gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195483 times)
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #520 on: March 14, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »

I PUT THIS IN THE PBS THREAD, BUT IT PROBABLHY BELONGS HERE BETTER.

SOMETHING CROSSED MY MIND WHEN I WAS TALKING TO MARION THIS MORNING.  ACAC WAS A DUD.  A BIG BORING DUD.  NOW THAT I SEE WHAT COULD HAVE AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE, I AM MORE FURIOUS THAN EVER WITH RCA.  THINK ON IT.  A SMALL STAGE.  NO LIGHTING.  BORING CRAP.  I HAVE TO WONDER WHAT CLAY'S CAREER WOULD BE LIKE IF RCA HAD BACKED CLAY LIKE THIS.  A SPECIAL WITH SOME OF THESE ELEMENTS.  THE SAME TYPE OF THING COULD HAVE BEEN DONE FOR ATDW.  IF HE SOLD 1/2 MILLION WITH ONLY THE BAREST OF EXPENSE, WHAT COULD HE HAVE SOLD WITH PROMO LIKE THIS?  HE WAS STILL A PRETTY BIG DEAL BACK IN 2006 RIGHT AFTER THE AI5 FINALE WHEN HE STOLE THE SHOW.

ANNOYING.

SUNNY-- doh bigsmile

THIS IS CUTE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/dylon/Clay__Jamie_3_121copy.jpg

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #521 on: March 14, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »

GWENN WHEN I THINK OF OLD FART FACE I GET AGGREVIATED TO.

I THINK DECCA AND CLAY FIT LIKE A GLOVE NEVER SAW THAT FROM RCA EXCEPT WHEN CLAY SOLD CD'S FROM MOAM. THEY SLIPPED UP BIG TIME BUT THEY NEVER PROMOTED RUBEN EITHER. ANYWAY WATER OVER THE BRIDGE NOW, ONWARD AND FORWARD THATS MY MOTTO.I SURE WISH I HAD GONE BUT I WOULD HAVE CRIED DURING THE WHOLE THING,I KNOW I WOULD HAVE. I HAVE A HEART OF PURE MUSH. Laughing

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #522 on: March 14, 2010, 05:21:27 PM »

I SURE WISH I HAD GONE BUT I WOULD HAVE CRIED DURING THE WHOLE THING,I KNOW I WOULD HAVE. I HAVE A HEART OF PURE MUSH. Laughing
I know where you could have gotten some tissues.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #523 on: March 14, 2010, 05:27:03 PM »

THANKS SUNNY I AM SURE I WOULD HAVE APPRECIATED THEM TO. Huggles Huggles

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #524 on: March 15, 2010, 04:36:23 AM »

I SURE WISH I HAD GONE BUT I WOULD HAVE CRIED DURING THE WHOLE THING,I KNOW I WOULD HAVE. I HAVE A HEART OF PURE MUSH. Laughing
I know where you could have gotten some tissues.

Oh you're good Laughing lmao

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #525 on: March 15, 2010, 06:31:26 AM »

JUST READ AT CH CLAY SAID THE TMJ SURGERY DID NOT WORK.I WONDER WHAT HE WILL DO NOW, ANYBODY KNOW IF THE TMJ IS PAINFUL,I MEAN THE ORIGINAL TMJ NOT THE SURGERY ITSELF. POOR GUY.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #526 on: March 15, 2010, 06:45:57 AM »

Good Lord, wasn't he healing from that for about 6 months?? Poor guy! Paranoid

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #527 on: March 15, 2010, 08:24:23 AM »

JUST READ AT CH CLAY SAID THE TMJ SURGERY DID NOT WORK.I WONDER WHAT HE WILL DO NOW, ANYBODY KNOW IF THE TMJ IS PAINFUL,I MEAN THE ORIGINAL TMJ NOT THE SURGERY ITSELF. POOR GUY.

Good Lord, wasn't he healing from that for about 6 months?? Poor guy!

I'd love to read some verification of this latest news before I start pulling out my hair.  Say it isn't so.   

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #528 on: March 15, 2010, 08:28:51 AM »

Busy week for a couple of ladies here on CM.  GWENN, Barry's surgery is Wednesday, right?  And MICKI, your closing is tomorrow and your move is a few days after that??

After church I spent most of yesterday collapsed on the couch.  And I slept until 9 this morning.  I don't know what's going on with me, but I certainly don't have time for this "resting".    Paranoid  But I am determined to keep going to the health club at least twice weekly.  Maybe I will finally build up some strength. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #529 on: March 15, 2010, 09:13:51 AM »

I read on one of the boards that Clay's manager ,Simon Renshaw said that Clay & Ruben would be touring for three weeks this summer,and Asheville would be the 1st show,and Tried & True Tour would probably be after Jan..

Don't jump on me!!! It's not my fault, and it HOPEFULLY may just be a rumor.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #530 on: March 15, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »

I read on one of the boards that Clay's manager ,Simon Renshaw said that Clay & Ruben would be touring for three weeks this summer,and Asheville would be the 1st show,and Tried & True Tour would probably be after Jan..

Don't jump on me!!! It's not my fault, and it HOPEFULLY may just be a rumor.
Laughing

I think I read that at the Clackhouse, along with the report from someone who won the rehearsal pass that he said the TMJ surgery wasn't helpful.

January could be a tough time to tour--unless people get/buy themselves tickets as holiday gifts.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #531 on: March 15, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »

AFTERNOON--

MY LIFE IS SO BUSY.  PUT UP A HUGE POT OF CHICKEN SOUP THIS MORNING.  PHONE DIDN'T STOP.  BARRY IS IN  SO MUCH PAIN.  NURSE PRACTITIONER DOUBLED HIS MEDS.  DID BILLS.  DID 2 LOADS OF LAUNDRY.  SO, I JUST SAT HERE TO SEE WHAT WAS UP.

I DID READ THE TMJ SURGERY DID NOT WORK ACCORDING TO CLAY.  VERY SAD AFTER ALL THAT PAIN.  I ALSO READ THE TOUR THIS SUMMER IS A SHORT ONE WITH RUBEN AND THE MAIN TOUR IS BEGINNING OF NEXT YEAR.  I GUESS I AM OFF TO ASHVILLE. bigsmile icon_eek  I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE HE SAID DURING THE  Q& A PART OF THE REHEARSAL BUT I HOPE WE HEAR MORE.  STILL CANNOT GET SM OUT OF MY MIND.  OMG, IT ROCKED.

1 1/2 DAYS UNTIL THE SURGERY.  WE CANNOT WAIT.

MICKI--GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK TO YOU.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #532 on: March 15, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

Gwenn~ I have been thinking a lot about you & Barry a lot to day, and am praying for you both.

I have also been thinking a lot about SM ..Lordy have Mercy!:thud

Has anyone hear from Marilyn.?It seems several gals were having trouble with cancelled flights yesterday, and I haven't seen her post,so was wondering if she got home alright.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #533 on: March 15, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »

MIMI I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING SHE HAS NOT POSTED AT CV EITHER, I HOPE SHE IS OK...

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #534 on: March 15, 2010, 03:12:34 PM »

FROM THE CH.

More from the Q&A: Someone asked Clay why songs from the 50's & 60's. He said there wasn't really anything special for him other than the songs that just kept resonating with him seemed to fit in the 50's & 60's. He talked about Dave finding the songs & they decided to commit to the 50's & 60's. He said there was one song that they were going to do but found it was done in the early/mid 70's so they dropped it. He said that there was another song that became a hit in 1970, It's Impossible, but Dave chimed in that it was recorded in 1969 so they let that one slip in.

While trying to explain how Clay felt about Decca he told us that last week when he was in NY rehearsing with the band he went to the Decca offices for a fitting. He talked about how much he HATES fittings. He said he usually walks in for a fitting and starts pointing at each set saying "No, No, No, No, No." This time he walked in and looked around and saw only one thing he was a bit iffy on. He put both hands on his heart & said that the people at Decca get him. They aren't trying to make him something he's not & he finally feels like he's home. While telling this story he did tell Dave to close his ears so as not to embarrass him.

I agree with him that he is finally home musically. This is the type of music he wants to make & he's got that magical vocal instrument that just wraps around every note in an absolute pure way. I can't wait to hear what the recorded cd will sound like. I want those deep tones on a recorded CD.

More from Q&A: There was a camera man following Clay around all day. He also taped during the rehearsal & at least some of the Q&A. Clay insisted it was some of the most boring video tape ever but some of it would probably be used for the DVD. When he said it was boring someone asked if he would sell it & he immediately went into the "How much are you willing to pay"

Someone asked about a UNICEF trip. He said that the person he use to work with on his trips is no longer with UNICEF USA. She has gone to UNICEF International. He said that unless this album goes big internationally he has to stay with UNICEF USA. The USA organization seems to need short notice for trips and he really can't do that any more. For example he was asked to go somewhere in 2 weeks. He said with a child he needs more time to schedule. He also said he really doesn't want to go somewhere safe but he really shouldn't go somewhere very dangerous because he has a child. He was going to go to Haiti but the response was so great he didn't need to go.

I asked him about blogging again on Huffington Post. He said he probably will but he wants to be careful to not over do it. He doesn't want to speak out so much that people just learn to ignore what he says.

During the Q&A Dave Novik was on the stage leaning against the side wall. Clay was sitting on the edge of the stage. Clay talked about some of the songs and how Dave had chosen a coulple that Clay did think he would like and they ended up being some of his favorites. He said he fell in love with Moon River when the London Symphony Orchestra recorded it and he videoed it with his iPhone. (So now he really has his own clack.)

We asked about international promotion and Clay turned to Dave and asked him. Dave said yes they were planning on taking it international.

You all heard about the tour or nat. Clay told us what he was doing with Ruben was just a few shows and that it would not be a tour like a bus tour. He said he didn't even know what they were going to do but that they had wanted to do something together for the last few years. Clay said we will know more about a tour when they see how the album does.

Simon Renshaw was there durin the rehearsal on Thursday night. I know I saw somewhere that someone saw him at RDU on Friday was either mistaken or he was picking someone up.

It was so great seeing both Dave & Simon there for Clay.

Several times when Clay referred to Decca he put his hands to his chest and said it was just such a joy working with them because they get him. He said he no longer feels like everyone is trying to force a square peg into a round hole.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #535 on: March 15, 2010, 05:21:20 PM »

I hope we hear from Marilyn soon and that she is OK.

Gwenn -- thank you so much for all the reports you brought over. 

I'm still thinking about the amazing show we saw Friday night.  It seems like eveyrthing I have read about it has been very complimentary and positive -- I think Clay hit it out of the park.  I hope seeing how good he really is, Decca and everyone in charge of Clay's career will continue to move forward with the plan they have started and that we get to watch it grow and grow.

Sorry to hear that the tour with Ruben will be so short.   I do hope that "beginning of next year" will not be January or February because travel is more difficult then and it will be harder for me to take vacation at that time of year..  Of course, looking on the bright side of life  bigsmile  maybe the economy will have improved, the CD will be a big success, etc. and Clay will be able to tour by himself.

Maybe another reason he can’t do a full tour this summer is that he has so many other things going on that there is no time--I’m determined to think positive.

Gwenn -- again my best wishes for Barry on Wednesday.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #536 on: March 15, 2010, 05:25:38 PM »

Of course, looking on the bright side of life    maybe the economy will have improved, the CD will be a big success, etc. and Clay will be able to tour by himself.

Maybe another reason he can’t do a full tour this summer is that he has so many other things going on that there is no time--I’m determined to think positive.

BARBARA, I'm with you on staying positive!   Smile

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #537 on: March 15, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »

I just called Marilyn, she is having computer problems.

Going home from Raleigh was not good. First the plane was late so her son could not
            meet her. She had to take two trains and a taxi to get home and may have some wind
             damage to the house.

She will try to post.
                                                                           Betty
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #538 on: March 15, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »

One last post?  ...this is interesting and impressive...

From Clayniac2 at the OFC (and probably CB)

I was at RDU airport for my 3pm Saturday flight home. After having lunch, I walked around and right to the stage production crew from the taping. I'm sorry that I don't know (or remember) their names, but there were four there. One was the "audience man" with the long hair, another was part of the filming crew and the last two were both the lighting crew (and from Ireland). I thanked "audience man" for a fabulous production, told him how it was the best that I had seen . He then intro'd me to the other three, and wanted me to know that the lighting was a very special treatment designed specifically for Clay for that night. They were so impressed with Clay; his talent, professionalism, attention to detail, and his sense of humor. They loved Ruben and Quiana too. They were also pleased that they were able to tape the concert straight through with only a short amount of "retakes." Only one of the three retakes was because of Clay, and that was the lyric scramble on Mack the Knife the first time. We chatted about Friday night and they told me that after the retakes and most of the audience left, there were just a few people, mostly family and teachers, who remained. I was fortunate enough to have remained there as well, and was able to watch the photo shoot. That was done with Clay's back to the audience section of the theater, the photogs were back where the band had been. Some poses resembled the Time photos, some TV Guide, and some new treatments. Then, when the photo shoot was over, Clay turned again to face the audience area, but was "miming" a couple of songs complete with a lot of personality and movement (even more than I had seen on some of the songs during the taping). I thought perhaps they were just trying for some tighter shots to edit into some of the songs, but the guys said no, it was being filmed for a commercial for the microphone which would be distributed in the tech world. Sorry, I don't know the name of the microphone company. We talked about how so many of us had formed lasting friendships with others all over the country and different parts of the world. Friendships that continue even when Clay is seemingly inactive. They said we were a great audience and they could feel the love. I also told them about how great Clay's concerts were, full of terrific music and lots of fun, and that Clay and Quiana were hilarious together. I told them what a wonderful singer she was too. We ended that part of the conversation with the information that the airing should be in June, but if not, then it will be done in August.

Anyway, the rest of the conversation that I remember had to do with my upcoming trip to Ireland, and with the next gig they were headed for in NYC. They will be taping another PBS special (which makes me think that they are hired by PBS) on board an aircraft carrier with the 4 Troops. This group has just returned from being stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan and have very uplifting music, so that should be a terrific special too.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #539 on: March 16, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »

hi-using my work computer so this will be quick

Home safe.
Lost my coat/raincoat in Raleigh on Friday-went to the theater on Sat. and they checked lost and found and took me into the theater but no luck. Not at the Marriot L &F either. Demmit!! Had to wear my brocade jacket from Friday when I got to NY
Plane delayed a couple of hours so my son could not pick me up as he had to go to work
Walked about 17 miles to the Air Tran shuttle (seemed like it-waaay the other side of the airport, down an escalator, up two escalators, across the moving sidewalk and the "sky walk". The shuttle took me to Jamaica station where I JUST caught a train- had to lug my suitcase and carryons down a huge flight of stairs.The doors to the train were closed but the conductor saw me and opened them again- otherwise an hours wait for the next one. Then I had to change trains for the local one to my town. Taxi home. Ridiculous price for just over a mile. The city taxi's are cheaper!
So my huge metal swing with the canopy is over on its back. Part of my fence is down. When I went to get the mail today some of my vinyl siding at the front of the house is blowing in the wind.

The insurance adjuster is coming Wednesday to look at my porch (which of course leaked all weekend) and the black mold and other damage. I will have him look at the siding and fence too.

But-CLAY WAS AWESOME!!! and I am so glad I got to go. And seeing some of you lovely ladies was icing on the cake.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx