gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:46:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AI Season 9: 2010  (Read 9476 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: January 12, 2010, 06:22:43 AM »

It's here! The dreaded Season 9 of American Idol. Paula is out, Ellen is in, and Kara is still here  doh

It has been much publicized that this is Simon's last season. He's off to bigger -not necessarily better - but definitely more lucrative things.

I'm not sure how many people are still around who will be watching AI. Unfortunately with my added job I will most likely be working every Tuesday evening and may or may not be working Wednesday evenings. I'll start a thread every week and put what information I can but I won't be able to do a play-by-play as I've done in the past.

Anyone is welcome to jump in and give a play-by-play for lurkers and those who can't watch the show but like to keep up on what is going on.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:32:46 AM »

Tonight the auditions begin in Boston with Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) as the guest judge. Roll eyes

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:10:34 AM »

Tonight the auditions begin in Boston with Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) as the guest judge. Roll eyes

Thanks, Michelle.  I'll try to be there, but I think this year I'll let others do more of the talking. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »

Posh Spice? Laughing

I can't wait for Season 9!

Did you all see that after this season, Simon is leaving to start a new show? He will no longer be a judge.

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 08:23:34 AM »

FINALLY!  It's HOLLYWOOD WEEK!!!!!
This is where it starts getting good for me!  Plus, we get Ellen.  Love her!

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »

Me too Karen!

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 01:42:39 PM »

Anybody watching? Paranoid

So far I'm impressed with Andrew Garcia and Casey James (guys) and Crystal Bowersox, Didi Benami, Katie Stevens, Janell Wheeler, and Lilly Scott (girls).

They built Dave Pittman up so much (cute guy with Tourettes), then *poof* he's gone, didn't see him perform at all in Hollywood.  icon_rolleyes Was rooting for him....

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 02:17:25 PM »

Nice interview with Kara DioGuardi :

Kara Interview

I Like her as a judge, but sometimes I feel all alone in that opinion! Laughing Wonder why people don't like her?   

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 04:24:49 PM »

Nice interview with Kara DioGuardi :

Kara Interview

I Like her as a judge, but sometimes I feel all alone in that opinion! Laughing Wonder why people don't like her?   

KAREN, I guess I'm also one of the few people who DOES like Kara DioGuardi.  She is very professional and seems to know what makes a good singer.  I think she's definitely assumed a more assertive role among the judges since Paula Abdul left.   I miss Paula quite a bit, though.  (again, that probably puts me in the minority).  I also felt that behind all of that gibberish she would often make a lot of sense.  Of course, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, come to think of it!   doh

As to Ellen DeGeneres, the jury's out as far as I'm concerned.  I'm just hoping she doesn't take too much leeway in going off on her comedic rants when it's her turn to comment on the contestants.  She already did so once, and it did irritate me a bit.  But all in all, she seems "harmless" enough so far.  Paranoid

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 07:17:33 AM »

Thea, I really thought that the 4-judge thing was just a way of introducing a new judge (Kara) before kinda forcing Paula out.  But I guess they are committed to four.
I think 4 will work, now that Paula is gone.  Loved her but she really did go on and on when it was her turn, so the 4-judge concept wasn't working out. 

So far I feel that Ellen is trying pretty hard to take this new job seriously.  I enjoy a little fun from her as long as it isn't at a contestant's expense.

I'm with you; it's a "wait 'n' see" at this point!

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 09:01:50 PM »

My favorites all made it into Top 24! Clapping
Now to see how they hold up next week.  I assume they'll do the double eliminations from the girls and guys each week till they're down to 6 each like in the past.

Some of these people I haven't even heard at all yet.  Should be interesting!

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »

Hmm, disappointing tonight.   I really thought the girls were going to dominate this season; now I'm not so sure. Paranoid  Still like DiDi and Crystal, and I'm adding Siobhan to my short list.
The song choices tonight were weird to me.
Anybody else watching?  What did you think?

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 07:23:36 PM »

Karen, I have been kinda disappointed with a few exceptions in both nights Wink  I also thought the girls were really strong til last night Paranoid Guys were some better tonight, but no real standouts so far nixweiss

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 03:55:34 PM »

Karen, I have been kinda disappointed with a few exceptions in both nights Wink  I also thought the girls were really strong til last night Paranoid Guys were some better tonight, but no real standouts so far nixweiss
Hmm, disappointing tonight.   I really thought the girls were going to dominate this season; now I'm not so sure. Paranoid  Still like DiDi and Crystal, and I'm adding Siobhan to my short list.
The song choices tonight were weird to me.
Anybody else watching?  What did you think?

I am also finding this season strange...especially the 'banter' between the judges...it feels disjointed/forced...the original three worked the best...no matter how spacy Paula seemed at times...I think she was instrumental in selecting out the talent during Hollywood week.  This season's kids except for a few gals/guys do not seem at ease at all in front of much of an audience...hope they 'season' up quickly before they get to the final 10!  Who impresses me...and did from the start...Crystal, Siobhan, the blonde dude (Kari's...lol) and the last fellow to sing yesterday evening.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »

Johanna if I had to pick out two and two of my fav's they would match your's~~Crystal, Siobhan, Casey and Andrew.  I'm with you in the judging too, still miss Paula Laughing

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 10:45:31 AM »

I agree.... to Karen, didnt like most of the song choices.   hopefully they get better.......     just a couple i like so far.  Sharon i like the same ones you like...

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 07:40:56 AM »

Hope there are some wise song choices this week, and that a few people break out with star-quality performances!    Are they getting wardrobe, makeup and hair help at this point, or does all that start with the Top 12?

mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 09:03:22 AM »

Karen, by the casualness of some of the outfits I think maybe not yet Paranoid Laughing And then there was Adam, he didn't need help Laughing Wink

karen28
UltimateFan

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 04:51:59 AM »

Alex got voted off. sad Strange, I thought he was becoming a popular favorite.
I'll miss that very unique voice, and hope by getting this exposure, that he gets some great opportunities.  I'd buy his album, for sure, if he gets an offer!!

I actually liked Todrick better than several who stayed in.  What a great sing-out; he was great!

Katelyn......so great last week.  I downloaded her song, I liked it so much.  Then the mistake with the Carole King song.  It's too bad.

Lilly.....sometimes loved the sound of her voice, but never felt the urge to download any of her music.  Maybe song choice?

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 07:03:06 AM »

Can not believe ALEX got voted off.  Really upsetting to me, to me he had the most unique voice of all.  Not really interested in the others. 

I have to admit it didn't bother me to see Lilly leave.  I never did care for her.  Not my favorite AI at all.  Just no one that reaches out and grabs me still.  Now that Alex is gone we will see.  Maybe someway they will bring him back.

I do worry about Crystal's health.  When she sang on Tuesday I noticed as soon as she had finished singing she hurried to sit down on the stage and knew by that she is still not really well.  I think she needs a hug.  Huggles

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx