets.
Catlady
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2004, 12:46:05 AM »

How fun is this!! I love reading all your wonderful,and sad stories. I have also lost pets either by having to put them down or running away. They leave a void when they're gone. The happy part is they also bring joy and happiness. Me being "Catlady" I have 6 cats. Maggie, Truffles, Tiffany, cozmo, Pumpkin, and Gravy. They are quite an assortmant of personalities. I also have a Japanese Spitz who thinks he's a cat. They are all very special and hold a huge place in my heart. I just want to say hello to Galadriel. I thought I had a lot of cats but you beat me with 7. This was a great idea, thanks for adding the thread.  I'm looking forward to reading more. I'll write more stories about my animals later. It's onr in the morning and I always check with you guys before I go to sleep. I just had to write something on this thread. Good night Claymaniacs :D  :D
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2004, 09:36:02 PM »

I've been so busy lately, but I had to stop in and tell you about Sweet Boy, Sally and Miss Kitty.  Original names, no?   Wink:

I call them The Mod Squad...one black, one white, one gray.

Miss Kitty is the stealth cat.  I don't think anyone has ever seen her except for Mr. P and myself.  Sally is the black one and when she 'meows' she sounds like she's talking to you.  Sweet Boy is solid white, and yes, he is a sweet boy.  They were adopted as feral cats and now they are our pets although still crazy wild acting some of the time.  

We used to have Nipper.  She was a catahoula leopard dog.  They are the state dog of Louisiana.  We always swore she understood nearly everything we said, and she thought she was one of the cats.  An 80 lb cat... We lost her in September of last year to cancer and still miss her very much.
TakenByClay
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

I have 2 cats named Caesar and Neko, 2 parakeets named PJ and Chewie. and 6 fish who are named Nemo, Dory, Marlin, Bruce, Darla, and Nigel! lol! All my fish are named after Finding Nemo characters!! I wanted to get a dog and i wanted to name it Raleigh, but my parents said no... :(
claydevotee
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2004, 08:30:04 PM »

Hi Taken By Clay!

Thanks for telling us about your "menagerie" (possibly you'll need to look that up in the dictionary!).  And I hope you always have better luck with your fish than I have had!
krysascwt
SuperFan

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2004, 07:42:12 AM »

MAX:  Clay's Adorable Little Canine Friend is a Purebred Border Terrier.  As the picture shows this breed is an armful of love.  The breed originated in the Border Country between Scotland and England.  It's may purpose in life was to rid the homestead of vermin.  It was deveoped to run with the hounds but be game enough to finish off the prey when it was cornered.  "The hallmark of the breed is the head and expression that bears a strong resemblemce to an otter." (Taken from Dogs Annual Magazine")  The average weight is 11 - 15 lbs.  The breed has been gaining in popularity over the last few years.  In fact at the Westminster Dog Show just past, a Border Terrier placed 3rd in the Terrier Group.  This is a very presitigous Dog Show in North America as many of you probably already know.

A Border Terrier is good-tempered, affectionate, obedient and easily-trained although they can get a bug in their bonnet like many of the terriers and strike off on their own agendas.  These are very busy little dogs.  They play hard and sleep hard.  They are determined and alert.

Hope I haven't overpowered you with all the facts.  I tend to run off when talking about one of my loves the Terriers. Raleigh's owner is my next love and not necessary in a first and second order.   I have loved, owned and groomed Terriers for over 25 years.

claydevotee
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2004, 11:03:21 AM »

KRYS, I too am a lover of all terriors, ill-tempered or extremely well-behaved.  Will consult you for advice when we start looking for another dog (Our schnauzer Chester is getting very old and feeble, I am so sad to say).
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2004, 01:04:10 PM »

Sorry to hear about your loss.  I lost my cat Sasha (Himalayan) 5 years ago it took me a long time but I still miss her. She was like a dog I never had a cat that listened like her, she was so smart, we took her everywhere with us.She died from Kidney faliure at 10, I was heart broken. Now I have 2 Himalayan cats Chloe and Kayla they are great they are very entertaining.  Chloe is the smart one she goes around opening my closets and the Slider to my deck, I have to lock it or she gets out.  Funny story we have a new Clay fan Chloe, my cd/reader/writer hasn't worked for months my brother -in-law finally helped me put a new one in, so I started burning cds like crazy, I downloaded CLays demo's and started playing them on my computer, while as soon as I started playing Look what love has done, my Chloe came flying in on the desk and starting rubbing the speakers and just layed down next to the speaker listening to the music, I tried other cds she only likes Clay, my husband couldn;t believe it either it's the cutiest thing, she  just loves his singing her favorite is Look what love has Done. We have our first 4 legged Clay memember. I know Clay's not fond of cats but don't tell her that. She doesn't think she is cat anyway.

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
krysascwt
SuperFan

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2004, 02:08:35 PM »

I saw a T-shirt once that said:  "Dogs think their People, Cats think their God.

My cats, Raven, Princess Zena & Simeon have found many little subtle ways to get my attention when I'm intensely engrossed in all things CLAY.

~walking across the keyboard, banging cupboard doors, tearing through the apartment, clawing non-claw appropriate furniture, climbing on the back of my computer chair, etc~

These animals are nuisances but VERY LOVEABLE ONES.

MisCindysu
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2004, 03:59:57 PM »

Ok Well i will start with my cats first...I have a very large fat headed cat his name is "D" Kitty...aka(D whitters a boo boo,whit...fat head and on some ocassions stupid cat...for reasons ..that he would try to play keep away from a pit bull and end up on an electrical post for over 36 hours This has happened on more than one ocassion!.)...I have had him for 4 years got him when he was a kitten.....I now have 2 more kittens Samuri aka(Sammy)..and Miss Fluffy aka(Missy)..And my Chuhuahua her name is Dottie..AKA...Baby girl..dot..and now momma)...She just gave birth Yesterday  to 4 puppies 2 boys and 2 girls ..but unfortuanly one of the girls did not make it ..so we have three puppies .in very good heatlh....for now they are named Hendrix.he's pure white...One of my friends daughters Jessica named him she will be taking him home in 8 weeks....then we have screech..cause he came out noisey....and then there's belle...did'nt know what else to call her ...so there are my pets...now I do have to sons ...but I guess they dont  count as pets..LOL....Just kidding!!!!!
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2004, 10:04:51 AM »

I know this took me 4-ever but heres a picture of Otto, my baby pup!  :D

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
Tami J
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2004, 02:43:46 PM »

This is a fun thread!  
My menagerie (sp??) consists of two dogs, two cats, and one great big beautiful black girl, Angie, who forever lives in our hearts and our home after being put down because of a brain tumor 1.5 yrs. ago :( .  Angie was the most beautifully gentle Great Dane I had ever laid eyes on.

Currently we have a German Wirehaired Pointer named "Tucker", who runs circles around our huge black walnut tree pretending to be chasing birds.  He's a beautiful big boy.  A Rat Terrier/Poodle mix named "Karli" who can't decide if she wants to be a terrifying protector or a cuddly lap dog.  "Oliver" is our big ol' male cat, who of course, was an orphaned kitten who my husband almost hit with the shovel while chopping out some ivy.  And then there is our little kitten girl, "Lucy" who got her name because she reminds us of Lucy (I Love Lucy).  She's a little nutty, and whines alot when she doesn't get her way.

Them's my four legged kids.
Tami
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2004, 03:46:25 PM »

Quote from: aikenismyidol

Adorable! Thanks for sharing the photo with us.  :)

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2004, 06:51:34 AM »

Quote from: Moonshot
Quote from: aikenismyidol

Adorable! Thanks for sharing the photo with us.  :)

THANKS FOR MAKING THE LINKS FOR ME!!!! MUCH LOVE

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2004, 07:12:51 AM »

Here's my puppy, "Mackenzie's Buddy," better known as Buddy.  Wink:  He's not really a puppy I guess...let's see...he'll be 8 this August. He's the most amazing dog in the world!

I gave him a haircut in those pictures so, he doesn't look like your typical Westie. He needs to be brushed though.  Laughing: Buddy loves to run and play outside so, the long haired look doesn't work for him. He just gets so dirty.

hehe Close up! Buddy is the sweetest thing. He loves to cuddle, and be rubbed. He loves having a bath, and loves leftovers. I can't imagine having a dog that would be more perfect for our family b/c Buddy is so easy going. Sometimes though, he likes to pretend he's a BIG dog, to scare off the mailman and stuff. He has a pretty mean bark. I miss him terribly when I'm at school b/c he's 3.5 hours away.  Cry!:  It's all good though b/c he's such a doll!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2004, 07:24:26 AM »

HES SO CUTE!!  :D  :D  :D

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

gfx