gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:01:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195668 times)
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »

Johanna - Thanks for bringing the whole speech over.  I just read it at the OFC and it was longer than originally reported.

Yes, he did say "damn" a lot but a lot of posters thought that was a very smart move.  After all, what is the one thing everyone will remember about the speech tonight  --

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME

Very smart Clay -- just shows again why he does not need a speechwriter.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2010, 09:47:48 PM »

CAN'T SLEEP.  FELL ASLEEP FOR AN HOUR WATCHING TV AND NOW I AM UP.

AMAZING SPEECH.  I AM SO PROUD OF OUR BOY.  NOW A REAL MAN.  AND IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME.

THRILLED REED WAS WITH HIM.  ABOUT DAMN TIME CLAY AND HIS PARTNER CAN JUST GO TO EVENTS AS A COUPLE. 

LOVE WHAT HE SAID ABOUT PARKER. 

12 DAYS UNTIL WE HEAR THAT CONCERT.  ABOUT DAMN TIME.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2010, 09:49:39 PM »

City was fun.."Memphis" was an extremely entertaining and exuberant experience...  It was nice to be back in the Shubert!!...I swear the place is Spamahaunted. You can feel it's presence everywhere.

It sounds like he did a fine job speaking from the heart...That's all he can do to touch others and perhaps lead them to understand. The only way to change attitudes is telling the human to human story..IMHO...

Can't get Marlene's friend out of my mind...May she have the strength to face this challenge...Prayers  to her...

So sad about Marie Osmond's son. We have a girl on our Hadassah board who just went through the same thing a few months ago...We try to be as supportive as we can. She is very brave...She has now become active in a suicide prevention program in our county to help other parents see the signs.  How does such a young person get to such a hopeless place?? I don't understand...

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2010, 09:50:32 PM »

Hey Gwenn, Call me..I don't want to wake up Barry....or LOUIE either!!!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2010, 01:40:22 AM »

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2010, 05:40:32 AM »

Johanna - Thanks for bringing the whole speech over.  I just read it at the OFC and it was longer than originally reported.

Yes, he did say "damn" a lot but a lot of posters thought that was a very smart move.  After all, what is the one thing everyone will remember about the speech tonight  --

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME

Very smart Clay -- just shows again why he does not need a speechwriter.
Very smart indeed. Clay did such a nice job of sticking to the message while mixing in some light-hearted and fun moments.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2010, 06:50:55 AM »

Posted in the Public Access Thread by Faithful2me.

Quote:
Well, as soon as I saw the new thread title, I knew that I wasn't going to have to say much about Clay's speech, because you had already heard it. But, I can say that I am so very proud to be a Clay fan at this moment. I was fortunate enough to sit at a table near the podium, so I got to see him up close and personal during the speech. What a handsome man he is!!! Oh, did I happen to mention that after 7 years of waiting -- I FINALLY GOT MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH CLAY AIKEN!!! Sorry for the "all caps," but I felt like that particular event was worthy of it!!! I promise you that I did not become all "fan-girly," and I did not initiate the Clay contact. I happened to be chatting with a co-worker on my way to the restroom, and he asked me had I spoken to Clay yet. I said, what do you mean, and he said, "he's sitting right behind you!!!" I turned around, and there he was!!! My friend then proceeded to grab my hand and walk me over to Clay. I asked him to please not bother Clay, but he wouldn't listen. He walked up and introduced himself to Clay and then he introduced me. I tried to be very brief and get out of there, but then my friend asked Clay if he would mind if he got a picture of the two of us. I profusely apologized to Clay and said that I didn't want to bother him, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me up next to him -- I actually was arm in arm with Clay Aiken!!! I was shaking so hard that Clay noticed and told me everything was going to be okay. Clay didn't like the first picture my friend took, so he made him take another one. I just kept apologizing for bothering him (like a blubbering fool), and Clay just kept his arm around me and reassuring me. It was all such a blur, but he was so very kind and did I mention handsome???!!! I also met Reed, who was also extremely nice, and even had the chance to talk to Jerome. What a night to be a Clay fan!!!

WALLPAPER VIA FD

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/Fountaindawg/CA%20Wallpapers/20100227HumanRightsCampaignByCotton.jpg

I SENT MY BROTHER THE SPEECH.  I HOPE HE LISTENS.  I HOPE HE FINALLY SEES CLAY FOR THE INCREDIBLE MAN HE IS.  NOW, LADIES, THAT WOULD BE ABOUT DAMN TIME.

BILLS AND COFFEE AWAIT.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2010, 06:58:13 AM »

Johanna,

Thank you for Clay's speech link.  We I was teaching, I saw first hand how some people were discriminated on because of their differences of the person discriminating.
   At my school, we had a wonder third grade teacher.  She was gay and had a married partner.  These two did not try to "hide" and were so kind to everyone and did so much for the children at our school.
   Once, when several teachers were talking about their husbands, wives, etc., this teacher mentioned "her wife".  OUR PRINCIPAL, IN FRONT OF THE ENTIRE STAFF, TOLD HER(THE TEACHER) THAT SHE COULD NOT SAY THE WORD "WIFE" IN DISCRIBING  HER AS LONG AT SHE WAS ON THE CAMPUS.  THE PRINCIPAL SAID THAT THEY WEREN'T MARRIED AND SHE COULD ONLY USE THE THE WORD,"FRIEND!"
    I felt hurt and ashamed for this teacher.  No one, no matter who they are, has the right to be treated unfairly.  I'm proud of Clay for not hiding and standing up for himself and all who are tried so cruelly.

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »

JoAnn,  I'm so happy to see you posting your opinion over here. Huggles  And, as you have so aptly stated,

I'm proud of Clay for not hiding and standing up for himself and all who are tried so cruelly.

Me too!!! 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2010, 10:57:11 AM »

JOANN--AMAZING AND NOT SURPRISING STORY.  THANKS FOR SHARING.

STILL CAN'T GET STARTED ON THOSE BILLS.

WATCHED THE SPEECH AGAIN.  BF HAS SURE GROWN UP.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2010, 11:06:32 AM »

Back from church.  Lunch will be a pizza followed by a lllloooonnnnngggg nap.  I love my Sunday afternoon naps!

GWENN, I was just thinking about how postiive and strong you have become regarding Barry's health problems and esp. his upcoming back surgery (which meant you had to postpone your Hawaiian vacation).  You have been an inspiration to me as of late, as I have been whining about a lot of relatively minor problems in my own life.   MARION, you have also inspired me with your zest for life and all of your "comings and goings"!   Just wanted to thank you for helping me to start the climb out of my winter doldrums.   thanks

Actually, each of you here on CM provides inspiration to me every day.  Just had to say it.Thank you all.

Now for that pizza and nap............... cooking nap

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »

Wow, miss a day here and you can sure miss alot. 

Marlene, continued prayers for you friend.

I had no idea about Marie Osmond's son.  Can someone fill me in?  From the posts, I'm thinking he committed suicide. 

Clay's speech was brilliant (like his son). Smile  I'm glad he put some of his humor in his words.....that's our Clay.  I haven't watched yet, but I will.

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2010, 01:54:24 PM »

I AM READING THAT CLAY'S SPEECH IS BEING PICKED UP BY ALL THE BLOGS AND ALL RESPECTFUL.  YEP, RESPECTFUL.  ALL OVER TWITTER.  RESPECTFUL.  YEP, RESPECTFUL.

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2010, 03:46:48 PM »

I AM READING THAT CLAY'S SPEECH IS BEING PICKED UP BY ALL THE BLOGS AND ALL RESPECTFUL.  YEP, RESPECTFUL.  ALL OVER TWITTER.  RESPECTFUL.  YEP, RESPECTFUL.

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME.

GWENN

GWENN !   He deserves that respect and, as you stated . . . IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!  Finally, he is free! I am so proud of him! Clapping Huggles 

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »

I am so happy to read that Clay's speech was well received and that he is finally getting some of the respect he has deserved for so long and -- IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME.

Went to GDs soccer game this afternoon.  They played about an hour north of here and it was very cloudy and soooo cold.  I'm going to go take a long hot shower and see if I can warm upl.

Everyone have a good week.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2010, 06:01:34 PM »

I googled the definition of "Respect":

1. an attitude of deference, admiration, or esteem; regard
2. the state of being honoured or esteemed

Clay has stood up for what he believes in.  I try to live by the creed of "To thine own self be true".  He has done this, and for that I respect him.   He is worthy of the respect he is finally garnering from so many sources.  

I'm watching the Olympics closing ceremonies.  Once in a while it's nice to get that "warm and fuzzy" feeling about the world during these perilous times.  May God bless the poor victims of the latest earthquake, this time in Chile.  And God bless us, everyone.

P.S.  WILSON BARB, hope you warm up soon.  It's sometimes difficult to warm your body once you get chilled.   

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »

wave  MICKI, I just wanted to fill you in a little bit more on Marie Osmond's son's recent death.  Very, very sad. 

Marie Osmond's son dies

LOS ANGELES - SINGER Marie Osmond's son Michael Blosil, 18, has died, she said last Saturday.

'My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time,' the 50-year-old said in her statement.

Entertainment Tonight reported on its website that Blosil jumped to his death last Friday night from a downtown Los Angeles apartment building. He reportedly rented a flat there.

Officers responded to an apparent suicide jump in the area, but the victim was not identified on Saturday, police said.

He reportedly left a note which said he intended to kill himself due to a long battle with depression that made him feel as if he had no friends.

In 2007, Osmond said her son was treated at a rehabilitation facility, but she did not disclose the nature of his problem.

BTW, MICKI, when are you closing on the sale of your home????  Huggles

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2010, 04:17:05 AM »

EARLY  MORNING---

WE HAVE THE INSPECTION THIS MORNING.  THEN BARRY HAS A DOCTOR APPOINTMENT THIS AFTERNOON WITH OUR GP.  HE NEEDS TO WRITE A LETTER TO THE NEUROSURGEON.  THIS IS A LONG WEEK OF DOCTORS.  TOMORROW I GO TO THE DENTIST AND THEN BARRY GOES TO THE EAR DOCTOR.  THURS. IS THE NEURO GUY.  I WANT THIS ALL TO BE OVER.

THEA-- Huggles Huggles Huggles

BARB--COME HERE FOR COLD.  OY.  THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT BY FRIDAY WE HIT THE UPPER 40'S. Purple Banana Purple Banana Purple Banana

WILL CHECK IN LATER.

WHERE OH WHERE IS SUNNY????

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2010, 04:45:56 AM »

Here I am!

I was skiing last week. It was much more fun than last year, when I mostly just slid down the mountain on my butt. This time, I was able to remain upright for most of the time. bigsmile

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2010, 05:46:07 AM »

Thea, I settle on March 19th. 

Sunny, where do you ski?

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx