gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:10:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 458
Total: 458

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 261226 times)
Jexter
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2004, 06:54:24 PM »

My husband calls me Dr. Doolittle. We have 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a hamster. The latter is lucky to be around given the former (not to mention the fact that my daughter's interest in the hamster lasted about 3.25 hours after bringing it home...guess who tends to the hamster now...)

Cats are Henry and Ella. We got Hank from the Humane Society. My kids refer to him as a ghetto cat because he is street smart. Going on 13 and is still alive despite being an outdoor cat with plenty of car traffic in our neighborhood. He would never tolerate living indoors. We got Ella from a shelter. Since we got Ella as a baby, we've made her an indoor cat...it is too dangerous for her outside. Ella is sooooo smart. She follows commands and comes when you call her. Unlike every other cat we've ever had, she actually does the things a cat is supposed to do - she uses her scratching post, climbs on the cat house, plays with catnip toys, cuddles, and purrs.

This is in great contrast to Henry who simply takes in oxygen and occupies space. He never plays, and only moves when he needs food or wants to go outside. The only time he cuddles is when it's late at night and he thinks we're asleep. He climbs in bed with us, purrs like a jet plane, and thinks we don't notice. He's a typical male....too "tough" to show emotion.

We had bad experience adopting a dog from the pound - he died exactly one week after we got him. Died of parvo, a disease the pound SHOULD have known about. It was heart-wrenching. We got our next two dogs from private families.

The first is Dexter, a border collie. Dexter is a typical border collie - smart, smart, and smart. Spazzy, spazzy, and more spazzy. I love him to death though. He has sooo much personality. Our other dog is Jewel. She is a samoyed and would be very pretty if I maintained her better. Right now she just looks like a cotton ball that has been tugged on. Jewel is the NICEST dog in the world...not a mischievous bone in her severly overweight body. She loves to sing....the kids play the piano and she'll come from whereever she is to sit near them and sing while they play. It's so funny because she sounds like she is in great pain. If it weren't for the fact that she seeks out the music, I'd swear she was dying. we are desperately trying to lower her weight, though, or else she will die. She loves to eat....it's her only downfall.

There are just a handful of things in life that I absolutely love - first are kids in general and next are animals. My own kids always tell me that when they graduate high school and go off to college, I'm going to turn into "the crazy cat lady". I won't know what to do without my kids so I'll go about collecting stray cats. My husband will leave me because I have too many cats, and I'll be reduced to a Mrs. Havisham type character only worse - all alone dressed in my wedding gown...staring at old photoalbums and crying. No furniture....just cats.

They are probably right - but it'll be both cats and dogs!

P.S. to Claydevotee....I had a schnauzer when I was a kid. His name was Linus, which is, I'd say, along the same lines as Chester!
claysgirl
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2004, 06:55:15 PM »

I have two cats. One is called Murky and is just a little thing she's 7lbs and very tiny. I got her when she was eight weeks old and she was the runt of the litter. She was only a couple of ounces when i took her home. She learned early not to sleep right beside mommy as I rolled on her and got woken up to little mewwing sounds. She is very skittish with other people but she is an angel. Midnight I got when he was 6 months old he was already bigger than Murky. He now weighs in at 20 pounds of solid muscle. He is very playful and keeps Murky young as she is 11 years old. Murky is small but is the boss of the house. Don't mess with her or she'll let you have it. Midnight is very loveable and likes everyone.
songbird457
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2004, 07:30:20 PM »

Ok my turn, my turn.

The only pet I own (I still live at home and my parents dislike cats  :( and refuse to get a dog  Cry!: ) is our parakeet, Jo. He is a beautiful greenish/ aqua/ yellow color (and he is the MOST beautiful bird in the whole wide world  - he will tell you himself (more on that later)). He is 6 years old and my mom actually got him when I was still away at school. We got him around Valentine's day and figured he was about 6 weeks old, so we celebrate his birthday at Christmas. WE say that he shares his birthday w/ Jesus. (awww) he thinks the Christmas tree is his tree and is so sad when we take it down after the New Year.
His full name is Sir Joseph Bird Churchill, but we call him Jo Bird for short. I also call him Joseph, Jo Jo, Joey bird, or just Jo. Or if he misbehaves, we only call him Joseph bird in a stern voice.  
So are you curious about him talking? Of course you are!! yes, my mom has worked very hard to get him to talk. None of our other birds ever talked so my mom started saying simple things to him and day after day she just worked with him. Well now he picks up everything around him. He thinks we are all birds - and I am Renee Bird. Always and forever in his eyes. I am just glad though that we don't have HBO or Showtime because who knows what he might pick up and say!  shock:
Jo loves music. He loves when I play piano for him and loves the radio (and of course Renee bird has trained him to love Clay). He is the most special bird and we all love him very much. EVen though he can't play fetch or save any of us from a burning building - all creatures great and small - are the best of friends.
cjrmax
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2004, 08:36:48 PM »

What a a great subject for a thread!!!  I had to post about the love of my life, my dog Max (hence the "max" part of my screen name!).  He is a 14-1/2 old long haired beagle.  Never heard of a long hair beagle?  Well, that's because Max is one of a kind.  I call him Maximillian One-in-a-Million!  I wish I knew how to post pictures because he really is the cutest thing, if I do say so myself!  He basically looks like a slightly shorter than usual beagle with long thick hair and the biggest eyes, lined heavily with black eyeliner.  And like all true beagle types, he is VERY food driven!

Max had a rough start to his life.  His first owners literally left him on their back porch and moved out.  Luckily neighbors noticed this puppy was out all the time so after a couple of day they went over and investigated and found the house empty.  They took the puppy but their landloard wouldn't let them have a dog, so they gave him to friends - 4 college seniors who after about a month realized they were in no position to have a puppy.  I worked with one of their mothers and she knew that 6 months before my beloved German Shepherd had died so she asked if I might be interested in this puppy.  I was heistant but I made the "mistake" of laying eyes on him.  It was love at first sight!  But Max was a timid, scared little puppy. He was at ease with other dogs, but ran away and hid from people.  Noises scared him.  On walks he would practically run just to get it over with and shook like a leaf when a truck or bus passed.  Then I moved out to the country and started taking him to Doggie Daycare at my parents when I was at work and Max just blossomed!  He became a party animal when my neighbor started inviting him to parties. He started to love walks. He is no longer afraid of people.  He even sometimes comes to work with me and instead of shying away from people, he greets them.

He's slower these days, a bit arthritic and a bit hard of hearing.  He had major back surgery 4 years ago and has a constant battle with bladder stones that have him on a special and strict diet.  In order for him to still have treats, I slice and bake his canned food for him!  He loves it!  But despite all that, Max is doing great!  He still loves his walks, although he's a lot slower these days.  He is still a pig.  He still barks that beagle bark.  He's a very happy dog who is adored by me and his grandparents and his cousin Rags (my parents' dog - a Border Collie mix).

On Tuesday, February 24th, we will be celebrating his 14th anniversary.  Since I don't know his actual birthday, I celebrate the day he came into my life because I firmly believe that was the day he really started to live!

I have had dogs all my life from the day I was born. To me they are truly the best people!  :D
claydevotee
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2004, 08:54:03 PM »

He is the most special bird and we all love him very much. EVen though he can't play fetch or save any of us from a burning building - all creatures great and small - are the best of friends.

Songbird, that was beautiful.  Thank you so much.  BTW, I lived at home with my folks (except for 4 years of college) until I was 27.  I treasure those years I was able to spend with them as an adult.

cjrmax, I understand how painful it is to watch your dog grow old and arthritic.  I have a feeling that when dogs pass on, they go to a beautiful hilly, grassy playground where they can run and play freely without any pain----and maybe someday he will thank you for all that you did for him to make his last years as comfortable as possible.  Who knows?
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2004, 02:33:27 AM »

What fun--We have a 4 year old yellow lab mutt named Blondie.  The mellowest, smartest dog I've ever met.  Also, after a neighbor died, we adopted his wild cat-- Rocky who's a silver/gray stripes with white underneath.  Absolutely beautiful.  Finally tamed him enough to get him to the Vet.  Now he hangs out with us and he and Blondie are best buds!  Since he's an outdoor cat, he's always bringing trophies to our doorstep!

Both are great therapy for the whole family.

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2004, 05:17:57 AM »

We have a dog, a cat, and a 55 gallon aquarium of fish--and this is the fewest pets we have ever had here!!!  Our oldest daughter has one of our dogs now (a Corgi mix that used to be a dog and is now a "baby") and our oldest son has 2 of our cats (brother and sister who rule his house). One of our cats died last summer--he was white with orange spots and spoke perfect "English".  He was 16 years old and very attached to my husband. Now we have a black/light grey/dark grey/white long haired striped cat named  "Misty".  She loves our youngest son to no end. I have never seen a cat "adore" anyone quite like she does!!  We have a Shetland Sheepdog named "Mickey".  His real name is MacTavish, but that name lasted only until the ink dried, and he has been called by his nickname ever since. He loves people, especially kids, and really dislikes other dogs.  He is fond of our daughter's dog, though. Shelties have a tendency to be "quite mouthy", but he isn't.  He is mellow and smart.  He can play ball and frisbee and do the usual doggy tricks. He is my husband's shadow!!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
max
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2004, 11:06:26 AM »

I Ladies and Gents i have a Cavalier king charles Spaniel called Benji! He will be 11 in May. He is my little boy really. A real comfort for all of us in times of sadness.

We had snow the other day [england] and he was like a little boy when hubby walked in the door...almost like he was saying "Daddy daddy it's snowing!" Running around like a little child and he very rarely does that these days! I will enjoy reading your Animal stories :o  You are lucky bunnies you know..i don't think Clay will be coming to England just yet!  :(  I will have to live through you!! Much Love Maxine In England...proud to be a Claymaniac :D  xxxxxxxx
claydevotee
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2004, 12:16:16 PM »

I will have to live through you!! Much Love Maxine In England...proud to be a Claymaniac  xxxxxxxx

Don't worry, Max....Claymaniacs are NOT CAPABLE of holding back any details.  You'll be SWIMMING in concert reviews, pictures, etc. before The Independent Tour is over!
max
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2004, 03:03:51 PM »

Thankyou Clay devotee.....The tables have turned and now i have some idea of how Ralph Fiennes American fans must feel :)

Has Clay got any pets does anybody know? Love MAxxxxxxx
claydevotee
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2004, 03:22:29 PM »

Has Clay got any pets does anybody know? Love MAxxxxxxx

MAX-----Oh, does Clay EVER have a pet.  He is a little terrior named RALEIGH who will be accompanying Clay and Kelly on the tour.

Is there anybody out there who could give Max some further details on our favorite dog RALEIGH?????
max
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2004, 03:34:02 PM »

Thankyou for that info. i look forward to finding out more about Clay and Raleigh.  How sweet that he will go with Clay and Kelly.  when is the first date of the tour for you ladies?
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2004, 04:16:12 PM »

Max -

Here is a photo of Clay and Raleigh. There is a thread called Just Raleigh in the Photo Album section, you can access it here.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
krysascwt
SuperFan

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2004, 11:19:26 PM »

These three felines, two girls and a boy, were the main Love of my Life until Clay arrived in May 2003.

RAVEN:  ALPHA FELINE is mostly black with a little white on her tummy.  She not only is the oldest at 5 1/2 years but keeps the two younger ones in their place.  I also owned her littermate sister ,Maya, until I lost her to a Brain Tumor approximately 2 years ago.  The only thing on Raven's mind is FOOD, nothing but FOOD.  Therefore it is a struggle to watch her waistline.  See it grow in girth.

PRINCESS ZENA: SUPER ALPHA FELINE is a mixture of Tortoiseshell and Calico markings.  She was a rescue cat.  I wanted a Lap Cat as the two mentioned above, that was the last thing they wanted to do.  Her and I have had many crossings of wills in the three years that she has lived with me.  She may be very little in body but HUGE in Stubborness.  

SIMEON:  He is the only male in the household. He is a grey tabby with white markings on his face and belly.  He was abandoned at my girlfriend's acreage a year ago last Christmas.  He was very badly abused emotionally and psychologically.  It has been a very difficult year rehabiliating him.  The time I have had to spend with him has caused medical problems with Raven.  Things have now turned the corner and it looks like everyone will make a full recovery.

All three have become Good Friends and they have learned to gang up on me to try and get my attention when they want something.  If I'm sleeping and THEY THINK IT'S TIME FOR BREAKFAST, they take turns jumping on my chest and jumping off until I get annoyed enough to get up.  Another trick Raven taught Simeon is to bang the lower cupboard doors in the kitchen or bathroom to get my attention.

RAVEN IS A BETTER WATCH DOG THAN ANY DOG.  We have had a couple of thiefs just outside by patio doors.  She came to me an did everything but stand on her head to get me to go to the Patio Doors and look.  If I had, I could have alerted the Police of the crime but not necessary stopped it.

MY BABIES ARE MY PRIDE AND JOY.  NONE ARE PEDIGREED AS I HAVE ALWAYS VOWED THAT UNTIL ALL THE HEINZ 57 CATS HAS A HOME I WOULDN'T OWN A PUREBRED.

"Clay Aiken's Voice sates my Soul!"
Happiness is not a Destination.  It is a Method of Life.
"Love Always 4 Clay is the Root that Binds Us."
max
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2004, 01:18:09 AM »

Moonshot....thankyou...that is soooooo sweet! Too cute for words! LOL Thankyou so much and Krysascwt..lovley info.  I ove the side pics of Clay dancing and everything that you ladies put next to your posts. Love MAxxxxx
aeleon9995
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2004, 06:01:57 AM »

Hi..I have 2 cats...kitty(15)..and shredder(14)...and one toy poodle carly...she is 9. We thought we would never own a poodle..lol...but when my mom got sick and couldn't take care of her anymore we inherited her. She is the most lovable pet..and she crys when i have to go to work.

My cats are characters..lol..kitty thinks he is a dog...most friendly and loving..and shredder does his own thing and is the best behaved of all 3.
fwong52
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2004, 07:59:19 AM »

My husband and I are empty-nesters.  We have a lovely 8 year-old lap cat.  Meet Clay-O (whose name was changed from Cleo after I fell in love with Clay).  Clay-O is a snuggly wonderful creature who identifies more with humans than felines.  She sits in a chair at the breakfast table as my husband reads the paper and I have coffee and watch GMA.  She curls up with me under the covers in bed and excitedly kisses my husband's face to wake him up in the morning.  She will nap on us for hours as we watch tv.  When she wants a little attention from my husband, she will roll around at his feet as he comes into the kitchen.--That's the signal that she wants to be picked up in his arms like a baby.  She knows how to get what she wants from both of us--if her dish is empty, she gently nips my ankles; but she alerts my husband by kissing him.  She's loves people and makes friends with everyone.  We figure she's suffering some sort of identity crisis but we wouldn't change her for the world.
claydevotee
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2004, 08:03:57 AM »

fwong, my husband and I are also empty-nesters.  Our 2 sons both live out in California, at least 1500 miles away.  Our little schnauzer Chester has managed to fill a HUGE void in our lives, just as your little Clay-o obviously has!
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2004, 07:37:30 AM »

This is Chester the miniature schnauzer, a.k.a. THE NEIGHBORHOOD TERROR
 Claydevotee, this could be a picture of our Lucy!  She's only 2, and does a lot of tricks.  She DIDN'T flunk doggy obedience school, but basically they only showed us how to train her, we did the work.  Her funniest trick is rolling over.  She does a little "chase my tail," getting up a lot of momentum, then flings herself on the floor and rolls over. It's too funny, we've been told by friends to send a tape of that to some animal show that shows funny videos!  Schnauzers have a lot of attitude, think they're much bigger than they are, and bark a lot, but there's no other type of dog I'd rather have! (this is my third one)  We also have a beautiful Siamese cat (also the 3rd one), Mischief. She is one of the few cats who are NOT graceful; she knocks everything over!  She and Lucy have a lot of fun together. :D

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2004, 08:13:30 AM »

ENJOYING THIS THREAD ABOUT PETS. :)

MOONSHOT
THAT PICTURE OF CLAY WITH RALEIGH IS DELIGHTFUL. WHAT A CUTIE, THE DOG , I MEAN. WELL, CLAY TOOOOO. :)

WE HAVE 2 CATS AND THEY ARE MY BABIES.
 ONE IS A MANX THAT I RESCUED FROM A TERRIBLE HOME, WHERE THEY WERE GOING TO PUT HER DOWN BECAUSE SHE WAS PREGNANT, AND ONLY 6 MONTHS OLD.
 Cry!:  Cry!:
  I TOOK HER AND THE VET HAD TO OPERATE AS THE KITTIES WERE DEAD. TESSIE SURVIVED AND SHE IS NOW 10 YEARS OLD.
FAT AND HAPPY. :)

THEN I RESCUED A POOR LITTLE KITTYCAT WHO WAS STARVING UNDER MY STUDIO.
 ONE DAY WHEN I WENT OUTSIDE I HEARD A MEWING, LOOKED BUT COULD NOT FIND ANYTHING.
 IT WAS SO FAINT THAT I THOUGHT I WAS HEARING THINGS.

THE NEXT DAY WHEN I CAME TO THE STUDIO I HEARD THE SAME SOUND AND LOOKED UNDER THE HOUSE AND THERE WAS THIS PITIFUL LITTLE KITTY, NO BIGGER THAN MY HAND.
 SHE CAME TO ME CRYING AND WHEN I PICKED HER UP , I WILL NEVER FORGET AS SHE WAS CRYING, PURRING AND CUDDLING ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

SHE IS NOW WELL AND HAPPY AND SASSY AS CAN BE AND I NAMED HER PRINCESS. SHE IS 2 YEARS OLD NOW.

TESSIE JUST TOLERATES HER NOW . I GUESS TESSIE JUST WANTS TO SLEEP AS SHE IS GETTING OLDER.

THERE, I SAID IT. BUT I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A DOG, A HORSE AND LIVE ON A BIG RANCH SO I COULD HAVE LOTS OF ANIMALS.

MEOW :D  :D
JAN
KEEPER OF CLAY,S DREAMS

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx