gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 431
Total: 431

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 137  (Read 231452 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2010, 08:15:07 AM »

wave

Good Morning! It is pretty here, too - sun shining - and it is supposed to be warm this afternoon. I'm about to run some errands (don't have to leave the car, so the boys can go, too), then I plan to come home and work outside - going to clean the porches and walkways. They have lots of leaves and other debris on them. Prissy - I am going to by-pass St. Patrick's day and go straight to Easter decorations. I want to get in the barn today and at least find the wreaths for the doors.

JoAnn - I went to sleep early last night, too. Thought I would watch Oprah's Academy Award Special, but I didn't see a minute of it (that's what I get for trying to watch TV from bed).  Clapping that you've found another Clay friend. I've always envied all of you lucky enough to have a Clay friend close by.

Meesa - I'm enjoying the early photos.

Pepe - I meant to tell JoAnn that wallpaper remover is nothing but a little fabric softener in water - it really does help a lot.

Sharon and Prissy (and everyone else, too). You would enjoy that restuarant in Branson - you have to really be careful if you get up from the table, though - more than one person has been hit in the head with a roll. The only way you get a roll is to catch one!  Laughing Just raise your hand, and a hot roll will be headed your way!

LAMBERTS CAFE

Glory - maybe you need to talk to your doctor before exercising - or maybe you just did too much the first time?

Have a fun Thursday, everyone - see you later in the day................

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »

Good Morning, again!

Frankie,
That restaurant sounds like fun.  Should I take a catcher's mitt with me?   lmao

Jan,
Sounds like a fun day!  Good to see you checking in.

Glory,
I will think about the highlights!  I'm sure your hair is beautiful.

As I posted before, I went to the Woman's Club on Tuesday and saw many beautiful "tablescapes"  (tables set up with dishes, centerpieces, etc.)  Here is the Mardi Gras table!   As you can see, there are lots of masks, beads,  and very colorful dinnerware!

(Clickable)

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »

WELL I HAVE HAD A SHOCK, MY LANDLORD ASK ME IF I WANTED TO BUY MY PLACE HE WANTS TO SELL IT. I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO I LOVE IT BUT HOLLIE AND COREY MAY NOT STAY HERE. I DECIDED TO POSPONE THE EXCERCISE CLASS AS I CANNOT DEAL WITH MORE THAN ONE CRISIS AT A TIME. ICOULD BUY A PEICE OF LAND OUT BY MY PASTOR AND PUT A NICE DOUBLEWIDE ON IT. OR I COULD MOVE TO OUTER MONGOLIA. I AM UPSET JUST GOING TO GIVE IT TO THE LORD TO DEAL WITH. ONE DOOR CLOSES OR ANOTHER ONE OPENS.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2010, 10:09:55 AM »

GLORY, oh dear I was afraid that was going to happen and after  you put the money into the new flooring.  That is not fair I would  ask him to reimburse me i think.  I think it  unfair that your landlord didn't mention he might want to sell it before you did all that work to HIS house.  I don't have any advice for you on this one.  I was wondering how you would do with the exercise class seeing that your back and neck bothers you so much and you have problems with it.  Maybe you shouldn't do that and just take nice walks.

FRANKIE, I never get tired of hearing what you have to say on the Council of Aging.  I don't see anything listed here like that.  We are just a few small towns up here not big enough for that I don't think.

PRISSY, love the pictures of the table.  I see the Made Gras beads on everything.  Love it so pretty.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2010, 11:55:29 AM »

I'm back from my lunch.  My new friend is very nice.  She and I got acquainted and this is the start to what I hope will be a nice, new friendship.  We really don't live that far apart either.  Both hoping that Clay will come to our area this summer if he tours.

Just can't seem to get thrilled over the upcoming concert at the Biltmore.  I just don't care that much for outdoor concerts.  I'd rather take my chances on getting a up close ticket in a nice, air conditioned  building.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »

I'm just home from business and hope I'm not too late JoAnn to wish you well in surgery tomorrow Huggles thinking of you

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2010, 03:04:02 PM »

Thank you Sharon,

Yes, I won't be here in the morning at my usual time.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:45a.m. so I won't stop by here! lmao 

Prissy--Thank  you and skip for volunteering to bring me home.  My cousin, Randy, surprised us and came a week early.  He is going to bring us home.  I appreciate your friendship so much. Huggles

Hope that everyone has a wonderful Friday.  I will be back as soon as I can.
 wave

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2010, 03:07:12 PM »

Frankie,
That restaurant sounds like fun.  Should I take a catcher's mitt with me?   lmao

I'm coming too Prissy Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2010, 03:27:56 PM »

Prissy the tablescapes (love that word) Wink are beautiful Clapping

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2010, 03:33:47 PM »

Good (late) Afternoon!

Skip and I went to Costco and Market Street grocery store this afternoon.  I am going to fix us something for a light dinner before I leave for the opera orchestra rehearsal in a short while!

JoAnn,
Your cousin Randy is a real gem.  How nice of him to come up and take you for your surgery and then start painting the rooms for you all.  Good luck with your foot!  Skip has done really well with his foot surgery.  Now, he no longer uses the motorized carts in the stores.  I think he kind of misses them, however!  Laughing

Pepe,
I'm glad you enjoyed the Mardi Gras table.  That was the "busiest" looking of all the tables.  I will post more pictures with each post!!

Glory,
Oh, my!  What a dilemma!   If you decide not to buy the house, then I guess the landlord can put it on the market!!   I know you will be praying to make the right decision.   Hang in there!!

Sharon,
Lambert's Restaurant sounds like a real "hoot!"  Love the graphic you posted!  There was an  I LOVE LUCY episode where Ricky had Lucy on a tight schedule.  In one scene, they were having guests for dinner and the timing of everything was so fast, that Ethel had to throw the rolls from the kitchen to Lucy who caught them with a catcher's mitt!   lmao  (Just saw your last post.  I'm glad you like the tablescapes!!  Never fear!  I have lots more to post!)

I hope you all have a great evening! Hug

More tablescape pictures!!

This one is more subdued than the Mardi Gras table, but still lovely.  I call this the Terra Cotta table.  As you can see, there is a quilt for the tablecloth, and a large watering can for the centerpiece.  Terra cotta dishes and rabbits on the table, too; even a terra cotta wine cooler and coasters!!  This was kind of a "garden" or "outdoor picnic" setting.

(Clickable)

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #150 on: March 04, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

wave

Glory - I don't know what to tell you - I think, especially since you have spent money on the house, that you should have been given a lease! I can understand your landlord wanting to get out from under some responsibility, but it doesn't seem fair to you. Hope something will work out.  Huggles

Pepe - Every county in the country is given money for a Council On Aging through the Older Americans' Act. The trouble is that only the largest city in your county might benefit - I'm sure some agency is getting the money. Here, even though the main building is in Many, services such as meal delivery and housekeeping services are provided to everyone in our Parish (we don't have counties here). Google "Council On Aging" and see if you come up with anything. You might also try "Services For Seniors in_____________ (the name of your county). I had talipia for supper tonight (Lewis had the last of a roast and gravy). We also had fresh cauliflower. I forgot to tell you we are eating things from the winter garden - had fresh broccoli last night.

Sharon and Prissy - I wish I could be there to see you catch rolls with catchers mitts   Laughing (I do think it is a good idea to take one!!

Prissy - beautiful tables - especially the Terra cotta - everything on that table would look great in my kitchen!

JoAnn - I have to disagree about outdoor concerts. One of my favorite Clay memories is of listening to him sing and looking up at the stars in Atlanta  Thud!  Glad the meeting with your new Clay friend went well.  Clapping We will be thinking about you tomorrow  Huggles I know Prissy will keep us posted on how you are doing.

Have a great evening, everyone - see you later if I can...............

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #151 on: March 04, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »

TURNED OUT TO BE A MISCOMMUNACTION. I WENT TO TALK TO HIM,I AM NOT GOING ANYPLACE,I WAS SO UPSET HE ASK ME WHY, IASK HIM HOW LONG I HAD HE SAID WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I SAID YOU WANT ME TO MOVE HE SAID NO I DON'T I ASK HIM ABOUT THIS MORNING HE SAID ALL I WANTED WAS TO KNOW IF YOU WANTED TO BUY IT,I DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE YOU THE IMPRESSION I WANTED YOU TO LEAVE. BEEN A HORRIBLE DAY. I AM GOING TO REST.

GOOD LUCK JOANN I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU. Huggles

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #152 on: March 04, 2010, 09:04:37 PM »

Glory,
I'm glad to hear that you can stay in your house and continue to rent if you want.  It sounds like the landlord thought you might be interested in buying instead of renting;  maybe building up some equity.

Frankie,
I can just see the terra cotta dishes and accessories in your new kitchen!  I like those plates with the flower pot and little tree or plant on them. 

I just returned from the orchestra practice for the opera this weekend!  Awful rehearsal, so that must mean good performances!!

One more tablescape before I head for bed!  off to bed

This one was simple but elegant and unusual.  Notice that the napkin is at an angle on the plate and the silverward is turned over and lined up at an angle to the plate.  It looks like a purple and green theme to this table.  I think I see an eggplant and artichokes.   

(clickable)

Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2010, 01:41:16 AM »

HAPPY FRIDAY!

It's brrrrrrrrrrr and I'm sure most of us are tired of winter weather.....Spring couldn't come too soon.  Usually, I've got my base tan begun for the Summer!  It might hit 70 this weekend.

Scooter home today for Spring Break and Kyle on the 15th for his...they'll miss one another by a week....Laura was nominated for the National Society of Collegiate Scholars  Purple Banana      Purple Banana      sort of the National Honor Society for Freshmen and Sophomores!  So happy and proud momma for her.

Prayers and hugs to all.

xoxox
Jayne

PS  No real stand outs on Idol for me this year...Crystal and Lilli I like and Alex for the boys.  Different voice types....love it!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2010, 02:59:05 AM »

Boy Prissy, some unusual ideas for tablescapes (I love that word again  Laughing) for sure Clapping
Thinking about JoAnn
I come with hot tea and chocolate this morning, I'll save the coffee for JoAnn for later Wink Jan I also have chocolate donuts Wink
Morning all wave

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2010, 05:16:26 AM »

Good morning everyone!  wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2010, 05:43:41 AM »

Good Morning!

JoAnn has probably just gone into surgery.  I'm sure Jennie will call when surgery is over.  As I recall about 45 minutes in surgery, and then recovery for a while.  We have Meals on Wheels, and will check on her before and/or after our deliveries.  The hospital she is in is only about 10 minutes from us.

I will check back in if I get any news.

I'm glad you all are enjoying the "tablescapes."  I loved seeing them and did take lots of pictures! Wink

Sharon,
If I set a table with my silverware like that, I think everyone would think it rather odd!!  Laughing  But in that room with all the different tables, it just looked different and unusual;  not necessarily strange!

Hug

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2010, 06:05:56 AM »

JAYNE, I am so glad Laura is doing well in her Freshman year.  I know Kyle had a difficult time with it so I can imagine how relieved  you are that Laura has the maturity to deal with the first  year of college.  Good for her.

PRISSY, love the tablescapes.  One of the cooks on FoodNetwork called Sandra always does tablescapes with her menu for the day.  You should watch you would get lots of ideas from her, not sure of the time she is on.  Always shows her tablescapes at the end of the show after the cooking.

FRANKIE, I found out that Alpena has the Council for Aging benefits.  About a hour and a half drive from me.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2010, 06:50:38 AM »

WE HAVE A NEW BABY ,TIM AND EMILY, NEELIE RUTH NO DETAILS TIM WAS BUSY WILL CALL HIM LATER. NOW THEY HAVE FAITH, HAVEN, NEELIE ALL DOING WELL. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

I AM GOING TO WALMARTS THIS MORNING BBL.

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2010, 07:36:38 AM »

Congrats Gramma pregpink Clapping Huggles cloud9

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx