gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:28:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 457
Total: 457

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 137  (Read 231996 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »

SHARON
I AM WAITING FOR MY AFTERNOON SNACK. LONGING FOR A CHOCOLATE DOUGHNUT. SO IN DESPERATION I JUST ATE A GRAHAM CRACKER, OK BUT NOT A ...........
HOW ARE YOUR SALES COMING ALONG. IS THE ECONOMY PUTTING A DAMPER ON THE SALES, I HOPE NOT.

Jan, I had chocolate donuts for you this morning, bet there's one left Huggles Wink
Yes the economy has affected business Jan, for a couple years now really.  I really just try to keep my bills paid so I don't have debt.  I can't have debt when it's just me now, luckily Al and I had the house paid off awhile ago or I'd be in trouble without his income.
Have fun tonight at the opera

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

wave

A beautiful day here! The boys and I ran errands - gas in the car, mail sent off, etc., then I went outside and worked on another sign.

JoAnn - Maybe you did try to do too much yesterday - glad your foot is feeling better this afternoon.

Philly - thanks for the information - I had never heard of Merecal before - wonder if the CD is up on Amazon, too?  EDIT - I just checked Amazon - not there yet!

Prissy - there are still a few Shoneys here, but they are not as good as they were when we were kids! I love the newest table - love the "ruffled" edges on the china. I agree that the other china is blue!

Jan/Jeanne - you are so lucky to be able to attend so many concerts - I love hearing about them. I still have my wedding dress - not a formal wedding dress (we married in my borher's living room), but I love my dress. My Mother made it - it is light blue organza. I have some of my childrens's clothes, too - the little outfits that they wore home from the hospitals when they were born.

Jan and Sharon - I just got this month's Family Circle Magazine in the mail - it has a stack of chocolate dounts on the cover!!! I assume the recipe is inside  Purple Banana

Cards have been cancelled for tonight - two of the women (sisters) are getting ready for a big garage sale this weekend. I'm glad - I want to watch The Biggest Loser!  Laughing

Have a fun afternoon, everyone!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2010, 01:42:07 PM »

Pepe - I forgot - I told you that Kaitlyn picked a huge bouquet of buttercups and paper whites this weekend (she took them home to her Mom). After we got back home, we saw that she had also picked bouquets of red Camelias and had put them on Peanut and Scooters graves.  Cry! I knew you would love that - grandchildren can do the sweetest things - they are our payment for putting up with children sometimes!  lmao

Also - who else is going to Raleigh to see Clay besides Betty - wonder if everyone who already lives there is going?  wave  Joyce - I hope you get to see lots of Claymaniacs there!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »

Fra nkie,
                    Thanks for the good wishes, I am really looking forward to going.I"ll" try to
                   give Clay a big hug for you. Just had an email from Claudia  she is going too.             
                    it will be nice to see her again.

Can"t quite decide what to pack! I think warm clothes and I have a raincoat
                     with a zip out lining. Might be good as they are forecasting lots of rain.

I also have my children"s baby clothes, can"t bear to part with them.
                                                  I"ll try to get back later.

Betty

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2010, 02:16:22 PM »

FRANKIE, what a sweet grandaughter  you have.   You sure know that she has a good heart to think of the puppies like she did.  Wonder why she did not mention it to you.  do you think she thought it might make you sad?  Those are special times and memories for sure.  I bought a flat cut of corn beef, want to fix that with the cabbage and carrots and all.  Have you fixed one in the crock pot before? 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »

PRISSY, love that table set up for tea.  It is just beautiful and feels so dainty and special.  I think we need to dress up to set at that table .   bigsmile  I can not even imagine having my jaw wired for six weeks.  I bet you drank tons of malts!!!

JEANNE, the meatloaf was good.  I think I put to much garlic in it though as I am burping like mad!!!!  Laughing Paranoid

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »

Good Afternoon!  (5 pm as I start to type!)

We decided to get out of the house!  It is a gorgeous day.  Sunny and 75 degrees!  wheee  We went by the bank and then had a late lunch/early dinner at the Macaroni Grill!  I had a coupon and a partial gift card to use!     Honey balsamic chicken, pasta and broccoli.  Both Skip and I brought home leftovers.

Frankie,
That brought a tear to my eye when I read about Kaitlyn leaving flowers for Scooter and Peanut!  What a sweet child!  Hug
I think I found the donuts featured on the Family Circle Magazine!!  (See below.) Wink
I love those ruffle like dishes, too!  And I agree, those were blue plates!

Sharon,
I hope your business will pick up.  It sounds like you are budget conscious which is good!    We all kind of adjust to what our finances are.  When we bought this house and sold my house, our house payment was six times as much!  shock   Then when I retired my retirement pay was ( and is) about 2/3 of what I had been bringing home.   But then the house was paid for, so it all kind of evened out! 

Pepe,
I did drink a lot of malts and shakes when my mouth was wired shut for 6 weeks.  Also, protein drinks and soups and broths.  I remember my oral surgeon called me one evening to see how I was doing and he said my mouth must be unwired because I was able to talk too plainly!! Laughing  I just love all of these dishes.  I was in "dish heaven" at the tablescapes display.

Jan/Jeanne,
Last Tuesday the Woman's Club of Fort Worth that I belong to had a showing of tablescapes by the Interior Decorating CLub.    21 tables all set up in one big room with beautiful centerpieces and china;  many did look like works of art.  I have been posting a "table at a time" with my posts!!   (I'm using the thumbnail picture so you can click onto it for a really LARGE PICTURE!)
How wonderful that your son enjoys the opera and symphony concerts, too! 

Jan,  Here are enough donuts for you to share with all of us chocoholics with "some"  left for you!! Wink   I love chocolate

Here is another tablescape!!

A coffee and dessert table set up with white and gold china and crystal!  I really like the white tablecloth contrasted with black or navy napkins with white ribbon bows!

(Clickable)

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2010, 03:46:52 PM »

Prissy, those donuts Thud! Thud! faint

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2010, 04:00:17 PM »

Kim on the RTM thread brought up the BIG BOY restaurants.  When she was 7, she used to climb on the Big Boy statue at the restaurant near her house. 

There were Big Boys around the country with different names.  Shoney's Big Boy, but they became their own restaurant and dropped the Big Boy.  Also Bob's Big Boys, and quite a few others.   I went to Wypedeia to read more about the Big Boy history.  I actually have two Big Boy banks that I bought before the Big Boy in Fort Worth closed.

That reminded me of my experiences in Fort Worth with Kip's Big Boy.  Here is my post from the RTM:

Peggy,
Thanks for the picture!! Hug

I have to jump in to this Big Boy discussion!!  We had a Kip's Big Boy in Fort Worth.  When my sisters and I were children and would go spend the night at my aunt and uncle's house, we would almost always go to Kip's Big Boy restaurant for dinner.  The Big Boy hamburger platter with a salad and fries, and that famous Big Boy Thousand Island dressing that they put on the burger as well as the salad!!  Of course, a hot fudge sundae for dessert!  And the hot fudge was in a little container that you would pour on your ice cream.

When I was a student at TCU (Texas Christian University), often several of us would go to lunch at Kip's Big Boy.  It was just a few blocks from the university.  When I became engaged to my first husband, whom I met at TCU, yep, we went to Kip's Big Boy.  Even (second husband) Skip and I had a few meals there, too.

More than 20 years ago (between husband 1 and husband 2),  I had jaw surgery and my mouth was wired shut.  Yes, I still went to Kip's Big Boy with a friend.  I don't remember what I ordered but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the burger platter and hot fudge sundae!! Laughing

Sadly, it has been gone for several years now!  A Denny's took over that restaurant.   I will always have fond memories of Kip's Big Boy and that famous thousand island dressing!  (Hot fudge sundaes, too!) Wink

Kim,
It never occurred to me or my sisters to try to climb up the Big Boy!!  We were just not as adventuresome as you!!  lmao

cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »

Prissy - Stopped over and saw those delicious donuts. Oh my gosh - how delicious they look.

Hi everyone.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2010, 07:23:43 PM »

wave

Just finished watching The Biggest Loser.

Pepe - we bought a corn beef roast at SAMs on Sunday (they have great ones!), and of course I cooked it in the crock pot. I cooked the potatoes and carrots in the crock pot, too, but cooked the cabbage separately (I've cooked the cabbage in the past in the crock pot with everything else, but it is better cooked separately). I don't know why Kaitlyn didn't mention the flowers. I was outside with her (I ws painting a sign) and she and the boys were playing in the yard where I could see and hear them - I just did not notice her picking the flowers. Guess she didn't think it was necessary to mention them. She loved the girls, and still talks about them often.

Prissy - I remember the "Big Boy" well! I'm going to go read that donut recipe now.

Betty - have a great concert! I just got an email about Clay reconfiguring the theatre today so that more tickets could be sold - I just got the email, and the tickets went on sale at noon!  Have a fun, safe trip - we will be waiting to hear from you.  Huggles

Hello, Evelyn - good to see you!

Good Night, OCD - see you tomorrow.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »

WOKE UP TO POURING DOWN RAIN. AND A EAR ACHE. I WAS OUT IN THE WIND THE PAST COUPLE DAYS. THATS A NO NO FOR ME. I USED TO THINK MY MOM WAS CRAZY WHEN SHE TOLD ME SHE COULD NOT TAKE WIND WELL I AM NOW A  BELEIVER. ANYWAY TOOK SOME TYLENOL/ HOPE I CAN GET BACK TO SLEEP. I ORDERED  2 OF CLAYS CDS. IT HAS A DVD WITH IT TO. WONDER WHAT THAT IS.

ITS WARM OUTSIDE YAY. bigsmile

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #272 on: March 10, 2010, 04:25:57 AM »

Morning Glory~~~I love saying that Laughing
Morning everyone wave coffee, hot tea and chocolate with marshmallows is here! Betty have your tea before you leave please, and have an amazing time Huggles
Chocolate donuts for all, Jan come and get it, and let us know how the opera was
Our Kim in the RTM lost her beloved granny last night, lived a long good life Huggles

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #273 on: March 10, 2010, 05:03:16 AM »

Good morning everyone!   wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #274 on: March 10, 2010, 06:00:43 AM »

Good Morning!

I did remember my once a week pill that I take on Wednesday.  Last week was the JOY games/luncheon and I totally forgot about the pill and took it on Thursday morning.

No special plans today except to keep working on my closet and gathering things to give away or take to my "ebay" sister.  Soul Food Supper this evening.

It looks like another warm, gorgeous day, but I just saw that rain is a possibility later today.  Our ground really needs a few days to dry out;  getting very soggy in places.

Frankie,
I should have copied that recipe when I found the donuts picture from the Family Circle magazine.  doh

Sharon,
Now, I did notice that not all of the donuts in the picture were chocolate, but they sure all look good.  Thanks for letting us know about Kim's granny.  I just posted in the RTM.

Evelyn,
Good to see you here on the OCD!!  Big Boy restaurants were all over the country at one time.  I have not seen one even traveling in years.

Pepe,
I hope you have another beautiful day in East Tawas!  Maybe Spring will come early.  I am enjoying seeing the daffodils and jonquils growing;  just waiting for the blooms!

Glory,
I do think the wind can cause us to have health problems.  I try to cover my head, ears, and even part of my face when it is windy.

Skip just returned from the cleaners and said we have a severe weather forecast, so I guess the storms are on their way!  eek!

Hello to all checking in and/or reading and have a Wonderful Wednesday!  Hug

I am nearing the end of my tablescape pictures.  Only a few more to go! sad

This one was kind of "busy"  (lots of crystal items) and what was unusual was that a large mirror in four quarter sections was set on top of this tablecloth.  I thought it had an "oriental" feel to it, also.

(Clickable)

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2010, 06:07:02 AM »

Prisy, that oriental feel tablescape is very in right now, a lot of asian red color showing up in fashion  Clapping I wonder if the mirror helps you not dribble soup down your chin  Paranoid

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2010, 06:45:49 AM »

wave

Good Morning! Clay's new CD is #7 on Amazon this morning - I was gong to post that in the ANN, but it hasn't been started yet today. I ordered 3 - one for me, my usual backup, and one for my sister (who never, ever buys music for herself - she waits for me to buy it for her!  Laughing )

Prissy, Sharon, and others.....I did read the donut recipe last night - a basic cake recipe with several variations and toppings. It is a low fat recipe - dounts are baked instead of fried. I actually have an electric donut baker - got it several years ago for Christmas. From what Prissy said, the recipes are available on line - if you cannot find them, I will be glad to copy the page and mail it out to anyone interested.

Glory - feel better  Huggles

Sharon - thank you for breakfast and for telling us about Kim's granmother.

Prissy - Another beautiful table.  Clapping

Betty - I'm thnking about you this morning - wondering what time your train leaves!

Carol - enjoyed this morning's email photos of the deer - are you lurking here?

Jayne - have you talked to Boca lately? I'm wondering how Niki is doing - her baby is due next month.

Meesa - I'm shocked that you have time to post this week - I know you must be very busy!

Happy Wednesday, everyone - pretty weather here right now, but we do have storm predicted.

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2010, 07:22:43 AM »

Frankie,
                    We now have front row Messanine seats in the center.. Not worrying about any more
                    changes. We are donating our first tickets. I hope the scalpers were truly stuck with
                    their greed.

Our train leaves at 7.50 tonight, arrives 9 something in the morning.There are two
                      ladies coming from Sarasota and Tampa and they are getting a seat for me.

I"ll order my CDs when I come back or maybe today. Can"t wait till June.

Have a good day everyone.

Betty
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »

Betty,
Have a wonderful trip! I would have posted to you, but I thought you had already left on your trip.   I would love to be on that train with you.  I did read that you are taking some snacks including I love chocolate   bigsmile

Frankie,
I will see if I can find the donut recipe again online and post it in the Recipe Swap Thread.

Sharon,
I got a laugh out of the mirror to help you see if you dribble. Laughing   I am getting really bad about having whatever I eat show up on the front of my top or shirt!!  When I wash my clothes, I just automatically spray SHOUT or SPRAY N WASH on the front of any of my tops!!   lmao 

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2010, 08:53:05 AM »

FRANKIE, I thought I remembered  you saying that you didn't cook the cabbage in the crock pot.  I will cook mine separate also and when it is cooked than will put it in the crock pot at the last so it gets some flavors from the juices of the meat.  I saw on the weather  you were supposed to get some storms.  Be safe and stay close to the house.  bigsmile

PRISSY, DUDLEY and JOANN, saw that you all were going to get some bad weather also today.  Hope it doesn't get to bad just watch the sky for any threatening weather and pray everyone will be safe. 

PRISSY, so happy when Soul Food Supper rolls around.  you always have something very good to eat and usually gives me hints on upcoming menus I can fix.  Love the story you told of the Big Boy.  I really thought that Big Boy was only in Michigan now.  My kids all worked at one when they were in high school.  Many memories for sure, they have the biggest and best desserts also. 

BETTY, have a wonderful time and glad you got better seats.

MEESA,  Huggles  good luck getting everything done sweetie!!! 

LOLITA, I know you are busy but I sure do miss you.

GLORY so sorry about your ear ache!!!  Does a heating pad help?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx