gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 296
Total: 296

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 137  (Read 231744 times)
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2010, 03:14:39 PM »

WELL I JUST GOT HOME FROM MY DOC THIS ONE I LIKE SHE IS GOOD,SHE PUT ME BACK ON THE B/P MED I WAS ON THE ONE I HAD TO PAY FOR.I DID GOOD ON THAT SHE HAVE ME SAMPLES, SO WE SHALL SEE WHAT HAPPENS ON THIS ONE AGAIN.

I FIXED A LOW FAT HAMBURGER FOR SUPPER HIT THE SPOT.

JAN I AGREE WITH YOU.

HOPE CLAY'S TAPEING GOES WELL TOMMORROW.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2010, 03:34:23 PM »

wave

We were let out of class early for good behavior  bigsmile I shopped on my lunch hour and found a pair of jeans that fit well. They were on sale and I had an additional 25% off coupon, too.  Clapping

Prissy - I love the new tablescapes - especially the first one from this morning. My new dishes (bought them ater the remodel) are like the pink dishes, but they are yellow. I bought yellow and  terra cotta ribbon (a small plaid) for the necks of my bunnies - I hope to find some other new Easter things to finish the table. I have Easter wreaths on the doors, and I have gotten the grandchildrens' Easter Bunny photos out. That is as far as I have gotten with Easter decorations.

JoAnn - I'm happy to hear that Jennie is doing better. I know you will be glad to see your podiatrist tomorrow. I lost .8 this week - I had lost1.6 earlier in the week, but my weight goes up and down all week - as you know, I only record the "official" weight every Wednesday.

Glory - I watched part of AI last night - enouth the hear that they will have the Top 12 after this week. I may start watching next week. I haven't watched enough this year to even know anyone's name.

Pepe - I am on strike tonight - lots of leftovers in the refrigerator - cheese and broccoli soup, corned beef, and sausage and chicken Jambalaya. I will have a salad and something else - probably a WW dinner.

Jeanne - emailing photos is no problem at all - would take only a few minutes to post them for you.

Huggles Meesa - can't believe you are taking the time to post this week! You must be really busy.

I hope Clay has a great taping, too - hope the concert is really a sell out. Wonder what the scalpers will with the tickets if they do not sell. I know the concert counts scalpers' tickets as a sell out, but I hope there won't be any empty seats.

Lewis is working late, so I'd better go spend some time with the boys - see you later.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2010, 04:04:56 PM »

I checked ebay - 74 Sellers (Scalpers) still have Clay tickets:

I haven't checked other ticket selling sites, but I'm sure there are expensive tickets on those, too.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2010, 04:24:48 PM »

I HAVEN'T WATCHED SINCE CARRIE UNDERWOOD WON.I FORGET WHAT SEASON THAT WAS, I DON'T CARE A THING ABOUT IT.,NOBODY YET CAN BEAT CLAY IMO.

I AM TIRED BEEN RUNNING MOST OF THE DAY TURNING COLD AGAIN NOT SURE WHY I BOUGHT MY PATIO SET IN MARCH MUST BE NUTS,

I TOLD MY DOC SHE WOULD PROBABLY TAKE ME BACK CAUSE I WAS NUTS SHE SAID NOPE I WOULD JUST JOIN THE REST OF US  Paranoid WE GOT SOME GOOD LAUGHS IN TODAY.

DID I TELL YOU MY SURGEON BRINGS HIS PUP TO THE OFFICE A LITTLE DOG REAL CUTE. WELL TTYL.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2010, 07:11:13 PM »

Glory - a doctor who takes his dog to work has to be a great person.

Good Night, everyone - it will be quiet here for the next fews days with so many people in Raleigh. Hope everyone traveling will have good trips, safe travels, fun times seeing old and new friends, and a wonderful concert.

Sweet dreams to everyone left behind! 

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #305 on: March 11, 2010, 08:11:03 PM »

Good Evening!

Just a quick post.  I have been gone most of the day:  Whitlock Club, lunch in the Tea Room, a visit with my "ebay" sister and other errands.  Also, Skip was on both computers so I did not get a chance to post before we left for the Pond Club meeting.

Pepe,
The main menu in the Tea Room had avocados in the entree and I am allergic to avocados, so I had the salad bar which had quite a variety:  mixed greens, tomatoes, broccoli, boiled eggs, turkey and ham cubes, shredded cheese, shredded carrots,  croutons,  beets, tuna salad, chicken salad, green bean salad, rice salad, melon, and several kinds of dressing;  homemade rolls, too, and iced tea!  I was full!
Pond Club refreshments were meatballs, chips and dip, Shamrock cookies, and pretzels!  An odd combination, but good!  I brought only my St. Paddy tablecloths and decorations for the table (including my green beads!) Wink

Pepe,
You asked about the turn out each week for Soul Food supper at church.  Usually, it is really a big turn out, but on the evenings when the fare is "lighter," sandwiches and soup  or  "breakfast" for supper, the turnout is not as big.  I don't care what they serve;  it is always good and I am happy not to have to fix dinner that evening! Wink
One group of ladies that come every week for supper are from a local retirement home and don't even belong to the church.  That's OK!  We:re glad to have them.

I hope you all had a great day and have a restful night!  off to bed

Another Easter Tablescape!

The unusual thing about this table is the circular piece of glass (held up with purple glasses) that gives this Easter table setting a two dimensional effect.  Charger plates that look like round mirrors, pink crystal, and a variety of dinnerware with lots of bunnies makes this an unusual and interesting tablescape!!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #306 on: March 11, 2010, 08:25:16 PM »

Dog lovers will love this local story about a pug named Boca and a plastic surgeon!!  dog

BOCA THE PUG

I'M PRINTING OUT THE STORY IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE ACCESSING THE LINK ABOVE THE PICTURES!

LOCAL NEWS

Fort Worth team joined forces to put Boca the pug back together again
Posted Saturday, Mar. 06,

FORT WORTH -- Debra Drzich knew it was a shot in the dark.

The worst that could happen, she figured, is Dr. Yadro Ducic would turn her down.

"He is probably going to think I'm nuts, but most everybody thinks I'm nuts anyway, so that is OK," Drzich reasoned.

Drzich, a certified surgical technologist on the heart team at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, approached the plastic surgeon in the hospital hallway and asked to speak with him privately.

Would he be willing to reconstruct the shattered jaw of an abused dog, a pug named Boca, and would he consider doing the surgery for free?

The doctor didn't laugh, a good sign.

"He said he had never worked on a dog but that he would be willing to give it a try," Drzich recalled. "He was up for the challenge."

That impromptu hallway conversation sparked a series of events that, two months later, brought a group of strangers together for an unprecedented surgery and a remarkable act of kindness.

"I don't think it matters whether it is a dog or a human or a cat," Ducic said. "You are going to feel empathetic because her jaw was so devastatingly broken in so many pieces. She couldn't close her mouth and she was drooling and she couldn't eat properly, couldn't bark, couldn't do much of anything. ... It's one of those things -- you don't do it for any reason other than you feel like you are supposed to."

Overcoming adversity

It was August, and the little pug was in bad shape.

A good Samaritan had found her and called the hot line for Dallas Fort Worth Pug Rescue, a nonprofit organization that takes in abused, neglected and abandoned pugs. A volunteer went to get the pug and, upon seeing her, named her Boca, which means mouth in Spanish.

The volunteer drove Boca to the Westcreek Animal Clinic, where veterinarian Larry Gumfory treats the organization's rescued animals for about half the normal fee.

"She was with us for probably two months," Gumfory said. "She came in with her jaw hanging down, and she had been that way for a long time. There is no way of knowing for sure, but she probably got kicked in the mouth."

Despite her hardship, the staff at the clinic was struck by Boca's sweetness -- and her ability to overcome adversity.

Because she could not chew, she swallowed food whole, literally sucking it down.

"She was a champ at it," Gumfory said, chuckling. "There isn't a staff member here that doesn't just love her to death because she is such a sweet dog."

On two occasions, Gumfory operated on Boca's jaw, putting in pins in an attempt to close it. Both times, Boca broke the pins loose.

"It was pretty disheartening," Gumfory said. "I have done several broken mandibles in the past, and they have always healed. Probably part of the problem was that it was fractured on both sides of the mandible and not just one. It was real frustrating."

Eventually, Boca went to live with a foster mom, a volunteer with the pug rescue organization who would care for her until she could be adopted.

And then, in December, Drzich, also a volunteer with pug rescue, came into Boca's life.
"Her original foster mom was going out of town, so she asked me to watch her because she was going to be gone for two weeks," Drzich said.

Finding help

Shortly after Boca arrived at her home, Drzich was smitten.

"I had three dogs at the time, and everybody eats kibble out of a bowl," Drzich said. "She went over to the kibble bowl and just buried her face. It was a mess. There was kibble all over the floor."

Later that month, Drzich attended a Christmas party for the pug rescue organization. She said they were sitting around talking about how to help Boca when she thought of Ducic, whom she had assisted on two surgeries.

"No one was coming up with any solutions, and his name just kind of flashed across my brain. I thought to myself, 'I will talk to him. I will ask him,'" Drzich said. "It was one of those things. 'I wonder if he will take a chance? I wonder if he will do it?'"

Drzich said she came to admire Ducic several years ago when she saw him speak at a conference.

"He reconstructs people's faces, either after some kind of surgery or some kind of cancer of the face or neck, and he also reconstructs faces and necks of women who have been battered," she said. "To see his before-and-after pictures and to see the kind of work he does thoroughly impressed me."

Two weeks before Christmas, she saw Ducic in the hallway at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth.

"She came up to me and said something to the effect of, 'You do a lot of reconstructive surgeries, and we have this really sweet little pug, and she was abused and she has all sorts of issues with her jaw. Do you think you might be able to look at her and fix it?'" Ducic recalled. "My first thoughts were, 'Gosh, I mean, operating on a dog? I wouldn't know the first thing about it, but I will try and help if I can.'"

Ducic gave Drzich all his contact information, and shortly afterward, Gumfory contacted him and sent over Boca's X-rays.

"Somebody took that cute little dog and kicked it in the head and broke its jaw," said Ducic, who doesn't have a dog. "The amount of pain that poor little thing has gone through is just incredible."

About a month later, Drzich asked Ducic about the screws and plates he would need to for Boca's surgery, which was going to take place at Westcreek Animal Clinic.

"He said he had already taken care of all that -- he had gotten it donated," Drzich said.

Ducic had contacted Kevin Jackson at Stryker, a medical equipment company.

"Donating time is one thing, but physically, you need instruments and plates and screws, and those things are crazy expensive," Ducic said. "We work a lot with a couple of plating companies, and the first one I called said, 'Of course, they would be happy to donate some instrumentation for this little dog.'"

'I was a little bit nervous'

Boca's surgery was scheduled for Feb. 13.

That morning, all the players arrived at Westcreek Medical Clinic, many meeting for the first time.

Ducic brought along a fellow doctor, Jared Inman; and two residents in training. Kevin Jackson with Stryker was also there also, along with Gumfory and his head technician, Dori Davis, who would be administering Boca's anesthesia. Drzich, meanwhile, was prepared to assist in the operating room while her husband, John, captured it all on camera.
"I have to be honest. I don't get nervous for surgery, really ever, but I was a little bit nervous about this because I didn't know what to expect," Ducic said. "I didn't know what a pug's jawbone was going to feel like or how the screws were going to fit in there or what size screws we were going to need, things like that."

As it turned out, there was no need to worry. The 90-minute surgery went perfectly.

Ducic carefully and methodically reconstructed Boca's jaw -- a surgery that would have cost a human between $25,000 and $40,000.

"Somebody was looking out for this poor little thing and just kind of helped us along," Ducic said modestly. "We ended up doing the right thing. I think we all had a smile on our face. It felt good."

After the surgery Drzich took Boca home and nursed her back to health.

About a week ago, Gumfory took out her stitches, and, a few days later, Boca dropped by Ducic's Fort Worth office.

The doctor hadn't seen her since the surgery and was all smiles as he watched the little dog, fat and happy, waddle around his waiting room.

Boca can drink and eat normally now, Drzich told him.

And she barks again.

Drzich gave Ducic a hug.

"Thank you," she said, "for stepping outside the box."

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2010, 04:44:17 AM »

PRISSY THAT WAS ADORABLE, POOR LITTLE BOCA, PEOPLE SHOULD BE STRUNG UP BY THEIR FINGERNAILS FOR DOING THAT. TO A LITTLE GUY.

GOOD MORNING  HAVING TO DEAL GIFT TAX ISSUE I HATE THIS BUT I WILL DO IT CAUSE I HAVE TO DO NOT WANT TO GET THROWN IN THE SLAMMER. Laughing I REALLY NEED TO KEEP BETTER RECORDS BUT DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS. icon_eek

STICKING CLOSE TO HOME CANNOT MISS ANY CLAY NEWS

TTYL.

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2010, 06:58:01 AM »

PRISSY, sounds like your day yesterday was really busy.  The buffet sounds wonderful at the Tea Room.  I love a variety of foods to eat, I am afraid I can get bored eating the same thing.  I'm with you I don't care what the Soul Food Supper was I would be there.  I love everything if someone else fixes it.   bigsmile 

GLORY, oh yes taxes on gifts.  To bad you didn't know about that, sure hope you have enough money to pay the tax.  I think at one time I heard it was like 45% tax on the gift amount.  HOw horrible is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know why you bought  your outdoor furniture so early so they wouldn't sell out of it. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2010, 07:08:09 AM »

PEPE JUST TALKED TO MY TAX LADY SHE SAID I WOULD OWE NOTHING CAUSE WHAT I GAVE TIM WAS A BLIMP ON THR RADAR, AS LONG AS ITS NOT OVER A MILLION Laughing I AM FINE WON'T OWE ANYTHING.

I AM GOING IN THIS AFTERNOON TO GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF ALL I HAVE TO DO IS SIGN A PAPER.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2010, 07:23:10 AM »

Good Morning!

Meals on Wheels and our usual errands today.  Speaking of taxes, hopefully Fingers Crossed Skip will have his part done today so we can turn the paperwork in to our tax lady!!   I don't like having an extension and having to pay a penalty!  eek!

Pepe,
If someone else will fix the meal, I will bet there to eat it!!   I'm not that particular!

Glory,
Very sweet story about Boca, the dog, and the kindness of strangers.  It thought about Tammy and her pugs, Zoe and Ping, when I saw the dog's picture.

Hello to all checking in and/or reading and have a Fabulous Friday!  Hug

THIS IS THE LAST TABLESCAPE

I have posted pictures of about 19 tables.  I know some of you have enjoyed them!

This last table was the only rectangular table set up.  Pink crinkly tablecloth with navy runner and sashes on the chairs.  I believe that those are navy napkins tucked under the white square plates and hanging down over the edge of the table;;  looks like more runners.  Crystal candle holders and vases with light pink candles and rosy pink tulips all along the table runner with white birds and white beads!!  bigsmile

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2010, 07:30:16 AM »

wave

Good Morning!

Prissy - I love the Pug story - I hope Tammy is lurking and gets to read it. I think of her and her Pugs often. Love the newest Easter table, too. I never thought of putting all of my ceramic Easter bunnies on our table - I usually only put the three large ones there. I want to make an extra effort this year to make a fun table for the grandchildren. If I find out that all of the kids will be here - hope they will because my Sister is visiting - I will buy each person a chocolate bunny and will write their names on them in frosting for a place card.

Glory - thank goodness your tax problem is solved. You can gift each of your children $10,000 per year (that may have even gone up) without them having to pay taxes on it or without causing problems for yourself.

Pepe - I'm trying to think of something new to cook today!

I did not realize that Clay's concert was tonight until just now - thought it was tomorrow. I know everyone there is having a great time.

Jack and Tuffy need to be groomed. I just called, and their groomer has broken her ankle and will not be working for a while. I am trying to decide whether to just wait or to subject them to the trauma of trying a new groomer.

Happy TGIF, everyone!

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2010, 08:13:26 AM »

FRANKIE IT HAS GONE UP TO 13.000 NOW  SHE SAID I WOULD NOT OWE ANYTHING.

ITS POURING DOWN RAIN AWFUL OUTSIDE I AM GLAD I AM INSIDE TODAY.

CV REPORTING CLAY SOUNDS FANTASTIC SANG FOR 3 HRS LAST NIGHT DRESS REHERSAL. WISH I HAD GONE.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2010, 09:27:15 AM »

wave

Lunch time check in!

Glory - I thought I had remembered our tax guy telling us that amount had gone up (he is so good about telling us about all of the tax changes every year). We had a surprise rain storm during the night last night - it is sunny now, but cold. I'm not sorry at all that I did not go to see Clay - I wish him well, and will buy his music, but I don't know if I will ever go to another concert - we'll see.

Meesa - you are probably too busy to check in here, but I am thinking about you. Hope your wedding is wonderful, and I'm wishing for every happiness for you!  Huggles

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »

GLORY, I am so happy you don't owe any tax.  I hate it when someone has paid tax on that money and they pass it on to someone else when they pass away and than that person is expected to pay  tax again on it.  The governement gets to much money  as they seem to just throw it away.  Men never did learn how to budget!!!!!!!!!!  icon_rolleyes

FRANKIE,  Huggles How nice you will have your sister for Easter, always makes holidays special when you have overnight company.  I remember when I used to have a houseful and loved every minute and now it is no one.  Although my son did stop by and had lunch with us.  Just taken a pain pill as it is not a good day for the spine today and my legs seem to keep wanting to go to sleep on me.  I was going to fix soup but fixed a tuna salad on toast with sliced tomato and chips and some A&W root beer and Donnie had a slice of Banana Cream pie with his dad.  He did not bring Preston as he was with his other grandma.  Missed seeing Preston but nice to get some alone time with my son sometimes.  Was thinking of making this bean soup, easy recipe and oh so good.

PRISSY, made that dump cake.  My recipe calls for the crushed pineapple, a can of cherry pie filling on top of the pineapple, than the yellow cake mix , mixed with 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup of oil, spread over the cherry pie filling than nuts sprinkled on that and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.  So a little different than the recipe you have.   Like the navy and pink together on the last tablescape but the table is a little to busy for me.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »

Prissy, loved the story of little Boca, so glad someone gave that poor little puppy some dignity Clapping
Had a great time with Mom and my sis in Niagara Wink

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2010, 01:35:45 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Macaroni Grill leftovers are in the oven for a late lunch!  Skip is still working on the taxes!! I am trying not to interrupt him!   Paranoid  Wink

After our Meals on Wheels deliveries, we stopped at Braum's and then came on home.  I left at about noon and got gas for my van, the oil changed in my van and my tires checked, then finally got the nose piece on my sunglasses fixed!  After that, I went to the new location for Steinmart with my coupons!  I found three beautiful jackets and got them for 25% off for two, and 20% off for one!  One is kind of dressy and the other two look very similar to the jacket JoAnn wore for both the Clay Gala in October and the Gala at the Cowboys Stadium.  I will have to go check out her picture and see if I bought "her" jacket!  Laughing

Frankie,
I have all kinds of Easter things;  stuffed rabbits, ceramic rabbits;  lots of plastic eggs (for hiding), even a ceramic rabbit band with rabbits playing instruments!!  I have probably 25 Easter placemats.  I used to have the family for Easter, so I "collected"  all of these things!  I could set up an Easter Tablescape with just the things I have!   

Frankie and Sharon,
I just loved how the renowned plastic surgeon was willing to "step out of the box" and take care of the little pug and so many others joined in, too! 

Sharon,
So glad to hear you had a great time with your mom and sister at Niagara Falls.

Pepe,
I told my sister the recipe for the dump cake and she couldn't believe you just sprinkle the cake mix on it without any water or oil!!  But mine turned out good! 

I hope everyone is having a lovely afternoon!  Hug

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »

WELL ITS BLEAK AND DREARY HERE STILL LAYED DOWN TOOK A NAP NOT MUCH TO DO HERE TODAY KIDS HAVE GONE TO COREYS FOLKS FOR THE WEEKEND, IF THE WEATHER CLEARS UP I MAY GET OUT TOMMORROW AND HIT THE THRIFT STORES JUST TO BROWSE, AND THEN TO WALMART FOR THE DAY,I LIKE TO LOOK EVEN IF I DON'T BUY.

EXCITED FOR CLAY HE SOUNDS REALLY EXCITED ABOUT TONIGHT.

SURE IS QUIET HERE  I GUESS A LOT WENT TO RALEIGH.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2010, 01:57:21 PM »

wave

Just woke up from a nap - slept a whole hour!

Pepe and Prissy - that cake sounds so good - I am in the mood for something sweet - rare for me to crave sweets, but I'm having one of those days.

Pepe - it is rare to get a grown child alone. That is why I always check to see if my son has time for lunch whenever I go "little" shopping.

Prissy - I have several ceramic bunnies and other Easter decorations, but I don't have a tablecloth or placemats. I have several "plain" runners that go down the center of my table, though. They are neutral colors, so I can use them for different times during the year. Hope your taxes come out well! I am always happy if I have paid enough in - owning a business takes the fun out of a refund - if we are due one, we just leave it there to count toward the amount we will owe the next quarter.  Cry!

Sharon -  did you win a million dollars at the casino??? Did you go on the tour of the Falls, and did you take photos? I bet getting away on a "girls trip" was so much fun! 

I haven't gotten anything done today - time to get to work.

EDIT - Glory - great minds think alike! Hope your nap ws as good as mine!  Laughing

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »

Sharon -  did you win a million dollars at the casino??? Did you go on the tour of the Falls, and did you take photos? I bet getting away on a "girls trip" was so much fun! 

Frankie, the million is waiting for someone else Laughing We stayed in a fallsview room, literally overlooking the falls, and took Mom down to an observation area before we left today. I have not been able to find the camera since Al passed Frankie, and keep saying I will buy one, then I don't. I really should, they aren't that expensive.
All I know is that Mom had a wonderful time, so great to hear her laugh Huggles It's been hard on her losing Woody, 65 years they were married and totally in love. 

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx