gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 445
Total: 445

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 137  (Read 231464 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #440 on: March 17, 2010, 07:40:11 AM »

JoAnn, love your pictures of your irish travels Clapping can you please explain why you have to lie on your back to kiss the blarney stone???
Prissy, I do think it's Roma singing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #441 on: March 17, 2010, 09:50:31 AM »

SHARON,  you started our day off so beautiful.  Hope you are feeling better today.  Wished you would stay in the house another day and eat lots of hot soup.

JOANN,  you and PRISSY and DUDLEY, my Texas friends really have shown me what friendship can be like.   You still have so many friends after 30 some  years that is wonderful.  I loved  your Ireland pictures.  I don't think some can see real good how you had to lay on your back to kiss that Blarney stone.   You deserved a medal for that!!! 

PRISSY, hot spinach salad sounds wonderful.  I hardly ever buy anything with spinach seeing that there is so much problems with it.  Seems they are always finding something wrong with it.  I should grow my own I guess.  Does Macaroni Grill make their own Pasta?  Have you seen the box mixes by them. it is where the Hamburger Helper is.  I have bought two of them but still  haven't cooked them.

HER, where are you Jayne???????

Can't believe that BOCA  has left us for good but I guess she has.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #442 on: March 17, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »

Sharon,

The Blarney "Stone" is actually a small part of the castle wall jutted out from the top of the castle.  It is part of a "window/arch" cut out.  The walk about on top of the castle is approx. 100 feet above the ground.  
   The only way up to the top is a pie-shape staircase inside a tower that is so narrow, you can touch the walls all the way up with both arms flat from the palms to the elbows.  Then, when you reach the top, you must walk all the way around the top to the opposite side from where you came up.  The stones are very slick from hundreds of years of weathering.
    They lay you  down on your back and "push" you out from the wall several inches.  You then have to look upward once your under the arch outer wall.  To kiss it, you raise your head up several inches.  It's scary because as you go out from the ledge, you can see the tops of  the trees and realize that you are hanging from a ledge 100 feet above the ground you see.
  The photo you see on the bottom left of my post shows the top of the castle.  The metal bars are guides for your hands.  The helper lays you down on a rug, takes one hand at a time and places it on those bars and "gently" scoots you from the ledge.  He holds your ankles down so you don't slip! doh

It was fun, did it once but not twice.  Ireland is gorgeous and just like you think, is Emerald Green. We were there for two weeks.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #443 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:31 AM »

Pepe,

Have you had your Irish Soda Bread, corn beef and cabbage yet?   I made us some boiled cabbage for later today but no corn beef.  I'm afraid that I would eat too much of it.   I just boiled the cabbage with a beef bullion cube for flavor.
   It is a gorgeous day today.  Mom is feeling better yet I've chosen not to go out(at least not yet).  I'm trying to stay off my foot as much as I can until the doctor sees it Friday.
   I take Mom in the morning to have the  new hearing aides checked for a weekly  update on how they're doing.  It is a 9:30 appointment.  I'm still going to go on line tomorrow and possibly see how good the tickets look for Reno.  It starts noon our time period.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #444 on: March 17, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »

wave

I'm home from school!  Clapping I'm finished with the required stuff for the year, but I may begin studying for my Brokers' license on line. That way, I can study and take  practice tests when it is convenient for me. I would still have to go take the final test in person.

Pepe - Son took me out to lunch. I had a freash spinach salad that, in addition to the spinach, contained grilled chicken breast, strawberries, cantelope, honey dew melon, and pecans. It was topped with an orange salad dressing. I am trying to figure out what that dressing contained other than orange juice - it was delicious!

JoAnn - I'm enjoying the photos and the trip to Ireland.

Prissy - hope you do get photos of your green food  Laughing

Glory - hope your tests turn out well.

I'm off to spend some time with the boys - we may run to town, then I am going to try to save a few more ANN Threads.

Have a great afternoon - see all of you later.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2010, 02:39:29 PM »

FRANKIE, what a fabulous lunch. I bet the plate looked gorgeous with all that color.  Was the dressing real sweet like a poppyseed dressing.  Was it a thick dressing like they would use with yogurt or mayonnaise or thin like they would use with a oil?  What a wonderful meal for summertime!!!!!!!! 

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #446 on: March 17, 2010, 02:51:14 PM »

JOANN, just finished my fabulous dinner of corn beef, cabbage, Yukon Gold potatoes, and carrots.   The soda bread turned out great.  I ate tons and tons it is like I couldn't stop.  I kept telling myself if you stop eating long enough  you will feel full, but I didn't stop it tasted to good.  Tomorrow it will be grilled Rueben sandwiches.  I did what FRANKIE suggested though and cooked my cabbage separate and the last hour I put it in the crock pot with the corn beef and veggies.  Made a little horseradish sauce for the corn beef and it was so good.   You know that takes guts JoAnn to just climb to the Blarney Stone much less kiss the darn thing.   Laughing

GLORY, what in the world are you up to,  you are awfully quiet.

DUDLEY, tests at the hospital turned out fine at least the EKG did.  Hope you had another beautiful day.  We had another day of 61 degrees,  unheard of we are afraid what the summer might be like as the weather is so unusual.

BETTY, so very sorry your not feeling well.  You have to be exhausted though.  I am impressed at how strong you are and all you do. 

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #447 on: March 17, 2010, 03:03:41 PM »

wave

Pepe - the dressing was like a poppy seed dressing - it definitely did not have any mayonnaise in it. I had a sweet taste, and was light orange in color - it tasted like an orange, and it was on the menu as their "special orange dressing".

Your supper sounds wonderful. Since we had our corn beef a few days ago, I have steaks marinating. We have been really, really busy, and I wanted to cook a good supper since Lewis has had to care for the boys as well as doing all of the work the last couple of days. He's been wonderful about me sitting here at the computer for the site. The house is a wreck, and there is laundry to be done, but he doesn't care  Clapping

Betty -  Huggles feel better soon.

Glory - are you back from the doctor??? If so, check in, please!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #448 on: March 17, 2010, 04:15:42 PM »

nixweiss

I just came in . I am so glad I did. I had no idea what was happening and still don't really.  Just the few posts I have
read.  I don't know how to say how sad I am that I haven't   been posting for so long. It isn't that I haven't been thinking about all of you , I have. Remember when I broke three fingers
on my left hand. About 3 0r 4 weeks later my whole hand
went numb. I had such a hard time typing because I couldn't
feel the keys. It is just now that I am getting some of the feeling back. To be honest I joined facebook for a friend. I have a farm
over there to take care of. I couldn't do that either so my nephew
took over it for me. Now he wants to keep it. And I am glad he
wants it. It is to time consuming.  I was so happy that now I
could come back.  Are we going to lose the OCD ?   And if we do,
does that mean the end of the OCD?  Or will we have another ssite? I just don't know what is happening. Is there a place I can read about this?  I am praying that everything will work out.   Huggles

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2010, 04:44:50 PM »

Frankie and Prissy, where are we gonna talk about DWTS

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #450 on: March 17, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »

Ooops, forgot the sister site has a fun stuff forum blush

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #451 on: March 17, 2010, 04:51:54 PM »

wave

Carol - we are to have a new site - it will just take time to get everything up and running.

Sharon - yep, we have the temporary site to use if there is a gap between this site and the new one. I will go save the DWTS Thread right now - Lindsay taught me how to save a whole thread in just a few seconds! (It is taking a long time with the ANN, though, because each day - over 2,000 of them!) counts as a separate thread!!!!!

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #452 on: March 17, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »

Great idea to save that thread Frankie Clapping

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #453 on: March 17, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »

DWTS is saved - has anybody saved the Pet Thread????

Garden Thread???

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #454 on: March 17, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »

If anyone has a special, personal thread that they want saved, please let me know. I will put them on my computer for now. (If you post on other threads, please move thi over). I did put it on Critical Mass. I just saved my two Meet and Greet Threads from the Juke Box Tour archives. (I had one before my M & G, and one after). I probably won't put them on the new site, but at least I have them!!!!

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #455 on: March 17, 2010, 06:02:26 PM »

I got 7 pages of the orginal OCD thread saved, right mr. philly needs the computer.   Is there a specail OCD thread that all of you want saved? Let me know.. Huggles

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #456 on: March 17, 2010, 06:33:47 PM »

Sharon - I was wrong about the DWTS Thread - although it all saved, only the front page will be there when the site goes down - Lindsay showed me how to look at the top of the page to see that the address was not the same as Page 1. So it will just have to go - I'm sorry!

Philly - 10 pages of the ANN are copied - the first 10, wich is about 250 days. I will try to do more, as real life permits. Wish I knew how much time we have. If you've goten the first OCD Threads I think that is the most important. (But I lurked for the first 6 months I was a member of this site - maybe someone who has been here from the start has a special Thread they want saved).

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #457 on: March 17, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »

WELL GOOD EVENING.I JUST GOT IN FROM CHURCH  WENT TO GET MY BLOOD DRAWN THIS MORNING,JUST ROUTINE STUFF I HAVE DONE QUITE OFTEN. HAVE NOT DONE MUCH TODAY ,BEEN EXPECTING TO COME HERE AND FIND US GONE. I WISH I COULD HELP SOME HOW BUT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO. THANK YOU PEPE AND FRANKIE FOR ASKING ABOUT ME,I AM OK,

TODAYS THE 8TH ANNIVERSARY OF MY DADDY'S DEATH I RELLY REALLY MISS HIM. HE WAS SO KIND. KINDA SAD DAY.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Anniebell
Claymaniac

God Bless The USA !

« Reply #458 on: March 17, 2010, 07:18:10 PM »

Clapping
 Thanks Frankie, happy to hear there will be a new site! Super Happy!!!

In the Cookies of Life
Friends are the Chocolate Chips !! Cookie
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #459 on: March 17, 2010, 08:03:28 PM »

MAY I INQUIRE AS TO 'WHY' A BRAND NEW SITE HAS TO COME ABOUT????

WE WERE HACKED INTO....NOT THE FIRST TIME....IT'S OVER....WHY MOVE....WHY NOT JUST CONTINUE ON AS YOU HAVE BEEN SINCE THIS LAST HACK JOB.....CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN????

PEPE                                                    
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx