gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 422
Total: 422

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The future of Claymaniacs.com  (Read 136359 times)
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »

Do we still have our sister site? Can we move our old threads there?

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »

Philly - our sister site isn't set up to handle everything this one does.

If people would like to volunteer to start copying certain threads to word documents that would be great. I agree it would be terrible to lose everything we have, realistically we can only save some of it.

Then the posts from the word documents can be used to somewhat re-create threads on the new site.

Any volunteers?

ABOUT CLAY AIKEN FORUM

ANN

MEMORIAL THREADS

ANY OF THE WRITINGS IN THE WRITERS FORUM

ANY OF THE PHOTO THREADS (VACATIONS, GARDENS, ETC)

You would need to start ASAP, I'm not sure how much time we have but it isn't much.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 07:45:53 PM »

Thanks Moonie... Huggles

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »

Michelle - I just tried to copy and paste one of the ANNs to see if I could - it did not work. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE  Windows 7!!!!!  I will keep trying. I have room enough to keep the ANNs on our new computer until they can be moved to a new site, but I can't get them to copy and paste - I will keep trying.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 07:53:23 PM »

Frankie, that was my next question, how do we save threads?

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »

I am ready to save data...what should I save first...sent you a PM...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 08:03:43 PM »

It worked! - I have one ANN saved - only 80 pages to go!!!!  Purple Banana Laughing

Philly - I just highlighted the thread, copied, went to Word, and pasted - even the photos copied  Clapping I started with the most recent ANN.

Michelle - if they are saved in Word, will Michaelbe able tell someone who is computer illerate (ME!) how to get them onto a new site? This will take some time - what should I do, and how much time do we have? Should we try to save them, or just let everyone save what is most important to them as individuals? Opinions???

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 08:07:27 PM »

To save a thread:

click and hold at the top left of the thread page.
Holding it down pull the mouse down, scrolling all the way to the bottom right of the page.
Once it is all highlighted, right click and choose copy or use CTRL C

Open a word document.

Right click in the document and choose paste or use CTRL V

Once you are done it should look like this:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/THE1SXQ5OW5ubVZMWEE9PQ

It works the same as if you were copy/pasting a regular word document.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »

It worked! - I have one ANN saved - only 80 pages to go!!!!  Purple Banana Laughing

Philly - I just highlighted the thread, copied, went to Word, and pasted - even the photos copied  Clapping I started with the most recent ANN.

Michelle - if they are saved in Word, will Michaelbe able tell someone who is computer illerate (ME!) how to get them onto a new site?

Laughing

We were cross-posting.

This will take some time - what should I do, and how much time do we have? Should we try to save them, or just let everyone save what is most important to them as individuals? Opinions???

I don't know how much time we have, possibly 48 hours or less. I really don't know.  Paranoid The best thing is if people could post here what they are saving so we don't have several people saving the same thing. We want to get as much copied as possible.

Hold onto the documents. To recreate the threads you will have to create a thread and then just keep making a reply copy/pasting each individual post. Perhaps bolding at the top who posted it and the date they posted it.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 08:18:54 PM »

Michelle - I will work on the ANNs as much as possible - I am going to start with the oldest ones first - Deannna worked too hard for too  many years for the early things to be lost. I will only be able to work a few hours tomorrow morning (we have plans tomorrow afternoon and night), and will be gone to real estate school on Wednesday (I can work on this WEdnesday evening after I get home) - don't know how many I can move in such a short time. Sounds like the site may not be here by Thursday.

If someone is working on saving the ANNs, please just email me on what pages you will work on - Michelle is right - no need for more than one person to sve the same things.

I'm not going to save anything tonight, so if someone will just p.m. me by morning, maybe we can coordinate. If someone can work tonight and start with the earliest ANNs, I will pick up where they left off tomorrow.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 08:23:28 PM »

I just saved the PBS recaps that our members wrote.

Saved Clay's career highlights...

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 03:52:03 AM »

I wish I had the capacity on this computer to help save, I just don't, makes me feel helpless.  This is like a computer crash to me, losing the memories in all the archived threads of my home thread sickens me, memories lost
Thanks to everyone helping salvage what they can

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 04:41:16 AM »

I'm happy to help save. I can start with the Memorial Threads if no one else has.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Pauluka96
UltimateFan

Holder of Clay's Pepper Shaker

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 05:08:11 AM »

I am so saddened to think that there are people out there who are so evil. What in the heck could they possibly find interesting to their "cause" here. Thanks you all for all you do.

Keeper of Clay's Adams Apple
Keeper of the pepper shaker
Keeper of Clay's T shirt and I am never going to give it back
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 05:28:36 AM »

THIS MAKES ME SO SAD.  MY COMPUTER IS 10 YEARS OLD.  NOT SURE4 WHAT I CAN SAVE.  I WILL TRY TO SAVE THE LATEST CRITICAL MASS.  WITH ALL THAT IS GOING ON WITH BARRY, IT ALL DEPENDS ON HOW HE IS TODAY.  WILL LET YOU KNOW WITHIN AN HOUR OR 2. 

MICHAEL--THANKS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 05:55:52 AM »

LINDSAY, thanks so much for saving the Memorial Thread.  I feel this is the most important thread of all.  Do not want to leave our past members behind, they are and always will be a very important part of our lives.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 06:13:51 AM »

I FEEL REALLY SAD RIGHT NOW WE HAVE SHARED SO MUCHOVER THE PAST 7 YEARS SOME HAPPY SOME SAD,MADETHIS A GOOD SITE, THANK YOU TO THOSE SAVING THINGS UNFORETUNATELY MY COMPUTER IS OLD AND WILL NOT HOLD STUFF. NOT SURE HOW TO DO IT EITHER.I AM SURE WE WILL BE OK  JUST HAVE TO HOPE FOR THE BEST, I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY. Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2010, 07:02:14 AM »

Can someone show me how to save threads, since My home computer is Windows xp 2002 I don't have windows 7. I  tried last night to save some ANN's and it didn't  work...

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 07:08:32 AM »

Philly ...what you do is highlight the portion you plan to save...go up and select copy...from the menu on your computer...or the keystroke combo if you know it...and then open a Word document...and go to the edit menu and click on paste...or again, the keystroke combo that applies.  Then you save as usual.  When I copied one page of CM...it took awhile for my computer to accept it...and I've got a very fast one...so this activity will take some time.  I did save the PBS recaps...and Clay highlights...I did that post by post...rather than a page of a thread at at time...that was faster.

I've been a little unsure what is most important to save next...if anyone has ideas...let me know...I'll be out most of the day today for doctors appointments...but if the site is still working I should be able to assist again later on in the early evening...

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:37 AM »

I will try to start saving all the Critical Mass Threads starting from the oldest. I wish we had more time.

I saved a couple of things last night, but seven years worth of stuff is a long time.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx