gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 421
Total: 421

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The future of Claymaniacs.com  (Read 136329 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »

Frankie- I am more than willing to do it the way Lindsay said- can you tell me again how to do it? Will we be able to transfer everything to the new site?

My way is slow as I CAN only copy one page at a time.

Let me know as I am working on the concerts as we "speak":

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »

Here you go Marilyn -

Even though I know a lot of you have been saving things. I found a way that might make it easier than copying and pasting into Word. In your Browser, Click File -->Save Page As --> Select Web Page, HTML Only. What this does is save a copy of the page onto your computer. It'll look like the site when you open the file, but it's not "live." You'll still need to save each page separately, but it's not as cumbersome.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »

Thanks Michelle. I will try that

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2010, 07:42:42 PM »

Marilyn - I'll be glad to help you with the concerts if you will tell me which ones you want me to do.  I would really love to have these.

I will be able to do more over the weekend.

Michelle, that is the way I had to save what I did since I don't have Word at home.  It goes pretty quick.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2010, 07:55:18 PM »

Michelle,

Not of major importance, but I saved the first post in the Color Chart thread in FUN STUFF.  This post lists all the colors that can be used on Claymaniacs. 

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Fountaindawg
Claynewbie

« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »

Fountaindawg - Joyful Noise 2007 is done  bigsmile FINALLY!

I'll go ahead and work on JNaT 2006.  I'm hoping we don't run out of time before all these photos are saved, JNaT has under 1,000 photos but both JNT05 and SRHP have in excess of 1,000.  Hopefully we have a few more days to work on this
MUAH!!! I updated the list to reflect that.

If we should lose the other tours, I can probably replace most of what's lost from my own files. However there are some scattered pics that have been new to me among the gala stuff I saved, so there likely are tour pics from members here among the mix as well. Maybe there's a way to search for specific people's photos, but that might take longer that just going on 'automatic pilot' and saving them all.

Anyhoo, I'm halfway through the Photoshoots. I'll have to finish them tomorrow as I've given myself a headache from mutli-tasking. (Flashpoint was really good and worth it, though! *g* Now the dogs want out to peeeeeee ... again!)
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2010, 09:37:50 PM »

I'm half way through 2006 JNaT!!!  I'm working over time because I just can't stand the thought of leaving Clay here  Cry!

icon_eek I am so pathetic. 
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2010, 09:41:08 PM »

wave Marilyn - I don't see you on site - I did not see your message earlier. I got so excited when I first tried what Lindsay said, because it will copy an entire Thread in a flash - even threads that are 80 pages long! Then Lindsay told me that only the first page would carry over to the new site (when I checked the address at the top of the page, she was right - the first page saved to my computer - all others still had the Claymaniacs address). You still have to save one page at a time, but it is so much faster!

I've only been back at the computer for 30 minutes or so, and have saved several more pages of the ANN (and there are around 25 Threads on each page).

My update: I'm in the middle of Page 59 of the ANN, and have saved though April 30, 2005. If all goes well tomorrow, I hope to finish 2005 and possibly 2006.

Clapping Clapping Clapping Fountaindawg - you are doing so well!!!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2010, 10:07:06 PM »

OKAY, I JUST COPIED THE ENTIRE 2004 JOYFUL NOISE- CELLCERTS, FAN REVIEWS, SET LISTS, ALL OF IT! IT DOES GO MUCH FASTER BUT THERE ARE STILL A LOT OF THREADS AND PAGES.

I HAD ALREADY DONE THE INDEPENDENT TOUR CELLCERTS, ETC

I AM GOING TO WORK ON THE SMALLEST ONES TOMORROW NIGHT AND THEN THE JBT AND SOLO WHICH WERE REALLY A LOT.

I SURE HOPE MICHAEL WILL GIVE US ENOUGH TIME TO SAVE EVERYTHING.- EVERYONE IS WORKING SO VERY HARD!! FOUNTAINDAWG AND SUERUE-THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH FOR COMING OVER HERE AND HELPING.

BARB- WHAT I AM DOING IS CREATING A FOLDER SAY FOR CHRISTMAS 2004. IN THAT FOLDER I AM CREATING SUB FOLDERS FOR EACH VENUE AND THEN ADDING EACH PAGE OF THE CELLCERT OR FAN REVIEW.  WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THE NUMBER OF THE PAGE IS SAVED SO THAT WE CAN PUT THEM BACK IN THE RIGHT ORDER WHEN THE TIME COMES
THE INDIVIDUAL PAGES FOR THE SET LIST, VENUES OF THE TOURS, AND ODDS AND ENDS I JUST SAVE IN THE MAIN FOLDER.

ITS TIME CONSUMING BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE I SAVE THEM PROPERLY SO THEY CAN BE REINSTATED.

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2010, 04:07:45 AM »

Thanks for the tips Marilyn. 

When I get home tonight, I'll let you know which one I am going to work on unless you want to tell me which one to do.

See you tonight

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2010, 04:19:11 AM »

PERHAPS I CAN CALL YOU IF YOU PM ME YOUR NUMBER. IT WILL BE AFTER 7:30.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2010, 07:39:59 AM »

wave

Marilyn - you asked about reinstating the Threads on the new site - I do not have any information on that at all - I'm just trying, as everyone else is, to get things saved before this site goes down. I am hoping that there will be a smooth transition - and I really hope that threads can be moved without having to copy and paste them all over again - guess we will just have to wait for word from Michael on how this will work. Hope he knows that he is dealing (as far as I go) with someone that knows only the basics about computers  Paranoid Hope moving the threads won't be too technical!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2010, 08:00:54 AM »

Frankie- you are doing wonderful. There is so much history and memory here. I was glancing at some of the concert threads, and I saw  liftclayup(Carol), Joyce, and Liz on there. I hate to lose those posts.

Praying for more time!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »

Huggles Marilyn - I think we will make it if our computers don't crash!  Laughing I am getting nervous thinking about all that is on my computer! I went back and read my Meet and Greet Threads the other night - this site is so special, and is well worth saving.  Their posts are all that is left of some of our friends.

Just saved May, June, July 2005 (took 40 minutes). I am on Page 55 ofthe ANN - going to take a short break, then will be back.

Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »

Wow!!! I just saw the list so far Michelle posted with all the threads saved. You all did it very quickly these past few days. My hats off to everyone working hard on this. Thanks so much!!! Clapping

Want to say a belated welcome to Sue and Fountaindawg. You two rock for coming here to help us!!!!

Sue-I'm friends with you on facebook and I enjoy your posts at the OFC. I agree with a lot of it. bigsmile

Fingers crossed we have no problems when we move. Fingers Crossed Thanks Michael also for everything you are doing to keep us going!!!

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2010, 10:58:45 AM »

Huggles Marilyn - I think we will make it if our computers don't crash!  Laughing I am getting nervous thinking about all that is on my computer! I went back and read my Meet and Greet Threads the other night - this site is so special, and is well worth saving.  Their posts are all that is left of some of our friends.

Just saved May, June, July 2005 (took 40 minutes). I am on Page 55 ofthe ANN - going to take a short break, then will be back.

Good job!! Since these are being saved as a "page" they should not take up too much space. I checked my computer and I have lots of available space. These dont take up as much room as photographs or videos.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

Marilyn - they are not being saved as a page - saving each day individually. (I don't think they would save as a page - would disappear when the site does, I think). I am giving the page numbers in case someone wants to start at the present and meet me in the middle. I just finished 2005 - 2006 begins on Page 50, and that is where I will begin next - January 1, 2006.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »

I hope that someone will save the CLAY IN CONCERT AND YOU thread in Clay Daily.  This is where many of us have kept an updated list of all the Clay concerts we have been to and the pre-parties, too!!

It only has 9 pages. 

Whoops!  Just saw on Michelle's list that this has been saved!   thanks

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2010, 01:12:11 PM »

2006 Symphonic Christmas Tour has photos is done (JNaT 2006)   

Starting JNT05!!
Fountaindawg
Claynewbie

« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2010, 02:27:04 PM »

2006 Symphonic Christmas Tour has photos is done (JNaT 2006)   

Starting JNT05!!
Whohoo! You go, girl! Those later tours have huuuuuuuge numbers of pics saved. your fingers must be cramping. *g*

Photo Gallery Update:

Finished Galleries:
Touched by a Fan > Both galleries FINISHED (Wallpapers & Blends, Drawing Clay)
Making a Difference > All 3 galleries FINISHED ( BAF, UNICEF, Other)
Concerts >  SEVEN Galleries are done = Others, AI2 Tour, Independent Tour, Solo Tour/NAT, Joyful Noise 2004, JNaT 06, CITH 2007,
Media Group > All 4 categories FINISHED ... Photoshoots, Online Media, Print Media, Video screen caps
Favorites:  B&W done

Next up:
I'm working on the `Favorites`Gallery now.
Suereu is reliving Christmas 2005 aka "The Work" and the mar.ve.lous. act.ing. skillz. of. JohnD.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx