gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 381
Total: 381

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The future of Claymaniacs.com  (Read 136327 times)
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #120 on: March 17, 2010, 06:51:50 PM »

I really did read this thread, really I did (I think, the brain is going quickly)

Is there a time frame on this?  I'm having a hand pain problem and I'm only 350 pictures into the CITH thread .  I thought if I took a break, but I'm thinking I need to take a LONGER break  bigsmile  I should be able to get them all saved no later than tomorrow - is that okay? 

and thanks for the nice welcome all!!! 
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #121 on: March 17, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »

I really did read this thread, really I did (I think, the brain is going quickly)

Is there a time frame on this?  I'm having a hand pain problem and I'm only 350 pictures into the CITH thread .  I thought if I took a break, but I'm thinking I need to take a LONGER break  bigsmile  I should be able to get them all saved no later than tomorrow - is that okay? 

and thanks for the nice welcome all!!! 

Thank you so much for jumping in to help! Our webmaster said he should be able to keep this site open long enough to get what we wanted saved. I don't think it will be weeks or anything like that but we should have several days at least.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #122 on: March 17, 2010, 06:59:34 PM »

bigsmile thanks!!  I'll keep on right clicking and saving (I do that quite well) and should be done tomorrow and can then help with something else!!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #123 on: March 17, 2010, 07:09:53 PM »

I finished saving most of the current CM thread 33...we keep adding pages to it...ahem... Smile ...I've saved page 1 to about 26 or 27...I'll have to look again.  I'd like to know what needs to be saved next...happy to continue to help in whatever way I can...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #124 on: March 17, 2010, 07:11:30 PM »

JOHANNA, has anybody saved the Pet Thread???

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »

I don't know, Thea...you might want to scroll through this thread...and then PM Moonshot, too.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »

FINISHED
BLPT- 1st Anniversary
BLPT- 2nd Anniversary
BLPT- 3rd Anniversary

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2010, 09:27:10 AM »

ANN Update -

Pages 67-80 have been copied. That is October 28, 2003 (beginning of the ANN) Thru October 24, 2004.

I also copied the following dates in order to get the first post of each News Team Member:

6/6/03
6/18/03
6/29/03
9/30/05
1/11/07
1/30/07
2/12/07
7/3/07
7/11/07
8/19/07
5/11/09
7/20/09

I'm still working, but wanted to give this update so we will not be copying the same pages. I am about to start on Page 66

EDIT - (Noon) Page 66 is copied - things are going slower today because the year has to be added. Michelle - can you ask the current News Team to please start putting the Year as well as the date?

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2010, 10:04:02 AM »

JOHANNA, has anybody saved the Pet Thread???

I don't believe so, Thea. You are welcome to do so!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Fountaindawg
Claynewbie

« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2010, 10:32:40 AM »

Photo Gallery Update:

Finished Galleries:
Touched by a Fan > Both galleries FINISHED (Wallpapers & Blends, Drawing Clay)
Making a Difference > All 3 galleries FINISHED ( BAF, UNICEF, Other)
Concerts >  Earliest 5 Galleries are done -Others, AI2 Tour, Independent Tour, Solo Tour/NAT, Joyful Noise 2004, JNT 07/CITH
Media Group > 2 categories done ... Online Media & Video screen caps also half of Photoshoots.

Next up: I'm working on the Media Group  Print & Photoshoots now.
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2010, 04:33:23 PM »

Fountaindawg - Joyful Noise 2007 is done  bigsmile FINALLY!

I'll go ahead and work on JNaT 2006.  I'm hoping we don't run out of time before all these photos are saved, JNaT has under 1,000 photos but both JNT05 and SRHP have in excess of 1,000.  Hopefully we have a few more days to work on this
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2010, 04:41:42 PM »

Has anyone copied the recipes?  Also, Michael - can we move to our temporary site when we can no longer use this site?

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2010, 05:40:01 PM »

I am saving the threads to a word document. Cannot save as a link once the site goes down. I put my cursor on the first post and just scroll down by highlighting.
In this way I save the threads exactly as they are-then we can post the individual posts back when the new site is up.
Frankie, wouldnt it be easier to save the ANN this way for you?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #133 on: March 18, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »

I am saving ALL the concert threads, including the meet and greets, so I hope no one is duplicating that. I am going home now so I will work on it when I get there.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2010, 05:55:51 PM »

Marilyn - Lindsay's method is much faster, and also saves the threads exactly as they are - photos, emoticons, etc. Her method will not work on a long thread, such as the Magazine Thread (I found this out yesterday) because you do have to save each page separately. It works well for the ANN, since the great majority are only one page long. For 2 page days, I save the pages separately - just add a #2 after the date for the second day. I am, sadly, not saving second pages of the ANN if they contain only conversation (which I would love to save). I'm only saing pages with Clay News - there is just not enough time to save everything. I would still like to save the Magazine Thread if possible - I may work on that when I am taking a break from the ANN. I just hope, after all of this work, that threads will transfer properly to the new site  Paranoid I am worried. I di exactly as you are doing the first day - scrolled down, highlighted, copied, and saved to Word - that worked well, but took a lot of time! Are you able to get it to copy more than one page at a time? If so, please tell me how.

UPDATE: Have copied Page 65 and half of Page 64 of the ANN - stopped when I copied December 31, 2004. I'm going to take a short break and will get back to work later.........

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »

Words cannot express how lucky we are to have so many of you putting in so many hours to save our posts, pictures, and memories from an entire website!  Clapping

Special thanks to Fountaindawg and Suereu for coming aboard, rolling up their sleeves and helping us!  Huggles

Clay Aiken certainly attracts some very kind and caring fans!  Yes!

Barbara

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2010, 06:28:15 PM »

Question: There are a lot of prayer request threads in Member's Corner. Do you all want me to save them?

As of right now, here is what I have saved:

Memorial Threads
Carol
Janet
Joyce
Liz
Julie
Debi

A Political Thread
Beautiful Bouncing Bundles of Joy
ClayCert Conference
Down Memory Lane
He Blogs! He Blogs!
Meetin' and Greetin' With Clay
Share Your Vacation
Tabloids

All Emoties
Recipe Swap Thread
Clay It Forward Chapter 2
Champions of Change Gala
Clay and the Stars
I Got My Driver's License
How Do You Look?
OT: VT Shootings
Congratulations Jayne and Kirk

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »

WOW!!!

Thank you all so very much! This is incredible the amount that has been saved. I'm going to create a thread with a list of everything that has been saved so there are no duplicates. I will keep it locked. Keep posting what you finish here and I will carry it over there. That way it will be one quick list you can look at.

Thank you all again.

Big Hug!

SAVED LIST

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »

Since my last post, I have given both of the dogs a bath  Laughing, and have copied Page 63 of the ANN - which got us through January 31, 2005. Hope to get a little more done tonight.

Michelle - the list will be very helpful - I keep trying to bring the ANN information forward, but I would also like to know what else is being saved.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2010, 07:20:36 PM »

Michelle - just read the list. I've saved Pages 63-80 of the ANN - Everything from Octobber 28, 2003 through January 31, 2005, plus the extra pages I listed to get the first posts of News Team Members.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx