gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:40:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 397
Total: 397

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195199 times)
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »

I AM NOT GETTING TOO NUTS OVER A RED DRESS.  IT IS 16 MONTHS UNTIL THEY GET MARRIED.   AND, TO BE HONEST, IT IS HER WEDDING AND SHE CAN WEAR WHATEVER SHE LIKES.  IT JUST THREW ME FOR A LOOP.

I READ CLAY WAS ON JIM BRICKMAN TODAY.  I HAVE HEARD THE NAME.  NOT SURE WHO HE IS. nixweiss  BUT I THINK HE IS FAMOUS. 

TRIPP IS COMING TO SEE ME AS SOON AS HE GETS UP FROM A NAP.  THEN OFF TO THE MARKET AND A COUPLE ERRANDS.

MARLENE--ANY WORD?

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2010, 08:40:00 AM »

The snow has finally stopped. We got about a foot..NYC about 20 inches. I have tickets tomorrow for the Shubert  where Memphis is playing. I am going in by bus with 2 friends and expecting an adventure..  Between the 14 deer who have found a SMORGASBOARD on the shrubs on my deck, and the mounds of car high snow the plows have kindly left at the base of my driveway, and the Russian family who live next door, I could swear I've spent this  winter on the TUNDRA of SIBERIA!!   So, tomorrow I take my "SLED" and head north to SHUBERT ALLEY and Junior's!!   CIVILIZATION!!!

MUSH!!!!!!

lmao lmao lmao MARION, thanks for the laugh.  I so need it this morning.  

I've found that "non-traditional" weddings are becoming more and more popular. Nowhere near the norm, mind you, but definitely more than years ago. I frequent Offbeat Bride -  a site dedicated to couples who want their weddings to not only be expressions of love and family but who they are as individuals - and am always awed by what people come up with.  

LINDSAY, PHil and I attended a "non-traditional" wedding only 2 weeks ago.  I'm not sure "awed" would describe the reaction of most of the guests!!!  Laughing

ER TOLD ME LAST NIGHT SHE IS THINKING OF WEARING A RED WEDDING GOWN.      

GWENN, is Gabe going to wear kilts????  Paranoid

In light of the above CH post about Clay's activism, I have  a feeling that the predictions that he might someday enter the world of politics (Congressman? Senator?  President?) could come to fruition.  

MICKI, BETTY, et al.    Huggles

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2010, 08:43:30 AM »

I READ CLAY WAS ON JIM BRICKMAN TODAY.  I HAVE HEARD THE NAME.  NOT SURE WHO HE IS.   BUT I THINK HE IS FAMOUS. 

GWENN, Jim Brickman is a "pop" singer/songwriter who has been around for a while.  I believe he wrote some of the songs Clay performed in his demo CD's.  I though I had heard about a riff between Clay and Jim, so hearing that Clay has appeared on his show is a good thing.

MARLENE, Ruth continues to be in my prayers.  Last night before I went to bed I was contemplating the monumental life adjustment she and her family will have to make now that she's had her amputation. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2010, 08:45:30 AM »

My thoughts and prayers also go out to the people in Chile who just experienced an 8.8 earthquake.  Now the concern is that a tsunami is on it's way to 1/4 of the Pacific Rim nations.  That includes Hawaii...... Paranoid

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2010, 09:48:21 AM »

ER TOLD ME LAST NIGHT SHE IS THINKING OF WEARING A RED WEDDING GOWN. icon_eek doh nixweiss icon_rolleyes

Some cultures have the same reaction about those who wear white gowns.  Smile

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2010, 11:50:57 AM »

LINDSAY, PHil and I attended a "non-traditional" wedding only 2 weeks ago.  I'm not sure "awed" would describe the reaction of most of the guests!!!  Laughing

I know that reaction. It's probably similar to the one I got when I said there will be no garter or bouquet toss at our reception. Wink

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »

I know that reaction. It's probably similar to the one I got when I said there will be no garter or bouquet toss at our reception. Wink

LINDSAY, I'm actually with you on the no garter/bouquet toss.  At the wedding we just attended, it seemed absolutely ridiculous when the bride's SON caught the garter.  Paranoid   One of Phil's cousins whispered to us, "Freud would have a lot to say about this"!   eek!

Some cultures have the same reaction about those who wear white gowns. 

Good point, MICHELLE!  Were you thinking about the Chinese culture?  As I recall they usually wear red dresses, don't they????

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »

I love that you aren't doing them!

I really dislike both. When attending a wedding I always hide in the bathroom or outside during the bouquet toss.   icon_rolleyes

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2010, 12:57:19 PM »

BACK FROM  ERRANDS AND THE MARKET.  OMG, I AM SO TIRED.  I DID A MONTH'S WORTH OF SHOPPING TODAY.  I WILL HAVE TO GO AGAIN TOWARDS THE END SINCE PASSOVER IS THEN .  BUT I AM WAITING.  I NEED TO SEE WHEN BARRY'S SURGERY IS.  IF IT IS CLOSE TO PASSOVER, THE BIG DINNER IS OUT AND ONLY A VERY FEW WILL COME.  HE WON'T BE IN THE MOOD AND I WILL BE TIRED.

HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO CNN YET.  WILL TURN IT ON IN A FEW TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE EARTHQUAKE AND THE TSUNAMI.  TRAGIC.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2010, 01:36:51 PM »

RIP Marie Osmond's son...I hope someday there will no longer be a stigma to seek help with depression...especially for our dear young people...no parent should have to bury his/her child...

Note:  my comment is not specific to her son...she valiantly sought treatment and tried to help him...rather, that it be OK for those so troubled understand it is OK to accept help...so tragic...these recent deaths ...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »

Good Afternoon,

Ruth had a good night,but she is heavily sedated. The Drs. are going to keep her sedated because they told Moose that when she does start coming around that it is such a big shock to realize that her leg is gone.Even though she knew that they were amputating the leg that the shock that it actually happened is very traumitizing.

The surgeon put the nerves in the leg to sleep,this is basically to do away with fantom pain that occurs sometime after a limb is removed.

Thank you all again for your concern & prayers for her. In the days and weeks to come I am sure she will need many more.

I will let you know when I find out more information from Moose.  Moose has asked Roger & I not to come to the hospital.The hospital is in Durham,(which is about 14 miles from Raleigh)and since Ruth will be in intensive care for several days, only the immediate family is allowed to see her only a few min during different periods in the day.He also said it is a very private time and that he and the children would rather just spend the next few days together.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2010, 04:20:29 PM »

Mimi,
                 Thank you for letting us know how Ruth is doing. I can"t imagine being in her position
                 I have spent a lot of time thinking how devastating this must be for her. Thank God she
                   has a loving family and friends, she will need you all.

Her recovery and acceptance will be very difficult and will take time.             

Betty Huggles
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

MARLENE--- Huggles

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2010, 05:57:54 PM »

I hate to keep bothering you all but Moose just called ,and he said ,Ruth is doing really well.
They removed her breathing tube,and also removed one (of two)drainage tubes, she also has an IV. She is also awake and talking a little. They also rolled her over on the side that the leg was removed on, and she was able to tolarate it for a little while.
They may be able to move her into a room tomorrow if she continues to get along well.
Moose also said the Dr said she has done much better than most patients that have had this surgery....It's prayer, I'm certain.
Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart. You are all so special.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2010, 06:15:26 PM »

I hate to keep bothering you all but Moose just called ,and he said ,Ruth is doing really well.
They removed her breathing tube,and also removed one (of two)drainage tubes, she also has an IV. She is also awake and talking a little. They also rolled her over on the side that the leg was removed on, and she was able to tolarate it for a little while.
They may be able to move her into a room tomorrow if she continues to get along well.
Moose also said the Dr said she has done much better than most patients that have had this surgery....It's prayer, I'm certain.
Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart. You are all so special.

Marlene... Huggles  ...we are so glad that your dear friend is making progress...and more than glad to continue our prayers...not only for Ruth, but for you too!  Rather than a bother, it is an honor that you have entrusted us to support you with this.  I am such a believer that close intersections of caring, loving relationships are no accident...that loving Clay and each other is a gift...which deeply enriches us all.

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2010, 06:50:45 PM »

Here is part of Clay's speech tonight at the HRC.  It was short and sweet and he got in another dig at the Wake Co. School Board which is certainly making the news everyday.

---------------

From GBB at CH

all men and women are created equal, except for his son, who is brilliant!

"The power of truth and living honestly is very liberating."

"We've been waiting on the laws to change... the time for waiting has passed."

19th Amendment that gave women the right to vote: "It was about damned time."

Civil Rights Legislation: "It was about damned time."

Matthew Shepherd Act: "It was most certainly about damned time

"Like all civil rights movements, our movement is one of fairness, rightousness, decency. Our time is now, and it's about damned time."

From caperkeeper at CV

I think we missed this part.

Clay took the stage and delivered a heartfelt address with a great deal of humor about his coming out -- on a magazine cover, noting we were probably thinking "It's about damn time."

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2010, 07:19:56 PM »

Barbara I listened on sendspace but didn't hear what Clay said about the school board.
Could you tell us? The applause was so loud I couldn't hear a lot of it.

Reed was with Clay.

In the past few weeks I have been reading all the articles & editorials about the Wake Co. School Board, and you know what, I think Clay got it right the first time. Its like they are trying to keep everything a secret with all their closed door meetings,and then WHAM they hit you with the news of what they are intending to do..A 5 to 4 majority never works well.

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2010, 07:37:16 PM »

I have not read what Clay said about the School Board but whatever he said was well deserved.

The Superintendant of Schools has quit because he can't work with them and the owner of the N & O (who criticized Clay for his comments earlier) has come out against doing away with diversity in the school system.  Seems to be a real smart bunch controlling the largest school system in the state.

I read that Scarlett got video of Clay's speech tonight so we will be able to see it soon.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2010, 07:45:12 PM »

I just hope that the N&O won't be to critical of Clays speech...after all he did say damn (a lot) bigsmile Everyone seems to forget that Clay is no longer on AI and that he has grown into a man, & is no longer that kid we voted for 7 years ago. doh

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2010, 08:09:51 PM »

I posted this on another board, and I wanted to share it here as well:

What gladden's my heart, is that there is considerably more understanding of the continuum of sexuality today...and I remain hopeful, along with Clay, that far greater acceptance is within reach. And...though I sincerely doubt Clay saw himself as a significant spokesperson for his community...not a role he consciously chose, it, indeed, may 'choose him'...if you will. I believe his speech will be important and illuminating. Sending him, all whom he loves, and his community my prayers as always, but especially for this occasion.

He is so much the 'measure of a man'...and I thought I loved him plenty back in 2003...it's nothing compare to how I feel about him tonight. I have always believed he had a special destiny to fulfill beyond entertainment. I continue to believe it...and I am so proud to be his fan. ...such a dear, precious soul.

ETA:  Here's a link to a video of Clay speaking...scroll down to the middle...:

http://www.pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do;jsessionid=5AD18B785197B05FD4A1E8FBD933E704?diaryId=15361

Shelley attempted to transcribe Clay's speech...above the loud applause... here it is:

When you make the decision to...when you come out to your family, your friends. Make the decision to come out in a supportive group like (he mentions group honored that night - not sure of exact name) or to do so on the cover or a magazine -- the decision to talk openly about it is a really difficult and confusing one.

And I know that sometimes I think more than anybody. But I also know that the power of truth and living honestly is very liberating. So what the hell took me so long (lots of applause)?

It was waiting like so many folks are waiting for change, for attitudes to change, for laws to change, and I realized that the time for waiting has passed. We've seen throughout our nation's history that all the major civil rights movements -- major milestones in our country have come after a lot of waiting and a a lot of hard, long fought battles. Thankfully while many of us have been waiting, you at the HRC has been fighting to ensure that LGBT Americans have the same rights that straight Americans take for granted.

As HRC's name implies our battle is about something much larger than the LGBT community. It's about that most American of notions that all men and women are created equal. That is with the exception of my son who is brilliant, but for tonight we'll assume that all men and women are created equal.

The belief which this nation was founded on is the cornerstone of our movement and as I said it has been the cornerstone of every major civil rights movement in our nation's history.

In 1920 when the 19th amendment was passed which gave every American woman the right to vote, it's about damn time. In 1954 although some idiots of the Wake County School Board would disagree for Brown vs Board of Education desegregated our schools, it's about damn time. In 1964 when the Civil Rights Act was passed banning discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, it's about damn time.

And last year the Matthew Shepard James Berg Jr Hate Crimes Prevention Act was passed, it was most certainly about damn time. Now, thanks in no small part to supportive individuals like you LGBT Americans can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly but surely, and forgive me for using this sports analogy: we're moving the ball down the field. We're seeing a shift in the attitudes of younger generations. LGBT youth are feeling empowered to come out in higher numbers than ever before. They are finding acceptance with their friends and their families like never before.

The LGBT community has seen and obtained unprecedented visibility and legitimacy in America. We have a great deal more work to do to ensure that LGBT individuals and families have the same rights and same freedoms that straight Americans have. And I know that my son's world will be a better one because no one no matter how hard they try are going to stop our progress.

And like those civil rights movements that came before, our message is the message of fairness, of righteousness, of decency. Out message is the message of the future. Our time is now, and it is about damn time.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx