gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 430
Total: 430

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195220 times)
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2010, 10:02:59 AM »

This is kinda nice.   bigsmile

http://www.comcast.net/slideshow/music-ultimateidolrankings2009/92/

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »

Not bad. Thanks, Micki! bigsmile

I don't think he needs his bodyguard for this upcoming thing so much in anticipation of  swampthing as for other lunatics who think being gay is a sin or some other nonsense, and might try to get violent. shrug

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2010, 06:16:07 PM »

Tonight on the local news they showed a picture of Clay ,and talked a little about him speaking at the HRC Carolinas  on Fri, they also said that tickets to the event were still available.
There is a gal (Cotton) from CV that is going ,so there will be some clack.

So far I have still not seen anything mentioned in the N&O about the concert on March 12th.

I wonder how ticket sales are going fo that ?

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2010, 06:26:45 PM »

Try this link:

http://news14.com/triangle-news-30-content/top_stories/

Scroll down to second story (picture of Clay) There is a video.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »

Tonight on the local news they showed a picture of Clay ,and talked a little about him speaking at the HRC Carolinas  on Fri, they also said that tickets to the event were still available.
There is a gal (Cotton) from CV that is going ,so there will be some clack.
Does she live around here, or has she suddenly developed an interest in gay rights issues?

So far I have still not seen anything mentioned in the N&O about the concert on March 12th.

I wonder how ticket sales are going fo that ?
Check out TicketMaster.com and see what you can pull up. shrug

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »

My Ex DIL just called me an asked if I read the article on the front page in the N&O today about Clay..Of all days, the paper had laid out in the weather, & was wet so we threw it away.  So I guess there was mention about the upcoming event the HRC(with a picture no less) but still nothing about the concert...Wish they would run a story about that.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »

EVENING FOLKS.

I HAD AN AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL DAY IN THE CITY.  OF COURSE IT WAS MISTY AND MY HAIR JUST POOFED UP BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

RACE WAS INCREDIBLE.  I LOVE JAMES SPADER BUT THE WHOLE CAST WAS WONDERFUL.  JUST 4 CHARACTERS BUT THE TIME FLEW.  IT WAS OVER IN A FLASH.  SO GOOD.

HAD A GREAT LUNCH.  SAW MY BROTHER.  WALKED MY FEET OFF. 

WAITING FOR THE SNOW.  ANNOYING. 

SUNNY--COTTON FROM CV IS A FAN.  MANY OF THE WOMEN OVER THERE HAVE GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY SINCE CLAY CAME OUT TO GET INVOLVED AND "SPREAD THE WORD."  AS NUTS AS SOME MAY BE, I THINK THERE ARE A GOOD NUMBER OF WOMEN THERE WHO TRULY CARE ABOUT EQUALITY FOR GAY FOLKS.

WELL, I AM TIRED.  I AM GONNA VEG FOR THE REST OF THE NIGHT.  I FORGOT TO TAPE MODERN FAMILY.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2010, 07:03:02 PM »

My Ex DIL just called me an asked if I read the article on the front page in the N&O today about Clay..Of all days, the paper had laid out in the weather, & was wet so we threw it away.  So I guess there was mention about the upcoming event the HRC(with a picture no less) but still nothing about the concert...Wish they would run a story about that.
They may do something on it closer to the event. If they cover it now, it's not "news;" it's advertising.

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2010, 07:10:19 PM »

SUNNY--COTTON FROM CV IS A FAN.  MANY OF THE WOMEN OVER THERE HAVE GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY SINCE CLAY CAME OUT TO GET INVOLVED AND "SPREAD THE WORD."  AS NUTS AS SOME MAY BE, I THINK THERE ARE A GOOD NUMBER OF WOMEN THERE WHO TRULY CARE ABOUT EQUALITY FOR GAY FOLKS.
That's cool. I'm glad she's genuine, and not another "enthusiastic" nut who shows up at every appearance he makes.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2010, 07:05:21 AM »

MORNING--

WELL, HERE WE GO AGAIN.  IT IS SNOWING.  A FOOT IS EXPECTED.  I CANNOT STAND THIS WINTER.  I CANNOT STAND IT.

I AM SURE MAH JONGG WILL BE CANCELED TODAY.  JOHANNA---GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT.   Clapping Huggles

SO, I HAVE SOME PAPERWORK TO DO.  SOME STUFF TO GET TOGETHER FOR BARRY'S NEUROSURGEON.  THEN I WILL READ AND DO MY PUZZLE.  I NEED A SLOW DAY.  BUT NOT WITH THIS DISGUSTING SNOW.

FEELING PROUD OF OUR BOY.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2010, 08:47:25 AM »

Good morning!

Sorry I've been AWOL the past day or so.  I'm just feeling exhausted mainly from the cold.  After spending the morning on the phone with Dell Computers service department trying to understand a fine gentleman from India,  hypnotic ... I got ready to go to the grocery store.  Did "heavy duty" grocery shopping, came home, put away what was necessary in the frig and freezer, then literally collapsed on the sofa for the rest of the day.   Like so many of you, this winter has become unbearable with the cold and snow. 

Anyway, spring can't come soon enough......

I can't believe March 12 is a little more than 2 weeks away.  And two weeks from today our little BETTY will be on the train with her Clay buddies en route to Raleigh!   Clapping

Have  a good day, my friends.   Clapping Hugs all around.   

EDIT:  Watched AI Men's NIght...the only two worth a hill of beans are the blond hottie and the hispanic dude who sang last. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2010, 09:59:51 AM »

After spending the morning on the phone with Dell Computers service department trying to understand a fine gentleman from India,  hypnotic  ...

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2010, 12:13:16 PM »

NO KIDDING THEA I USED TO CALL DELL ABOUT STUFF.DECIDED IT WAS NOT WORTH THE AGGREVATION OF ME ASKING HIM TO REPEAT HIMSELF A ZILLION TIMES. BTW I ASKED ONE TIME FOR SOMEONE WHO SPOKE ENGLISH HE SAID WHAT THERE IS NOBODY HERE, THERE IS WHERE OUR JOBS HAVE GONE.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »

Thea,
                 Sorry you are not  feeling so good. Long periods of snow and cold weather does have a
                 depressing effect. When we lived in North Dakota the doctor"s had a name for it
"                 N. Dakota blues!!
                 The lady next door commited suicide, It was such a long, long winter of 40% below.

I"m one of those weird people who likes cold weather but hates the heat.
                     When I drove a Mobile canteen in England during world war 11 I lived  on an
                      Air Base and I would take goodies and coffee  out to the crews before they took
                      off on their nightly raids.
                           No matter how cold it was I went out and waved them off.

Yes! Thea I"m ready for Raleigh!!!

Betty

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2010, 03:34:57 PM »

Thea,
                 Sorry you are not  feeling so good. Long periods of snow and cold weather does have a
                 depressing effect. When we lived in North Dakota the doctor"s had a name for it
"                 N. Dakota blues!!
                 The lady next door commited suicide, It was such a long, long winter of 40% below.

I"m one of those weird people who likes cold weather but hates the heat.
                     When I drove a Mobile canteen in England during world war 11 I lived  on an
                      Air Base and I would take goodies and coffee  out to the crews before they took
                      off on their nightly raids.
                           No matter how cold it was I went out and waved them off.

Yes! Thea I"m ready for Raleigh!!!

Betty

What a dear person you are, BettyHuggles I am sure that comforted them deeply. Clay fans here sure have big hearts...!

Thea... Huggles to you...there's nothing more aggravating than trying to resolve a computer technical issue to begin with ...and then wading through a thick accent while trying to decipher what to do.    I had a couple of rounds of that with earthlink...exasperated, I finally said I'd cancel the service unless they sent me on to someone I could understand... doh icon_eek...at which point I was finally speaking to a fellow from their headquarters in Texas.  At the risk of being annoying, may I suggest an upgrade to a Mac...yes...more money initially...but so worth it and the learning curve, too.

Gwenn...just one lesson in a Mah Jong...and I'm so curious as to your secrets of success...from what I can see, one needs to master completely the different yearly combinations...and be on top of things as one option 'morphs' to another...and also, count/memorize played tiles...(my grandpa used to count cards in Pinochle...he was pretty unbeatable...like my brother... bigsmile) ...what I liked best about the game was that it seems to require real concentration, strategy and has innate complexity...like chess.   Clapping

While I was whining to my special friend about 'female problems'  ick...I went on to a fun topic, Clay...she sees us having a chance to see him this summer...woohoo!  (I needed reassurance after giving up seeing him sooner in Raleigh!)

Glory...good luck with the furniture acquisition!...If I'm not buying one thing, it's another... Wink...patio furniture covers...and yes...doctor's orders...a removable shower head...and thanks Micki for your helpful post...I'm visual...I'll need to look up and see a pic of leg lifters...but, I better put the rails in for the one tub I do have here...and then practice getting in and out of it!  Oh joy!!  on that  TMI note... blush ...adieu!!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2010, 04:36:33 PM »

EVENING--

THE SNOW DIDN'T STICK THIS AFTERNOON AT ALL SO WE PLAY MAH J9ONGG.  EACH OF US WON A GAME AND THERE WERE 2 NO ONE WON.  JOHANNA---YOU WILL GET IT.  WHAT YOU SAID IS TRUE.  IT KEEPS YOUR MIND ACTIVE.  IT IS SO MUCH FUN.  YOU REALLY DON'T NEED TO MEMORIZE THE CARD, BUT YOU DO NEED TO REMEMBER WHO PASSED WHAT AND WHO THREW WHAT.  WE USUALLY PLAY 6 OR 7 GAMES.  EAT CAKE AND DRINK COFFEE.  I LOVE IT.

THEA---THIS WINTER HAS MADE IT HARD FOR ANYONE WITH A COLD OR FLU TO GET OVER IT.  SO MUCH DAMPNESS.  SO MUCH GRAYNESS.

MICKI---I ASSUME ALL WENT WELL WITH THE INSPECTION?

BETTY---I ADMIRE YOU.

I UNDERSTAND CLAY IS GETTING A LOT OF POSITIVE PR FOR THIS SPEECH.  LET'S HOPE THE NC STATIONS AND PRESS ARE EQUALLY NICE TO HIM WITH THE CONCERT.  THEY NEED TO PUBLICIZE THE THING.  I UNDERSTAND SCALPERS AND BROKERS GOT MANY OF THE GOOD SEATS.  ANNOYING.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2010, 05:05:46 PM »

Sorry about starting the day complaining.   Actually I was complaining more about THE COLD WEATHER and not "my cold"!  Laughing  This is the pits, but at least the sun made an appearance today.

GWENN, it's glad to hear you so upbeat again.  You definitely have "hutzpah"! ( I trust that's the correct word for "courage" and "resiliancy"??)  Laughing

JOHANNA, I am thinking that my next computer will be a Mac.  I have heard nothing but raves about it.  Since I'm already very comfortable with my I-Phone, I think I'm fairly well prepared for the eventual switch to a Mac.  But actually, once I replace this defective CD Rom Drive (free of charge from Dell, thank you very much!  Clapping) I give this particular laptop at least another year. 

I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying yours so much!!!

GLORY, I definitely agree with you about how these tech support jobs should not be outsourced to other countries.  When I think of all of the well-educated engineers my sons' age who can't find work, it makes me even angrier about this situastion.   

MICKI, I may have missed your post about it earlier, but when are you moving out of your current home and into your brother's home?

WILSON BARB, hang in there.  Almost Friday!

Gotta clean up dishes and then sit down to enjoy the Women's Figure Skating Finals.  I'll flip over to AI once ina  while!!!!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2010, 07:35:30 PM »

Tomorrow is my friend Ruths surgery,to have her leg amputated..I ask for your prayers for her & also her husabnd & two children.

Her surgery is scheduled for 7:30am and she will be in surgery most of the morning.

Ruths husband called and said that after they had admitted Ruth & she was in her room,the nurse came and told them it was going to be necessary to move anoher patient into the room. It turned out to be a 21 yr old woman that had had the very same surgery two weeks ago, as Ruth is having done tomorrow. Ruth has had a chance to talk with this young woman,& she is doing wonderfully. He said it was as if God had sent them an angel.

Thank you so much for your prayers, they are very important.

Marlene Huggles

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »

Tomorrow is my friend Ruths surgery,to have her leg amputated..I ask for your prayers for her & also her husabnd & two children.

Her surgery is scheduled for 7:30am and she will be in surgery most of the morning.

Ruths husband called and said that after they had admitted Ruth & she was in her room,the nurse came and told them it was going to be necessary to move anoher patient into the room. It turned out to be a 21 yr old woman that had had the very same surgery two weeks ago, as Ruth is having done tomorrow. Ruth has had a chance to talk with this young woman,& she is doing wonderfully. He said it was as if God had sent them an angel.

Thank you so much for your prayers, they are very important.

Marlene Huggles

I'll be praying. What a blessing she had someone to talk to who has been through the surgery to help allay her fears.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2010, 05:29:09 AM »

Mimi,
                    My heart goes out to your friend, she has had to make a very ,very difficult decision.
                    I can"t imagine being faced with that. I"m so glad she has a loving family to care for her
                    and give her support.

I pray for her undergoing this traumatic surgeryand a good recovery.

It seems she had an angel watching over her, to send this young lady to encourage

when she needed it the most.

I feel for her family and also for you .
I know how much you
care for her.

Betty Huggles
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx