gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:55:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 150
Total: 150

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195638 times)
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #220 on: March 01, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »

Thanks Thea.  Thank goodness for Miss Clairol & lots of Aveeno.

I sure don't feel almost 70..The time sure did pass by quickly. 

Moose just called an they did move Ruth today to a step down room(from ICU) and she is doing very well.  She was able to eat some solid food today,not much ,but at least its a start.
Moose said she has the neatest bed. It automatically turns her, from side to side, up & down ,and to a sitting position.
Tomorrow they are going to sit her on the side of the bed and help her stand.  This I imagine will be an emotional day for Ruth, Moose & their 2 children. Her rehab will start the end of the week.

Thank you all for thinking & praying for them because I'm sure the next few weeks are going to be difficult and a challenge for them all.

It was a long & hard decision for Ruth to make about having her leg removed and I think she is very courageous in doing it. Of course ,there wasn't much other choice.
Moose said the Dr told him that the tumor had grown from the size of a walnut, to the size of a softball. No wonder she was in so much pain.

Guess I better get back on my diet, I need to lose some more weight before I start Clay treking again...Asheville in July, well we can only hope that there isn't a heat wave like year before last..but I always did like sweaty Clay Wink (just not me bigsmile)

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #221 on: March 02, 2010, 04:26:10 AM »

mimi, I am so glad that Ruth is doing well. What a brave woman!. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

There was so much sad news at work yesterday. One of the fellows I work with lost his mother Friday. She was in for surgery-something to do with her heart. She was my age, and I feel so badly for Ira because I know he was very very close to his Mom.

Then, one of our loan officers who moonlighted at another job was killed in a car accident over the weekend. It was around 2:30 a.m. and he allegedly lost control of his car, it hit a tree and flipped. A passerby was getting him out of the vehicle when a drunk driving woman hit Eric's car again, and also the vehicle of the passerby. The good Samaritan was not injured, but Eric was DOA. They are not sure if he died at the first crash or the second.. He was 24 years old. How very very sad for his family.

On a brighter note- Clay and Ruben in concert!! The Biltmore was so much fun last time I was there. What a beautiful setting it was!! THe sunset over the mountains, and Clay talking about bats-what a blast!!

I hope this is a precursor of more concerts- and I hope I win the lottery so I can buy everyone tickets!! Laughing Laughing

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #222 on: March 02, 2010, 05:02:27 AM »

I read that the tickets for the Biltmore go on sale April 6th at 8:00am.

Marilyn ~ I too hope you win that lottery.Wink   I won $4.00 yesterday on a scratch off...So its apparent I'm Not winning any big bucks  doh

So sorry to hear about your friends ,that is truely very sad.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #223 on: March 02, 2010, 07:53:51 AM »

Mimi,
             I"m so happy to hear Ruth is progressing a little. Being able to eat will help   build up

her strength.

Having to stand will be very, very traumatic for her. I really can"t imagine how stressed
                  she will be.

She will need our prayers for a long time.

Betty Huggles
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #224 on: March 02, 2010, 08:00:18 AM »

Marilyn,
                      How very sad about your friends, there seems to be so many sad things in

the world.

Mmmmmm! You will have to win more than $4 to go to Biltmore, so
                         will I.
                                        Hope he comes closer to Florida.

The 12th is on the horizan!!!

Betty
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #225 on: March 02, 2010, 08:07:50 AM »

I"m so happy to hear Ruth is progressing a little. Being able to eat will help   build up

her strength.

Having to stand will be very, very traumatic for her. I really can"t imagine how stressed
                  she will be.

She will need our prayers for a long time.

Betty 

BETTY, you are so wise.  Huggles  Unfortunately the hardest part of this amputation is ahead for Ruth.  She will definitely need our prayers.

MARILYN, so sorry to hear about the losses in your office.   

Off to the health club.  I need to pace myself today so that I don't end up flat on my back from overdoing it.  That has been my pattern in the past;  now it's time to break those bad habits and move forward.   I need health and strength in order to face all of the challenges and Claytrekking ahead.  I admire those of you who have already been so proactive in getting healthier.   Not Worthy

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #226 on: March 02, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »

Marlene, Ruth is a very couragous woman.  I don't know if I could make such a decision.  Her family is also very couragous.  With their support, I have no doubt she'll recover and lead a very full life.  

I'm hoping Clay's tour comes somewhere near me......like very near me.  I know I won't be traveling.  

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #227 on: March 02, 2010, 08:31:42 AM »

HERE COMES A NONCLAY RANT.

I  HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE ALL MORNING---IN BETWEEN GETTING MY TEETH CLEANED.  TRYING TO GET BARRY'S RECORDS FAXED TO THE NEUROSURGEON.  NOT ONCE DID A REAL PERSON ANSWER.  YOU NEED TO GET A CALL BACK.  IN GOT ONE FROM THE EPIDURAL OFFICE.  I GAVE HER MY FAX NUMBER SINCE I DIDN'T YET HAVE THE NERUO'S FAX NUMBER.  THEY WEREN'T OPENED YET.  MY STUPID FAX MACHINE DIDN'T WORK.  SO, I HAD TO CALL BACK.  I HAD TO LEAVE ANOTHER MESSAGE.  I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY SEN T THE INFO TO THE NEUROSURGEON.  THEN I CALL THE ORTHOPOD AND GOT ANOTHER LEAVE A MESSAGE.  WE HAVE TO GO TO THE EAR DOCTOR IN ABOUT 40 MINUTES.  I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY FAXED THE INFO.  I CANNOT STAND THIS.  WHY CAN'T SOME HUMAN BEING ANSWER THE PHONE.  JUST ONCE I WOULD LOVE FOR THINGS TO GO SMOOTHLY.  ALL OF THIS HAS TO BE THERE BEFORE THURSDAY AT 9 AM.  I COULD SCREAM.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #228 on: March 02, 2010, 08:47:49 AM »

NICE PIC.

http://www.hrcbackstory.org/2010/03/photo-of-the-day-clay-aiken-and-dadt-repeal/

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2010, 10:17:23 AM »

EXCUSE ME WHAT IS DADT I HAVE NO CLUE .

THE REASON YOU CAN'T GET PEOPLE GWENN IS THAT THEY HAVE TO GET PAID, ANSWERING MACHINES DON'T, THEY DRIVE ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS.

MARILYN I AM SO SORYY FOR THE LOSSES THIS PAST WEEKEND, SEEMS LIKE ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER THINKING OF THE FAMILIES AND SENDING PRAYERS UP. Huggles Huggles Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2010, 10:25:51 AM »

EXCUSE ME WHAT IS DADT I HAVE NO CLUE .
It stands for Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Glory--a policy I've always thought was stupid and insulting (although my friends in the military disagree).

THE REASON YOU CAN'T GET PEOPLE GWENN IS THAT THEY HAVE TO GET PAID, ANSWERING MACHINES DON'T, THEY DRIVE ME ABSOLUTELY NUTS.
'Makes sense, I guess, but it drives me nuts, too.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2010, 10:27:01 AM »

Marilyn,

I am so sorry to hear your latest news. How terrible! Huggles

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #232 on: March 02, 2010, 12:16:21 PM »

ON MY WAY TO HAVE BLOND STREAKS IN MY HAIR. NEED A CHANGE.

STILL WAITING FOR THE BABY, SHE MUST BE NICE  AND COMFY AND COZY DON'T WANT TO LEAVE THE NEST. Laughing

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #233 on: March 02, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »

BACK FROM THE DOCTORS.  BARRY'S EARS ARE STATUS QUO.  THAT DOCTOR WORKS WITH THE NEURO GUY WE ARE SEEING.  HAD GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HIM. THEN WE WENT TO THE ORTOPOD AND GOT HIS RECORDS.  NO IDEA IF THE EPIDURAL FOLKS FAXED THE INFO BUT HAVE TO CHECK TOMORROW.  ALSO HAVE TO MAKE SURE THE REFERRAL GOT THERE.  OMG, THIS IS A FULL TIME JOB.

GLORY---YOU ARE RIGHT.  A PHONE IS FREE.  AND ANNOYING.

SUNNY---AGREE ABOUT THE DADT.  BEYOND STUPID.  I GUESS WOMEN SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO SERVE EITHER.  SAME THING.

HAVING SOME CAMMOMILLE TEA.  TRYING TO RELAX.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »

BACK FROM THE DOCTORS.  BARRY'S EARS ARE STATUS QUO.  THAT DOCTOR WORKS WITH THE NEURO GUY WE ARE SEEING.  HAD GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HIM. THEN WE WENT TO THE ORTOPOD AND GOT HIS RECORDS.  NO IDEA IF THE EPIDURAL FOLKS FAXED THE INFO BUT HAVE TO CHECK TOMORROW.  ALSO HAVE TO MAKE SURE THE REFERRAL GOT THERE.  OMG, THIS IS A FULL TIME JOB.
Seriously! hypnotic

SUNNY---AGREE ABOUT THE DADT.  BEYOND STUPID.  I GUESS WOMEN SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO SERVE EITHER.  SAME THING.
Uh, yeah, that got pretty much the same enlightened response from my Marine buds. Roll eyes

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2010, 10:59:40 PM »

Wow!! Almost ten hours since a post.

Well, here is a coinkydink. I posted on CV to see if anyone would be at the airport the same time I was so that we could share a taxi to the hotel. A woman posted that she was arriving around the same time. Then she pm'd that she was leaving from NYC and that her flight would be arriving around the same time as mine. She sent her flight number . It was the same as mine! THEN I found out she is sitting in the row right in front of me! And she is coming from CALIFORNIA!! Her connecting flight is in NY!

And then, I found out about 7 others on the same flight.

We will have to be the epitome of decorum- my usual behavior. Dont want anyone to realize we are Clay fans.

I figured, once we are in the air, and the pilot has made all the announcements and turned off the seat belts signs, I will quietly turn to the others, and in a circumspect way, lead a rousing rendition of Invisible.

That should keep my cover intact, right?  Laughing

And evelyn and I will still have to get a taxi. Question- does anyone know if there is shuttle service from the hotel?
Maybe I will call tomorrow and find out.

Hey, and I am one pound down towards my goal weight of 50 pounds by March 11th. Not too difficult a task, right?

I figure half of that will be gone when I shave my legs. What?? I will be doing it several times before I go. That has to count for SOMETHING!!

Good night all!!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2010, 04:36:26 AM »

ANYONE HEARD OF PHINEAS AND FERB APPARENTLY CLAY AND CHAKA KAN ARE DOING SOMETHING ON THE SHOW. WOW HE IS GONNA BE BUSY.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2010, 04:45:51 AM »

ANYONE HEARD OF PHINEAS AND FERB APPARENTLY CLAY AND CHAKA KAN ARE DOING SOMETHING ON THE SHOW.
That's a duet I'd like to hear! bigsmile

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2010, 04:58:52 AM »

Via Rainlover at CV:

http://www.nickandmore.com/2010/03/03/disney-channel-new-avengers-series-on-xd-and-more/
Quote:

Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension – a TV movie based on the Phineas and Ferb animated series that will debut on summer 2011 on Disney XD and Disney Channel. In the movie the duo discover their pet platypus, Perry, is actually a secret agent fighting the forces of evil on a daily basis. Together the trio goes up against a super evil version of Dr. Doofenshmirtz in a parallel universe. Additionally, this summer both networks will premiere a new one-hour episode of Phineas and Ferb that features guest stars Clay Aiken and Chaka Khan.

Wikipedia referring to the Phineas and Ferb series wrote:
The series is also known for its musical numbers, which have appeared in every episode since the first-season "Flop Starz". Disney's managers particularly enjoyed the episode's song, "Gitchee, Gitchee Goo", and requested that a song appear in each subsequent episode. The show's creators write and record each number, and vary musical tempo depending on each song's dramatic use. The music has gotten the series two Emmy nods for songwriting in 2008.

FYI, from Fox Business Report:
Quote:
In the U.S., the Emmy Award-nominated "Phineas and Ferb" has ranked as the #1 animated series among Kids 6-14 for two consecutive years. It airs on Disney XD and Disney Channels in more than 135 countries and in 26 languages around the world.

MORNING.

GLORY---I GUESS THIS ANSWERS WHAT IT IS?  KIND OF INTERESTING AND I AM WITH SUNNY.  INTERESTING COMBO.

QUIET DAY FOR A CHANGE.  A COUPLE OF PHONE CALLS AND A TRIP TO THE LIBRARY. OTHERWISE, NADA.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2010, 05:46:59 AM »

M,ARILYN,
                         I hope you don"t get thrown of the plane  for riotous behavior,  or I shan"t have a roomate.

About the shuttle the Marriott does not have one. However! when I went to the Gala I found

there is a shuttle from the airport called Super Shuttle, Blue Van the number is 1-800-258-3826

I paid $28 or $16 one way to the Marriott. I think they may have a group fare if there are several

of you.   They are located right on the airport and you can book ahead. Worked for me!!

Betty
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx