gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:22:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 411
Total: 411

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aiken News Network Dec. 15  (Read 1849 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: December 15, 2009, 07:52:37 AM »

Celebs share stories about their holidays
Celebrity holiday anecdotes from Chris Rock, Carrie Underwood, Clay Aiken and more.
By DAVID MARTINDALE

What do Kelsey Grammer, Carrie Underwood and Chris Rock have in common at Christmas? Not only with each other, but also with all of us non-celebrities? When celebrating that special day, fame and wealth suddenly mean little to them; family, tradition and cherished memories mean everything. Here are some our favorite celebrity Christmas stories:

Kelsey Grammer: Every Christmas, we get the tree up usually way too early. So what happens is, instead of a Christmas tree, it’s a crispy tree. My wife and I get so enthusiastic: 'Oh, let’s put up the Christmas tree tonight.’ So we usually rush into it headlong and, by about a week before Christmas, it’s dried out. So we have to go get another one and redecorate the tree.

Carrie Underwood: When I was little, I wanted a TV so bad. There wasn’t a box underneath the tree big enough to have a TV in it. So I was getting disappointed the closer it got to Christmas, because there was never another box under there that was big enough. What my mom had done was she wrapped up the remote to my TV. I think I had that sucker until I was like, well, they might even still have it at the house. But that was really awesome to a 7-year-old girl.

Chris Rock: A couple years ago my family was in Africa on safari for Christmas. We were at a lodge, and my kids are really young and they were so scared Santa wasn’t going to show. And just the look on their faces when their toys were under a tree in Africa — kind of cool.

Matt Lauer: My dad worked as the vice president of a bicycle company. So almost every Christmas I would get a new bike. It wasn’t that I needed a new bike. It was that he could use me for market research. So he would bring me the trendiest bike and, on Christmas morning, I would ride through the neighborhood, just so my dad could see how all the other kids would react.

Kristin Chenoweth: My mom has an unfortunate ceramic Christmas tree with candles on it. It’s not very pretty, but what it lacks in aesthetics, it has a lot of meaning. Each family member lights one of the candles and talks about the past year in their life and what’s been so great about it and what they’re thankful for and also what they’ve learned during it. It’s always like, "We are not going to cry. We are NOT going to cry." But obviously all of us are bawling at the end.

Jenny McCarthy: My best Christmas gift was $20 and a box of cookies. I grew up kind of poor and I remember in college I was starving. . . . And my mom sent me $20 and a box of cookies. I was so broke and missed home and here was a little piece of my mom in a cookie. It really warmed my heart. It’s something I never forgot.

Clay Aiken: My favorite Christmas memories have always been the mishaps. I think the majority of Americans’ Christmas memories are much less It’s a Wonderful Life and much more National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I remember driving back from getting the Christmas tree and having to stick it through the back two windows of the car and driving in the freezing cold with the windows down. With our Christmases, there was always something going kind of strange like that.

Al Roker: In our family, my mother makes this dish that’s a crustless sweet potato casserole-pie kind of thing. The finishing touch is marshmallows on top and you put it under the broiler to brown them. And it’s one of the Roker children’s born responsibilities to distract my mother so that they catch fire. We do that every Thanksgiving and Christmas.

dfw.com

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:23:38 PM »

Moonshot...I'm getting my days mixed up...retiree syndrome?  so sorry...here's some more news I planned on sharing at our our site:

This is posted on the CH:

Clandy wrote:

Well I have no clue what he's doing today, but I suspect he has had a finger or two in this post-holiday pie ...

YOUNG ACTIVISTS TO DEVELOP A CAMPAIGN FOR INCLUSION

BETHESDA, MD--Twenty young people from across the country will come together here next month to participate in a national summit. Their goal: develop an advocacy campaign that builds awareness and support for the full social and educational inclusion of people with disabilities. The youth leaders, diverse in their backgrounds, experiences and abilities, are united in their vision of a world where people of all abilities have the same opportunities.

The National Youth Inclusion Summit is organized by the Including Samuel Project, a program of University of New Hampshire’s Institute on Disability, along with Imagination Stage, the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation, and the National Inclusion Project. Partners in the effort include the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Kids Included Together, Girl Scouts of the USA, Victor Pineda Foundation and VSA arts.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:27:26 PM »

Here's a neat blog by a NJU:

http://soundtracktomyday.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-music-clay-aiken.html

Christmas Music - Clay Aiken

Say what you will, but Clay Aiken killed it on his Holiday album, Merry Christmas With Love. I listen to it every year, and it just warms the cockles of my heart. Here he is singing three favorites from his holiday special. He starts with Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, The Christmas Waltz, and finally, the original Merry Christmas With Love.  ...

Sure, he may not be the best looking, the slickest, nor the sexiest singer out there, but the boy can sing. You can find out more about Clay Aiken [like the tabloids haven't told us all more than we'd ever care to know, including about his child with producer Jaymes Foster, sister of mega-producer David Foster], you can find his official website here. ...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx