gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 258
Total: 258

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195545 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #420 on: March 10, 2010, 10:33:33 AM »

BARBARA, thank you for the sage advice and supportive words.  I know you are extremely familiar with Asst. Living Homes, as well.   Huggles 

LINDSAY, what fabulous news about your brother.  Huggles IMHO The fact that he was in such good physical shape to start with probably saved his life.  So glad you can take that worry off of your already-full plate.  Full-speed ahead! 

MEESA is getting married on Saturday!  Saying that just puts a huge smile on my face.   bigsmile    flower   Cheer! heartbeat

Although I've already wished safe travelS to all of the fortunate people attending the PBS taping.....I'd like to say it again....ENJOY THE CONCERT AND THE COMPANY OF ONE ANOTHER!!! 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #421 on: March 10, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »

On a more somber note.  I just heard that a young man from our local high school took his own life last night.  He was found in his bedroom closet hanging from the ceiling.  His younger sister found him this morning.  He was bullied incessantly because he was in the Drama Club and not part of the "In Crowd".   I bring this to you because we have discussed bullying here on the CM, esp. in regards to Clay.

I  can't begin to tell you how enraged I feel right now.  At the same time I am so very grateful that somehow through the grace of God above my 2 now adult sons escaped taking this tragic and final step.  As I have mentioned often in the past, both were bullied incessantly throughout jr. high and high school because they were "nerds", "geeks" and not particularly athletic.  They were accused of "using too many big words" and not being like the rest of the kids.    My heart goes out to this family at this time.  I don't know them personally, but I do feel that I understand the pain the mother is feeling right now.  They will be in my prayers.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #422 on: March 10, 2010, 10:47:40 AM »

Lindsay, so glad your brother is going home- wishing him a speedy recovery.

Thea, what a horrible ending for a young life. Why do kids have to be so cruel to one another? And those kids will probably never see that they are the ones who drove him to this tragic final step.

Praying for his family, and praying that bullies will see the light and shoulder the blame for this- although it will never happen.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #423 on: March 10, 2010, 10:49:52 AM »

Praying for his family, and praying that bullies will see the light and shoulder the blame for this- although it will never happen.

MARILYN, you are so right.  Sadly, it will most likely never happen.   icon_frown Cry!

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #424 on: March 10, 2010, 10:54:29 AM »

On a more somber note.  I just heard that a young man from our local high school took his own life last night.  He was found in his bedroom closet hanging from the ceiling.  His younger sister found him this morning.  He was bullied incessantly because he was in the Drama Club and not part of the "In Crowd".   I bring this to you because we have discussed bullying here on the CM, esp. in regards to Clay.

I  can't begin to tell you how enraged I feel right now.  At the same time I am so very grateful that somehow through the grace of God above my 2 now adult sons escaped taking this tragic and final step.  As I have mentioned often in the past, both were bullied incessantly throughout jr. high and high school because they were "nerds", "geeks" and not particularly athletic.  They were accused of "using too many big words" and not being like the rest of the kids.    My heart goes out to this family at this time.  I don't know them personally, but I do feel that I understand the pain the mother is feeling right now.  They will be in my prayers.

This makes me so angry. What about the parents of the kids doing the bullying? Are they just as ignorant and mean-spirited as their kids are? How can anyone teach a child that it's okay to set out to hurt someone?

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #425 on: March 10, 2010, 11:20:45 AM »

HoW very sad about that poor young boy,I do believe hate and ignorance begins at home.

As someone said." these tormentors have no remorse"

I can"t begin to imagine the sorrow of his family.

Betty
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #426 on: March 10, 2010, 11:45:28 AM »

This makes me so angry. What about the parents of the kids doing the bullying? Are they just as ignorant and mean-spirited as their kids are? How can anyone teach a child that it's okay to set out to hurt someone?

SUNNY, based on my personal experience about 15 years ago, some parents of bullies would blame the victim for being so "different" that he "invites bullying" and then chalk it up to the old "Survival of the fittest" theory.   Truly...it's ugly out there. 

BETTY,  Huggles  Safe travels, sweet lady!

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #427 on: March 10, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »

SUNNY, based on my personal experience about 15 years ago, some parents of bullies would blame the victim for being so "different" that he "invites bullying" and then chalk it up to the old "Survival of the fittest" theory.   Truly...it's ugly out there. 
doh

AAUUUGGGHHHHHH!!! You have got to be kidding me!! If we're talking survival of the fittest, how have people like this made it for so long? This kind of thinking boggles my mind!

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2010, 01:34:28 PM »

Thea,
                                Thank you. Just getting my bits and pieces together and then Corina will

take me to the train station. It"s years since I went on the train, I think the
                               four of us will have fun.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Wish you were going.

I bet Clay is so excited, I pray this will be a wonderful
                                             Night for him.

Betty

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2010, 02:44:26 PM »

WHAT A LONG DAY.  ALL SEEMS WELL FROM THE GYNO.  TOOK ER TO BREAKFAST AFTER.  THE PRE OP WASN'T ALL THAT BAD.  WHAT A PLACE.  LIKE A SMALL CITY.  I ROLLED BARRY AROUND IN A WHEELCHAIR SO HE HAD NO PAIN.  I GOT A WORK OUT. Wink Laughing  HE WILL HAVE TO STOP THE CELLEBREX ON FRIDAY SO THEY GAVE HIM A NARCOTIC UNTIL THE SURGERY.  HE COULD NOT EXIST WITHOUT SOMETHING AND TYLENOL ISN'T WORTH A THING.  SO, TOMORROW WE HAVE A FEW ERRANDS AND THEN OFF I GO.  ONCE HE STARTS THE NARCOTIC, HE WILL NOT DRIVE.  BY NEXT WEEK AT THIS TIME, HE WILL BE OUT OF SURGERY, IN A ROOM, AND DRIVING THE NURSES NUTS.  I TOLD THE NURSE PRACTITIONER  THAT HE NEEDS TO STAY AT LEAST 2 DAYS.  I AM SCARED.  I STINK AS A NURSE.  I HAVE TO GO BUY A THERMOMETER.  I CAN TELL WITH MY LIPS IF YOU HAVE A FEVER, BUT I HAVE TO BE MORE EXACT.  ANNOYING.

THEA--HORRIBLE NEWS.  HORRIBLE.  BUT, AS A TEACHER, I HAVE SEEN MORE PARENTS THAN I CARE TO SAY WHO FEEL THEIR KIDS ARE NEVER WRONG.  IT IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT.  BLAME THE SCHOOL.  BLAME THE VICTIM.  GOD FORBID YOUR KID IS WRONG.  AWFUL.

LINDSAY---GOOD NEWS FROM YOU.

WELL, GOTTA GO MAKE DINNER.  THEN AN EARLY NIGHT FOR ME.  I AM POOPED.  NOT AS BAD AS YESTERDAY, BUT I AM TIRED.

I BET CLAY IS PUMPED.  I CANNOT WAIT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2010, 02:53:14 PM »

doh

AAUUUGGGHHHHHH!!! You have got to be kidding me!! If we're talking survival of the fittest, how have people like this made it for so long? This kind of thinking boggles my mind!

Indeed, my experience is like Thea's...I'd announce that bullying would not be tolerated in my classroom each year, and show a portion of Oprah's show on it...which aired shortly after Columbine...and told my parents not only would it not be tolerated, but that I would have severe consequences in place.  Well, through regular 'class meetings'... having my antenna up...and ongoing personal talks with my students, every year I'd have to have that dialogue about what differences really are...and discuss bully behavior, target behavior and on-lookers' roles.  And every year, I'd have at least one parent outraged at me..."you are picking on my kid"... When I had administrative support, a glorious 8 years of it...we were able to turn things around for these students.  Otherwise, it was don't blame me...and I don't want that complaint counted on my review, that suspension...and what not...yes, that is what derails stronger intervention on the part of school officials...you can that NCLB for it all. (The more moronic among school leaders think they can tout a safe school and just suppress any data/responsible consequences to the contrary)
As you can see I am especially passionate about this subject...I wrote my counseling master's thesis on it.

One positive note was in the news recently...it was announced that a recent study found that formal antibullying programs reduced the incidence of it by 20% and more...well duh!!!!  icon_rolleyes

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »

AS ONE THAT WAS BULLIED IT WAS NOT ONE BIT FUN. ..THESE PEOPLE WHO BULLY ARE TRYING TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK BETTER , I ALWAYS HAD A LOT OF FRIENDS AND BOYFRIENDS, THEY REALLY DID NOT. SO GUESS WHO WAS HAPPY.

THEA MY FOLKS DID NOT TRY AND HELP ME THEY WERE CLUELESS ABOUT BULLIES I TOLD THEM ENOUGH. I GUESS THEY FIGURED IT WAS A PHASE,

MEESA, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU I KNOW YOU WILL BE A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE, SWEETHEART. I LOVVVVVVE YOU MUCH.

HAVE A GREAT TIME THE ONES GOING TO SEE CLAY. I HAD INTENDED ON GOING BUT CIRCUMSTANCES PREVENTED ME FROM DOING SO. MAYBE I CAN CATCH A COUPLE CONCERTS THIS SUMMER.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »

It would be interesting to hear from the bullies themselves--past and present. I'd like to hear the justifications behind their behavior.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2010, 05:09:01 PM »

It would be interesting to hear from the bullies themselves--past and present. I'd like to hear the justifications behind their behavior.

ME, TOO.

BTW---I HAVE AN AMAZING DAUGHTER.  WE JUST TALKED FOR OVER AN HOUR.  I LOVE HER.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2010, 07:18:19 PM »

As far as bullying is concerned, some children can be very cruel and even think it is funny to ridicule and humiliate others that they think are not as good as they are--or even worse, just for the "fun" of it.  Unfortunately, some parents are either not aware or don't take it seriously.

Now on a lighter note -- everyone travelling to Raleigh tomorrow or Friday, have a safe trip and I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #435 on: March 10, 2010, 07:25:17 PM »

SUNNY, I'm afraid it would go something like this:  "He deserved it.  What a dweeb" OR "He was just different from the rest of us;  he didn't fit in". Or shall we go with the complete denial, "I never thought I was bullying him".   Shall I continue?  

JOHANNA, I'm sure you were able to make a difference in your classroom in regards to bullying.  One step at a time,right???

GWENN, you're feeling the way I do when I talk to my sons on the phone.  It's wonderful to have adult, heart-to-heart conversations with our children.  I feel like I'm finally reaping the benefits and joy of having put in my time raising these kids!  What a great feeling!!!

GLORY, I'm sure you were able to give those bullies hell when you were in high school.   I wish I had had your spunk when I was in high school, that's for sure!   Laughing

GWENN, JILL, BARBARA, MARLENE, SUNNY, MICHELLE, MARILYN, BETTY and all of the PBS attendees.........Will you please have a "moment of silence" for those of us who aren't able to be there with you????   Laughing

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »

Here is the answer to one question we have had:

From CV via CH..Quiana Tweet

from qparler,via twitter:

Getting Ready with my sweety for the Raleigh Show! Yaay!
less than a minute ago via UberTwitter

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »

Tomorrow begins "THE GATHERING!!"  Safe journeys to all who are going...My goodness it is like a pilgrimage to MECCA!!!! lmao

So tragic about the boy from Thea's post. I really believe there has to be a way to make bullying a criminal activity just as harassment has finally been recognized as such. Perhaps then criminally or civilly the courts can help to make youngsters or their families accountable for the terrible consequences bullying brings..  IMHO....

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2010, 04:31:39 AM »

BEEN UP SINCE 7.  SO EXCITED.

I USUALLY THINK CORABETH IS DELUSIONAL AND OTT BUT I LOVED THIS--

It’s a special man and a special voice that can create this bond amongst so many strangers. Some of us have been friends for seven years now. Some of us will meet for the first time. People are coming from nearly forty states and three countries on planes, trains, busses and automobiles. But all roads lead to Clay this week. Because Tried and True is more than an album title. It’s a bond between singer and fan.

LOVED THIS.  IMAGINE, 40 STATES AND 3 COUNTRIES.  3 FANS FROM SINGAPORE.  WE CERTAINLY DO LOVE THIS MAN.

ERRANDS AND THEN PACKING.  JILL IS ARRIVING AROUND 8. 

GONNA TRY AND BE TOTALLY POSITIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING TODAY. 

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #439 on: March 11, 2010, 07:00:14 AM »

So tragic about the boy from Thea's post. I really believe there has to be a way to make bullying a criminal activity just as harassment has finally been recognized as such. Perhaps then criminally or civilly the courts can help to make youngsters or their families accountable for the terrible consequences bullying brings..  IMHO....

Yup, MARION, I agree about the need for more tangible and steeper punishment for bullies.  Something more is needed to make them and esp. their parents accountable for their actions.   If it means civil or even criminal prosecution with the possibility of a jail sentence, then I say, "So be it".  A bully serving time in a Juvenile Detention Center is still better off than a person who has taken his own life.

Tomorrow begins "THE GATHERING!!"  Safe journeys to all who are going...My goodness it is like a pilgrimage to MECCA!!!!

lmao lmao  Maybe somebody can bring us home some vials of "holy water" from the tap of the Marriott downtown Raleigh!  It may have special healing powers.....Who knows???!!!

GWENN, enjoy and don't get nervous.  You and everybody privileged to be going will most certainly have wonderful time in Raleigh.  And  hopefully HRH is going to be at the top of his game for the PBS performance.  Here's to new beginnings!   Celebration

Off to the gym.   Not fun, but I am feeling stronger and in more control!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx