gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 372
Total: 372

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195214 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #500 on: March 12, 2010, 09:56:17 PM »

Hey Johanna, if you're wondering where all of your posts went I moved them into a thread of their own here:

PBS Special Filming Reports 3-10-12

I had meant to create a thread earlier and completely forgot in all the hustle and bustle of today. Thanks so much for bringing over all those reports! Huggles

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #501 on: March 13, 2010, 08:28:12 AM »

Hello Ladies,

Please take a moment to read the PBS Special Filming Disclaimer.

Thank you!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #502 on: March 13, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT TIME MEESA WAS GETTING MARRIED, I CCAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #503 on: March 13, 2010, 03:46:07 PM »

ANYBODY KNOW WHAT TIME MEESA WAS GETTING MARRIED, I CCAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES.

wave GLORY, the wedding was scheduled for 2:00 CST today.  And I believe they're going to Las Vegas for their honeymoon!  bigsmile

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #504 on: March 13, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »

I AM BACK.  MY RECAP IS IN THE PBS THREAD.  I WILL JUST SAY THAT I AM SOOOO IN LOVE WITH THIS MAN. 

DIDN'T READ ANY OTHER RECAPS AND DON'T WANT TO.  I AM HOPING SOMEONE CAN ENLARGE ONE OF THE PROFESSIONAL PIX SO I CAN REALLY SEE HOW CLAY LOOKED.  I AM NOT LOOKING AT THE ONES TAKEN BY FANS.  CLAY MADE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR THAT HE DIDN'T WANT THAT.  I RESPECT HIS WISHES EVEN THOUGH SOME FANS THINK THEY DON'T HAVE TO.

GOTTA GO TEND TO BARRY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #505 on: March 13, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »

I RESPECT HIS WISHES EVEN THOUGH SOME FANS THINK THEY DON'T HAVE TO.
How can you be a fan of someone if, when they ask you to do something, your response is, "Screw you. It's all about me" ? scratch

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #506 on: March 13, 2010, 05:49:45 PM »

Hi ,
Just got back home from spending a wonderful day with Barbara Betty & Marilyn..
We started out with breakfast, then back to the hotel to met up with one of Bettys friends that she met on the train on her trip to Raleigh, Meg.

We caught the R Bus to downtown Raleigh and went to The Museum of NC Natural History..It was very interesting, and we had a very good time. Then we later had lunch at a English Pub(The Oxford)..walked back to hotel and on the way stopped in at the Krispy Creme Donut Shoppe(which fortunately for us, was right next door to the Marriott bigsmile)

We had a full busy day so we said our goodbyes and Barbara brought me home,and she is on her way back to Wilson.

Did I forget to tell you we have some great gals on this board ,and I treasure each & everyone of your friendships.

I left my recap on The PBS Special Filming thread.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #507 on: March 14, 2010, 05:03:05 AM »

wave Happy DST! Did everyone get enough sleep? Laughing

Sunny - What did you think of the show/songs? I'm curious.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #508 on: March 14, 2010, 07:22:42 AM »

I think I am still in a fog (or maybe I'm always in one) but this weekend was so very special.

We saw an absolutely remarkable show and the extra added bonus was getting so see so many long-time friends (notice I didn't say "old") and make some new ones.

Marlene, Gwenn, Jill, Betty & Marilyn -- it was great spending the time with you.  The one thing I didn't get to experience until 2005 is the fun that being with other fans is half the enjoyment of seeing a Clay show.  Not only do you see Clay but we can relive it that night and into the next day with friends who are there for the same purpose and understand exactly what you feel and are talking about.

Sunny & Michelle -- it was wonderful to see both of you again and to realize that we were sitting together at the show was an added bonus.

Tiffany -- it was so nice to finally meet you and I enjoyed the time we got to spend together.  Hopefully, I'll run into you at future concerts.

To Betty's friend, May, and all other ladies I met in the lobby -- you really don't meet a stranger in this fandom.

OK, Clay, we need info on the tour so we can make plans

Now I am going to have to turn this computer off and do what I have got to do to get ready for another week, otherwise, I'll probably sit here all day and read.

Marilyn and Betty - hope your trips home are safe and uneventfull

Gwenn -- my thoughts will be with you and Barry this week as he has his surgery.  I hope he will have complete relief from his pain.

To all others -- hope I see you "SOON" on the road.

Everyone have a great day and I'll see you later

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #509 on: March 14, 2010, 09:31:20 AM »

I LOVE THIS--

From cablegirl at CV:
Quote:
One tidbit that I will share is about who I was seated next to. When Clay asked all of his teachers to stand we ended up seated next to most of them (hoping the camera missed us). As the gentleman next to me started to sit down I said oh you were one of his teachers and he said, "No I was his High School Principal and he hated me." Well the show continued on and I waited till the end to talk to him again. He said that Clay was quite a hand full his senior year and that they had more than a few run ins... all said with a big smile on his face... he then told me that he had loved the show, thought Clay was fantastic and then shared something with me that I thought was so cool..... Back at the end of the second run of Spamalot Clay flew him, his wife and a few of the other teachers and their families to New York for 3 days... all expenses paid. He then said "He may have been a handfull, but I think we're all even now" and he smiled and laughed.

I AM INTERESTED IN THIS SINCE PINK WORKS FOR PBS.

Pink Armchair wrote:

I was so thrilled with the way the taping went. Clay, first of all, really was better than I've ever seen him and vocally he knocked it out of the park over and over again. Unbelievable. I have to say (and was fortunate to get to say to a couple of people associated with the production) that I had sat in a lot of tapings but had never seen something with that many elements go so smoothly, with so few retakes (damn it *g*) and almost no problems (the poor guy who broke his leg notwithstanding -- hope he's doing okay). I have a huge amount of respect for whoever directed it -- it was choreographed and orchestrated to the NTH degree -- a really first class production. It's very difficult to film something as if it were going out live, and they did it in spades. My hat is off to them.

In fact, my main emotion watching the performance was that it was like seeing a rare and priceless jewel, after years stuck in a drawer, finally placed in its proper setting. It was, in a word, dazzling, both visually and aurally. I think I'm always going to remember it that way.

And I can't wait to see how the whole thing translates on TV. If I recall correctly, Clay has always gone over pretty well on there. *g*

SO SORRY SM ISN'T ON THE CD.  I READ THAT 19E OWNS THE RIGHTS TO MUCH OF ELVIS'S STUFF.  WONDER IF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #510 on: March 14, 2010, 09:51:05 AM »

wave Happy DST! Did everyone get enough sleep? Laughing

Sunny - What did you think of the show/songs? I'm curious.

I always want more sleep! Laughing

I thought the show was very well done. They only used a couple different backdrops, but with lots of creative lighting effects, they worked to set the mood and keep the energy flowing. I liked some of the songs; others... just no. Either I was unfamiliar with them or they were slowed down to the point where the energy just dropped through the floor. Two older ladies next to me were bawling their eyes out at every song, clasping hands and passing paks of Kleenex back and forth. I remember sitting there and thinking a couple times, "Maybe I'm too young to be a Clay fan. I just can't appreciate this stuff." shrug

When he sang Suspicious Minds, the whole audience perked up. He followed it with Buttercup, and I thought, "If he keeps this going with a 3rd up-tempo, he'll blow the roof this place." But, he didn't. Two upbeat songs, and then he was back on the stool for something slow. I was disappointed--more so to read that neither of those songs will be on the CD. It looks like Mack the Knife will be the token uptempo.

Unchained Melody was a little different. But honestly, I heard him do it on AI... heard him do it in concert... heard him do it with David Foster... and never really cared for the song to begin with. So, I'm tired of it. I would have traded that one for something upbeat.

His voice was great, though. I think Decca probably said, "We'll do our part and support you financially to make a great album, promote you, etc., but you have to do your part and work with a coach and rehearse." And I thought it was sweet, and a little revealing, that he was so nervous when he first came out. Smile

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #511 on: March 14, 2010, 10:39:48 AM »

Barb and Mimi,

Before I do anything else I want to thank you both for your wonderful Southern Hospitality.
                    You are such kind and welcoming people.

Loved our tour around  the town and Marilyn and I got our wish........fish and chips
                    at the Oxford.

May and I arrived into Winter Park about  11AM and Kay and Linda had to continue
                                  to Tampa and Sarasota.
                                                                                          Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2010, 10:48:18 AM »

Gwenn,
                                It was lovely spending time with you and Jill, Why do I get the impression
                                that you really do like { love}Clay???

I pray that and he Barry"s surgery is very succesful and the pain will be gone.

Wish the concert had been televised so we could watch it again...NOW!!!!!!

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #513 on: March 14, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »

MIMI,
                     I know you will be hurting today, you walked a long time yesterday.

Rest now and put your feet up.

Betty
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #514 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »

A QUESTION DID HE SING CONWAY TWITTYS ITS ONLY MAKE BELEIVE IF HE DID DID HE KILL ON IT I LOVE THAT SONG.

SUNNY SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE NOT TO IMPRESSED OR MAYBE YOU ARE TO YOUNG FOR CLAY Laughing HE IS A YOUNG OLD SOUL. lmao

BUT HE CAN KILL ON SOME FAST ONES TO WE HAVE HEARD THAT. sigh.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #515 on: March 14, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »

SUNNY SOUNDS LIKE YOU WERE NOT TO IMPRESSED OR MAYBE YOU ARE TO YOUNG FOR CLAY Laughing HE IS A YOUNG OLD SOUL. lmao

BUT HE CAN KILL ON SOME FAST ONES TO WE HAVE HEARD THAT. sigh.
I probably wasn't as impressed as some folks were. It's not the kind of music I would listen to--and clearly, the songs didn't have the same meaning for me that they had for the women sitting next to me, swapping tissues the whole time. Paranoid

I thought the show was well-done, and I thought he did a good job in it. I just think his idea of a good tempo for a song and mine are radically opposite.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #516 on: March 14, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »

SUNNY SOME I LIKE SOME NOT SO MUCH BUT THATS THE WAY IT IS WITH MUSIC I LIKE THE UPTEMPO SONGS TO .

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2010, 02:00:41 PM »

SUNNY---I KNOW WHAT YOU HAD SAID AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT.  IT ISN'T AGE.  NOT AT ALL.  SM IS OLDER THAN SOME OF THE SLOWER SONGS.  YOU LIKE UPTEMPO SONGS.  THAT IS YOUR TASTE AND, FOR THE MOST PART, I DO ALSO.  THEY ARE MORE FUN. 

I THOUGHT OF THE BARBRA STREISAND CONCERT I WATCHED A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO.   HER SONGS ARE SURELY NOT  UPTEMPO.  NONE I CAN THINK OF ANYWAY.  I AM WONDERING IF REAL SINGERS LIKE SLOWER SONGS.  I HAVE NO REAL ANSWER.

THAT BEING SAID, THE UPTEMPO SONGS CLAY SANG REQUIRED SKILL.  HE DOES NOT SCREAM.  HE SINGS EVERY SONG.  EVERY NOTE. 

I HAVE NEVER HAD ONE CD FROM ANYONE WHERE I LOVED EVERY SONG.  NOT EVEN THE BEATLES.  I AM NOT EXPECTING TO LOVE EVERY CUT ON THIS CD.  BUT FROM WHAT WE HEARD, I WILL BASICALLY LIKE THE CD.  AND I WILL LOVE THE CONCERTS.

AND HE IS DOING WHAT HE WANTS TO DO.  GOOD FOR HIM.

SOMEONE ASKED REED HOW HE LIKED THE CONCERT.  HIS ANSWER---AMAZING.   Laughing Laughing Laughing  COULD WE EXPECT ANYTHING ELSE.  CUTE.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #518 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:52 PM »

I finally got some sleep last night( and over slept until 9:00 )even though I had set the clocks ahead..

I though about Betty this morning and knew she and her friends were still on the train traveling back home. It was good to see that she had posted,and that she was back home again. Now maybe you can catch up on your much needed rest Betty.

My knee did a lot better than I expected..I figured after all the walking that I would probably have a lot of difficulty today..So it must be healing a little more everyday.

Gwenn, I have been thinking a lot about you and Barry. I have certainly been praying for you both,and I hope Barry will be getting the relief he needs from his surgery on Wed.
You are a very strong woman, a lot more so I think than you give your self credit for. It was very sweet seeing your concern for your DH,and how devoted you are to your family.

I had reported to the gals that were here that on Thur my friend Ruth had had a set back,because she had contacted a stomach virus,and was unable to eat, so she was back on an IV. After talking to Moose a few minutes ago,I am happy to report she is now feeling much better.She is being treated with antibotics,and is able to eat now.
Moose said that she has been up several times today,and the therapist had her hopping around the room several times. Again thank you so much for your kindnesses & concern for this family.It has meant a lot to us all.

My DH is back from his trip to VA,and he took me out to eat lunch,and actually seemed very interested in my adventures this weekend..he asked a lot of questions,and I was more than happy to answer them ,and even some he didn't ask about.

My ex DIL called today to tell me how much she and her MIL Gail enjoyed the show. They both loved hearing about a lot of our Clay adventures while we were having dinner at The Pit. She said they both loved the show & would be interested in maybe going to some of his concerts, and that they were both going to buy his album...Converts, I Love em'. bigsmile

Gail is a 3rd grade school teacher,and she was so touched by the story Clay related about his 6th grade teacher,and the tribute to his past teachers, brought tears to both her and Stacey, as it did to many in the audience. I had been telling her for years now why I loved that man ,and they got their first hand experience of the wonderful person he is,and they both commented on how funny he wasalso ..They loved when he ws telling about that was the first time he had been on that stage in 14 years?and that wasn't it ironic that Clay Aiken one night, and "Menopause" the next night.Laughing

After you've been to something like this, you just keep thinking of so many little things that happened during the evening,and I just wish you had all been able to be there with us to experience Clay.

It was funny because we always refer to being in a Clay fog..Well you can ask Jill & Gwenn, they were actually in "Clay fog"in fact there were covered in it during MR. It was beautiful but you couldn't see the first few rows because of the foggy effect,so they were definetly in IT.bigsmile

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #519 on: March 14, 2010, 03:09:15 PM »

SUNNY---I KNOW WHAT YOU HAD SAID AND I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT IT.  IT ISN'T AGE.  NOT AT ALL.  SM IS OLDER THAN SOME OF THE SLOWER SONGS.  YOU LIKE UPTEMPO SONGS.  THAT IS YOUR TASTE AND, FOR THE MOST PART, I DO ALSO.  THEY ARE MORE FUN. 
More fun to dance to, too. (tutu?) Wink

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx