gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 479
Total: 479

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The future of Claymaniacs.com  (Read 136374 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2010, 11:38:06 AM »

Okay, I'm a follower not a leader and readily admit it.  Can someone just push me toward a thread that needs to be archived?  *waves to everyone*

Hey Sue! Huggles

I'm not sure.  Moonshot our admin will know best what immediately needs saving.

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #101 on: March 17, 2010, 11:39:21 AM »

Okay, I'm a follower not a leader and readily admit it.  Can someone just push me toward a thread that needs to be archived?  *waves to everyone*

Hey Sue! Huggles

I'm not sure.  Moonshot our admin will know best what immediately needs saving.

bigsmile okay!  I'll await further instruction and, in the meantime, keep looking around
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #102 on: March 17, 2010, 11:43:17 AM »

I ADMIT TO BEING COMPLETELY  COMPUTER ILLITERATE BUT I DO WANT TO THANK

EVERYONE WHO IS WORKING SO HARD TO SAVE OUR PRECIOUS MEMORIES.

A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO MICHEAL.

BETTY
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2010, 11:47:41 AM »

suereu...WELCOME  to our site!   Huggles Huggles Huggles Clapping bigsmile It is fabulous seeing you here!!!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Fountaindawg
Claynewbie

« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »

bigsmile okay!  I'll await further instruction and, in the meantime, keep looking around

Sue, while you await further instructions with regard to threads, These peeps have a huuuuuge number of photos saved from the tours (especially the recent ones) that I've been working on. I started at the first tours and worked my way up through JNT 04. If you wanted to start saving the pics from the most recent tour (JNTIII/CITH), that would be helpful. Some can be clicked to increase the size and we all know bigger is better! *g*

I bet there are some of yours in there!
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2010, 12:20:35 PM »

Sue, while you await further instructions with regard to threads, These peeps have a huuuuuge number of photos saved from the tours (especially the recent ones) that I've been working on. I started at the first tours and worked my way up through JNT 04. If you wanted to start saving the pics from the most recent tour (JNTIII/CITH), that would be helpful. Some can be clicked to increase the size and we all know bigger is better! *g*

I bet there are some of yours in there!

You got it baby!!!!  I have an entire external hard drive that I have not touched (if I can find it) so I have plenty of space!!!  Off to find CITH (it's a dirty job, but somebody has got to do it)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2010, 12:33:40 PM »

Fountaindawg and Suereu, thanks for coming aboard and helping Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
suereu
Claynewbie

« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2010, 12:40:32 PM »

It's my pleasure!! Although it is a tad bit hazardous, I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face looking at the pictures and it's beginning to hurt  Laughing

(back to CITH)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2010, 12:44:35 PM »

It's my pleasure!! Although it is a tad bit hazardous, I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face looking at the pictures and it's beginning to hurt  Laughing

(back to CITH)

WELL, THAT DOES HAPPENS WITH CERTAIN RED-HAIRED SINGER! bigsmile

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »

FOUNTAINDAWG and SUERU, welcome.  Thank you so much for sharing  your talents and computer expertise with us.    Not Worthy Not Worthy

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2010, 01:35:29 PM »

wave Lindsay!!! You are a genius!!! Your instructions on Page 4 of this thread work - and it is fast to save a page (haven't tried it on a multiple page yet, though - think I know how to do it). If the site stays up, maybe all of the ANN pages can be moved. I had given up on moving the Magazine Thread, but maybe that can also be moved.

Fountaindawg and Sueru - I am so impressed that you have come to help - but what else would a card-carrying member of the ClayNation do??? Wink Thank You!

EDIT - I just tried this method on a 2-page ANN - the second page saved automatically!!!  Purple Banana

EDIT #2 - Anyone saving Threads - please try Lindsay's method. It took me all of yesterday morning to save 30 pages. I've just saved 26 pages in 25 minutes.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2010, 02:32:06 PM »

Glad it helped, Frankie!

Thanks for coming onboard, suereu!!

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2010, 02:48:30 PM »

Lindsay - just one little glitch - and it won't apply to other threads. When writing the ANN, the year has not been added to the date (that probably needs to be changed in the future). For instance, there are 7 Threads named "AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 1" I've done January-March for 2004 - just saved a thread from 2005 to check - cannot save the same date unless the year is added!

I have October 2003-March 2004 completely saved - I'm working on Page 74 of the ANN now. That is in addition to the dates saved yesterday. If someone wants to begin at today's date and meet me in the middle, that would be great! If no one can, I'll just keep working for as long as we are here.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »

Should have specified the need for different file names, sorry. I've been adding 2,3,4,5,etc. to the end of mine, typically to represent the page number.

Don't know if it was needed or not, but I saved all of our smilies.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2010, 02:57:16 PM »

Lindsay - I just saved all 64 pages of the Magazine Thread in less than 10 seconds  Purple Banana Purple Banana If we have enough members with computer space, we could really save everything.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2010, 04:27:59 PM »

Fountaindawg...I need to welcome you too...!!! I'm so sorry I didn't earlier...I'm in a bit of a fog...just learned of serious medical issues with both my sister and brother in law yesterday...anyway, it is so kind of you to be here helping...and I hope we'll continue to have your company and suereu's join us in the Clay excitement on this site, too!...eep...I mean our new site, once up its up...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2010, 05:03:10 PM »

Has anyone saved anything from Fun Stuff - Pet Thread? Garden Thread? I just saved all 88 pages of the DWTS Thread - again - took less than 10 seconds, thanks to Lindsay.

Lindsay - off topic - I will be cheering for the Mountaineers and Meesa's Jayhawks in the Tournament this year - Memphis did not make it due to their jerk  former coach leaving and taking half of the team to Kentucky!!! 

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2010, 05:59:12 PM »

I have just saved

Clay in Concert and You
Spamalot threads
Montage Heaven
Then & Now Photo Thread

Will work on more.  If anyone has something they particularly want saved, please list it here

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #118 on: March 17, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »

Frankie - Are you saving entire threads as .mht files? I'm not quite sure how you're saving all of those pages in less than 10 seconds. Can you do me a favor? Open one of the files and click on a different page besides page 1. Watch the address bar. Does it change from C:/ (or wherever you have it saved) to claymaniacs.com? If so, it won't work once the site is taken down. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for for the 'Eers!! I'm hoping - for once - putting them into the Final Four in my bracket is not wishful thinking. Keeping my fingers crossed Memphis gets back on track next year.

~ Lindsay ~

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #119 on: March 17, 2010, 06:28:36 PM »

Lindsay - it was too good to be true. I guess you have to "Save Page" on each individual page - at least this method is working quickly on the ANN, since the great majority of them are only one page. (Even with two pages saving them this way is much faster!)  Clapping

I will just have to delete the DWTS Thread.

At least personal Threads - such as Meet and Greets - can be saved this way and printed (at least I think they can be printed). They won't be on the new site, but at least they won't be completely lost.

Back to the ANN...................

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx