gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:30:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 397
Total: 397

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195241 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #400 on: March 09, 2010, 03:03:24 PM »

Pepe, I was speaking in generalities.  You needn't take my comments personally.    shrug

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #401 on: March 09, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »

PHILLY, thanks so much for bringing the good news about the Amazon presale of TNT.  Now I know how I'm going to spend my Amazon gift card from my older son!  Wink

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #402 on: March 09, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »

YOU'RE WELCOME... Smile

TRIED & TRUE JUST WAS PUT ON AMAZON AS WELL.

AMAZON.COM
I just pre-ordered it!! 

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #403 on: March 09, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »

YOU'RE WELCOME... Smile

TRIED & TRUE JUST WAS PUT ON AMAZON AS WELL.

AMAZON.COM
I just pre-ordered it!! 

That's exciting, LINDSAY!!  BTW, what's the update on your brother's condition???

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #404 on: March 09, 2010, 03:49:10 PM »

I just can't help myself when it comes to Clay.

As for my brother, they were doing an echo cardiogram when I called Mom around 5 p.m. She seemed to think it was part of the original order and somehow didn't get done. He has his choice of darvocet, percocet, or morphine for pain. eek! He does alright when he's on it, but the pain comes back as the meds wear off. As of right now, he will be released tomorrow as long as there is no arrhythmia.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #405 on: March 09, 2010, 04:17:53 PM »

LINDSAY, glad there's a possibility of your brother being released tomorrow.  Prayers and positive thoughts continue for his complete recovery.  As to the menu of pain-killers,  icon_eek indeed!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #406 on: March 09, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »

Philly - thank you so much for bringing the news about TNT over here.  Things are really starting to roll.

Lindsay - so glad the doctors found out what is wrong with your brother.  Best wishes to him for a very speedy and complete recovery.

I'll see some of you ladies in 3 days.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #407 on: March 09, 2010, 06:07:48 PM »

I'll see some of you ladies in 3 days.

The lucky "some", for sure!  Laughing

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #408 on: March 09, 2010, 06:28:47 PM »

My friend Ruth has been moved to re-hab and she will be there .for approximately 2 weeks. Visiing hours are from 4pm-8pm and  during the day Ruth will be in therapy for around 3 hours each day..during that time they do not want vistors and do  not want the spouse there...They want her to strictly concentrate on her therapy.After therapy you are usually exhausted and need to rest until the visiting hours.

There will be certain times when they will schedule family days, and Moose & their children are included in the therapy. Moose will need to learn how to get her to bed, get her in the shower & numerous other things .
Roger is going to help Moose build a ramp into their house for the wheelchair.
Today they had her sitting in a wheelchair twice for about 30 min each time..Moose said she told him it hurt pretty bad the 1st time but the next time it wasn;t to bad.
Hope i am not boring you with all this but to me it is just a miracle and an answer to prayer. 

It was great to finally get a release date,and I've pre-ordered my2 ,"Tried & True"  Just think it won't be long until we are able to hear some of the music from Mr Aiken

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #409 on: March 09, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »

MARLENE, it's so good to hear that Ruth is preparing to get on with the next chapter in her life.  What an amazing story of faith and determination.  How wonderful of Roger to help build the wheelchair ramp.  It's nice to see people reaching out to one another in this manner.  During Phil's and my various health challenges we, too, were the recipients of so many random acts of kindness;  there aren't enough words to express the positive impact they had on our dealing with these challenges.

I am also planning to buy two of TNT...one for the house and one for the car!

Absolutely loved Crystal Bowersox and, to a lesser extent this evening, Siohban.  Lily was a disappointment to me, to say the least.  This is turning out to be a very interesting year with such a range of vocal styles and genres.  I'm actually enjoying this AI season and especially have found myself to be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the critiques of the judges (well, Randy.....not so much). 

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #410 on: March 09, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »

Absolutely loved Crystal Bowersox and, to a lesser extent this evening, Siohban.  Lily was a disappointment to me, to say the least.  This is turning out to be a very interesting year with such a range of vocal styles and genres.  I'm actually enjoying this AI season and especially have found myself to be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the critiques of the judges (well, Randy.....not so much).
I watched tonight for the first time this season. Liked Crystal and Siobhan, and maybe one other. Thought most of them sounded flat or like "nothin' special."

Does Ellen ever say anything independent of Randy? Or is she there just to agree with his critique of everyone?

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #411 on: March 09, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »

I had to fast forward at the beginning-Ellen on Simon's lap nuzzling him just made me gag- she was really pissed at him and now she is kissing up to him- so to speak. And Kara hangs all over him, too. Yuck!

Check it out, check it out!! Maybe Randy is a bit jealous.

Anyway, I liked Crystal and Siobhan. I really cannot see what anyone "hears" in Lily- I think she was all over the place the last couple of weeks. But she sure does march to a different drummer.

What I do now is DVR the whole show, and fast forward through the commercials and Ryan. Sometimes Randy too-and Kara DO.NOT.LIKE.HER. I can watch the whole show in about 35 minutes.

Never thought I would miss Paula.
and does Ellen glue her eyes open so that she looks like a deer in headlights? Although I will have to say that she has been relatively concise and honest. If she didn't like it, she says so.

And I will order my TnT or 2 also. The price went from $12.02  (an odd amount) to $18.98. But he is #5 on the best sellers for today.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #412 on: March 09, 2010, 08:47:09 PM »

I had to fast forward at the beginning-Ellen on Simon's lap nuzzling him just made me gag
'Probably made her gag, too. Wink

- she was really pissed at him and now she is kissing up to him- so to speak.
I thought she was making fun of all the gossip that says they're always arguing, by sitting on his lap and playing all lovey-dovey. shrug

And Kara hangs all over him, too. Yuck!
What is it about her that so many people seem to dislike? I can't put my finger on it, but there's something.

Check it out, check it out!! Maybe Randy is a bit jealous.
Laughing

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #413 on: March 10, 2010, 05:08:19 AM »

MORNING--

AN INCREDIBLY BUSY DAY.  GYNO THIS MORNING AND THEN PRE-OP WITH BARRY THIS AFTERNOON.  BY DINNER, I WILL BE BEAT.  I AM NOT SLEEPING WELL AT ALL.  UP EVERY HOUR.  I WENT TO BED EARLY, BUT IT DOESN'T HELP.  I GUESS IT JUST ISN'T MEANT FOR ME RIGHT NOW.  I AM JUST SO EXHAISTED.

I DIDN'T PREORDER YET.  WAITING UNTIL CLOSER.  RIGHT NOW T&T IS #5 ON AMAZON.  IT WILL FALL LIKE CRAZY AND THEN I WILL PREORDER MINE.  IT IS ALL EXCITING, THOUGH.

CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY.  IT IS SURREAL THAT AFTER ALL THIS TIME, WE REALLY GET SOME CONCERT CLAY.  I AM THRILLED.  AND ALSO-----ALL OF YOU WHO ARE GOING TO BE THERE.

I ASKED JILL TO BRING HER SMALLER BINOCS.  I AM DETERMINED TO SNEAK A PEAK.  I JUST NEED TO SEE THAT FACE CLOSE UP FOR A SECOND.  JUST ONE SECOND.  THEN I WILL BE GOOD AND PUT THEM AWAY.  I WILL NOT BE EMBARRASSING. 

MARLENE--RUTH IS QUITE A WOMAN.  SHE IS BLESSED TO HAVE YOU AND ROGER IN HER LIFE.

LINDSAY--YOUR BROTHER IS GONNA BE OK.   Huggles

GOTTA GO GET INTO THE SHOWER AND GET THE DAY GOING.  I AM READY FOR BED AND HAVE BEEN UP  LESS THAN AN HOUR.  OY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #414 on: March 10, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »

Gwenn ~ No wonder you are exhausted, I got wore out just reading all you have to do, which,by the way, did not include packing.  Sorry to hear you are not sleeping though but you certainly do have a lot on your mind right now.

It's good that Barry doesn't have to much longer to put up with the pain.

Hope everyone else is doing well today..

The time is flying by, just 2 more days,and for those of you traveling tomorrow I hope you have a safe trip to Raleigh...and we will see you Friday.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #415 on: March 10, 2010, 07:10:08 AM »

Good morning!  It is rainy and gloomy here (a little bit like Raleigh except much colder!).  I am going to stay in the house and get stuff done.  I now consider Mondays and Wednesdays to be "my days off" since we are busy on the other days with going to the health club and doing various church/community activities.  

By now our little BETTY is probably on the train enroute to Raleigh.  I hope she meets up with her other travel buddies without any problems and has an enjoyable and uneventful trip.  Wishing the same to the rest of you as you get ready to travel!  Wishing I were going, too.......... sigh

Yesterday Phil and I spent some time after the gym checking out 2 very lovely assisted living facilities for my mother.  We are trying to stay within a 10 mile radius of our home so that we can keep a close watch on her and so that I can take her on little outings throughout the week.  We discussed her personal hygiene problem with the admissions coordinators,  and they assured me that, yes, this is a common situation and that they have a lot of experience with this.  Let's hope... Paranoid

So off I go to start my day, as well.  GWENN, if I were you I'd plan to take a short cat nap if you're dragging this morning.  I am definitely a firm believer in naps!!!  nap

Have a good one, one and all!!!

lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #416 on: March 10, 2010, 09:05:52 AM »

Preordered my TNT.   bigsmile

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #417 on: March 10, 2010, 09:34:04 AM »

And Kara hangs all over him, too. Yuck!
What is it about her that so many people seem to dislike? I can't put my finger on it, but there's something.
I have multiple friends on Facebook who always post about how awful she is, can't stand her, etc. The morning DJs who do the Idol recap stopped mentioning her critiques long ago. I'm like you - just can't put my finger on what it is. Maybe I need to pay better attention. Laughing

Safe travels to all heading to Raleigh. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL experience. 

My brother gets to go home today. Purple Banana Doctor said the echo showed the valve of the heart that was attacked by the virus --- wants Matt to see him in 3-4 months, but expects him to have a complete recovery! Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers. Huggles

~ Lindsay ~

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #418 on: March 10, 2010, 09:57:33 AM »

Lindsay,

I'm very glad to hear the good news about your brother! Huggles

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #419 on: March 10, 2010, 10:02:01 AM »

Preordered my TNT.   bigsmile

MICKI - It is exciting just to be talking about ordering BF's CD/DVD!  I'll be counting the days until it is HERE! (Lots of days to count . .but we've got a date)!

LINDSEY - So glad that the news about your brother is so positive.  YAY! 

THEA - The Assisted Living personnel usually have loads of experience in caring for the physical and the emotional needs of their residents.  My Mom was pretty independent, but when she needed extra care or reassurance, the staff at the "home" was patient and helpful.  I liked the fact that they could remain "objective" easier than our family. I hope that the situation with your Mom's move will be a win/win.  Huggles

PBS TAPING ATTENDEES!  I am suddenly sooooo envious of all of you!  Just couldn't make it this time . . . but I'm glad we'll have excellent CLAYMANIAC representation.  BUT . . remember . . . the rest of us will be very HUNGRY for news after the taping. 

I'm very shallow . . .  I want him to LOOK GOOD!  blush  Seriously, I want to know all about his voice and interactions with the audience . . . . any any crumb you can pass on to us!

Travel safe and enjoy the show!  Clapping   I will miss that . .  and also the hugs and laughter that you are bound to share!  Huggles

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx