gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:40:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK DEC. 30  (Read 2083 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« on: December 30, 2009, 06:03:21 AM »

Exclusive Free Download: The Worst Song Ever Written

Last week, I appeared on Morning Edition to ruminate on one of the most significant events of the past decade in music -- namely, the debut of American Idol in the summer of 2002. Included in the piece was the chorus of a "song" I'd written: a parody of the sort of mawkish ballad the Idol winner always sings at the end of each season. You can read or listen to the piece here, though I should warn you that listening means hearing me actually sing something I call "On the Wings of Dreaming Eagles."

I was striving to emulate the booming stridency of a Clay Aiken or a David Archuleta, both Idol runners-up, and naturally wound up making Aiken and Archuleta sound like pint-size Pavarottis by comparison. But reader Timothy Trudeau and his colleagues at Syntax Records had a different idea, and instead opted to transform me -- using AutoTune, looping and other studio imagineering -- from a 12th-rate Archuleta into a fourth-rate Cher. I'd already received some sweetening and reverb with the assistance of ace NPR engineer Mark Greenhouse, but the Syntax remix is... well, it's something else entirely.

NPR Music Blog

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:06:34 AM »

Star Factory

Susan Boyle dreamed her dream in time gone by, but it was Simon Cowell who made it all possible, let alone worth living.

We don't have a category for Master Manipulator of the Year in this, our annual year-end look at the world of entertainment. If we did, Cowell would win in a heartbeat. Instead, we're anointing him Entertainer of the Year for 2009.

<snip>

DARRYL STERDAN

Simon Cowell? Entertainer of the year? This year? As Simon might say, absolute rubbish.

It might have made an iota of sense a few years ago, when Idol meant something. But ratings-wise, it has peaked. Sure, every year it births a new crop of singers -- almost all flashes in the pan. For every Kelly Clarkson, there's a Ruben Studdard, a Fantasia, a Taylor Hicks.

Besides, arguably the most successful Idol alums didn't win -- Daughtry, Jennifer Hudson, Clay Aiken. That pretty much negates the notion of Cowell as kingmaker, IMHO. And I challenge anyone to name one thing Cowell did this year that was unique and entertaining. He's a savvy businessman, sure.

Bottom line: Decades from now, when Susan Boyle and Adam Lambert are forgotten, everyone will think of 2009 as the year Michael Jackson died. Even Simon.

St. Catherines Standard

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:59:27 PM »

Greetings, CM!   wave

The new Carolina blog features SueReu's "Retrospective, Part 1 - The Music" montage; graphics by AmazingCA, Cotton, Fountaindawg, and fivegoldens; plus a Cyber New Year's Eve party invite to welcome the Decca Decade. The second "Retrospective" montage (TV appearances) will make its debut there.

Clickable by AmazingCA

The Clay blogs are up against some crazies on Google, so your hits/comments are needed and appreciated. Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year!

Caro 

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx