gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:42:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262396 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1440 on: April 11, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »

HAPPY EASTER FROM SHADOW AND SANDY!
                                         HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #1441 on: April 11, 2009, 08:48:10 PM »

Prissy,
  Cute Easter photo of Sandy and Shadow.  How did you do the graphics of the eggs?   Can't wait to go to the dog store.

Here is one tired "bunny" Easter puppy.  He is tired from helping the Easter bunny hide all the eggs.
JoAnn

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #1442 on: April 11, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »

I "promise" that this will be the last Easter picture that I will post of Sammy.  I'm just one proud Mama, that's all.  If you look at the last photo above this one, Sammy does not have anything wrong with his left eye.  His dad is a merle Sheltie, silver/black with one or both eyes blue.  Sammy's mom is a plain sable Sheltie and Sammy is considered to be a Sable Merle.  He does have a couple of faint  spots on his sable sides.  He did come out with one marbled eye.  The white you see is actually part on the pupil and the pupil is a beautiful blue.  I call it his Paul  Newman eye.
JoAnn

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1443 on: April 12, 2009, 05:45:45 AM »

PRISSY, love the Easter greeting from Shadow and Sandy, that is really neat how you did that. 

JOANN, I love this last picture of Sammy.  The side view and the lighting, I love the Paul Newman blue eye!!  ROFLMAO  Hey keep posting pictures I never tire of seeing all of the wonderful friends we have.

DUDLEY, isn't it time for us to see new pictures of your furbabies??  Won't be long till it will be swimming lesson time for the new one.

TAMMY, where are you, I was so hoping you would post on the Pet and Garden threads!!! Would love to see your babies!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #1444 on: April 12, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »

Ok! I lied.  Here is one  more "last" Easter photo.  I took it of Mom andSammy this afternoon after church.
JoAnn

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1445 on: April 13, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »

Joann and Prissy - I love your Easter photos!  Clapping Clapping Clapping

Joann - your Mom's beautiful soul just shines out from her eyes. You are so lucky to still have her.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1446 on: April 15, 2009, 06:04:12 AM »

Here is some news about the new First Dog for the Obamas.  Bo is from Texas.

NBC NEWSCHANNEL
Published: April 14, 2009

The First Dog has Texas roots.

Bo, the Obama’s Portuguese Water Dog, was born in the little town of Boyd in north Texas.

Penny is a champion Portuguese Water Dog but her son is the First Pet.

Bo was born and raised in Wise County but now calls the White House home.

Martha and Art Stern have known about the biggest secret in Washington for weeks and the Wise County couple knows how to keep a secret.

Dog breeder Martha Stern said, “I didn’t tell my mother. She lives, well, it’d be hard for her to keep a secret.“

Bo was originally bought by another Washington family but the new owners couldn’t handle him. That’s when Vicky Kennedy, wife of Senator Ted Kennedy, stepped in and bought the dog for the Obamas.

Martha says “Vicky Kennedy is more or less the instigator of all of this.“

The Sterns are tickled their dog ended up with the First Family. Martha just hopes to hear how her pup is doing in his new house.

Martha said “Possibly after they get the puppy and get settled, they might give me a call. I’m hoping Michelle does, anyway.“

The Sterns have also sold Portuguese Water Dogs to the Kennedy Family.

But they have some advice for the Obamas: keep the dog away from the garden, because he will eat the tomatoes.

Our local news reported that THREE DOG BAKERY is sending one of their doggy cakes to Bo, the new "First Dog."

Southlake's Three Dogs Bakery to send Obamas' pooch 'Bo' a special treat
10:32 AM CDT on Tuesday, April 14, 2009
By LIZ FORD / The Dallas Morning News
A Southlake bakery is sending a bit of Texas love to Bo, the Portuguese water dog, as he settles into his new digs at the White House.

The Three Dogs Bakery in Southlake is shipping a specialty doggie dessert to D.C. for Bo, who was bred at Amigo Portuguese Water Dogs in Boyd, 35 miles northwest of Fort Worth.

Bakery owner Christy Howard, who has five English mastiffs of her own, says that she makes these special cakes for all dogs, so she couldn’t exclude Bo.

“We just wanted to make Bo's first 'official' day in his new place as exciting as possible,” Howard said. “There is no better way to celebrate than a doggie cake to let Bo know Texas cares.”

The cake, which takes about an hour to bake and decorate, is made with all natural ingredients, including a whole wheat cake batter that is sweetened with honey and applesauce. The frosting is made with buttermilk and yogurt, and Karo syrup.

“We use all human quality ingredients, so he can share with his Secret Service buddies,” Howard said.

Keeping Bo’s new home in mind, the bakers will load the cake with white frosting and coconut shavings. Once the cake is finished today, it will be frozen so it can be shipped.

The desserts at Three Dogs Bakery normally run for around $22, but Bo’s treat will most likely be accompanied by a few extra toys, Howard said.

“This is just a fun way to send a piece of Texas home with Bo,” she said.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1447 on: April 20, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »

Even though we had had him for only a year, yesterday was Tuffy's 4th birthday (I will never understand how someone could have him for 3 years, and then just decide they did not want him any more - but I am very glad they did!)

We were gone most of the day (yesterday was granddaughter Kaitlyn's 6th birthday, too!) but we had a couple of hours outside after we got home. Tuffy had a banner birthday. As most of you know, he is a great turtle hunter. Yesterday afternoon - in just a couple of hours - he caught 6 turtles - all big ones - the size of a plate or a little larger. I had to laugh. We were trying to get work done in the garden, but had to keep stopping to rescue turtles. Here is Tuffy's catch  of the day:

His birthday present was a stuffed version of himself. Tuffy does not trust new things, and at first he kept his distance: (excuse the bad hair day - he had just had a bath and wasn't quite dry):

But eventually he decided that Tuffy 2 was a good thing, and retreated to his dog bed - as usual, he looks as though he has just been kicked in this photo - he does not like having his picture taken!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1448 on: April 20, 2009, 03:22:45 PM »

FRANKIE, oh how precious Tuffy looks!!  And  yep his birthday was probably very special to him catching six turtles.  The simple things keeps him happy!!!  Love that toy!!!  Pepe and Alli would go crazy over that!!  Didn't Jack want it too???  Thanks so much for posting the pictures, haven't seen the little guy in awhile.   Yep it amazes me to that people can have a pet for a couple of  years and just give it up.  Like my little Alli,  DIL got Preston and decided she didn't want Alli anymore, what a shame, Alli was 2 1/2 when I took her.   All I can say is these people must not care for animals deep down.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1449 on: April 20, 2009, 07:26:22 PM »

wave Pepe - I forgot to say that all of the turtles were released at a creek down the road from us - I think there are so many right now because it is the time of year for them to lay eggs - they are looking for a good location!  Laney and I found the Yorkie toy at Books-A-Million - it is a child's toy, but is safe for dogs, too!

Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #1450 on: April 20, 2009, 11:08:59 PM »

Hi Frankie,

Happy Birthday Tuffy !

Tuffy is so cute. I can't imagine anyone not wanting a pet
they had for 3 years either.  I am happy that Tuffy has
such a good home with You and Lewis now and so many
fun things to do like catching 6 turtles in a couple of
hours.Laughing  And playing with the new stuffed Tuffy you
got him for his birthday.

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1451 on: April 21, 2009, 05:42:48 AM »

to Tuffy!

Turtle Hunter Extraordinaire!!!

Cute pictures, Frankie, of Tuffy and Tuffy 2!   Laughing

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1452 on: April 30, 2009, 04:34:39 AM »

Tuffy's Father came home from work yesterday with a swimiing pool for Tuffy  Paranoid The theory is that he will take a dip in this pool when he is hot instead of going into the pond. This would keep him a lot cleaner and safer. Tuffy is, however, very suspicious of new things. He did go into the pool to retrieve his favorite rubber chicken (the red thing in the pool), but I'm not sure he loves his pool yet (Jack is unsure, too):

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1453 on: April 30, 2009, 05:58:52 AM »

FRANKIE, how cute Tuffy's own pool!!  I bet that doesn't work though.  I think Tuffy wants to swim with your ducks!  I sure wished he wouldn't though, that was horrible and scary stuff last summer when he almost drowned and you can't keep your eye on him ever second.  I guess he will just have to stay in the nice cool house unless someone can watch him.  How funny before Jack  used to be the one always getting into things and now he just sits back and watches Tuffy.  Like I said before  young people should own Yorkies!!!!  Laughing

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1454 on: May 01, 2009, 09:14:23 PM »

Frankie,

We are glad that our long haired shelties do not have a desire to get into the pond or the pool.  They just ignore the water and go around it.  Hopefully, Tuffy will get to where he likes the kiddie pool.

This was sent to me in an email and I thought it was very insightful.

Be nice to others because... Time will make a difference!

(Clickable)

One day, you may not be the "BIG DOG"!
just the old dog......

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1455 on: May 02, 2009, 07:55:57 AM »

PRISSY, I just love that little story.  Dogs can certainly teach us a lot, indeed!!! Thanks for posting it.   Huggles

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1456 on: May 02, 2009, 12:41:14 PM »

Thea,

I loved these pictures, too, and the sentiment.  I think the "old" dog looks like a Cocker Spaniel??  But the little puppies that grow into such big dogs......what are they?

I hope someone can identify them.  They look like Alaskan Malamutes??

Here is a link on Alaskan Malamutes:

http://www.akc.org/breeds/alaskan_malamute/index.cfm

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1457 on: May 02, 2009, 02:31:41 PM »

PRISSY, that is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time.  And Thea is right little animals can teach us so much, although I wish Alli and Pepe would learn some of the things I try to teach them  Laughing.  I do believe they are Alaskan Malamutes or Huskies.  Beautiful kind dogs and the ones that I have seen have had the most beautiful blue eyes.

JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #1458 on: May 02, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

Frankie---love the pictures.   They are so cute.
Prissy---cute picutres and story.

I can't believe that my baby, Sammy is turning one on May 21.  I took these photos for his birthday and wanted to post them early to show that he is now a big boy.  Hard to believe that when I got him on July 12,he was all of 3.9 lbs and now he is 14"tall and weighs about 25lbs.
JoAnn

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1459 on: May 02, 2009, 08:21:39 PM »

JOANN how adorable!   Clapping bigsmile   I am now convinced that shelties are naturally camera-friendly.  I can't imagine a party hat staying on Mimi's head for longer than 2 seconds!    Laughing

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx