gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 308
Total: 308

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 137  (Read 231726 times)
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #340 on: March 13, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »

FRANKIE RECAPS ALL OVER THE BOARDS.ONE LADY AT CV GAVE JAMIE A PR. OF RED OLYMPIC MITTENS TO GIVE TO CLAY TO GIVE TO PARKER. AWE, HOW CUTE IS THAT.

I GOT MY UMBRELA BARELY Paranoid I WENT TO WALMART TO FIND A UMBERLLA THEY HAD THE ONE ON DISPLAY FOR 30.00 THE ONE IN THE BOX WAS 80.00 IT WAS LAST YEARS MODEL.  Laughing  THE DISPLY. I ASK THE GUY WHY THERE WAS A 50.00 PRICE DIFFERENCE HE SAID HE DIDN'T KNOW I TOOK THE DISPLAY AND RAN WITH IT. WE LAUGHED SO HARD. AT FIRST THEY TOLD ME THEY DID NOT HAVE ANYMORE. THEN THEY SAID I COULD HAVE THE DISPLAY THEN THEY FOUND ONE IN THE BOX I FOLLOWED THE GUY ALL OVER WALMART I NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD. ANYWAY I AM THROUGH. I AM HAVING GUILT PAINS OVER THIS I COULD HAVE USED THAT MONEY ESLEWHERE BUT I GOT A NICE SET, NOT SURE WHY I DO NOT FEEL LIKE I DESERVE STUFF.  SOMETIMES PUT ME LAST. COMES FROM YEARS OF MAKING DO. Laughing

I GOT A NEW BELT, CLOCK, 2 SKILLETS, AND A NEW PURSE BOY I WENT KINDA WILD.. Laughing

ITS COLD AND DAMP HERE AGAIN. I AM BACK IN MY PJS I WOULD LIVE IN THEM IF I COULD. WELL I AM JUST RAMBLING SO WILL TTYL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #341 on: March 13, 2010, 02:51:16 PM »

GLORY, just keep telling yourself you deserve nice things for once in your life, you only live once and that money  was given to you  so don't feel guilty about buying yourself nice things.  Glad you got the umbrella you will need it with the hot Kentucky afternoons and Callie will like laying under the shade of it too.

FRANKIE, how wonderful that Lewis bought tomato plants.  DUDLEY said she had some planted also and is hoping to get tomatoes before it gets hot in June.  Me I am not having a garden, can't bend over to plant or take care of anything I am afraid.  It will be nice for me to be able to get outside and get fresh air everyday but terribly frusturating to not be able to plant or weed.  Gardening was pretty much my  life for so many years.

I am so happy that Clay's concert seems to have gone so well.  I have to admit I have been hard on him maybe because some of his actions have hurt my  feelings but it sounds like he has been practicing and maybe taking care of that voice of his.  The pictures that Lindsay posted shows that he looks healthy  and very happy.  I wish him so much success and can't wait for the CD to come out.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #342 on: March 13, 2010, 03:26:32 PM »

Good  Afternoon Everyone,

The afternoon has been elevating my foot and resting/watching television.  Mom and Sammy ended up taking a 2 hour nap!

Pepe--I rode the cart at Sam's Club.  No one would race, so I just did a "solo" tour of the place while Mom picked up her prescription list for the new doctor! lmao  I'm practicing to meet you on the next course! lmao

It stayed sunny and beautiful all day.  Started out with a jacket and ended up in the back seat of the car most of the time while we were out.
  We stopped at Luby's to bring home our lunch.  Mom order liver and onions!   I had one of their new "build" a premire salad.  I liked mine, can't stand liver and onions!

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #343 on: March 13, 2010, 04:55:45 PM »

wave

I have to say that Meesa did not plan her wedding well!!  lmao She missed Clay's concert, and now Kansas is playing in a conference Championship against Kansas State on TV - a really close game! Knowing How Meesa loves Kansas, they may be watching the game at the reception!  Laughing

Pepe - Lewis has just worn himself out today. We did not go to the play because he is so tired. He cut broccoli, and also harvested carrotts and radishes from the garden today.

JoAnn - Lewis and Pepe will have to go to Luby's with Jeannie some day - they both like liver - and neither should eat it because of their gout! I do cook liver occasionally because Lewis' gout is controlled well by medication. As I've said before, I would not cook liver for anyone else in the world.  Glad you are practicing for the race to come - hope I get to see it!

I thought about Woody today - her Illini lost a great game in double overtime - bet she was watching it, too. Lewis tried to help them win - he even wore the Illini shirt that Woody gave him.  Laughing I do love March Madness!

Glory - glad to hear that recaps are coming in - I did find the concert thread in Clay Daily. Clapping I'm so glad that Clay did so well, and that everyone enjoyed seeing him. Can't wait to read what Betty has to say  You should NEVER feel guilty for buying nice things for yourself. If your children were starving, it would be different. But they all have nice families and should have everything they need on their own.

See all of you later, if I can!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #344 on: March 13, 2010, 07:43:23 PM »

Good Evening!

I really enjoyed the play about the string quartet, "Opus."   My friend and I especially appreciated the quartet music played in the background and a lot of the "goings on" among the players.  At the very end, there was a scuffle between the viola player and the first violin player over a violin.  The cello player took the violin and smashed it over a chair! shock  My friend and I both jumped in our seats at that!  After the play, I was talking to the man in charge of the theater and he said they got the violins from someone who makes violins and used violins that were not finished!  It was still a jolt to see a violin smashed to smithereens!   Paranoid

I stopped by JoAnn and Jennie's to compare my new brownish jacket to JoAnn's and they are different, so.....we won't look like twins if we wear them at the same time!  Laughing  Jennie is looking good and JoAnn's foot has a new bandage on it;  wrapped from her toes to up her ankle a ways. 

Exciting to read about Clay's success at the taping yesterday.  I do hope that my local PBS station will air this special.  Maybe it will be part of a PBS fund raiser and the DVD of the performance will be available to contributors! 

I hope everyone has a restful evening!  Remember, you are losing an hour of sleep tonight!  off to bed

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #345 on: March 14, 2010, 04:21:16 AM »

SO WHAT TIME IS IT  lmao lmao EVERY YEAR I GO THROUGH THIS I WENT TO COLLEGE DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I EVEN SET MY CLOCKS YESTERDAY I AM JUST NOT SURE I SET THEM RIGHT. Laughing

JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #346 on: March 14, 2010, 06:59:20 AM »

Good  Morning Everyone,

Glory-- wave  Don't know the time in your area.  I wish I could say, "It's Howdy Dowdy Time!"  I absolutely loved that show growing up.

Sharon--- I snuck a banana in here for breakfast.  Hope you're feeling better today.

It's going to the low 70's today.  I'm hoping that we're finished with the cold weather.  We always hold off setting out new plants because as soon as we do, we can get a late cold front.  Although the plant places are placing ads like crazy, we'll resist until after Easter.

I'm wearing all green to church today in honor of tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day.  I have on ONE  Shamrock sock, the foot without the boot, light green slacks and a bright green jacket.  Oh yes, I also have my "Ms. Green M&M watch with a green band.

If my foot doesn't hurt too much, Mom and I "might" go to Stein Mart after church today.  This is were Prissy bought her darling jackets.  I bought my Gala jacket there and I would like to get a spring one for church and dressy occasions. 
  Prissy stopped by last evening and showed us her new jackets.  They are very cute!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Our schools are on spring break this week.  I hoping to stay away from malls, movies etc until after they go back to school.  My cousin Randy, from Rockport, crinches this time of year.  Thousands of college kids hit their beaches.  Drinking, open "hanky  panky", thrash left, etc.  Families stay away from the beach during this week. 

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #347 on: March 14, 2010, 07:48:22 AM »

Thanks JoAnn, I'm still kinda feeling punky, got a dang cough now I bet you look great in all your green Glory did you figure out what time it was yet???

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #348 on: March 14, 2010, 09:14:31 AM »

wave

I'm going to notice the time of my post as I post this - I can't remember if the site automatically changes with daylight savings time. It is supposed to be near 70 here today, and every day for the next week, too. But as JoAnn said, we always have a cold snap around Easter (last year we had one after Easter), so I am going to try to talk Lewis out of planting anything in the garden at least for 2 more weeks - that will be hard to do!

Wonder when Betty will be getting home? I'm going over to the concert thread to see if she has had a chance to post.

Happy Sunday, everyone - see you later. I'm going to work in and around the house today to try to get ready for a busy week ahead.

EDIT - the time on the Board is correct - it is 11:15 a.m. here!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #349 on: March 14, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »

Good Morning!

I did change the clock beside my bet, but we still missed Sunday School;  just couldn't get up in time!!   We just finished breakfast.  Sharon, since you are under the weather, I will share with everyone what we just had:  Pillsbury Grand biscuits with egg and Louis Rich turkey bacon, hot chocolate with marshmallows and cranberry/grape juice;  also Hostess honey nut cereal with blueberries!! 

As I said, my friend from the quartet and I really enjoyed the play yesterday.  It was written by a viola player so that is why it was so "accurate" in many aspects.  I'm still thinking about that poor violin being smashed!  When I was teaching, we would see students buy or rent some violins that were not very good;  Chinese or Lark brand violins.  I would have gladly let the cello player in the play smash a Lark violin to pieces!  Laughing

JoAnn,
I have been wearing green on and off all month.  I believe St. Patrick's Day is Wednesday;  always during Spring Break, it seems.  I have not looked at our newspaper yet so don't know if there is another Stein Mart ad.  I did not find one in Thursday's newspaper.

Sharon,
I hope you are feeling better:  rest and plenty of fluids.   Have you heard about taking a Zi Con tablet at the start of a cold?  It seems to help lots of people and shorten the length of the cold.  I know we have a stack of them in one of the bathroom drawers.  Wish I could have sent you one earlier.  The mail between Texas and Canada seems kind of slow sometimes.

Pepe,
It looks like another sunny, warm day today.  I don't know what we will do, but we might go up to the Heritage Botanic Park in Grapevine and see what is blooming.  No blooms yet for me, but soon, I hope.  The Bradford Pear trees and Rosebud trees all have blossoms in our area now.

Betty,
We all hope to be hearing from you soon.  I'm sure you had a fabulous time and from what I've heard, this was one of the best Clay concerts yet!!

Frankie,
I want to get out my Easter things and have them ready just as soon as Wednesday is over.  Easter is April 4th, so that is soon.  I may start posting St. Paddy and Easter graphics/pictures side by side! 

I dreamed last night that I was decorating a table for Easter.  I was setting small plates on large plates like in the Tablescapes.  I was actually using dishes I have and mixing in my pink Depression glass dishes, too.  I started to put out my ceramic bunnies, also.  Too bad that when I awoke I didn't have a table all set up!! Laughing

Hello to all checking in and/or reading and have a Super Sunday!   Hug

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #350 on: March 14, 2010, 10:02:12 AM »

Prissy, thanks for the tip on Zi Con, never heard of it, but will see if it's in our local Shopper's Drug Mart Huggles
I read about you getting a start when the violin was smashed Jaw drop! but so happy you enjoyed the play!!!  Thanks for bringing breakfast this morning, I took a bit of cereal and blueberries, thanks Wink
I love your little Easter joke about the egg hiding Laughing, how cute are those chickens!!
Frankie, I think you mentioned about the special Bachelor show tomorrow night, must remember to tell Mom Wink You are getting ready for lots of company I see this week

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #351 on: March 14, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »

WELL HOLLIE CALLED ME CAUSE I MISSED CHURCH  Laughing TOLD ME WHAT TIME IT WAS. DON'T KNOW HOW TO CHANFE THE CLOCK ON MY COMPUTER.

I HAVE A SORE THROAT AND FEEL KINDA FEVERISH, SO I JUST CURLED UP ON THE COUCH TOOK A NAP WITH CALLIE.

I BOUGHT CALLIE A LITTLE BED WHEN WE FIRST MOVED HERE WELL SHE HAS DISCOVERED IT JUST FITS HER SHE GETS IN SOME OF THE DARNEST POSTIONS TO SLEEP,SHE IS A JOY.

WELL I AM GOING TO TRY AND FIND A MOVIE OR SOMETHING ON TV MAYBE I CAN SHAKE THIS THROAT.

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #352 on: March 14, 2010, 11:06:37 AM »

Frankie,
                    I"m wonderfully exhausted and on cloud nine.

We got back at 11oclock this morning, very tired but happy.

Don"t think I shall do a long train journey like  again. Only for Clay!!!!

Met people who remembered Shirl so I must call her and tell her

She would have loved the show but will probably see it better on PBS.

Our seats great... front row of the Messanine PERFECT!!
                                  NOW TO THE CONCERT THREAD TO PUT IN MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

I"ll post more tomorrow.

Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #353 on: March 14, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »

Prissy,
                            I will try to catch up later. I"m so tired now I"m afraid I shall
                       fall off my perch if I don't take a nap.

betty
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #354 on: March 14, 2010, 02:00:36 PM »

Good Afternoon!

JoAnn called about noon and said that she and Jennie were heading for Stein Mart.  I finished getting ready and said I would meet them there.  The brownish jacket I bought on Friday still had that plastic round thing attached to it!   I did not notice it, but JoAnn did when I showed her the jacket yesterday evening.  I took my receipt and the jacket into Stein Mart with me and a lady at the register took it off for me;  didn't even want to see my receipt.  I looked around a bit, but didn't buy anything else.

JoAnn, Jennie, and I went out to our vehicles and I called Skip to come meet us for lunch at the Mexican Inn.   So, about 3 hours after breakfast, Skip and I had lunch!  Laughing   We got what we usually get......the deluxe nachos that we share! 

Skip is sleeping in his recliner, and I want to do some more work around the house.  I can't believe how fast this day is going.  It's almost four in the afternoon, but of course, it's really almost three!  doh

Betty,
I hope you are resting.  I read your review in the PBS thread.  23 hours on the train!! eek!   I didn't realize the trip would be that long.  I can understand your being tired.  It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Sharon,
I hope you are feeling better.  The Zi con is supposed to work only if you take it at the very beginning of a cold.  I don't know if that is true or not.  I imagine there are some who say, yes, and others who say, no!   Another "funny Easter" picture below!  Laughing

Pepe,
I hope you are doing well today. 

I hope you all are having a lovely afternoon!  Still beautiful here;  almost hot!  I had the AC on in my van!

JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #355 on: March 14, 2010, 03:12:59 PM »

Good Afternoon,

Like Prissy said, we did go to Stein Mart.  I did like Prissy and bought some lovely spring jackets but only two!  One is white with a "swirl" pattern of two spring shades of the tan family.  I can wear with white or beige pants.  The second is a light turquoise, and other light blue swirl and more of a "jean" jacket style.  I can wear it with white, navy or jeans.   I didn't try any pants because that would have involved getting the boot off and on.
  We did enjoy lunch with Prissy and Skip.  I ate half my salad because every bite I took, I could "see" the scales tomorrow morning! bigsmile  YES, I DID EAT MOST OF MY BOWL OF CHIPS!  YES, THEY WERE SERVED WITH SALSA, WHICH IS GOOD, BUT CHIPS, OH OH!
  I'll just try to use my "no exercise and medicine" excuse one more week for the scales! bigsmile

I did come home and elevated/iced my foot for at least two hours.  I'm trying to be good and do as the doctor says! bigsmile

Glory---I'm glad that Callie likes her little bed. Yesterday,  I picked up Sammy, all 35 lbs of him. and "intended" just to hold him in my lap for a few minutes.  The little rascal fell asleep on my stomach, head over my arm and one paw on the  arm and one below the arm.  He slept there for about an hour.  I was "slumped" down in the chair elevating my leg and he "thought" the stomach looked like a nice fluffy dog bed.

JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #356 on: March 14, 2010, 03:31:50 PM »

OH BOY!  PRISSY, YOU'VE STARTED EASTER FUN!!!!! THANKS.  I WANT TO PLAY TOO!

MOM,SAMMY AND "FRIENDS" WISH YOU A HAPPY EASTER!

JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #357 on: March 14, 2010, 03:40:06 PM »

EASTER IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER EVERYONE!

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #358 on: March 14, 2010, 04:16:40 PM »

HELLO EVERYONE  wave,
WE HAVE HAD A VERY,VERY, WINDY & RAINY WEEKEND...GOOD DAY TO STAY HOME CATCH UP ON THINGS AROUND THE HOUSE, BEAD & JUST RELAX.
I AM REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO CLAY'S NEW CD  Purple Banana

I HOPE EVERYONE HERE ON THE OCD IS DOING WELL AND YOUR FAMILES AS WELL....I THINK OF YOU ALL OFTEN  :heartburst.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE & HUGS TO ALL,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #359 on: March 14, 2010, 04:34:24 PM »

PRISSY love your cartoons, now I know how you can eat all those marvelous meals and not gain weight cause you don't sit still long enough to put weight on.  You are always on the go and the weight can't catch up to you.   bigsmile Laughing   Your jackets sound great and what a wonderful buy, great prices, better than mine. 

JOANN, love the Easter pictures.  Especially the one with Jennie and Sammy and the bunnies.  That Sammy is such a lover such a great member of your family.  I am glad you are trying to be good with that foot sure don't want any complications with it .   Your jackets sound great and I guess you also got the great sale prices. 

Was out today to Walmart.  Bought some things for Preston, pajamas, a shirt and a sports outfitl with jacket, shirt and jogging pants.  Will put them in  a Easter basket with a toy I will buy, think he is to  young for candy at two  years old.  I did pretty good driving the carts today and was not in the pain I was in the last time I got out so I was very pleased.  Stopped at McDonalds and ate while we watched Lake Huron and that was nice than we didnt have to cook supper.  Just a sandwich tonight will do.  Also took a few steps without my walker today, it was there if I had to grab it but all in all I was thrilled that I did that much.  My greatest fear is that I will never be able to walk again on my own but maybe there is hope after all.

BETTY, so glad you enjoyed yourself and that was a mighty long train trip.  For some reason didn't think it was that long.  did you have to sleep sitting up in the seats?  My DIL always takes a train from Arizona and gets a sleeper car, I believe it takes her three days to get to Michigan.

ANGELA, always so happy to see you post.  Glad you got some relaxing time in this weekend.  I bet your kitty  was happy he had his mommy home.

SASHA,  did you make a decision  yet on the kitten?????

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx