gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:34:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 237
Total: 237

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195876 times)
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #360 on: March 08, 2010, 03:12:52 PM »

Thea,
                Sorry about the angst with your mother. I think the easiest thing

is to go along with her for the small things and try to cope with the
               important issues.

Hope your DIL gets the job, and then they can enjoy
                 life, without all the worry.

Betty
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #361 on: March 08, 2010, 03:57:01 PM »

wave Hi folks!

I've come seeking some good thoughts and prayers for my 24-year-old brother. He came down with a severe sore throat and temperature of 103 on Saturday. He went to the ER and was diagnosed with a "throat infection." They ran no tests. Gave him a shot of penicillin, Motrin and sent him home. His temp was still elevated yesterday, but the steady dosage of ibuprofen eventually brought it down to 99. Today, although he felt better and his temp. was still under 100, he started having chest pains that he could feel in his arm, shoulder and back. Back to the ER he went. They did an EKG which the doctor said looked fine. His blood work, however, showed one of his cardiac enzymes was elevated (I don't know which one). He has since been admitted for more tests and heart monitoring.

My brother is an athlete (played high school and college football), so I want to wait for the results before I get TOO concerned. But every little good thought is bound to help. TIA!

ETA: Just talked to my mom. They are transferring him to another hospital - one with a cardiac unit. When they repeated his blood work, Matt's troponin level had risen again. The doctor was baffled because he wasn't seeing ANY signs of cardiac event on the monitor.  nixweiss They gave him several doses of nitroglycerin which gave him a headache, so now he is on morphine as well.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #362 on: March 08, 2010, 04:36:55 PM »

LINDSAY-- Huggles Huggles Huggles

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #363 on: March 08, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »

Of course, Lindsay. Huggles

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #364 on: March 08, 2010, 04:59:38 PM »

Lindsey, prayers and good thoughts coming your way for your brother.  Huggles

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #365 on: March 08, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »

Thanks so much! Huggles My parents should be there within the hour. Hopefully they'll get to speak to the doctor.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #366 on: March 08, 2010, 05:07:42 PM »

Oh my goodness, LINDSAY, of course your brother Mattwill be in our prayers.  This sounds eerily similar to what my 27-year old younger son went through last fall when he finally was diagnosed with  the H1N1 flu virus.   It can affect your cardiac function.  Hopefully they will be able get a firm diagnosis and stabilize Matt so that he can get  back on the road to recovery.

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #367 on: March 08, 2010, 05:10:44 PM »

BETTY, thanks so much.   Huggles  I just worry mainly that my mother will be so uncooperative once we move her into assisted living this summer that she will be asked to leave.  Paranoid She is a very stubborn lady. One tough cookie!!!  Laughing

I'm so excited for you,  JILL, GWENN, MARILYN and ???? on your upcoming travels to NC! 

GWENN, are you absolutely sure the concert is this Friday?   Laughing

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #368 on: March 08, 2010, 05:17:19 PM »

Sending prayers to all in need...and asking for some, too...

Golly Lindsey...I'm so sorry to read of your news...at least the doctors seem on top of it now...here's hoping that the tests will reveal what his condition actually is and they can begin to treat it fully.

And Thea, hugs Clay friend...I remember only too well when we heard that my dad (in stroke recovery at the time) was resisting assistance with showering...the worst of it...beyond the obvious hardship it placed on his wife, was noting the change in him as he had always been so fastidious about his personal hygiene...just another indicator of his changing mental state.  Good luck with all of that...and I think you've got the right attitude...just have to pick your battles.

On my front, just heard from my brother...and our dear relative passed away yesterday morning...a cousin on my mom's side...she is just about the last of such a lively clan...we had amazingly good times together...(I am very fortunate, I know)...Gloria was such a character...full of good cheer, wonderful company...literally everyone loved her...just so much fun...a real treasure.  Somehow, however irrational this sounds...and it actually is...since I've been retired, I've missed my folks more than ever.  They had such a bond...my extended family...gathered together to have dinner, play cards all of the time in their senior years...I yearn for that warm cocoon of conversation...and wish they could see that I finally have a lovely home. (Thank goodness I believe they see it from where they are...but I would love to be able to hear their laughter and receive their hugs once again...)

I am so glad there will be Clay excitement soon.  It will surely lift my heart, just as knowing my dear cyber friends here will be having a fabulous time.  

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #369 on: March 08, 2010, 05:32:13 PM »

JOHANNA, thanks so ver much for understanding my frustration about this latest problem with my Mom.  I am worried about how she will get along in a group living situation, especially now with this latest "development". 

So very sorry to hear about the loss of your dear cousin.  It does seem as if there are certain people in famlies who become the hub of all the activity.  I hope you can somehow find a way to become the one who gets people together.  Keep trying, JOHANNA.  Keep on inviting family members over and eventually they might catch on to the fact that you all need one another. 

Well, I'm going to finish cleaning up the kitchen and then get ready to watch "24".  I know most everybody will be watching the "Bachelor Wedding" of Jason and Molly, but I'm just not all that interested in that show these days...."24", on the other hand, has become a major addiction in our household.  Even my Chicago son and DIL watch it faithfully, so we talk about it a lot on the phone.   Laughing .  My son is always trying to get me to catch up on the early seasons when I wasn't watching.  Heck, even I'm not THAT interested in sitting  there for hours on end  watching videos of Jack Bauer running around saving the country. One hour a week is plenty for me!!!

I was wondering how soon we'll know when they will be broadcasting the Clay PBS special....I am so looking forward to it!!!

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #370 on: March 08, 2010, 05:50:52 PM »

My goodness, so many here are going through so much.  My thoughts, prayers and best wishes to you all.

Gwenn - hope everything goes well for Barry and that he will have relief from his pain.

Thea - I hope you can get your mother settled in a nice place where she can make some friends and be content

Lindsay - I will pray for your brother and my thoughts are with you and your family while you await the diagnosis and then the doctors can go about their job of getting him back to good health

Johanna - so sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin.  I do believe that the older we get, the more we value family and close friends.  My prayers are with you.

This is for all of you   

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #371 on: March 08, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »

Lindsey,
                   I"m so sorry to hear about your brother, it"s even more worrying when
                   you don"t know what is causing  these symptoms. I hope they can find
                    what is wrong very quickly.

Nitro does give you bad headaches.

Prayers for him , for you and your parents, it must be very frightening.

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #372 on: March 08, 2010, 06:03:27 PM »

Barb,
                 I think it"s true, as we grow older we tend to miss our parents and loved one"s more.

We do miss the family closeness and love.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Betty
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #373 on: March 08, 2010, 06:24:17 PM »

Thanks, Betty

I really enjoyed getting to spend time with you the weekend of the Gala and I am looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

It will be wonderful seeing so many friends again.  To me it is so amazing that one very talented, witty young man has had the ability to make friends of so many women scattered all around the country.

See you Friday      Clapping      Clapping

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

Barbara
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #374 on: March 08, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »

Lindsey- My prayers for your brother. Huggles

Johanna-So sorry about your cousin's passing. Huggles

Coming in early to say looking forward to seeing everyone for dinner on Friday and I'm looking forward to meeting you Betty, Barbara and Marlene. Have a safe trip to all traveling. Leaving early Thursday and staying in Durham so I'll be meeting you all at the Marriott. Can't wait to see Clay in concert mode. Been so long. So excited.

Oh I'm wearing black pants, a yellow turtle neck and a dressy jacket.

Thea-It should be on TV sometime in June but don't know when excatly yet.

Team Clay tweeted this. How nice.

clayaiken- Headed to Raleigh for Friday's show? Don't forget to pack an umbrella! Check out the forecast here - http://bit.ly/bjekyn

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »

Tiffany - looking forward to finally getting to meet you Friday.

Barbara
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #376 on: March 08, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »

THEA MY MOM WAS NO ANGEL. AFTER HER STROKE SHE HAD TO GO TO A NURSING HOME ONE OF THE GIRLS TRIED TO GIVE HER A BATH SHE TOOK THE SPRAYER AND SPRAYED THE POOR GIRL IN THE FACE, ONE NIGHT IN THE MIDDLE SHE GOT UP AND HIT HER ROOMATE WITH HER CANE. SHE WAS A HANDFUL.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #377 on: March 08, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »

Barb,

I think he is the Pied Piper for grown ups!!!!!

We are leaving on the train Weds. night and will arrive
         early Thurs. morning.

I"m really looking forward to seeing you again, you were

so much fun at the Gala.

Betty

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #378 on: March 08, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »

Tiffany,
                       How nice to be able to meet you in person, looking forward to it.

Your outfit sounds very nice.

Betty
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #379 on: March 08, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »

THEA MY MOM WAS NO ANGEL. AFTER HER STROKE SHE HAD TO GO TO A NURSING HOME ONE OF THE GIRLS TRIED TO GIVE HER A BATH SHE TOOK THE SPRAYER AND SPRAYED THE POOR GIRL IN THE FACE, ONE NIGHT IN THE MIDDLE SHE GOT UP AND HIT HER ROOMATE WITH HER CANE. SHE WAS A HANDFUL.

GLORY, if that wasn't such a tragic story I'm afraid I'd be laughing right now.  The visual is bizarre!!! .....Unfortunately I can picture that same scenario with my mother.  Her mind is going very quickly and she is defintely becoming a handful.  This was once a very beautiful, strong and talented woman.   She once had a gorgeous operatic singing voice.  She has spent her entire adult life wishing she could have become an opera star instead of being a housewife and mother.  Very, very sad.  

WILSON BARB, I am so happy for you that you and the entire Raleigh gang will be getting together for what should be an momentous occasion.  I promise you I will be there with you in spirit.   Huggles

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx