gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:37:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195489 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #260 on: March 03, 2010, 07:27:07 PM »

Sunny, they saved the best for last tonight.  I don't remember her name but the girl that sang "Think" really brought some life to the show and made me think about how much I loved the song in the JBT.

WILSON BARB, the girl's name is Siobhan.  (she's the glass blower).  I loved her story about finally learning to nail that high note in the shower;  she attributed this to listening to Kelly Clarkson!!!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #261 on: March 03, 2010, 10:11:27 PM »

Did anyone watch AI.. Talk about making your ears bleed ,WOW!

I did, MARLENE!  And I absolutely loved Siobhan's (sp?) "ear-bleeding" last note.  I really like her;  she seems so comfortable in her own skin, so to speak.  Also love Crystal and the other gal with the platinum-blond hair who played the 12-string guitar.  (Dayum, my memory's going down the tube!   )

Regarding Ruth....I am in awe of the courage she is showing in dealing with her amputation.   I can't even begin to comprehend going through what she is right now.  My prayers and positive thoughts continue to go out to her.  

GWENN, so happy you had a relaxing day.  I know this is just the calm before the storm for you and Barry.  

Thea...I'll just say ditto to your entire post!  Completely agreed with it all, including my favorite AI singers...a few bright spots (and I'll admit it...don't have a lot in common with Kara...but I do think Casey is adorable...and talented... blush)...and indeed, be sure to read that Turnaround blog...it was written by Berkeley...if it hadn't been posted before I got here tonight, I was definitely going to add it....I surely hope to meet her one day...I admire her greatly.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #262 on: March 04, 2010, 03:20:08 AM »

UP AT THE CRACK OF DAWN.  BARRY SET THE ALARM AN HOUR EARLY.

MARLENE--NOT GONNA STRESS ABOUT CLAY AND THE CONCERT.  ONE PROBLEM IS TM.  BECAUSE OF HOW THEY DID THINGS, MANY SEATS ARE SINGLES.  THAT CAUSES A PROBLEM FOR THE NJU WHO WANT TO SPEND AN EVENING WITH FRIENDS.  ANOTHER IS THE BETTER SEATS WENT TO BROKERS.  THEY DON'T GET THAT CLAY ISN 'T AS HOT A TICKET AS HE USED TO BE AND MANY OF THOSE SEATS WILL GET TURNED BACK.  THEY ARE USUALLY EXCELLENT SEATS.  PBS FOLKS WILL ARRANGE EVERYONE SO THAT THE PLACE LOOKS FULL.  THAT IS THEIR JOB.

ALSO GOOD NEWS ABOUT RUTH.  A VERY BRAVE WOMAN.

DON'T WATCH AI.  DON'T INTEND TO.  THAT BOAT HAS SAILED FOR ME.  FROM WHAT I AM HEARING ON OTHER SHOWS, NOT A BANNER YEAR.

THEA--YOU ARE SO SWEET.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE.  GOTTA GET IN THE SHOWER AT THIS UNGODLY HOUR. 

PLEASE THINK OF US TODAY.  I AM VERY NERVOUS.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #263 on: March 04, 2010, 04:21:11 AM »

Marilyn
- Have a good flight to RDU but I hope I  don't open up the N & O and see your picture with the caption " Clay Aiken fans take over flight from NYC to RDU"     bigsmile

Nah, not me- I am the epitome of decorum

AI- I like Crystal, too. Lilly not so much-yes, she is different, but to me her voice seemed to be all over the place. I like the one who played the piano but the song was slooooow (tmCA). Siobhan was refreshing, also.
I think to me Crystal is a front runner.

GWENN,  Huggles Huggles

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #264 on: March 04, 2010, 06:25:59 AM »

GwennHuggles

AI.....I think it's going to be a ladies year.  Love Crystal and Siobhan.  The only guy who interests me at this point is the guy with the glasses.  Has anyone noticed Kara's "head-atude"?  She shakes that head and finger and it gets on my last nerve.    I never thought I'd say this, but I want Paula back.  I'm actually liking Ellen.  I shouldn't judge this early in the season, but this year seems to be AI's worst.  However, I could change my mind two months from now. 

Seems like Clay will be very busy this year.  That's great news!  I'd love to see him on some prime-time programs where he would get great exposure.  Who knows?  Maybe we will. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #265 on: March 04, 2010, 06:28:54 AM »

I'd love to see him get great exposure, too.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #266 on: March 04, 2010, 06:32:58 AM »

We're with you, Gwenn... Fingers Crossed

Even in the worse scenario and the venue is not sold out, it will be shot accordingly to cover that. And, let's keep in mind the "Eye on the Prize" is that he will have a PBS special to be shown to a much wider audience potentially over and over again. This will hopefully expand his fan base. All I can do is to share with you the fact that this "worked" for me. I watched a PBS  special several months ago  with an Israeli singer  named Dudu Fisher. I never heard of him but read he was becoming a sensation throughout Europe. He was a smashing success in his role of Phantom in London and Israel. After watching it I found his voice so compelling that  several weeks later when he appeared on his tour at the State Theater in New Brunswick I got tickets.  It was wonderful, but more importantly the house was PACKED..Not an empty seat, even up to the rafters.. I credit that PBS special that played several times the weeks before he toured.. It was the promo for him. Same formula I am hoping will work for Clay.

Great news for Ruth.. Thea, I am so proud of you!!

It works..I just got back my Bone Density test and I am at risk for the 2 meds I am on for Thyroid and Breast cancer..They both leach out Calcium. Anyway, I hav been doing the gym on a fairly regular basis. My report came back for my age, gender, body, height that I am above normal in bone strength. That was worth every  pull and every lift!! I'm seeing there is a "health sub culture " of people who attend the gym regularly and  being one who abused her body for so many years it was like immigrating into a foreign country. It is not so alien to me now. and like everything else one changes in her life ,is something I am getting comfortable with and enjoying. I feel 100% better , stronger  and more energized that ever..  It really is all about what is on the inside..Go for it ,Thea..Make yourself important enough...

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #267 on: March 04, 2010, 06:56:59 AM »

Huggles Huggles MARION, thank you so much for the pep talk and inspiration regarding "putting myself first" by regularly working out at the gym.  Very interesting about the breast cancer med leaching the calcium out of our bones , although I did know about thyroid meds doing so.   Anyway, I so needed to hear this today.  And congrats on your excellent stats....it seems you've found your fountain of youth, woman...

MICKI, I agree that already Kara's antics are wearing thin.  I also miss Paula---I always maintained that under that "gibberish" there was some validity to her critiques.  I'm also starting to enjoy Ellen more....it was actually a welcome relief when she threw out a few comedic observations.  As to Randy, I'm actually feeling sorry for him as he is trying so hard to keep the peace on the judge's panel and to prevent Simon from jumping all over Ellen.  That being said, I still value Simon's often harsh criticism, and I would hope the contestants do, as well.

Life was so much simpler in the old "AI 2 Days", don't you think???

Hugs to all here....I'm so happy to come here every morning to see what all of you intelligent, insightful and dear ladies have to say. 

Off to the races!!! Have a good one. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #268 on: March 04, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »

HELLO TO ALL YOU GALS
I USUALLY PEEK IN AT YOU AND FIND OUT THE LATEST CLAY NEWS BUT SEEMS I NEVER HAVE ANYTHING OF INTEREST TO SAY SO JUST READ.

WONDERFUL THAT CLAY IS GOING TO BE ON PBS. MAYBE THAT IS THE BEGINNING OF A BRAND NEW , FRESH START TO HIS CAREER. WISH I COULD BE GOING TOO BUT CANNOT. MAYBE HE WILL TOUR IN TAMPA, IT SEEMS HE ALWAYS HAS LIKED THAT VENUE. THEN I COULD MEET BETTY!!!!!

FINALLY AFTER 6 WEEKS I GOT MY DRIVERS LICENSE. UNDER THE NEW RULES IT IS NOT SO EASY ANYMORE.
AND THIS MONTH HAVE SPENT MOST OF MY TIME IN THE DENTISTS CHAIR ONE LAST VISIT AND I AM THROUGH.
MY ART HAS BEEN BADLY NEGLECTED TOO.

WAITING FOR MY GIRLFRIEND TO PICK M E UP FOR LUNCH AND A MOVIE. (I SHOULD BE PAINTING  Naughty

I DO BELIEVE THAT SUMMER IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. ENOUGH OF THIS COLD WINTER!!!!

LUV
JAN AKA JEANNE

HI THEA, MISS YOU  wave

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #269 on: March 04, 2010, 08:43:00 AM »

BACK FROM THE NEUROSURGEON.  BARRY'S SURGERY IS MARCH 17.  PREOP NEXT WEEK.  I AM HAPPY WITH THIS MAN AND THE HOSPITAL IS IN THE TOP 10 OF THE WHOLE COUNTRY.  THIS GUY WENT TO DUKE MEDICAL SCHOOL.  ETC.  ANYWAY, HIS PAIN WILL SEE AN END.  THANKS FOR ALL THE HUGS.

THEA--GOOD FOR YOU AND THE GYM.  IF I COULD DRIVE, I WOULD JOIN, BUT I CAN'T STAND WAITING UNTIL SOMEONE HAS DECIDED TO TAKE ME AND PICK ME UP.  BARRY DOES ENOUGH.  SO, I WALK AND DO MY BEST HERE.  BESIDES, I HATE TO SWEAT AND WHEN I EXERCISE, IT JUST POURS. 

JAN--GOOD TO SEE YA. Huggles

MICKI--HOW IS THE PACKING GOING?

GOTTA WALK THE DOGS AND PLAY MAH JONGG.  I REALLY NEED IT. 

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2010, 10:28:42 AM »

MARION, how wonderful that you got a good report on your bone density.  I am so very happy for you.  It is no fun breaking bones everytime you bend over or reach the wrong way.  Of course mine I am sure is caused from the steriods I have taken for the past two years for my lungs. 

Since there was some comment on AI here I guess I can post my view also.  Still  not quite sure what is allowed as topics on this thread at times I heard it was just Clay topics so if I am ever in the wrong just let me know.  I also like Crystal the best, I feel she is what I call a real artist.  I have a feeling she has a real health problem though.  I think this year is the weakest in contestants I have seen  yet almost to the point of not caring if I miss a show or not.  I have become very fond of Ellen, that is a real surprise to me.  Kara I never liked her and still don't.  What is going on with her and Simon  now that he is not going out with that other girl any more is Kara trying to take her place.

GWENN, I wish Barry the best in his  upcoming surgery which happens to be St. Patricks Day, I hope the surgery is successful and leaves Barry pain free.  Mary from the Red Thong thread just had neck and back surgery yesterday and is doing very well and will be facing another back surgery in the future. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #271 on: March 04, 2010, 10:47:17 AM »

WELL MY LANDLORD ASK ME IF I WANTED TO BUY THE HOUSE, HE IS GOING TO SELL IT. I THINK I WILL GO ON MY BEAUTIFUL DECK AND SCREAM. lmao ,NOT FUNNY, NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT TO DO NOW.ITS A OLD HOUSE BUT CHARMING, ON 1.1/2 ACRE OF LOVELY LAND. I THINK I WILL JUST GO TO SLEEP MAYBE WHEN I WAKE UP IT WILL BE A BAD DREAM.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2010, 11:20:33 AM »

I'd love to see him get great exposure, too.

Ahh!! a gal after my own heart!!

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2010, 11:54:07 AM »

WELL MY LANDLORD ASK ME IF I WANTED TO BUY THE HOUSE, HE IS GOING TO SELL IT. I THINK I WILL GO ON MY BEAUTIFUL DECK AND SCREAM. lmao ,NOT FUNNY, NOT EXACTLY SURE WHAT TO DO NOW.ITS A OLD HOUSE BUT CHARMING, ON 1.1/2 ACRE OF LOVELY LAND. I THINK I WILL JUST GO TO SLEEP MAYBE WHEN I WAKE UP IT WILL BE A BAD DREAM.
Oh no, Glory! And you worked so hard to find that house! I'm so sorry he's going to sell it. Maybe the buyers will not want to move in, but will want to continue your lease. Fingers Crossed Huggles

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »

Oh, no Glory- that is awful! Would you be able to buy it? Can your kids help you out? I would be screaming too

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #275 on: March 04, 2010, 12:32:56 PM »

Will he let you rent to own?

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #276 on: March 04, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »

I AM GOING TO TALK MORE TO HIM TONIGHT AND SEE IF SOMETHING CAN BE WORKED OUT. I FOUND A NICE HOUSE IN TOWN BUT ITS 200.00 MORE A MONTH. GEE LIFE WITH OH MIGHTY ONE IS NEVER DULL. I AM  STILL IN SHOCK I NEED TO CALM DOWN WRITE MY PRIORITIES OUT AND CONSIDER WHAT IS BEST FOR ME.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #277 on: March 04, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »

GLORY, so sorry to hear about your rental house being put up for sale.  I wouldn't panic quite yet, though, since the housing market is so slow right now.  Hopefully he won't actually be able to sell it for a very long time;  in the meantime I would think he would be happy to have somebody living in the house to keep it tidy, nicely decorated and furnished.  However, all that being said, I can certainly understand your frustration right now.   

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #278 on: March 04, 2010, 01:37:02 PM »

wave JEANNE, it's good to see you too waveHuggles

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #279 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

GWENN, please lean on us over the next few weeks.   Huggles

Need a short nap.  zzzzzzzzzzzz

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx