gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:01:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 353
Total: 353

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insomniacs' Sanctuary  (Read 66494 times)
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2008, 04:06:03 AM »

Sorry for not answering you. I went to the bathroom.   I'm reading Outlaw by Rita Jackson.  See you tomorrow. I'm going to bed once again.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2008, 05:34:38 AM »

I just missed you again, Evelyn!!!  I fell back asleep around 4 and have been up again since 6.     I know I won't fall asleep again, but I think I will lay down for awhile before the stores open up that I need to go to.

Fran - I was watching Jack LaLane's infomercial of his power blender.  I have WAY too many kitchen gadgets to spend $150 on something new, but it sure looks interesting.  You can make cold or hot things in there.  Try to catch it sometime when you are awake at night.   Wink

I also saw Bare Minerals for a little while...just channel surfing mainly.  If I see anything else interesting, I will let you know.  Wink

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
franniek54
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2008, 09:57:56 AM »

Woody, now you can watch your favorite infomercials any time you choose.  We could even watch them together in the middle of the night!      Here's the link:

http://www.infomercials-tv.com/

They have

The Cleavage Clip

The Cat Genie   It's an automatic litter box that looks like a toilet.   Laughing   See?

Egg and Muffin Toaster   I actually have this one, but I didn't buy it from tv, I got it at Kohl's.

Etch-a-Sketch Wired   It's an etch-a-sketch that you can play on your tv.

And so much more!

Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2008, 02:42:44 PM »

franniek  there is no way on gods green earth that my cat would get in that litter box.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 05:42:28 PM »

wave wave JUST COMING IN SAY HOWDY IN CASE I SLEEP ALL NIGHT.  Laughing

SERIOUSL Y I HAVE SLEPT REALLY GOOD FOR THE PAST WEEK. WISH I COULD GIVE YOU ALL SOME OF IT. Huggles Huggles I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS NOT TO SLEEP.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
franniek54
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2008, 06:24:36 PM »

franniek  there is no way on gods green earth that my cat would get in that litter box.

Laugh  Mine wouldn't have either, but once I tried to teach my cat to use the toilet with one of those pans they use in the hospital to catch your urine when they need to measure it.  I put the litter in the "hat".  (That's what they call them.)  I put the cat on the edge of the toilet.  If they can balance on a window ledge or a tree branch or a fence they can balance on a toilet seat right?  Well, It turns out a cat can only do those things if they WANT to do them, otherwise they slip and slide and dig their claws into the nearest stable object, which in this case was me.  Oh well, it WAS a good idea I'm convinced, just not for this particular cat with this particular teacher I guess. 

I do love cats tho, despite their obvious quirks.

Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2008, 09:07:45 PM »

wave Insomniacs!!

This is a fun thread!! I loved catching up on the last few pages!  I don't have trouble with waking up in the middle of the night.  I do wake up several times, but I fall right back to sleep.  I just can't seem to get myself to actually GO to bed at night! Laughing

Here's one more thing I would love to see Clay do but probably wouldn't be a great career move...

Record a CD of baby's lullabies. 

It probably wouldn't go over too well...but I sure would love to fall asleep to that soothing voice singing ME lullabies! Yes! I'm not sure if hubby would like me playing it every night as I fall asleep though.  Just think how young we could start those Clayversions!  Then Clay could say he has fans from newborns to nineties!  

BUT...then we probably wouldn't have this cool new thread because we would probably sleep through the night while having sweet Claydreams every night!

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
Claymaniac113078
Enthusiastic

Forever Starstruck

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2008, 09:51:42 PM »

Well...all's quiet on the Claymaniac front tonight!

I am heading off...so I will leave the light on for those who will be here soon! I'll also leave some brandy and warm milk out for anyone who wants either of them to help them sleep. 

For those who don't want to sleep....here are some oldies but goodies to stare at:

Maybe love requires walking through the fire to set me free so I can rise up from the ashes ~Clay Aiken

"Hi Cindy, this is Clay Aiken....Happy Valentine's Day!"  I will NEVER be the same!!
ILClaymate
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2008, 10:15:31 PM »

wave Insomniacs!!
Here's one more thing I would love to see Clay do but probably wouldn't be a great career move...

Record a CD of baby's lullabies. 

It probably wouldn't go over too well...but I sure would love to fall asleep to that soothing voice singing ME lullabies! Yes! I'm not sure if hubby would like me playing it every night as I fall asleep though.  Just think how young we could start those Clayversions!  Then Clay could say he has fans from newborns to nineties!  

BUT...then we probably wouldn't have this cool new thread because we would probably sleep through the night while having sweet Claydreams every night!

wave Hey Cindy!  I'm in the same boat.  I'm not an insomniac...I just go to bed too late.

I think the lullaby CD would be really cool and he would do a great job with it (as he always does!).  It probably wouldn't sell the best of course but its a nice dream!  (nice pun, eh?)   My son listens to music every night when he goes to sleep and two CDs that he listens to the most is MCWL and another mixed Clay Christmas CD.  He listens to them throughout the year.
franniek54
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2008, 10:40:49 PM »

Aww Ang ~ That is so sweet.  I have a similar story (see below).

Cindy ~ For the most part that is my deal too--I go to bed way too late.  That's why I am here when some of you all are starting to wake up.  Sometimes tho I do wake up in the middle of the night, and once I am up it's hard to go back to sleep.

Do you remember back in 1994 Kenny Loggins did a CD titled "Return to Pooh corner"?  It was a CD of sweet children's songs.  My youngest son was 3 when that CD came out and our bedtime routine was to read some books and then we would turn on a tape with music to fall asleep to.  I always laid next to him while he fell asleep on his double bed.  It was very peaceful and I loved that time in our lives.  One of our favorite tapes was "Return to Pooh Corner".  It's a really beautiful CD, very gentle and nostalgic, but not sappy.  Here's the track list (ignore the "buy from" info, I can't delete that for some reason):

1.   All the Pretty Little Ponies - Buy: iTunes Music Store - Rhapsody - AOL Music Now

2.   Neverland Medley: Somewhere Out There/Never Never Land/Pure ... - Buy: AOL Music Now

3.   Return to Pooh Corner - Buy: iTunes Music Store - AOL Music Now - Rhapsody

4.   Rainbow Connection - Buy: iTunes Music Store - AOL Music Now - Rhapsody

5.   St. Judy's Comet - Buy: iTunes Music Store - Rhapsody - AOL Music Now

6.   The Last Unicorn - Buy: AOL Music Now

7.   Cody's Song - Buy: AOL Music Now

8.   The Horses - Buy: AOL Music Now

9.   Love - Buy: AOL Music Now

10.   To-Ra-Loo-Ra - Buy: AOL Music Now

I always liked Kenny Loggins voice and music, and I preferred to have my kids listen to music that wasn't dumbed down for them, so this CD was perfect.  Anyway, long story short--Clay would do an awesome job with something like this and I think it would be a project that would be close to his heart, and he could give the profits to the BAF!

cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »

OK - I'm up and can't fall back to sleep. Whose here?

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2008, 11:14:01 PM »

Well ====from looking at the times. One of us is up and then another one comes one and then they leave and someone else comes on.  We are going to have to co-ordinate these times Laughing Laughing Laughing

At least someone is on this thread late at night beside me.  I'm going to try to sleep again.  If not, Cindy, Woody and Frannie - see you later.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
franniek54
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2008, 01:18:10 AM »

I have a question for you all.  I was thinking about this today.  With Clay now showing his comedic talent to the world, I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting some scripts to read for tv and films. 

He likes to be a little over-the-top, outrageous in his comedy, but there's a fine line between funny and vaudeville.  and he really can't do alot of physical comedy, except for those priceless facial expressions.  ROFLMAO 

So who would you like to see Clay model his acting style after, if he does any acting?  Here's some comedic actors that I would like to see him be compared to:

Steve Martin--he's really good at playing goofy, yet sweet, like in Roxanne.

Bill Murray

Leslie Neilson--Clay could do that deadpan stuff, he sure kept a straight face in Spamalot

Owen Wilson--he was hilareous opposite Jackie Chan

Jack Black--also musical and funny

Zach Braff

John Heder

Jason Alexander--started in the theater

David Arquette

Jim Belushi

Allan Cumming--Scottish character actor, very funny

Kevin Kline

John Ritter

David Schwimmer

Jimmy Stewart

Kelsey Grammar

and of course the obvious--David Hyde Pierce, and anyone from the Monty Python troop

What do you guys think?

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2008, 02:48:03 AM »

Good Early Morning!

I am up because my back is hurting.  Because of the surgery, I can't sleep on either side yet.  I may go take a pain pill and see if that helps.

I agree that Clay is naturally funny.  He doesn't even have to try;  he's just funny.  This is why he is always such a good guest on talk shows.  I would not be surprised to see him show up on TV shows  comedic roles.  Movies, too.

Sure hope he keeps singing!

Evelyn,
I sure wish I had some of your cookies to go with a glass of milk!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2008, 02:53:02 AM »

wave wave wave

I'm a little late this morning.   Laughing  I didn't wake up until almost 4 am. That's pretty good for me, but now I'm wide awake. 

I fall asleep JUST fine...too early most of the time on the couch watching TV.  Then I wake up to go to the bathroom and can't get back to sleep.  People have suggested a mild sleeping pill, but that makes me a little too nervous.  So I'll just come here and visit with all of you!!!

Good to see new faces over here!!!  Welcome Cindy and Glory!!!   And glad to know some people are good sleepers, Glory.

Fran - Too funny about the infomercials.  I will have to check that out!!!   Laughing

You have the best ideas for Clay discussions.  You may remember that we used to have Sunday Roundtable Discussions, that turned into Weekly Roundtable Discussions.  I think your ideas belong there, too!!!  So I hope you don't mind, but I am going to start a thread with your latest idea comparing Clay to other comedic actors.  I think it will make for a great discussion, and over in Clay Daily, a lot more people can join in.  I will voice my opinion there.   Wink

Evelyn - I think you and I are most alike.  Just wake up and can't get back to sleep.  I don't mind it so much on the weekends, but during the week it is very hard on me having to get up and go to work, no matter how much sleep I have had.  Hubby gets mad at me when he comes home on the weekends and I sleep during the day.   Laughing  He is a very good sleeper.  I told him I am up so much at night I have to sleep SOME time.   Wink

I have missed church the last two Sundays because of this sleeping problem. When I finally fall back to sleep, then I sleep right past church time, so I better try harder today.  We'll see...
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2008, 02:54:42 AM »

wave Prissy!!! 
Glad you found us here!!!  Hope you can find a comfortable way to sleep.  Hope the pain pill helps.   Huggles

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2008, 06:50:43 AM »

I almost came here at about 2:30. I couldn't sleep. Instead I turned on the TV. I'll be here next time though.  Laughing

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2008, 08:44:00 AM »

Woody - I think you should get an entire series of blood work done. Tell your doctor, there has to be a reason and you want every test possible as far as blood work is concerned. That is where I found out that I had Graves Disease.

My sleeping problem is related to that and since there really is no cure, I have to put up with it. I will say that because of it, I decided to retire. You are so right woody. It was making me nervous because I would wake up and not be able to go back to sleep and knowing I had to work the next day , made it even worse.  Now, at least, I can sleep off and on until I feel I've had enough sleep.

Hope this helps you Woody.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
franniek54
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2008, 01:16:51 PM »

Well, just speaking from my own experience, naps are the worst thing you can do, but I end up doing it all the time.

Fortunately I only work part time so I often times can catch up when I need to.

Sunday morning church was never an easy thing for me.  Saturday night or midweek is better.

Believe it or not, finding claymaniacs has improved my ability to sleep thru the night, cuz I stay up later so I'm more tired when I go to bed.  And it's way more interesting than tossing and turning for hours at a time.  I'd rather get 5 hours of real sleep than 8 hours of tossing and turning for 50% of the time.

I have a prescription for Sonata, but I hardly ever take it.  It's the sleeping pill that I find makes you least sleepy the morning after, but they all leave you with some sort of "hangover" effect so it's just better to try to do without IMO.  I'm telling you tv is the best sedative there is.

Woody ~ I do not mind if you put any of my questions into a rountable.  The more the merrier.  Anyone who knows me, knows I do alot of musing, about all kinds of things.

And just to get off of this boring topic, here's pics of some of my favorite of Clay's past comedic roles.  Show me some of yours too.

franniek54
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2008, 10:51:44 PM »

Well women, I'm about to head to bed, and I have only one thing to ask you tonight. 

Who wore it better?

Now don't ever complain about the long, straight, blonde, parted in the middle hair again!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx