gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 359
Total: 359

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD Support Group - Session 137  (Read 231940 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2010, 08:57:52 AM »

wave

Good Morning! I'm checking in before going outside - have more signs to paint. Commercial property is in high demand here, due to the Super Walmart being built and the Haynesville Shale (I think I mentioned a year or so ago that natural gas has been discovered in Louisiana - our Parish and the surrounding Parishes are right on top of the
Shale - our quiet country life may be changing).

Jayne -  Huggles so glad to see you here. I noticed on the weather this morning that most of Florida is colder today than it is here!  Clapping Clapping Clapping that Laura and Kyle will be home, and a special congratulations to Laura! I still have all of Idol taped, but haven't watched one show yet.

Meesa - only a week or so until your wedding - I'm wishing for every happiness for you, and hope all of the plans and details are finished.

Sharon - a good morning for hot chocolate and coffee - it is still cool outside, but is going up to 70 today!

Prissy - another beautiful table - thank you for checking on JoAnn.

Pepe - I'm sorry to hear that your Council is so far away.

Glory - congratulations on the new baby! I didn't realize she was due so soon. Glad you won't have to move!

Happy TGIF, everyone - see you later...............

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2010, 09:26:22 AM »

Good Morning (again)!

Skip and I stopped at the hospital before going to pick up our meals for Meals on Wheels, and JoAnn had already been dismissed from recovery.  I called Jennie and they had just arrived home.  The surgeon said everything went fine and he shaved away some of that extra bone and did some work on ligaments, too.  JoAnn is supposed to keep her foot elevated with an ice pack on it for about two days.  When she gets up she must use her crutches and not put any weight on the foot.

JoAnn, Jennie, and their cousin Randy all got up at 4 this morning to be at the hospital by 5:30, so I hope they are all having a nice long mid morning nap.  I won't call for a while to give them time to rest. 

Pepe,
I have seen the food show you are talking about where the lady does the beautiful tablescapes, too.  I need to check when that show comes on!

Jayne,
Congratulations to Scooter!   Great that they will both be with you on their "individual" Spring Breaks.

Meesa,
We need some details about your wedding plans, if you have time.  Will your nephews be ring bearers?  What will your music be?  I know you're busy, so I understand if you don't have time to post.

Glory!
Grandma again!  Now, does this make No. 5, or have I lost count!  Laughing   I'm so happy for you!

Sharon,
Nice of you to save JoAnn's coffee for her!!  Love the chocolate as usual!!

If JoAnn calls, I will post immediately!  No special plans except for the opera performance this evening!

Another tablescape!!

This one was very formal with the gold and burgundy runners, white dishes and crystal, and I suppose the covered white bowls are for a soup course!  Another beautiful centerpiece!

(Clickable)

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2010, 09:50:49 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I'm back! bigsmile   I wore my crutches and hobbled into the office.  It's just one bedroom past mine.  My foot isn't hurting, at least not yet.   I was "minding my own business" in pre-op at 7:20 this morning and then the next thing I knew, I was back in my room having coffee and two graham crackers.  lmao
   I guess they did everything they were supposed to. I feel cold because of the ice pack. 

Sharon-Thanks for the coffee--they delivered it to me in post op! bigsmile

Thanks Prissy and Skip for the call.   Huggles

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2010, 10:35:58 AM »

wave JOANN, glad you are home and the surgery was fast and successful.  Thank goodness for your cousin coming, he is really a jewel.  While you are on crutches it is great that he is around to help out if needed.

PRISSY, love that table setting.  I am in love with the soup tureens on the table.  They are gorgeous.

FRANKIE, how much property do you have?  Is there money to be made by some of the residents?  Don't know to much about natural gas and what they pay.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »

Hi JoAnn wave so glad all is well Clapping Huggles bigsmile

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2010, 10:58:46 AM »

JoAnne,
                        I"m glad to hear the surgery is over and you are doing fine. Be careful of those crutches

and don"t try to do too much.

GRANDMA GLORY  ,
                                             Congratulations on your new little angel.   Hope Mamma and baby are fine.

Thank goodness! you don"t have to move. The landlord possibly realized

what a good tenant he has.

Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2010, 11:09:11 AM »

Frankie,
                     I"m glad you are being kept busy selling, things must be hopping there.
                        Wish it were here in Florida. On the other hand, Disney brought lots of
                       activity here, lots of building which is standing empty now.

I liked Orlando and Winter Park much better before Disney, they were
                          quiet and pretty then.

I remember you said your Mother had Lupus, what were her biggest problems??
                                 My check ups with my cardiologist and primary doctor are both due at the end
                                 of this month so I will  get thier oppinions.

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »

Pepe,
                   I hope you are having a good day and not in so much pain, It"s hard not to be able to
                   do the things you want to do.

This has been a busy week as I am going to Raleigh next Weds. and my daughter leaves for
                    Scotland on the Friday. I"m trying to keep up with the laundry and housecleaning ,never mind
                      I shall be on my own when I come back so I can catch up then.

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2010, 11:21:31 AM »

Meesa,
                        I hope all your wedding plans are going well, everything always works
              out at the end!!!!

Can"t wait to see you in your beautiful gown.

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2010, 11:25:07 AM »

Prissy,
                      I don"t know how you remember all the things you have to do in a day.

The tablescapes are beautiful, I can"t decide which one I like the best.

My Mom used to do pretty table sttings, I remember how she could
                      fold table napkins to look like Swans.

Betty
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »

YEP PRISSY NUMBER 5 NUMBER 6 DUE IN JULY. Laughing ALL OF THEM WERE BORN WHILE I HAVE BEEN HERE WITH YOU ALL, AMAZING ISN'T IT.

BETTY HE AND I LAUGHED ABOUT ME MOVING HE SAID NO I DON'T WANT YOU TO MOVE. NOW I HAVE TO DECIDE IF I WANT TO FIX UP THE DOUBLE DECK IN BACK,AS I HAD PLANED IF I EVER HAVE TO LEAVE ALL MY STUFF WILL GO WITH ME. THE FLOORS AND PAINT WERE NOT EXPENSIVE AT ALL. SO I REALLY DID NOT LOSE MUCH. BUT I LIKE MY LITTLE HOUSE AND AM HAPPY NOT TO MOVE.

PEPE TAKE IT EASY.  Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2010, 12:04:14 PM »

wave

Sign is finished -  the one we really needed. There is another one that I could paint, but I am out of the mood. Lewis says it is hard having such a moody employee  Laughing

Pepe - many people here have made a lot of money from gas leases - as much as $25,00 per acre, and that is only for the lease - they will get an additional check each month once the wells start pumping.  The smallest amount we've heard of for a lease is $6,000 an acre. It is amazing. The gas companies started leasing in the Shreveport area, and are just now getting down to our Parish. Not everyone will directly benefit, of course. People with lots of land will benefit the most. We are just glad that the economy has been helped so much by all of this.  We are getting so many requests for office space, and there is none to rent. All of the gas companies have employees that spend all day in the court house checking land titles to see who is the legal owner of property - they all need office space. We may rent out the back room in our office building - we only use it now for extra file cabinets, which can be moved to another room.

Prissy - another beautiful table - I love seeing them.

Betty - my Mom did not have Lupus - they thought she might have it, but when all of the testing was finished, she did not. Lewis' Aunt did have Lupus, and she had many symptoms. It is hard to say what was directly caused by Lupus itself. (For instance, she had a lot of breathing problems, but she was also a life long smoker). Lupus, from what I understand, can have many symptoms, and can cause someone to have only a couple of problems, or a lot of problems. I am praying that you won't have a lot of problems.  Huggles I am so excited for you - you will be in Raleigh before you know it!  Purple Banana

JoAnn -  so glad you are already home! Hope you have some Happy Pills to keep the pain away for the next couple of days!

Glory - hope you get to see the baby soon. If they email photos to you, email them on to me and I will post for you. My email address is in my profile.

Have a good afternoon, everyone - time to straighten the house.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I don't know if JoAann, Jennie and Randy have slept, but I just slept for about an hour in the recliner!  shock

JoAnn,
What are you doing out of bed?  I thought you were supposed to keep that foot elevated with ice?  I guess that was just a short time up!  I'm glad the surgery went well.  I am assuming you have some pain pills for when the anesthesia/pain medicine wears off!

Pepe,
Soup tureens.  That's what those white covered bowls are with the chicken on top of the lids.  Very cute.  I have not seen individual tureens like that before.

Pepe, Sharon, Betty,and Frankie,
I'm glad you are enjoying the tablescapes.  I just love a beautifully set tables.  These are a little extreme, and I don't know that you could see the person across from you with the elaborate centerpieces, but I really got such pleasure out of seeing them.  I told Skip it was a real treat for me!

Frankie,
Great to hear there is so much real estate business in your area and now a new Walmart coming in!!  How close will that be to you?  Some people are glad to see Walmart in their community, others are not.  I always feel badly for the small businessman who has to compete with Walmart.  We are having another beautiful sunny day.

Betty,
Just a short time before you go to Raleigh.  I will miss not getting to see you there.  I know you will have a great time with the "Raleigh people" and others able to attend.

I am going to fix us some lunch and do a little "house" stuff.  We may go out again for a short while.

I hope you all are having a lovely afternoon. Hug

Here is another kind of "wild" table setting:  flamingos and bright pink and green boas and pink gerber daisies on a navy with white dots tablecloth!  I recognize the pink glassware (I have all kinds of pink glassware/dishes), and the floral pink dishes, a dear friend (now deceased) had these same dishes!

(Clickable)

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2010, 12:11:25 PM »

wave

Prissy - the pink and green table is so cute! I have a small collection of pink
Depression Glass - mainly just serving pieces - bowls and plattters. The Walmart will be only 3-4 miles from my house. It is being built in what is now an open field outside of town between our town and the next little town just north of us. It may have an effect on the two grocery stores in town, hard to say. There is already a Walmart here, so the other businesses should not be effected too much. Personally, I go to  Walmart only once or twice a month. I was so happy when the Walgreens came to town - I can run in for small items without haveing to go to Walmart!  Clapping

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2010, 12:40:43 PM »

Frankie,
                          We had natural gas in Yorkshire and it was much cheaper than electricity.

Thanks for the Lupos info. so far the constant rashes and itching have been the worst.
                          I"v had fibromyalgia  for a long time so it may have nothing to do with Lupus.

Trying to get everything done before I  leave.

I told Corina I was going to have Salmon every night while she is in Scotland!!!

betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2010, 12:44:15 PM »

Prissy,
                         I wish you were going to Raleigh, I really enjoyed meeting you and JoAnne
                         at the Gala.

Does the Biltmore tempt you? I am hoping he comes closer. I am still going to
                           check on transportation to Ashville!!!

Betty
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2010, 01:03:07 PM »

Frankie,

I inherited the pink depression glass from my grandmother and I have all kinds of different pieces of it.  I think I only have a setting of six of everything, so I have used it for small group luncheons.  It was fun trying to use almost everything.

Frankie, the terra cotta table with the quilt for a tablecloth and large watering can for the centerpiece....I sent those pictures to a lady from church and she recognized the coasters as the little saucers for small terra cotta pots,  and as I looked again, I think the charger plates were large terra cotta saucers for large pots!!   I can just see that copper water can centerpiece in the nook area of your kitchen (where you left the wall blank above the lower cabinets for seasonal decorations).
THis is still one of my favorite tablescapes and I think it would look great for a garden club table setting!

We have two Walmarts close to us;  one only about 10 minutes away, but they are in very busy areas with lots of restaurants, gas stations, and other shops around them. 

Betty,

Biltmore is tempting.  Skip and I went years ago and did have a tour of the mansion and the grounds!  I don't think I went to his concert on the grounds!! Don't Know   I looked at my list of concerts in the thread CLAY IN CONCERT AND YOU  and I don't see Ashville there! 
I will wait and see if he comes close to us. 

Like JoAnn, I have not enjoyed his outdoor concerts and I think it has been because we had awful seats at all of them, including Atlanta!   I will wait for an indoor concert, too.  I wish he would come back to NOKIA in Grand Prairie, just about 25 minutes from me!! wheee

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2010, 01:24:00 PM »

GRRRR

WROTE A LONG POST ABOUT 30 MINUTES AGO AND IT HAS DISAPPEARED.
OH WELL,

HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL, I AM ON MY WAY HOME NOW.
WISH I KNEW WHERE MY POST WENT. MAYBE I FORGOT TO "SEND" IT???????

LOVE
JAN AKA JEANNE

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2010, 02:32:30 PM »

Jan,
                 I think it is out looking for mine!!!

Betty
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2010, 07:11:21 PM »

wave

This is a quick Good Night post! I won't be here again until tomorrow afternoon. Lewis is working on a fund raiser for a local group tomorrow, so I am getting up early to attend Kaitlyn's first Spring soccer match. I will have to be dressed and out the door by 7!  doh I am going to offer for Kaitlyn and Grand dog Toby to come home and spend the night tomorrow night if she has no other plans tomorrow afternoon. So, have a good night, and a fun Saturday, everyone - see you when I get back. 

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx