gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:38:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 193
Total: 193

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PBS Special Filming Reports 3-12-10  (Read 16564 times)
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 10:25:32 AM »

You are welcome everyone. I wish everyone could had been there. It was a very special night. Feel for you guys that have to wait a few months to see this with no clack. I didn't see anyone get kicked out with a camera but glad though they respected the rules. I would love audio of these songs live. He sounded so perfect. Be interesting to hear how differant it might be on the CD. His spark was very much back big time Linds. Smile Oh and he did have his snark and sense of humor in full force too. Laughing Glad he got to talk a lot too as well as sing. Hope we can see some extra's on the DVD.

Gwenn and Jill were flying home today so maybe they'll be here to fill you in more soon. I got to see everyone but Irene. Got to see Cindy for a min while we were waiting in line for our seats. Yep! The NC gals are the best. Loved meeting Betty for the 1st time. Sat next to her at dinner. She was a delight and so sweet. Hope to see you all again at a concert this summer and hope to meet you sometime too Prissy.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 10:44:53 AM »

My biggest, selfish wish was that I'd wake up today and know I'd missed something special and feel some regret for it.

I have. And I'm glad.

I've just wanted the spark back. Both on his side and mine.

Looking forward now to CD and the special!

Absolutely love that quote, LINDSAY!  Thank you!   Huggles  That about sums it up for me, too.   It's a bittersweet regret for having missed this concert, but now I know that I can't wait to go to at least one concert this summer!! 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the great recaps.  I am thrilled to hear how successful the show was.  But am so sorry "Suspicious Minds" isn't on the new CD.  I can just hear Clay singing that song in my mind.  Yipes, I bet it was wonderful.  Do you think they will sell a DVD of this concert after it airs???????????? 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »

A few more things. That song with the dancers was called Eso Beso, Ohh your kiss by Paul Anka. I never heard of it. It was hot! The other Elvis song he sang was You Don't Have to Say You Love Me. He sang Misty and thought that was beautiful. Moon River was last and it was a cool fog effect around him. Have to say again UM was breathtaking. That last high note was just Wow!!!! You could tell he loved singing this type of songs. It was hilarious him, Ruben and Quiana sang Baby got Back, Poker Face, Tic Toc, Straight Up, Crazy, Maneater, PLay THat Funky Music White Boy and Can't Touch This. Laughing

Reed was there with his mom but I didn't see him but lot's of fans got to meet him and get pics of him. I wouldn't had done that but he sounded nice and gracious. They stayed at the Marriott. Also Jamie was there, Brett, Faye, Nick's mom, Uncle Jerry, Diane, and Aaron. Jaymes wasn't there.

Looking forward to hearing what the others thought and they get back safely.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 01:26:43 PM »

Thank you, Johanna, for this Thread  Huggles

Wonderful recap, Tiffany!  Clapping Clapping Clapping Now I just have to worry about whether my PBS station will carry this concert!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else as they get back to their homes.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 01:54:52 PM »

I checked with Michelle and she said it was okay to post these pictures from last night. I believe they are the same ones Johanna originally posted.

All photos courtesy of the Associated Press and found on Yahoo!

Picture One
Picture Two
Picture Three
Picture Four

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 03:58:22 PM »

I AM BACK.  I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START.

THE TRIP DOWN WAS EASY.  SUNNY AND MICHELLE MET US AND ARE INCREDIBLE, INCREDIBLE.  LUNCH.  JUST BEING TOGETHER. 

CHECKED INTO THE HOTEL RIGHT BEHIND REED AND HIS MOM.  I THINK IT WAS AMAZING THAT REED'S MOM CAME ALL THAT WAY TO SUPPORT REED'S PARTNER.  AFTER A DEATH IN THE FAMILY.  SPEAKS VOLUMES OF THE KIND OF PERSON SHE IS.

MET MARLENE, BARB, BETTY, AND MARILYN.  THEN TIFFANY AND SOME OF MARLENE'S FAMILY FOR A SOUTHERN DINNER. 

NOW THE IMPORTANT STUFF.  I DIDN'T READ TIFFANY'S BECAUSE I WANT THIS TO BE MY OWN.

THE VENUE WAS BEAUTIFUL.  THE SEATS WE HAD WERE AMAZING.  I SAT NEXT TO DIANE BUBEL.  SHE IS A LOVELY WOMAN AND ABSOLUTELY ADORES CLAY.  SHE KEPT SAYING HOW SHE WAS SO NERVOUS FOR HIM.  HOW SHE WANTED THIS TO BE THE BEST THING EVER FOR HIM AND HOW HE DESERVED THE BEST.  IT WAS TOUCHING.  I REALLY LIKED HER.  WE CHATTED HERE AND THERE DURING THE SHOW.  REED AND HIS MOM WERE IN THE ROW IN FRONT OF US.  TO THE RIGHT.  TOO MANY FANS TOOK IT UPON THEMSELVES TO "MEET" REED.  I THOUGHT IT WAS TERRIBLE.  JEROME  CAME OVER TO REED AND GAVE HIM A HUGE HUG.  AS DID JAMIE AND SEVERAL OTHERS.  BUT NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON FROM CLAY'S FAMILY INCLUDING FAYE SAID A THING TO EITHER REED OR HIS MOM.  I THOUGHT THAT WAS AWFUL. 

THE SHOW.  CLAY WAS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HEARD HIM.  HIS VOICE WAS PERFECT.  RICH.  STRONG.  WONDERFUL.  THE STAGING WAS SO PROFESSIONAL.  BEAUTIFUL LIGHTING, ETC.  WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT FOR CLAY.  RCA NEVER DID THIS FOR HIM.  SIMON RENSHAW WAS THERE.

HE WAS SOOO NERVOUS WHEN HE STARTED BANTERING.  HE KNEW HE WAS RAMBLING AND SAID HOW GLAD HE WAS THERE WAS SUCH A THING AS EDITING.  AS THE SHOW WENT ON, HE BECAME LESS NERVOUS AND MORE HIMSELF.  LOVED WHAT HE DID WITH THIS WOMAN WHO TOOK 4 BUSES FROM NEBRASKA.  MOVED HER SEAT AND THANKED HER.  SHE WAS ADORABLE.  THAT WAS SO CLAY.

YOU KNOW THE SET LIST.  MTK WAS SOOOO GOOD.  GREAT WAY TO START THE SHOW.  I WENT CRAZY WHEN SM STARTED.  OMG, IT WAS MY FAVORITE SONG FROM THE JBT.  I LLLOOOOVVVEEEEDDDD IT.  CRYING WAS SUPERB.  HIS VOICE BLENDED SO WELL WITH LINDA ETTER.  BUTTERCUP WAS FUN.  I COULD HAVE LIVED WITHOUT MISTY AND IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. 

BUT, EVEN WITH THE SLOWER SONGS, HE MADE THEM DIFFERENT THAN ANYONE ELSE.  JAZZY.  VERY BEAUTIFUL.  UM WAS SO DIFFERENT AND I LOVED IT.  MR, WITH THE SMOKE, WAS LOVELY. 

LADIES, I SNUCK A PEAK WITH BINOCS.  JUST A COUPLE LITTLE ONES.  HE LOOKED STUNNING.  THE PROFESSIONAL ONES ARE TOO SMALL FOR ME TO REALLY TELL.  I NEED SOMEONE TO EN LARGE THEM.  MICHELLE? 

AS A TEACHER, THE TRIBUTE TO HIS FORMER TEACHERS TOUCHED MY SOUL.  I NEVER HEARD OF AN ENTERTAINER DOING THIS.  AND WITH A BEATLES SONG.  PERFECT FOR ME. 

RUBEN WAS STRONG AND SOUNDED GREAT.  AS DID QUIANA.

THERE IS NOTHING I DIDN'T LOVE.  YES, I LIKED THE UPTEMPO MORE BUT THAT ISN'T ANY SURPRISE CAUSE MOST PEOPLE LIKE UPTEMPO MORE.  BUT, THAT BEING SAID, CLAY LOVES TO SING BALLADS SO IT IS TO BE EXPECTED.

AS HE SANG THE LOVE SONGS, I WONDERED WHAT REED MUST HAVE FELT.  HOW AMAZING TO KNOW THAT THOSE SONGS WERE BEING SUNG TO OR ABOUT HIM.  LUCKY MAN.

I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW THEY ARE GONNA EDIT THIS.  BUT I DO KNOW THAT THIS SHOW WILL BE A SUCCESS.  NO ONE CAN DENY THIS MAN'S TALENT.  HIS VOICE IS UNMATCHED.  I CANNOT IMAGINE A BAD REVIEW.  NOT FROM ANYONE.  EVEN THE N&O.

I HAVE TO TEND TO BARRY.  MORE AS I THINK OF IT.

THIS WAS ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS IN THE FANDOM THAT I TREASURE ALONG WITH MY M&G, OPENING AND CLOSING OF SPAM, THE FIRST JBT SHOW, AND ABOUT 5 OTHERS.  THOSE WHO DIDN'T ATTEND ARE IN FOR A TREAT WHEN IT AIRS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2010, 04:27:49 PM »

Gwenn, loved your recap Clapping Clapping I'm just so happy for him, this is huge

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »

GWENN THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR RECAP.

DOESN'T SURPRISE ME ONE BIT FAYE SNUBING REED AND HIS MOM.SHOWS THE DIFFERENCES QUITE CLEARLY DOESN'T IT.

SO GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME I HAVE READ RECAPS FROM 3 BOARDS EVERYONE IS IN AGREEMENT CLAY WAS FANTASTIC. FOR THE CLAYNATION THIS ITSELF IS HUGE.

MICHELLE AND SUNNY WE NEED IMPUT FROM YOU AND MARLENE. AND BETTY AND BARB AND ALL WHO WENT.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 05:03:06 PM »

Thank you, ladies, for the wonderful recaps.  Sounds like the night was a big success.   Purple Banana

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »

I really appreciated your recap, GWENN.  And I look forward to recaps from the others';  but please, no pressure OK?   We'll be here when you are ready to share.  I'm not going anywhere!!!  Laughing

I am so sad to hear about the snub of Reed and his mother  by Faye, et al.  Surely they aren't so ignorant as to believe that Reed is responsible for Clay being gay???  Or are they?  Very sad.  I'm sure this is tough for Clay to deal with, as well.  I'm sure he feels conflicted.  OK, Faye has a right to be unhappy about her son's sexuality, but I would think she would put her son's feelings ahead of her personal agenda.  That's what a good mother does.  But, then again, I've never had much respect for her as a mother.

THE STAGING WAS SO PROFESSIONAL.  BEAUTIFUL LIGHTING, ETC.  WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT FOR CLAY.  RCA NEVER DID THIS FOR HIM.  SIMON RENSHAW WAS THERE.
I love hearing that!  

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 05:34:11 PM »

Hi All,

I don't have words to tell you how wonderful the show was...My,Oh My Clay was in perfect form,he was snarky.handsome,and his voice sounded fantastic. We have our BF back,and I just wish you all could have been there to experience it all.

One of my favorite things,was when the curtain came up,and there he stood in the middle of the stage with his back to the audience,the lights low,and you could see him outlined in the lights (with his foot on the heel pointing upward,typical Clay))and the music started playing and he turned around and started singing Mack The Knife...The crowd went wild. It was almost electrical in the auditorium...There he was,at long last..

When he came in the audience ,looking for Sandy from NEB, he was 4 rows down from where Barbara & I were sitting,and believe me, he is quite beathtaking..His eyes are so green especially with the spotlights shining in them..His skin so smooth,the eyes, his broad shoulders,and the lips...Oh ,I think I have said enough Thud!

I am definetly,( a almost 70 yr old woman )infatuated with a 31 yr old gay man..What does that tell you. I don't feel to bad because the auditorium was filled with a lot of us who feel the same way.

I'm sure you all know by now what he was wearing ,how his hair looked,but there is something magical just being in the same room with Clay..It is an experience I will not forget, and I can't wait to see the PBS special and to listen to his new album.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »

Mimi you crack me up!!  Gwenn thank you for the recap - sooooo cannot wait for the PBS Special!!!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 07:58:50 PM »

Shelley saw Brett pick up Reed and his Mom today from the hotel.  I do hope that Faye has been able to appreciate what Reed means to Clay.  Perhaps Clay's grandmother is the one having to still process it all.  Shelley sat in front of Clay's family...right in front of Faye, his grandmother was next to her, then Brett and Jamie...Reed and his mother were in the same row, across the aisle.  I've met Faye...she was so warm and gracious. 

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 08:58:22 PM »

Glad everyone has arrived safe and sound on this horrendous rainstormy day the NE (at least) has been experiencing.

You girls who went are the best reporters. To the point and exactly on task to what the rest of us wanted to know..Thanks for sharing!!!..

I'm so glad it went well and sounds like he will have a terrific kickoff to this new turn in his career. I can't wait unit it airs....

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2010, 07:05:03 AM »

I have been trying to figure out what to say and I can not begin to write any better reviews than all the people who have already posted.  They have covered everything and it was not exaggerated--it was all true.

The one thing I can say is that I understand why many of you were not able to attend but I do wish all of Clay's fans could have been there to see him Friday night -- HE WAS JUST THAT GOOD.

From the moment we walked into the auditorium there was a different feeling.  It was almost like we walked into a different place and I don't know if it was the lighting, the smoky atmosphere, the excitement or whatever -- but it seemed different from walking into the normal concert venue.  Of course, this was no ordinary show and we soon learned out why. 

The show was magical.   From the time the curtain went up and Clay was standing with his back to us in the middle of the stage until the very last note, it was a show like no other I have ever seen.  I have never been to Las Vegas but I could just imaging this show playing there.

The set, the lighting, the musicians -- everything was place exactly right to showcase one thing -- Clay was the star.  He seemed to exude an air of confidence when he walked around the stage but, to me, did not seem to be the least bit arrogant or cocky.  He was just where he belonged--AND HE OWNED THAT STAGE.

Then when he started to sing -- there is no question that whether it was the jaw surgery, the break he took last year or whatever -- there is nothing wrong with is voice.  It was strong and beautiful.   The one major contributing factor could be that the skeletons are gone and he is happy and it certainly showed in his performance.

Now, did I love all the songs that he sang--not yet but I’m hoping that they will grow on me.  I was so sorry to read that SM will not be on the CD because he brought the house down when he sang it.  The lighting changed to bright red that kept time with the beat and it was fantastic.

I will post the rest of my comments about the weekend over in CM

To quote Gwenn -- I love that man

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2010, 08:28:18 AM »

GWENN, MARLENE AND BARBARA ~  Clapping Clapping

Loved each of your recaps.  I enjoyed the descriptions regarding how the show "opened".  Love how it feels during that first instant that you see Clay on stage!   Never disappointing! 

It was such a special performance and I'm so glad that you all were actually there "live"!

Thanks for sharing the experience in detail, including the special Claymaniac get-togethers!   Huggles

Waiting for news of an opportunity to experience Clay singing to us this summer (any place, any time)!  Counting on seeing many of your sweet and friendly faces in the process!  Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 11:43:52 AM »

My excitement started to build up when I saw the venue foyer jammed packed
          wirh people chattering and breathlessly awaiting for the big moment The doors opened,
           and there was a surge of people looking for their seats.  THIS WAS THE MOMENT!!!!

Our first glimse of Clay was this tall, slim figure with his back to us. Then he turned
            and the audience went wild. The first few notes and I felt I was going to burst with pride
              and love for this man. All I could think was WOW!!!!! HE"S BACK!!

Gwenn,MIMI, Tiffany and Barb have done such a wonderful job of covering the songs
                and show I can only agree. To me the whole thing was done so beautifully and professionally.

At last someone gets Clay!!!The only complaint I have it was over too quickly.

It was worth 28 hours on the train, and then some.

Can"t wait for the PBS broadcast and DVD.

Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 11:49:49 AM »

Thea,
              I do think that Faye showed a lack of good manners, not at least greeting Reed"s mother.

After all, his mother had visited Raleigh to see and support Faye"s son.

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »

Tiffany,
                       I loved meeting you. You really are a little sweetheart.

Hope to see you again soon.

Betty
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx