gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:54:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 265
Total: 265

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 137  (Read 231720 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2010, 12:47:57 PM »

Frankie, I hear you about chicken ruts Laughing seems all I eat, but I have a wonderful idea for sweet potatoes for you Wink

I make a container of this sprinkle to have on hand Wink
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

slice sweet potatoes 1/2' thick, drizzle with a bit of olive oil on cookie sheet and sprinkle both sides with spice.
Bake at 400 approx 15 min turning half way.
Delicious

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »

Huggles Sharon - I am going to try that recipe! I always have a sweet potato at the restaurant we went to today, because they always put cinnamon on the potato - really good - makes you think you had dessert! (one 5 inch potato or 1/2 cup of potato - 3 points on WW!)

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »

Well I got home and can't say I enjoyed my outing.  I was doing pretty good this morning, I am still getting over the rib I fractured on my right side three weeks ago but it is not quite so painful.  I was sitting on a chair in the living room and bent over to try and tie my left shoe.  When I did I felt this horrible pain in my left top rib and I bet I cracked that one too.  The pain was horrible.  Well it took me a while to get out the door and Don half lifting me into the car as the hospital was expecting me at 10:30.  After the blood tests the ordeal of getting in the car again and we drove a cross the street to McDonalds as I was starving.  Don told me not to try and go to Walmarts but I insisted as I knew I wasn't going to go thru all that again getting dressed and out but should have listened to hubby as I was in such horrible pain I could not enjoy my trip out.  Just hurried and got what I needed and was in tears by the time I drove the motor cart out of the store.  Not good.  Got home and took a pain pill and laid down.  Doctor's office already called and got the results of the blood work and all is well with that.  Not losing much blood and the  uremic acid is doing good with my medication.  So the swelling of my left foot and ankle is not due to that. 

Anyway that is my day.

PRISSY, I wished I had your energy and drive.  It kills me to see my house and yard look like it does and all I have to do is sit here and look at it and fuss about it.  I have to find a cleaning lady and have asked around and no one seems to know of anyone that is any good.  Afraid they know my standards are high.  I like the corners to be cleaned.  The main thing is to keep my bathrooms and kitchen cabinets and floor spotless. 

FRANKIE.  I hope the boys continue to be good while you are gone.  That is hard for a  Yorkie and a Jack R ussel to do though.     Laughing lmao

GLORY, glad you are so busy today.  I see you are watching babies again so i guess the girls decided you were smart after all.   bigsmile 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2010, 01:58:22 PM »

Good  Afternoon All,

I'm pooped!  I did an hour of removing the wallpaper boarder this morning before going to Mom's Better Breathers Group(lung support)  I still will need at least another 45 minutes or so.  It's been on SEVERAL years and I'm only using warm water in a spray bottle.  Some of it's easy, then I run into areas that want to "remain" stuck on the wall.
   I'll have to use the the painters tape on the crown molding in that room next.  I'm counting this as "low intensity" exercise, so I'm counting 2 calories per minute.

Sammy me had to wake me up for his morning "story time" this morning.  I fell asleep in the chair in front of the television.  I felt this little push and he was standing next to the chair "talking" to me.  I picked him up and he settled in for the story once again about how I found him and how happy that I did.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »

Frankie,

I just found the pictures of your trip and read all about it.

You do have a wonderful way of describing everything, it

sounds wonderful and definately my kind of trip.

I think quite a lot of English people came over and started

Plantations. When I was in New Orleons I found ancestor"s

with my maiden name, which was not a common name.  I

should love to visit some old plantation areas.

Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2010, 02:06:48 PM »

Pepe,
                    I am so sorry you have hurt yourself again.It must be awful to be

in such constant pain. It"s such a shame you can"t go out for a
                    little while without hurting so much.

Betty Huggles
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2010, 02:11:38 PM »

ONLY 14 MORE DAYS TO ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
clickable

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2010, 02:21:00 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I am going to leave for Soul Food Supper in a short while and will then go on to my opera orchestra rehearsal!  Busy day! 

The JOY games/luncheon went well.  Skip and I have learned ( are learning) to play 42, and we again played with our friend and her mother who has recently moved to our area from San Antonio. 

The luncheon was delicious!!  Pulled pork on buns, cole slaw, broccoli slaw salad, okra and tomatoes, deviled eggs (Skip), Bugle chips and onion dip (me), and for dessert a lady brought angel food cake, strawberries, and whipped cream, and my dump cake turned out good!  There was hardly any left of it.  It would have been good warm and with ice cream, as someone said! (Frankie?)

I did a little work in the house this afternoon;  straightened up the den, dusted, then tried to get the kitchen back in order after making the dump cake and Skip's deviled eggs.  We left in a hurry this morning!!

Pepe,
I really don't have all that much energy and my house is not really too straight.  Right now, I have a bag with St. Patrick's placemats and other decorations;  a bag still with red Valentine paper plates and napkings, a bag with Bridal Fair things in it, a bag with my shopping ads and coupons and list for the week.  I am definitely a "bag lady" Laughing
 I think the idea of a cleaning lady might be to your liking.  I know several ladies who have a cleaning lady who comes every two weeks.  If you had someone who could do the floors and bathrooms and kitchen, I bet that would help out a lot. 
Good that your blood tests turned out well, but I am so sorry you are in such pain that you couldn't enjoy your outings to Walmart and McDonald's.  I am so thankful that I no longer have that lower left side back pain that I had for a few days.  I wish your pain would go away, too.  Hug

Sharon,
That topping for sweet potatoes sounds good.  At the Road House restaurant, they bring out sweet potatoes "drowning" in butter and brown sugar!! shock 

Frankie,
You have done so well and all on your own to lose 50 pounds.  I just need more will power and to do more walking!!   Your picture with Lewis looks great.  Skip is about a foot taller than me, so I almost need to stand on a box when we have our picture made standing!! Laughing   I want to hear more about Branson from you before we go.  The dinner on the riverboat sounds wonderful!  We are booked for four days and three nights, so I think we should be able to really see a lot in that time!  bigsmile

Glory,
How do you think I would look with golden highlights in my curly reddish brown hair?  Do you think they would show up?  I would love to see a picture of you with your "new" hair color.

Betty,
I really enjoyed seeing all the table displays and as soon as Skip can help me get the pictures on the computer, I will post a few at a time, kind of like I did my Valentine snow pictures.  I can't wait to hear all about your coming Clay trip. 

The DWTS thread in Fun Stuff has been revived.  I've posted pictures of all of the "stars" and listed who they are partnered with.  Some of the pro dancer names I did not recognize!  Maks is back, so that's the most important thing.   I see his partner is the ESPN news lady who was in the news a short while ago because someone had a peep hole into her hotel room and took pictures of her "au natural."  shock   I just hope she's a good dancer.  I think she is tall and they usually give Maks the tall gals!! 

I hope you all have a lovely evening!  Hug

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2010, 02:30:31 PM »

I am definitely a "bag lady" Laughing

Prissy, I sell so many purses that I call myself that too Laughing
Last year when I was in Orlando on a buy trip I ordered a sweet potato not knowing how it would be served eek! when you say drowning you aren't kidding.  I ordered fish and was smart enough to ask for no sauce, but was shocked at the butter and brown sugar on the sweet potato.  I dumped it all in a bowl and ate around was was left.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »

Sharon,

One of my favorite all time shows was THE NANNY with Fran Drescher.  In one of the shows, Fran is being audited by the IRS, and she has her receipts, etc., in different purses;  a purse for each year!!   lmao   I actually have all of my hospital insurance information in a bag, and my prescription information in a pretty box!!  bigsmile  I do actually have files in file cabinets, too!! Wink

Sweet potatoes are like a dessert anyway, so they don't really need to be "drowned" in all that butter and brown sugar!  shock

DWTS soon!!!! 

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »

DWTS soon!!!! 

Purple Banana I so look forward to seeing Maks' feet bigsmile

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #131 on: March 03, 2010, 03:54:58 PM »

wave

We talked ourselves out of walking outside this evening - it was sunny today, but the wind still had a bite!

Pepe -  Huggles I'm sorry your trip did not go well - wish you could somehow feel better. I think you should get a cleaning lady for the heavy work - including changing the linens on your bed. I know all of you get tired hearing about the Council On Aging, but our Council does have aides that come in twice a week to clean - please call and see if your Council offers this service (they should offer other services, too - check out what is available in your area.) The housecleaning is not free, but it costs very little.

Betty - glad you found the vacation Thread. There are several plantaions within 30 miles of my home - one holds an arts festival every summer - I always think of Jeanne! Artists sell their beautiful creations - the only problem is that the temperature is usually around 100 for this festival.

JoAnn - sounds like you will get the border off before Friday  Clapping

Prissy - almost everyone that I know here has been to Branson several times. (We've gone alone, with the grandchildren, and on a bus trip). I will start collecting recommendations for you. (You also HAVE to go to the restaurant where they throw homemade yeast rolls at you.  Laughing )

Sharon - Maks' Feet???  lmao

Have a good evening, everybody - I'll try to check back before bedtime.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »

Sharon,

DO YOU HAVE A FOOT FETISH?????? Laughing

Betty
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2010, 07:17:30 PM »

Sharon,

DO YOU HAVE A FOOT FETISH?????? Laughing

Betty

Betty, I just like the way Maks points is toes, his feet really are something to behold~~really bigsmile
Frankie, knew you'd see that too Laughing

(You also HAVE to go to the restaurant where they throw homemade yeast rolls at you.  Laughing )

Now that sounds like a good time Purple Banana Laughing

JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »

Good Morning Sharon-- wave  I already grabbed a cup of coffee but if you have any fresh fruit for breakfast today, I'll take what you have! 

I was so tired last night after taking off that silly boarder.. I finally finished at 7:10.  I even ate my dinner in bed watching television.  I think I was asleep before 9:00!

Frankie-- Clapping on your weight loss!  That was fantastic.  I ate a slice of pizza at Mom's meeting yesterday.  I haven't done that in over a year.  I was hungry and that is all that was there.  I don't even like pizza and my stomach has "talked" to me every since eating it. 

Pepe--We picked up a recent COPD information card for you at the meeting.  I'll try to send it next week after surgery.  It gives the toll free hot line of the COPD Foundation and they also have a COPD Digest that you can subscribe to.  I think that it comes out every three months.   

I've got to get the garbage out to the curb as soon as it gets light this morning.  I was just too tired to set the canisters out last night. 
   I also have to go grab Sammy, it's his "story" time in the next few minutes.

I've met a new friend on the OFC.  She lives close in Arlington, TX.  When she saw my page, she contacted me saying that she had no "Clay" friends near her.  We're meeting each other for the first time today for lunch at Luby's.  It will be nice to renew the  "old" Clay excitement!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S  DAY IN 13 DAYS!
clickable

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2010, 05:11:05 AM »

Good morning everyone!  wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2010, 05:45:59 AM »

JOANN, how wonderful that you are having lunch and meeting a new friend.  I had heard if you spray fabric softner on wall paper that it will help take it off.  Hubby took off a wide border in my bathroom and than he painted.  He told me he really washed the glue from the paper off really good but I don't think so as the paint is starting to peel where that border was on the wall.  It has to be done over and that is bad as it took me three  years to get him to paint it the first time.  Love that Sammy looks forward to his story time.  Who will be taking you to the hospital for surgery tomorrow?

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2010, 06:17:37 AM »

Good Morning!

With all the hustle and bustle getting things together for the JOY luncheon yesterday, I forgot my once a week pill, so I just took it this morning!  That's the first time I've forgotten it on a Wednesday in a while!

Rehearsal last evening went until 10 pm, one of our latest yet!  This evening, the dress rehearsal, then performances on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  Skip and I planned on going to the Denim & Diamonds fund raiser on Saturday, but for a while last night, it looked like I would miss it because I was needed at the Saturday performance.  Luckily for me, another violinist will be there on Saturday to take my place!! violin2

Our dinner last night at Soul Food supper was home made chili and potato soup, salad bar, corn bread and rolls, and cookies for dessert.  I was still so full from the JOY luncheon that I had just the chili with cheese and corn bread.

Pepe,
I'm sorry you had a painful night.  I hope that you have a better day on this sunshiny day in East Tawas!  We are having another sunny day and our temperatures are supposed to be in the 60's all week!  wheee

JoAnn,
Great that you have met a new Clay friend. Will Jennie be able to go to lunch, too?  This reminds me of when I first met Carol and also another local Clay fan, Vickie!  We still plan to meet you at the hospital after Meals on Wheels tomorrow, so let us know the address where you will be.

Hello to all checking in and/or reading and have a Terrific Thursday!
  Hug

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2010, 06:33:50 AM »

GOOD MORNING I HAVE A MEETING THIS AM. WITH THE LADY FROM MY EXCERCISE CLASS TO DISCUSS IF SHE THINKS I CAN DO IT,I AM REALLY HURTING MY JOINTS FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ON FIRE. MY NECK HURTS TO NOT THAT IT IS DUE TO THE CLASS JUST SOMETHING I LIVE WITH ON A DAILY BASIS.

I STARTED A NEW B/P MED MAKES ME TIRED.NEED SOME GROCERIES, ALSO TO GET MY SECRET SIS SOMETHING FOR ST. PATRICKS DAY.

THE SUN IS SHINING BRIGHTLY ON MY OLD KY. HOME THIS AM JUST BEAUTIFUL. BUT STILL COLD. PEPE TAKE CARE OF YOU. Huggles

WELL GOTTA GO GET READY I WOULD SCARE ANYONE WHO SAW ME.

PRISSY I THINK HIGHLIGTS WOULD LOOK GOOD ON YOU. I JUST LOVE MINE NO GRAY AT ALL, Paranoid WELL TTYL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2010, 08:07:59 AM »

HI GALS

JUST A DRIVE BY TO SAY HELLO.
HAVE BEEN BUSY LATELY, MOSTLY IN THE DENTISTS CHAIR, UGH

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I AM THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL AND HAVE NOT DESERTED THE SHIP.

WAITING FOR MY GIRLFRIEND TO PICK ME UP FOR A LUNCH AND A MOVIE.
SHOULD BE PAINTING. doh

LOVE
JEANNE AKA JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx