gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195258 times)
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 02:08:31 PM »

BUT I BET SUNNY NEVER LIVED ON THE NAVAJO INDIAN RESERVATION. Laughing I DID FOR 12 YEARS, lmao

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 02:13:36 PM »

BUT I BET SUNNY NEVER LIVED ON THE NAVAJO INDIAN RESERVATION. Laughing I DID FOR 12 YEARS, lmao
Now, that's cool. bigsmile

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2010, 02:23:13 PM »

WOW!! Sunny and Glory, you have done neat stuff.

Me, totally boring. Although.........

I got another email on that dating site- a guy from upstate NY- a LONG way away from me.  I am posting the email because it is anonymous, so I should be ok- but this is hysterical:

Hi, my name is ---- you are very beautiful! I would love to talk and get to know you, I am a single, white man with brown hair and green eyes about 190 5"11 good shape, 39 years old. I have a foot fetish and would love to massage and pamper your feet, I am really good at foot massages. I am a nice guy and would love to be submissive to you, I would love to learn to give you pedicures, do your housework, any chores!

So I replied that he lived way far away and was definitely too young for me. That did not deter him ( I think my beauty overwhelmed him  lmao )

Hi, you are so beautiful I dont mind traveling to be at your feet, you are so sexy I would love to be submissive to you, I am really good at housework, will do any chore, I would love to call you or give you my#?

So I asked him not to email me again.  I dont have the patience for boy toys, unless they are 31, have a great voice, and eyes that melt my soul   Thud!  Orientation is not a prerequisite  Laughing

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2010, 03:38:47 PM »

YEP MY HUBBY WAS A MATH TEACHER VERY SMART, WE LIVED ON THE RESERVATION FOR 5 YEARS THEN BUILT A HOME IN TOWN BUT HE DROVE EVERYDAYTO WORK HE ALSO TAUGHT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO FOR 11 YEARS. HE WON TEACHER OF THE YEAR FOR THE FOUR CORNERS AREA WHICH INCLUDED NEW MEXICO ,ARIZONA, UTAH,COLARADO, THEN HE GOT SICK MENTALLY AND THAT WAS THAT. NOT FUN. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE USED ME AS HIS PUNCHING BAG, SO I LEFT WITH THE CLOTHES ON OUR BACKS,AND 3 KIDS AND STARTED OVER.

I LIVED IN ARKANSAS, OKLAHOMA, TEXAS , INDIANA,  MICH, KY

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2010, 04:41:48 PM »

YEP MY HUBBY WAS A MATH TEACHER VERY SMART, WE LIVED ON THE RESERVATION FOR 5 YEARS THEN BUILT A HOME IN TOWN BUT HE DROVE EVERYDAYTO WORK HE ALSO TAUGHT AT THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO FOR 11 YEARS. HE WON TEACHER OF THE YEAR FOR THE FOUR CORNERS AREA WHICH INCLUDED NEW MEXICO ,ARIZONA, UTAH,COLARADO, THEN HE GOT SICK MENTALLY AND THAT WAS THAT. NOT FUN. ESPECIALLY WHEN HE USED ME AS HIS PUNCHING BAG, SO I LEFT WITH THE CLOTHES ON OUR BACKS,AND 3 KIDS AND STARTED OVER.

I LIVED IN ARKANSAS, OKLAHOMA, TEXAS , INDIANA,  MICH, KY

Good heavens Glory...and I'm betting that that is just for starters, huh...I think you've got a life story to share my friend...as in a book...I'm serious...!  I was about to ask if you knew anyone who'd write it...but, it needs to be written in your voice...wow...just wow...  Huggles

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2010, 04:45:35 PM »

Dang, Glory. That is an interesting life!

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2010, 05:05:08 PM »

wave CM'ers. .  Had an early appointment at 9 this morning and then came home.   I've been sleeping on and off all day.  I'm hoping to completely shake this bug by Monday, but whatever.  hypnotic

MARION, I couldn't be happier for you and your beautiful daughter for the wonderful job she landed after months of sheer grit and tenacity.  Clapping  Best of all, it sounds as if she has a job that is worthy of her talents and "people skills".  She made a huge impression on me when I met her way back when at Musikfest.  I also remember meeting GWENN'S ER briefly and thinking what a beautiful and spirited young lady she is!   Wow, that seems like a lifetime ago, doesn't it?

Speaking of "lifetime", it sounds as if GLORY's story has all of the makings of a Lifetime movie!  Yikes, you lived for 12 years on a Navajo reservation and then dealt with so much more when you all left???/

MICKI, I wish you could find a nice assisted living facility, as well.  I must say, though, they are ridiculously expensive.  The ones we are looking at for my mother are in the $3000 to $4000 per month range.  She has finally agreed to spend down her life savings towards living there;  in a few years unfortunately she will have to go to a Medicaid assisted living facility once her assets have been depleted or we may have to kick in with our own funds;  it's just too early to tell.   The good news is that there is a brand new Medicaid facility not far from our home.   It's actually quite nice.    

Maybe I didn't explain my situation clearly (which definitely won't be a first!  Paranoid  Laughing ).   Phil and I are in the process of checking out the facilities in the area.  We will then narrow the choices down to 2 or 3 so as not to overwhelm her.  Then we will  pick her up across the state and bring her back to stay with us until she finally makes a decision.   Hopefully that will happen in the next 2 or 3 weeks.  However, the actual move probably won't take place until mid-summer, as her apt. lease isn't up until then.   (   don't let it interfere with my summer Clay-trecking).

Anyway, thanks to those of you who have allowed me to post about this here on CM.  It really helps me to put my frustrations and fears into words.    

I had the pleasure of talking to BETTY on this phone today, and I'm so happy she has now has all of her reservations and travel arrangements intact.  What a delightful and spunky lady!!!  Huggles

JOHANNA, how's your counseling job going?

SUNNY, I'm a cynical person too....I do think Clay will probably go "incommunicado" for a brief period after the PBS taping, but then I think there's going to be more Clay "action" than we can deal with at least for a while!!!!  

Need to rest a bit again.  Have a good evening!  

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »

WE CAME TO INDIANA TO MY FOLKS HE FOLLOWED ME,GOT A RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST HIM HE PAID NO ATTENTION TO IT WENT TO THE KIDS SCHOOL THE PRINCIPAL CALLED THE COPS SEVERAL TIMES  AND HE WAS REMOVED,. HE TRIED TO KIDNAP BECCA HE WAS PUT IN JAIL SEVERAL TIMES, WE HAD TO GO TO COURT 2 OR 3 TIMES ONCE HE WAS BROUGHT INTO THE COURT WITH HIS HAND CUFFED AND FEET IN SCAKLES, THEN HE TOOK ME TO COURT FOR CUSTODY THE JUDGE TOLD HIM NO, HE FOLLOWED THE JUDGE TO HIS OFFICE AND SCREAMED AT HIM HE WAS ARRESTED AGAIN.

THEN HE LEFT INDIANA ENDED UP IN JAIL IN OKLAHOMA, WE TRIED TO HELP HIM GET ON MEDS HE DID OK WHILE ON THEM  BUT WOULD NOT STAY ON THEM. ENDED UP ON SKID ROW , FROM TEACHER OF THE YEAR TO SKID ROW. QUITE A DEMISE. THATS JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG LADIES, HE PASSED AWAY IN 2005 HAD A MASSIVE HEART ATTACK. SAD THING THE KIDS WERE NOT TO SAD, NOR WAS I HAD HE LIVED HE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO CAUSE CHAOS IN OUR LIVES.

HE WAS THE SWEETEST MAN ALIVE WHEN WE MET TURNED INTO A MONSTER . I LOVED HIM AND HATED HIM. ITS A WONDER MY KIDS TURNED OUT AS WELL AS THEY DID.BUT I WAS DETERMINED, Laughing

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »

Holy moly Glory...edited for a public forum...that is just unbelievable!  Oh mighty one is a well earned title for you, IMO.  Hope this isn't too invasive...by chance was he bipolar?

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »

Marilyn~ I believe you could have just told the guy you had a bad case of Athlete's Feet..that might have been a turn off Laughing

Glory, Goodness you wear me out. What a life...worthy of a good book.

Thea~ Best of luck with your Mom.She is lucky to have a loving & caring daughter.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 05:40:15 PM »

What a saga, Glory!!.. You certainly are a survivor and a courageous woman.. My hat is off to you..!!

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2010, 05:52:37 PM »

Marilyn~ I believe you could have just told the guy you had a bad case of Athlete's Feet..that might have been a turn off Laughing

Glory, Goodness you wear me out. What a life...worthy of a good book.

Thea~ Best of luck with your Mom.She is lucky to have a loving & caring daughter.

Good one!!  lmao

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »

NO JOHANNA HE WAS SCIZOPHERNIC.

MARILYN YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM  NEVER MIND lmao lmao

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2010, 06:09:37 PM »

NO JOHANNA HE WAS SCIZOPHERNIC.

MARILYN YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM  NEVER MIND lmao lmao

What a tragic illness that is...

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2010, 06:16:43 PM »

GLORY, schizophrenia is a horrifying illness.  We have some friends whose son suddenly developed schizophrenia in his junior year at. college.  He had such a brilliant future and all of a sudden he was debiliated by his delusions and paranoia.   Plus the medication is even more debilitating.  It must have been very tough raising kids under those circumstances. 

MARLENE.  Huggles  Thank you, but I'm doing what I have to do.  Life can sure throw us a lot of curves, can't it?   

MARILYN, I meant to post earlier .  Stay away from men with foot fetishes.  That's my advice for the day.   Paranoid

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2010, 06:17:23 PM »

ITS A WONDER MY KIDS TURNED OUT AS WELL AS THEY DID.BUT I WAS DETERMINED, Laughing
Glory, you must be their hero! You are mine. Huggles

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2010, 07:14:54 PM »

Thea~ Some children do not seem to care that much for their aging parents. If I would have to depend on my son,(if anything would happen to Roger) heaven knows what will happen to me..Thats why I miss my daughter so much,she was such a loving & caring person. Not saying my son doesn't care ,but he is just different than Dawn in his thinking.

Glory ~Your life has been a full one, & it is amazing what all you have been through. You did a wonderful  job raising your children under such terrible & stressful times,and I know they are proud you are their Mother.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »

MARLENE, thank you. I really needed to hear that this evening.   Huggles  And I can't imagine the emptiness you feel having lost your daughter.  Please check your PM's. 

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2010, 05:23:46 AM »

I GOT UP THIS MORNING TO SOME AMAZING STORIES.

MARILYN----EEEEWWWW.  THIS DUDE NEEDS TO BE GONE.  BUT DON'T GIVE UP.

THEA---WENT THROUGH WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH MY PARENTS.  THEY WERE VERY STUBBORN.  WHEN MY MOM PASSED, I JUST HAD TO TELL MY DAD WHAT HE NEEDED TO DO.  THANK GOD JEWISH FAMILY SERVICES HAD A WONDERFUL PLACE WHERE HE LIVED FOR A WHILE.  RIGHT AFTER WE MOVED HIM IN, HE STARTED HAVING MINI STROKES AND NEEDED A COMPANION 12 HOURS A DAY.  SO, EVEN THOUGH JEWISH FAMILY SERVICES HAD THIS PLACE SUBSIDIZED, IT ENDED UP COSTING PLENTY WITH THE COMPANION.  DRAINED ALL THEIR MONEY.  BUT I FELT IT WAS HIS AND IT KEPT HIM OUT OF A NURSING FACILITY UNTIL THE LAST YEAR OF HIS LIFE.  WE STILL KEPT THE COMPANION SO WE WERE SURE HE GOT GOOD CARE.  THEN, AT THE END, MEDICAID KICKED IN WHEN HE HAD NOTHING LEFT.  BUT  WE TRIED TO KEEP HIS DIGNITY UNTIL THE END.  WE NEVER WORRIED ABOUT INHERITING ANYTHING.  IT WAS HIS MONEY.

GLORY---OMG, DO I ADMIRE YOU.  NOTHING MORE CAN BE SAID.  YOU ARE A VERY STRONG WOMAN AND DID JUST WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE.  I AM IN AWE OF YOUR STRENGTH.  YOUR KIDS ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A MOM WHO DID WHAT YOU DID.  I FEEL YOU SAVED NOT ONLY YOUR OWN LIFE, BUT THEIRS ALSO. Clapping Clapping Clapping

MARLENE---GOD FORBID YOU NEED YOUR SON'S HELP.  I BET HE WOULD COME THROUGH. Huggles

I HAVE A BUSY DAY.  SEEING A COUPLE OF HOUSES WITH ER.  GABE IS SICK.  OY.  HER FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH A SICK MAN.  THEN I AM BABYSITTING FOR MY NEW GREAT-NIECE WHILE MY NEPHEW HAS A JOB AND HIS WIFE----THE QVC HOST---IS ON TV.  CLAIRE IS 6 1/2 MONTHS OLD.  I WILL BE TIRED LATER.

AS FOR CLAY---I HAVE NEVER HEARD HIM SO EXCITED.  I THINK THIS IS FOR HIM, A HUGE DEAL AND HE WANTS US TO SHARE IN IT.  HE COULD HAVE LET THE COMPANY HANDLE EVERYTHING THEIR WAY.  I BET HE PICKED RALEIGH. ACCORDING TO PINK ARMCHAIR WHO WORKS FOR PBS, THEY USUALLY CONTROL EVERYTHING.  I HOPE THE FANS DO HIM PROUD.  I CANNOT WAIT.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:38 AM »

THEA---WENT THROUGH WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH MY PARENTS.  THEY WERE VERY STUBBORN.  WHEN MY MOM PASSED, I JUST HAD TO TELL MY DAD WHAT HE NEEDED TO DO.  THANK GOD JEWISH FAMILY SERVICES HAD A WONDERFUL PLACE WHERE HE LIVED FOR A WHILE.  RIGHT AFTER WE MOVED HIM IN, HE STARTED HAVING MINI STROKES AND NEEDED A COMPANION 12 HOURS A DAY.  SO, EVEN THOUGH JEWISH FAMILY SERVICES HAD THIS PLACE SUBSIDIZED, IT ENDED UP COSTING PLENTY WITH THE COMPANION.  DRAINED ALL THEIR MONEY.  BUT I FELT IT WAS HIS AND IT KEPT HIM OUT OF A NURSING FACILITY UNTIL THE LAST YEAR OF HIS LIFE.  WE STILL KEPT THE COMPANION SO WE WERE SURE HE GOT GOOD CARE.  THEN, AT THE END, MEDICAID KICKED IN WHEN HE HAD NOTHING LEFT.  BUT  WE TRIED TO KEEP HIS DIGNITY UNTIL THE END.  WE NEVER WORRIED ABOUT INHERITING ANYTHING.  IT WAS HIS MONEY.

GWENN, thanks.   Huggles  That's exactly where we are with my mother.  To heck with her money, she scrimped and saved after my father died to preserve her little nestegg, and she is entitled to live graciously in her declining years.  What makes it frustrating is that now my brother/SIL in MD are angry that their inheritance will be dwindling.  They have washed their hands of taking care of my mother, but are chomping at the bit for her money.  Very sad and very hurtful what has happened these past several months.  My only regret is that I don't have the strength and stamina to take her into our home.  I just can't imagine the 24/7 of a woman who is walker-bound and is very, very stubborn.  Even with help, I just can't imagine doing it.   Hence, the need to place her in assisted living.  Sigh.   

You mentioned a Jewish home;  there is also a Greek nursing home about 40 miles from our home, but we have decided against that because of the distance.  It will be important that we are able to supervise her care and spend time with her at least 2-3 times weekly.   I know you understand.   As does MARION, as does MARLENE and a few others here on CM.

I know we're only supposed to talk about Clay here,  so thanks for listening.

You all will have such a wonderful time meeting up once again in Raleigh.  And need I remind everybody that even after all of these years, CLAY IS HOT?  (tm GWENN). 

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx