gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195479 times)
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 05:56:08 PM »

WHERE IS EVERYONE?????

They're watching the Olympic curling competitions???  Paranoid

We went out to a Mexican place for supper and now are settling into watch "24".  For some crazy reason I still find Kiefer Sutherland to be extremely  hot  bigsmile

GWENN, good luck on your mammogram.  Not fun at all.  Hoping that your results are good.   Huggles

Hey, Clay where are you????    hypnotic

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 06:28:19 PM »

Here I am, anyway, gals...   wave Wink

I'm trying to decide on patio furniture for the front of my place...it's a nice large space...in front of the kitchen, I want a table and comfy chairs...and the patio is across the entire front of my house...so to the right, in front of my computer room, I want to place a love seat and some chairs too.  Well, my sis had me stop by the local Bed, Bath and Beyond, to have a look see at a set which costs $300...it includes a loveseat, two chairs, two ottomans, and a coffee table...great price, I think.  It looks OK...nothing fabulous, but not ugly...and cushions are a part of it...which supposedly are weather resistant.  Matching, is a higher than usual round table...not so high as to be one of those where you have to sit in like bar stools...but a bit higher, yes.  And matching chairs...again a little bit higher.  I sat in them...they are very comfortable for this kind of furniture.  This is where I am a bit undecided...yeah the loveseat set is definitely worth the money.  However, I do want the entire front arrangement to match...and I need a table in chairs in front of the kitchen...and that part is not on sale...the table is $100 and each chair is $80...so then I have to think about it all.  Also, I have to check to see if it is OK that the furniture may be a bit higher than the wall framing my patio.  It can be viewed from the street...and there are special rules here about all of that!!

Thea, thank you for asking about my counseling volunteer situation...so far, they've been getting organized with some new counseling interns...they've got two on hand...and it means more labor on hand to complete the various tasks ...and I think sometimes the colleges require that the interns do certain things...although with mine, I just designed myself what I'd do to earn the hours...and flew through that phase...(the schools I interned at were more than pleased...) 

So, at this juncture, I'm building goodwill and doing whatever they ask of me...however clerical it might be...I helped compile lists of failing freshman...my heavens there were a lot...and then I helped bubble in exams...identifying coding...and today, I help create an excell file of data for the PEL grant submission...it has to be exact...and it is critically important it go in as specified so that students are awarded these monies...on this, my old job...years ago, came in handy...I had to compute numbers all day long...became very speedy using a 10 key pad...can do it by touch...I got this task done so fast, I really surprised the counselor...she was so grateful...I do hope I'm not rewarded with more clerical things...lol...I've also done some editing of a student handbook.  All in all, I'd like to soon have a chance to earn a few dollars each week...I can earn $14,000 a year...and I'd like to do just that...my entertainment/ala Clay fund...yes.

So sorry to read of your postponed Hawaii trip, Gwenn...but it could have been a nightmare, had Barry's back started up on him while over there, huh...it's so difficult to be in pain...and I think more so away from home.  I do hope it can be rescheduled in no time...that Barry's procedure does the trick, for once and for all. Tomorrow, I begin a Mah Jong class...yes...! I'm going to try it out, finally... ...so many times when you post what you love, here, Gwenn...I find I do too...so based on that, plus my cousin's feeling about the game, I'm certainly looking forward to it.  I'll let you know how it goes.  At the minimum...it's another way to get out of the house, and make more friends.  Clapping

Now where is our cutie??

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2010, 07:17:36 PM »

JOHANNA, love the sound of your new porch furniture.  I say go for the set if at possible;  otherwise you'll be kicking yourself up the road.  Do you by any chance have access to the wonderful 20% - off coupons they offer?  It's a great way to save money esp. on large purchases and BB&B.  Ask around.  And go to their webiste.  They'll offer you a 20% off coupon just for signing up for their mailing list.

Anyway, if I lived in the gorgeous CA climate, I would be spending 1/2 of my day just sitting on my front porch!!!   However, here in Illlinois if we get 3 months to do that we're doing well! 

So glad to hear about your counseling activities.  I hope they will eventually recognize your many talents and hire you on permanently. I think the idea of "building goodwill" is the first step in getting hired on either part-time or hopefully full-time eventualy.   I'm pulling for you!   Huggles

Off to bed early.  Routine oncologist appointment tomorrow.  Hate the blood draws, esp. when they end up drawing it from the back of hand since the rest of my veins are so crummy. It's either that or my foot these days unless I get a really good phlebotomist.  Ouch!   

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 04:39:16 AM »

JOHANNA I AM LOOKING FOR DECK FURNITURE I HAVE A DOUBLE DECK ON BACK. NEED THE SAME AS YOU. PLUS A BBQ GRILL.AT LEAST MINE IS IN THE BACK. I FOUND A SET LAST YEAR WITH GORGEOUS COLORS BUT DID NOT GET IT I AM KICKING ME.BUT WE HAD SO MUCH RAIN AND YUCKY WEATHER THAT IT WAS NOT REALLY WORTH IT. BUT I AM STILL KICKING MMYSELF ANYWAY.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2010, 05:27:40 AM »

MORNING--

YUCKY OUT FOR A CHANGE.  TAKING THE BUS TO CENTER CITY FOR MY MAMMO.  GLAD WHEN IT IS OVER.

JOHANNA---BARRY TAUGHT ME YEARS AGO THAT SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO GREED BUY BECAUSE YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER. ESPECIALLY WITH FURNITURE.  AS LONG AS YOU DON'T OVER DO IT, I THINK THAT IS THE WAY TO GO.  LOOK AT GLORY.  bigsmile

I AM GETTING MY HEAD TOGETHER.  I AM PRAYING FOR BARRY AND ER AND GABE.  SOME HOT REDHEAD ONCE SAID---IN THE END IT ALL WORKS OUT.   Wink

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2010, 06:45:48 AM »

Thanks folks for your thoughts...they really help...as always... Huggles ...I'm off to the gyn again, back to my old area...for a followup to the yuck...oh such fun...and I guess to withdraw some moola...EEE for patio furniture...now on to see how to get it assembled/home...the store did say they'd assemble it for me, for free...maybe I can also get them to drive it over to my place... Clapping  .as in Hope Springs Eternal...it's a large sale...what the hey...and I live just a few streets over... Smile

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2010, 12:05:26 PM »

GOOD LORD.  I HAVE BEEN IN TOWN AND BACK.  HAD MY MAMMO.  DID SOME ERRANDS AND NO ONE POSTED??????????  GEEZ.

BARRY HAS AN APPOINTMENT WITH A BIG TIME NEUROSURGEON NEXT WEEK.  OUR GP TOLD US TO GO TO HIM.  HE IS AT A BIG TIME HOSPITAL.  I FEEL LIKE THE GERBIL WHEEL IS GOING A LITTLE SLOWER.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »

I bought the furniture...holy moly...big ticket purchases are new for me...I think my guests will be comfy...now  of course that means you all here...as in the standing invite when Clay comes back to CA...or not...you are still welcome!!

I think we're all gearing up for the big events...yes, indeed...

Gwenn, glad Barry will be treated by a serious expert... Huggles  off to my first Mah Jong time... bigsmile

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »

From the International Media Facebook page:

Quote:
International Media

CLAY AIKEN will hit the stage for a special one-night-only concert at the Memorial Auditorium in his hometown of Raleigh, NC on Friday, March 12! The performer extraordinaire is gearing up for the release of his new album, “Tried & True.” The concert will be taped for a television special produced by International Media.

AND

$36,500 FOR THE NIP FROM THE VIP PACKAGES.   Clapping Purple Banana bigsmile

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2010, 03:04:16 PM »

Been out most of the day.  Went to oncologist for my routine 6 month check-up.  Bloodwork turned out fairly normal, except for one funky number.  Dr. will keep an eye on it.  Palpation check is fine.  Always good news.

GWENN, when do you get your mammo results???  Hoping you get good news.  Huggles

JOHANNA, I'm really excited for you about your new porch furniture!    Is it wicker with cushions?  We have that both on our front porch (just 2 chairs and a little table)  and our deck in the back ( love seat, 2 chairs, an end table and a coffee table.) I'm thinking also of buying an outdoor area rug for the deck to tie it all together.  Focusing on spring is so much more pleasant than looking at snow outside.  Can't wait to feel the sun on my back as I plant flowers. 

From the International Media Facebook page:

International Media

CLAY AIKEN will hit the stage for a special one-night-only concert at the Memorial Auditorium in his hometown of Raleigh, NC on Friday, March 12! The performer extraordinaire is gearing up for the release of his new album, “Tried & True.” The concert will be taped for a television special produced by International Media.

$36,500 FOR THE NIP FROM THE VIP PACKAGES.     

Hopefully there's more good publicity like this forthcoming.  Thanks for bringing this over to us, GWENN!!

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2010, 03:43:51 PM »

Thea,
                  Glad to hear you got your 6month check up over and trust

that everything is well.

I got the rooms at the Marriott all taken care of. Four of us decided to travel

by train and arrive there on Thurs. 11th. we have two rooms and want to get a

good nights sleep before Friday.  Can"t fall asleep ar Clay"s first PBS  special!!!

So excited!!!

Betty Huggles
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2010, 04:04:49 PM »

BETTY, I am so excited for you!!!   Party  Huggles Huggles Huggles

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2010, 04:11:09 PM »

OMG, I JUST HEARD WE ARE GETTING WORSE THAN YOU, THEA.  ANOTHER FOOT OR MORE ON THURS. WITH HURRICANE WINDS.  I CANNOT STAND THIS WINTER.  I MEAN, SERIOUSLY, I AM SO OVER THIS.

LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW.  JAMES SPADER IS A CUTIE.  AND I LOVE NYC.  SEEING MY BROTHER BRIEFLY ALSO.

BUT MORE SNOW.  OMG, I AM SOOOOOOO SICK OF THIS.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #93 on: February 23, 2010, 05:17:49 PM »

Just got back from my 'initiation' into Mah Jong...I LOVE IT!!!  ( Huggles Gwenn) What fun it was...now of course, I have to buy tiles and all...and while I knew one lovely lady, I met four more delightful women...our teacher taught in Illinois for years...harkens from NY.  And...she says 'she bakes'...that is an understatement...the food was fabulous!!!  EEE...and I need to drop pounds...gotta visit the gym we have here... She served red velvet cupcakes...with an amazing sour cream frosting...simply to die for...as good as any and much better, than most bakeries...!

Off in a bit to view AI with my sis...yeah, I still see it...cheer on budding entertainers, at least.  blush

So good to read of your favorable Dr's report, Thea...and so sorry to hear you CMer's are being bombarded with more snow on the east coast.

My doctor's report...I've got to buy a bathing suit...as in oh no!!!  doh icon_eek...so that I can sit in a jacuzzi...since I'm unable to climb out of a bath tub on my own...how embarrassing... I used to love tub baths once upon a time.  Aging is quite a trip, isn't it?!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »

Good grief -- I just heard we may get more snow tomorrow evening.    My son told me  that they had 12 1/2" of snow in Dallas last week.    I think the country has turned upside down.

I haven't had a lot to say lately but most of you ladies have a lot going on right now.

Gwenn - I am so sorry you had to cancel your Hawaii trip but I think it was a smart move.  Been there, done that with my ex and he couldn't stand the pain until he finally had the surgery done.   Don't worry about your daughter finding the right house.  When it comes along they will know it and everything will all work out.

Glory -  My goodness woman--you are remarkable with everything you have endured in life.  I admire you and now I know why you are the "O Mighty One".

Thea - glad the doctor's visit went well today.  Also, my best wishes that you will find the perfect place for your mother.

Marilyn - Hang in there with the internet dating, just be careful of men that come on that strong right off the bat.

Johanna - Hope you got your furniture and really enjoy it.  If I had a nice patio (and some nice weather) I would spend a lot of time outside in the fresh air. 

Also congratulations on the way the work with the school is working out.  I would love to have a part-time job making that kind of money -- would probably make my decision much easier.

Micki -  I'm so glad you have sold your house and have sold it to someone who will appreciate it like you do.  I wish you the very best in the future because you are a very special woman

To all of you I will see in Raleigh on the 12th -- I can't wait          

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2010, 05:25:41 PM »

Good grief -- I just heard we may get more snow tomorrow evening. 
And I was just about to tell Gwenn she should move to Raleigh! doh

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2010, 07:25:31 PM »

http://bit.ly/be6sBM    This was just posted at the CV

Very interesting.. Clay is a very smart & intelligent man... :heartburst

This was written by a guy from the N&O, that has been less than kind to Clay at times.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »

A blog for your morning read:

http://www.conclayve.blogspot.com/

T
uesday, February 23, 2010
Tried and True
Tried and True…Tested and proven to be worthy and good
(Merriam Webster)

It has a nice ring to it. It’s one of the phrases that sounds like what it means. It’s also a contradiction in the feel of its sound. Kind of hard and soft at the same time.

Clay Aiken has announced that his upcoming album will be a collection of songs from the 50’s and 60’s. The songs like the album title are tried and true. To some people they are classics, to others “oldies” with memories. But to some, they will be new. In fact, thanks to the touch of Chris Walden, we may just be in for an audio version of “everything old is new again”.

While my preference is for original music, I’m intrigued by what Clay and his collaborators can do with this music. He seems to be involved in every aspect of the album and on his last cover album, the song that had the most Clay influence was Broken Wings. And he made it completely new. I would expect that some songs will have a traditional arrangement but Clay has hinted that some of the arrangements are the most incredible he’s ever heard.

And if that wasn’t enough to whet the appetite, the album is being previewed next month at a onetime only concert that will be taped for airing on national television, likely in the second quarter. In my wish list blog to Decca a few months ago, that type of promotion was right at the top. I can hardly wait for the general public to see Clay in his natural element. Capturing your senses with his voice in one minute and tickling your funny bone with the next breath. Most of the audience that discovered him on Idol knows he is a great singer but only those who have seen him in concert know of his frighteningly quick wit.

The concert is being filmed in Raleigh, NC. I wasn’t planning on going but there’s something about Clay’s excitement for this project that sort of compelled me to agree to drive down from New England with some other crazy friends who also got caught up in the sensation of a new beginning. Fans are called it the new Deccade in honor of his new label, Decca Records.

Clay and his team set up a special fanclub presale last week. It was funny to see Clay posting and answering questions during the time leading up to the pre-sale. I don’t think he ever realizes what we go through to get tickets for his shows. He probably doesn't realize that on the day of a Ticketmaster Tango, you wake up early with your heart beating. You review the seating chart and the buying strategy a hundred times. You panic when you momentarily forget your Ticketmaster password. You swear at the screen when the jumbled word requires the Rosetta Stone. (The real one, not the one that Michael Phelps used to learn Chinese.)

You totally freak out when Clique doesn't put your password up on time and you have to get to work. So you back out of your garage while forgetting to put the garage door up.

Not that I've ever done that or anything.

So Clay’s excited, the fans are excited and the label seems excited. The promotion of Tried and True (or TnT as it will likely be affectionately abbreviated) will begin in the late spring. There’s magic in the air this time, not wishful thinking.

Tested and proven to be worthy and good

Seems to me it describes the singer as well as his album.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »

MORNING--

UP VERY EARLY CAUSE I AM LEAVING FOR NYC EARLY.  A LOVELY DAY WITH A DEAR FRIEND.  AND A DRINK LATER WITH MY BROTHER.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES.  WE HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A TOP NEUROLOGIST FOR NEXT WEEK.  ER AND GABE BID ON A TOWNHOME AND GOT IT.  IT IS 5 MINUTES FROM ME AND NO HOA FEES.  IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THEY WANTED TO SPEND BUT LOW TAXES AND UTILITIES WILL BE LOW SINCE IT ISN'T A SINGLE HOME.   IT IS  LARGER THAN THE SINGLE THEY WALKED AWAY FROM ---BAD INSPECTION, REMEMBER. AND IN A GOOD LOCATION.  THEY DON'T HAVE TO MOVE EVEN IF THEY HAVE A CHILD. I THINK THEY ARE THRILLED.  I THINK GABE IS A LITTLE NERVOUS CAUSE OF THE PRICE, BUT LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE, IT IS THE MONTHLY EXPENSES THAT COUNT.  THEY BOTH GOT SICK IN NEW ORLEANS.  SO, NOW THAT THE HARD STUFF IS DONE, THEY CAN RELAX FOR A WEEK OR SO.  INSPECTION IS GONNA BE PREDICTABLE.  THE HOUSE NEEDS SOME UPDATING, BUT NOTHING MAJOR.  THEY CAN MOVE IN.  APPLIANCES ARE THERE INCLUDING A WASHER AND DRIER.  THE WEIRD THING IS BARRY'S COUSIN LIVES 5 DOORS DOWN AND WE HAVEN'T SEEN THEM IN AGES. 

SO, I AM OFF TO THE BIG CITY FEELING A LOT LESS LIKE A GERBIL. 

LOVED THE INTERVIEW.  CLAY IS A SMART MAN.  VERY SMART.  SMART IS SEXY TO ME.  I HOPE HE IS RECEIVED WELL.  I WISH JEROME WASN'T NECESSARY, BUT BECAUSE OF swampthing I GUESS CLAY HAS NO CHOICE.  CAN A PERSON JUST DISAPPEAR?

SEE YA MUCH LATER.  AT LEAST IT ISN'T SNOWING -----YET.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2010, 06:37:09 AM »

Very interesting interview.  Thanks for bringing that to us, Mimi.

Gwenn, happy for Erica and Gabe.  Do they have a proposed settlement date yet?  A wedding date in mind?  Also, is Lower Merion Twp. where you taught?   Interested in knowing your thoughts on the computer webcam issue.  Good luck with your dr. apt. for Barry. Let him know I'm thinking of him and wishing him well.  Have fun in NYC.....I know you will. 

Barb, thanks for your kind thoughts on the sale of my home.  I'm anxious now to get where I'm going. 

Spring, where are you????  I'm so sick of snow and this winter!!!!!

Johanna, there are a number of devices that can help you in and out of a tub.  Believe me, I know!  There are shower seats so that you can sit while bathing, and even a "leg lifter" to help you to transfer your legs in and out.  I've had a shower seat for a while now, but just found out about the "leg lifter" when my SIL had her knee replacement.  They gave her one in rehab, and she's since given it to me.  Yep, aging sure does suck!   

Off to climb Mt. Everest (the stairs) to shower.  Catch ya'll later. 

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx