gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:42:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 402
Total: 402

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The future of Claymaniacs.com  (Read 136332 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 07:23:14 AM »

THANKS JOHANNA..

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2010, 08:15:38 AM »

wave

I am about to start saving ANNs. I feel that is where the most Clay information is contained. I do not know what is best - think I will begin by saving the first week, and then I think I will start saving ANNs from highlights of Clay's carer - tours, TV appearances, etc. I wish it were possible to only save links, but I assume that the links will not work once the site is shut down (DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS INFORMATION???) After I have saved a few of the ANNs, I will start a list of what is saved. Fortuneately, they are a couple of weeks worth on the alternate site - those can be moved over to any new site later. If anyone has suggestions as to what to save, I would be glad to have them. I wish the Coppermine could be moved - so many great photos there - but I don't know what to do.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2010, 08:46:32 AM »

wave

I am about to start saving ANNs. I feel that is where the most Clay information is contained. I do not know what is best - think I will begin by saving the first week, and then I think I will start saving ANNs from highlights of Clay's carer - tours, TV appearances, etc. I wish it were possible to only save links, but I assume that the links will not work once the site is shut down (DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS INFORMATION???) After I have saved a few of the ANNs, I will start a list of what is saved. Fortuneately, they are a couple of weeks worth on the alternate site - those can be moved over to any new site later. If anyone has suggestions as to what to save, I would be glad to have them. I wish the Coppermine could be moved - so many great photos there - but I don't know what to do.

THANKS FOR DOING THIS.  WITH BARRY'S SURGERY TOMORROW, MY MIND IS ELSEWHERE.  I APPRECIATE ALL WHO ARE HELPING.  I FEEL USELESS BUT I CAN'T FOCUS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2010, 09:05:14 AM »

I have the first week saved - going very slowly, but worth it, I think. Trouble is, I keep wanting to read  Laughing I'm back in time - Clay just got Raleigh, and MOAM was #1 on the charts! If we had not just gotten a new computer, I could not have saved anything - our old computer had so little memory. There is so much that should be saved, but so little time.

I just had a thought - If you want your original Avie (and I do - Clandy "made" it for me, and I will always remember her) remember to go into your profile and save your Avie somewhere so that you can add it to the new site. I already have mine saved in photobucket, but many of you may not............................

EDIT - Noon- Central Daylight time:
ANNS saved:

10/28/03 - Welcome to the ANN
10/28/03
10/29/03
10/30/03
10/31/03
11/3/03
11/4/03
11/5/03
11/6/03
11/7/03
11/8/03
11/9/03
11/10/03

Then I started skipping around to save the first posts of anyone who ever served on the News team, or who stepped in when a member of the News Team Needed them:

4/11/04
8/19/04
8/22/04

6/6/05
6/18/05
6/19/05
9/30/05

1/30/0

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2010, 09:47:19 AM »

When I get home, I'll do my best to save as much as I can save on my pc.

I also created threads on the OFC, The Clayboard if there any Claymaniacs there who are willing to help us.

And I posted on the main threads of Getclayaiken, and Chexxy's place to see there any Claymaniacs there that are willing to help us.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2010, 10:27:39 AM »

Maybe the site is starting to go - I cannot edit my post from above any longer - reply box is jumping around too much - I've also saved these ANNs:

1/11/07
1/30/07
2/12/07
7/3/07
7/11/07
8/19/07

I have all but the first posts of the most recent members of the News Team - I the site is still here when I get back from a 1:00 p.m. appointment, I will get those copied then.

GWENN - Hope your hubby does well with his surgery tomorrow - all of our family members and pets have become family members to all of us - that why this site is so special and worth saving.

Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2010, 10:53:09 AM »

I saved the temp site if anyone needs it PM me.

I haven't saved any PM's. Didn't need too.

If we have to move to a differant server hope it won't be any problems.

Huggles all around. We won't lose each other.

Thanks Michael!!!

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
Michael
Administrator
Claycrazy

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2010, 11:13:59 AM »

I appreciate everyones effort and understanding in this.  This is the last thing I need to deal with,  trust me.  What I am going to do is get the new software in place which will be the SAME software but the latest version,  so at least everyone is comfortable and somewhat familiar.  Once that is live,  I will provide the link to it so you can sign up there and start moving the threads over.  I will leave this forum up as long as everyone needs to get all the info they need to grab.

Michael

America has problems,  America is NOT the problem.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »

I appreciate everyones effort and understanding in this.  This is the last thing I need to deal with,  trust me.  What I am going to do is get the new software in place which will be the SAME software but the latest version,  so at least everyone is comfortable and somewhat familiar.  Once that is live,  I will provide the link to it so you can sign up there and start moving the threads over.  I will leave this forum up as long as everyone needs to get all the info they need to grab.

Michael

Thanks so much Michael, for all you do.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »

Thank you, Michael. You are appreciated. I know there is a lot of work ahead of you on this and thank you for doing it.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2010, 11:49:15 AM »

Michael, Thanks for all you do..We all appreciate you.

I feel so helpless because I absolutely do not understand most of it, but I will be cheering everyone on.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2010, 11:50:27 AM »

Thanks so much Michael Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2010, 12:07:23 PM »

Thanks Michael... Huggles

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 12:39:55 PM »

Michael, I have a question.

Some, lke myself can only try ro save threads at night because of work issues, how long can you keep this present verion of claymaniacs up and running?   It will be a shame for many of the archieved threads to disappear.   How long do we have save them?

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2010, 01:19:49 PM »

wave

Thank you, Michael.

Philly - I am back to copying ANNs - just about to start again. After I copy at least one post each from the new News Team, I am going back and will try to save one post (random reporters) from each of the 80 pages of the ANN. If the site is still up after that, I will go back and try for another post from each page, etc. I can't think of a better way - hopefully, this will give a good cross section of Clay's career. I have another appointment at 5, and won't be home until late, but I will try again tomorrow if the site is still up.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »

The following ANNs are copied:

May 11, 2009
July 20, 2009
July 23, 2009
March 13 & 14 2010

All of Page 80 is copied (copied the entire first two weeks).There are 80 pages of the ANN - 25 days to a page (2,000 days).  So much is going to be lost  Cry! - but we are lucky that there is going to be a new site  I've copied only a little over 30 days (sorry the list is not all in one post - see above lists). I have to get ready for my appointment - if anyone saves any of the ANNs, plese list here on this Thread - I will check when I get home tonight.

Fountaindawg
Claynewbie

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2010, 02:27:10 PM »

I hated to read that your fine folks had been hacked and were now having to relocate. Knowing how much work Kathy did to move the Clay Aiken Kids site last year, I knew how much lay ahead of you. I couldn't format my way out of a paper bag, but I can 'right-click-and-save' with the best of them! I decided to sign up to help the effort.

Since photos are 'my thang', I'd be happy to work in that area if your galleries need to be saved. I have plenty of space on my hard drive & external so I can store your stuff until you have a new spot for them to be stashed.

Just let me know if the pics need saving and/or where to start.
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »

That's great Fountaindawg! Huggles

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2010, 02:47:05 PM »

I hated to read that your fine folks had been hacked and were now having to relocate. Knowing how much work Kathy did to move the Clay Aiken Kids site last year, I knew how much lay ahead of you. I couldn't format my way out of a paper bag, but I can 'right-click-and-save' with the best of them! I decided to sign up to help the effort.

Since photos are 'my thang', I'd be happy to work in that area if your galleries need to be saved. I have plenty of space on my hard drive & external so I can store your stuff until you have a new spot for them to be stashed.

Wow-that is really sweet of you.  It would be nice to have the pictures too. Perhaps Moonshot can tell you which ones, and where to start.
'
I am going to start with two areas tonight. I will go back and save posts from Critical mass starting at the beginning,  and also from concert recaps, starting with the first one we have. Actually it might be easier to do them first.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2010, 02:47:29 PM »

Thank you so much, Fountaindawg! Your help is appreciated.

Our gallery is here:

http://www.claymaniacs.com/coppermine/

Many of the photos are by our members, some are still here, some have gone on so they wouldn't be available. There are a BUNCH of photos in there so it is a huge task. Anything you could do would be wonderful.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx