gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 273
Total: 273

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 101 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BLP #108 : : It's not a cult, but it's a lifestyle (Rated R)  (Read 250441 times)
franniek54
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2008, 08:47:32 PM »

I'm doin just hunky dorey Philly, how bout you?

I know you've already seen this but I think it's so cool I wanna bring it over. 

It's the O M W H display in the biggest CD store in Seoul Korea.  Bigger than the displays in the US!  Clay should definately do an international tour.

franniek54
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »

This is from someone in Korea, from CV:

QUOTE(snowluv4 @ May 16 2008, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE(Vertigo @ May 17 2008, 02:00 AM)
snowluv4, if he were marketed in Korea, how do you think he would be received?

I'm sure he would be received really well.Actually,he is doing pretty good considering virtually NONE promotion from the label.

I went to one of the biggest record stores in Seoul and took some pics.

He was #5 at pop list.There was a whole row stocked with On My Way Here under this(maybe 30-40 CDs) but I could not take the photo because the counter was just behind and I was trying to be normal.

6-7CDs are also stocked at pop section.

Now we can listen to the album.(Last week, there was nada)

As people here loves ballads(the ballad is very well respected mainstream genre in Korea as only good singers can sing ballads well.Many Korean guys like ballad singers and try to copy/imitate them,so there is no image issue for him to overcome. Also, he has many virtues that would make people like him such as modesty and responsibility as a celebrity.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2008, 09:35:12 PM »

It's a great placement, I only wish  best buys would get the hink..
lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2008, 10:31:40 PM »

Purple Banana It makes me really happy to see that Clay is loved by other fans outside of the US.

He really should think about touring internationally, its amazing how many fans he has..someone actually put dots on the map of the world to show which part of the globe Clay Aiken fans are located and I just can't remember where I saw it but it was amazing. There were dots in practically all over Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, China, Korea, Japan, Philippines, even South America..if he could start like in England because he has so many fans from Europe, I can just imagine so many fans flocking Wembly Stadium or wherever there to see him.

There was a girl I ran into @ youtube who mentioned about patiently trying to figure how to get his new CD since the only exposure they can see of Clay is watching youtube or online or prolly even flying here to the US to see him.

Jules

Sing badly if you must, but sing
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2008, 05:08:42 AM »

Good morning everyone!  wave

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2008, 06:14:03 AM »

Good morning!  wave

We had a great time last night. I thought the finale was wonderful. They focused on the idols themselves and not on other groups. Even when they had guest musicians, they sang with the idols. Not like last year. And I was very happy with who won. That was my guy.    bigsmile After the show Tuesday night, I was afraid it was going to be more onesided toward Archuleta. But after reading some stuff online, I felt that it would be closer and Cook might win. I can't wait to buy his CD and watch his career progress.

"The last 20 feet are the hardest."
"Maybe I can rest beneath your smile."
NCSandhillsDeb
Adults
SuperFan

« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2008, 06:21:12 AM »

GOOD morning!!!!!!!   wave

America finally got it right last night, was so happy David Cook won.  Looking forward to his first CD and the Idol tour when it rolls thru Charlotte!!!!!!!!!   

So sad about Steven Curtis Chapman's little girl tho, saw him last year at the NC State Fair, such a tradegy.  Prayers to the family.

Fran, thanks for the pics of the CD displays from Korea.  How cool is that??

Debbie

All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.  Charles M Schulz
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2008, 06:23:43 AM »

wave

too busy already....

franniek54
« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2008, 06:56:05 AM »

Morning Philly, Jules, Meesa, Krista, Debbie   wave

From what I'm reading TC is totally neglecting their international fanbase.  It's a completely untapped market.  Maybe if On My Way Here took off in Europe, then Americans would be more willing to give it a listen, and it could sneak into the American consciousness thru the backdoor. 

Wouldn't it be awesome if when Americans are vacationing this summer, all they were hearing all over Europe and Asia was Clay on the radio, in the shops and restaurants, and yes, even in the clubs!!!!
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #309 on: May 22, 2008, 07:40:09 AM »

Debbie, someone at work just told me about Steven Curtis Chapman and his daughter. That is horrible. My thoughts are with them.
And I wish I could go to the AI tour. I really wanted to go but it is a terrible date (the first day of classes) and the location is not great. You'll have to tell me all about it.  Smile

Fran, the international market is untapped. I know that Kelly tours a lot over in Europe. She was there this spring. I don't understand the reluctance, either from TC or RCA.

lucrezianoine
Claymaniac

Member of the Caffeineholic Anonymous

« Reply #310 on: May 22, 2008, 08:01:35 AM »

Morning Philly, Jules, Meesa, Krista, Debbie   wave

From what I'm reading TC is totally neglecting their international fanbase.  It's a completely untapped market.  Maybe if On My Way Here took off in Europe, then Americans would be more willing to give it a listen, and it could sneak into the American consciousness thru the backdoor. 

Wouldn't it be awesome if when Americans are vacationing this summer, all they were hearing all over Europe and Asia was Clay on the radio, in the shops and restaurants, and yes, even in the clubs!!!!

Good morning frankie..can you explain the what TC stands for? Still learning haha..
I was googling last night to see if Clay will be at the David Foster Gala did someone say tommorow? or sometime this May? But there wasn't information yet..

Looking forward to checking out the AOL session when those come out..

Jules

Sing badly if you must, but sing
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2008, 09:40:43 AM »

Jules  wave I'm not Fran but I'll answer your question. TC means Team Clay. The people who are responsible for promotion, publicity, touring, everything to do with his career.

Meesa, I just noticed your avie. Love it.  bigsmile

Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2008, 10:17:12 AM »

Hi Krista  wave

Can you answer a question for me? What does NJU stand for?  Don't Know shrug

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #313 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »

Hi Krista  wave

Can you answer a question for me? What does NJU stand for?  Don't Know shrug

NJU=Not just us... Smile
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #314 on: May 22, 2008, 11:19:02 AM »

So are we partying tonight or Friday night? 

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #315 on: May 22, 2008, 11:45:43 AM »

So are we partying tonight or Friday night? 

Both! bigsmile
franniek54
« Reply #316 on: May 22, 2008, 12:01:55 PM »

Marilyn posted this great link in the ANN.  It's a youtube of Julianne and Apolo dancing to Clay's Something About Us, and it's absolutely beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28pWtVECPA&eurl=http://clayaikentheidealidol.com/whatsnew.html

This got me to thinking.  I'm betting this will eventually be the breakout song on the album because there are so many possibilities for using it. 

*Movies--soundtrack or love scenes ( )

*Soaps and TV

*Dance routines and skating routines

*Weddings, Anniversaries

*Prom themes

*Mix tapes for the mall or in restaurants

Watch the youtube and see if you agree.  It makes me remember when I first became aware of Mariah Carey in 2000, 10 years after her debut!!!  Oxsana Baiul was skating to her song "My All" and it was gorgeous.  I bought that CD and all her early stuff and played it over and over for at least a year.  I found that I didn't like her stuff that came out near the end of the nineties, but the early stuff is still among my favorites.  Using Clay's music in this way could do alot toward getting it heard.

I'm seeing alot of youtubes coming out now using On My Way Here songs.  I think this is a strategy (devised by Clay fans I might add) that can really pay off.  I'm excited about this.
fantasy
Adults
Enthusiastic

Now I'm on my way!

« Reply #317 on: May 22, 2008, 12:28:24 PM »

Philly, thanks.  bigsmile I'll try to be there.

Fran, I think I read somewhere about the fans making YouTube montages to the songs to help spread the "word."  Smile I believe that someone also made one to "Sacrifical Love" using DWTS dancers. That song also would work really well for dancing, skating, TV and soap montages, etc. Even though it is a sadder song than "Something About Us", it has a waltz like quality that builds that would work perfectly for that.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #318 on: May 22, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »

I think "Sarifical Love" would be perfect for Grey's Anatomy...
Petjen
Claymaniac

THEY WILL BE LOCKED

« Reply #319 on: May 22, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »

Thud! Thud! Thud! Thud!

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 101 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx