gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:34:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insomniacs' Sanctuary  (Read 66171 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2008, 06:37:11 AM »

I've never seen this interview before.  It's by Linda Loveland at WRAL and it took place between the Atlanta audition and the first week in Hollywood.  The video is not good quality but there's stuff in there that is new to me, and I can't get over how gangly and awkward he is!  He was comfortable in front of the camera tho, even then.

11/2002 Early interview of Clay Aiken

Thanks for the youtube.  I doubt I have seen that either.  I'll have to watch later from home.  bigsmile  Hope you are feeling better!  Huggles
franniek54
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2008, 12:36:15 PM »

This is a quote I just read from wandocleo from FCA:

When the dancing girls came out swinging the ball things (What ARE those things?) Clay looks just gleeful-big goofy grin and we could hear him say "Oh, look at that." Honestly, he does joyful glee SO well.

Ok, I have heard this question asked so many times that I am going to put an end to it once and for all.

That "ball thing" is called a flail.  It's a midieval weapon.  The Midieval era was a very violent time and they had many assorted and creative weapons.  I won't go into that here cuz it is kinda gruesome, but if you've ever seen Braveheart you know what I mean.

"Flail - A jointed weapon consisting of a spiked or knobbed steel head joined by a chain to a short wood handle."

Here on the left is a knight brandishing his flail, and on the right, once again is my favorite dancer, Ariel Reid, brandishing her flails. 

Or if you prefer the Salamader versions:

Now don't say I never taught you anything!

ILClaymate
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2008, 08:38:10 PM »

Ooo, how interesting Ms. Fran.  I never knew what those 'ball-y' things were called either.  I feel so educated now.  bigsmile  Oh and I like Ariel's flails!! 
franniek54
« Reply #243 on: March 17, 2008, 02:38:05 PM »

Anybody seen this montage?  It's very cute!   

ONE

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY YA'LL!!!!!

franniek54
« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2008, 12:47:03 AM »

Morning everyone   wave 

Today I went out to lunch with my mom.  We went to a Chinese restaurant.     Combo plate #2—Won Ton soup, Satay Beef, Crab Rangoon, Chicken and fried rice.  Fortune cookies came with the bill.

I don’t usually read the fortunes in a fortune cookie cuz most of the time they aren’t even a fortune, just some platitude, which kind of aggravates me.  Anyway I picked up the fortune cookie and dunked it in my tea, then I took a bite.  Just right!  Not too mushy, not too hard.  Then I remembered that there was a paper fortune in there.  When I pulled it out only half a fortune came out.  I think that was a bad omen. 

All afternoon I had this thing stuck in my throat so I couldn’t forget about it.  That was annoyingly spooky. 

So I’m feeling a little paranoid!  Paranoid  I'm wondering what was on that fortune!  Maybe it said “You will die before your time from ink poisoning.”  If it was printed in China the ink or paper might have lead in it or something, you never know! 

When I told my mom what I did she shook her head and laughed. “Fran, you are quite an experience!”

It occurs to me that life is just a succession of silly happenings.  I’ve got a million of them and it’s good when we can laugh at ourselves.  shrug   I love to laugh at myself.  It’s better than being negative and fatalistic.  Life is just one big learning opportunity.

Soooo….I was thinking about all the weird fortunes that I can remember me or my family getting.  Some are just odd and some have strange wording because of the peculiar ways that they interpret English.  My favorite was:  “You love Chinese food.”

And then I went looking online for some more and I found this site:

http://weirdfortunecookies.com/

These are the funniest fortunes I have ever read!  I laughed my butt off reading these, they are so bizarre!  Apparently people send in photos of their fortunes to this guy, and there are hundreds, maybe thousands of them.  Too funny!!!  And the comments are just as good!

Here’s some of the strangest (IMO):

*A nice cake is waiting for you.

*An alien of some sort will be appearing to you shortly.

*You will gain admiration from your pears.

*Life is not a struggle.  It’s a wiggle.

*You are not illiterate.

*The rubber bands are heading in the right direction.

*Your emotional nature is strong and emotional.

*Your eyes will soon be sparking.  Keep them open.

But this fortune and its comments gets my vote for the most entertaining fortune of all:

comments:

~  “I got the same one, but circles was misspelled as cirlces.”

~  “How fun is it that a google search for “circles with mints” only brings up fellow confused fortune cookie recipients.”

~  “I think that “circles of mints” refers to coins (circles) and mints (a place where they make coins) is all a very poorly translated reference to making money.

And you thought I was over-reacting when I said there could be lead in the ink!!!!!!!!

ILClaymate
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2008, 06:43:09 AM »

lookie Where are all our insomniacs?  Are you all sleeping?  nap  Well I guess thats good.  I'm not an insomniac but I enjoy Fran's insomniac thoughts!!  bigsmile

“Fran, you are quite an experience!”

That you are and a fun one at that!!  bigsmile

It occurs to me that life is just a succession of silly happenings.  I’ve got a million of them and it’s good when we can laugh at ourselves.  shrug   I love to laugh at myself.  It’s better than being negative and fatalistic.  Life is just one big learning opportunity.

I love this!   Very good insight and I definately agree.

Those fortunes you found are hilarious!   ROFLMAO  Watch out for those 'sparking' eyes...they'll get ya everytime!

franniek54
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2008, 11:49:08 AM »

Here's a little present for Debbie, cuz I know you like Solitaire Clay.  (Me too, Deb.)  ABM made it.

franniek54
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2008, 10:03:32 AM »

HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY !!!!!

franniek54
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »

Clay Channel Unofficial Promo Video  *click me*
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2008, 12:37:23 PM »

I know what I'll be asking for, for my birthday!  bigsmile

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
franniek54
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2008, 03:37:27 PM »

Anybody wanna do a puzzle? 

My Puzzles Jigsaw Puzzle Gallery - JigZone.com
franniek54
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:25 PM »

Here's something pretty for you all by ressamac at CH

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #252 on: April 14, 2008, 11:16:04 PM »

I haven't been here in awhile (or anywhere for that matter) I have been with my daughter with no internet and also saw my son at college this weekend.

Anyway...my new approach to sleeping better is staying up a little later.  Let's see if that works.  I don't really mean THIS late...as I fell asleep watching my DWTS tape. 

Thanks, Fran, for the Solitaire pic of Clay.   Thud!  You're right, I love it!!!

Just wanted to pass this along.  My friend and co-worker talk about sleeping all the time.  She just doesn't know how I do it if I don't sleep through the night.  She says she sleeps through the night all the time (the lucky duck).  Anyway, I was with her and 2 other friends tonight and we are all within about 5 years of age of each other.  Anyway...the other 2 said they hardly EVER sleep through the night.  We discussed what we do.  Some lay there, others watch TV or listen to the radio.  So my friend who sleeps through the night was definitely in the minority.  So maybe we aren't so strange after all....

NOW, off to bed for me.   off to bed

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
franniek54
« Reply #253 on: April 17, 2008, 11:19:52 PM »

I think there are more women our age who DON'T sleep thru the night than ones who do.  We'll have to take a poll:

If you're able to sleep thru the night lift your arms up and cheer.   

If you're unable to sleep thru the night just try to raise up your coffee mug.    morning coffee

I'll have the final results for you after the full moon. 

So........what do you think OMC is dreaming of tonight?  Must be good!

ILClaymate
« Reply #254 on: April 18, 2008, 06:14:23 AM »

Cheer!

Unless awaken by an earthquake.  blink
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2008, 12:43:27 AM »

Unless awaken by an earthquake.  blink

Laughing  Is that what it takes to wake you up???  Ellen said it woke her up, too, and hardly anything wakes her up.  I happened to be awake.      I wasn't scared...  just didn't know what the noise was.   

I'm wide awake now!!!  Naughty  But I don't mind so much on the weekend.  Because I can always take a nap in the afternoon.   Wink  And I can watch reruns of Dallas on Soapnet.   Laughing

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
franniek54
« Reply #256 on: April 22, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »

Oooo, Debbie does Dallas!  That's a blast from the past!

Have you seen this website Debbie?  They've got tons of stuff on here.  Lots of pictures, interviews, videos

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/

Who woulda thought that Dallas would make a comeback!  I'm still stuck on The West Wing!   Laughing
franniek54
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2008, 12:58:26 PM »

For all of you readers out there here's some bookmarks you can make.  I've been thinking about doing this for a long time but Ashes (ClaysMelody) can do it so much better than I.

click here for full size

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #258 on: April 27, 2008, 01:27:39 AM »

wave

It's 3:20 am here.  And guess where I am.   Laughing

Pretty bookmarks, Fran!!!  Thanks!!!  Huggles

Dallas is on at 3 am and that seems to be when I wake up, so that's how I got started watching it.   Laughing  But Ryan's Hope is on after Dallas at 4 am, and again at 4:30.  I'm getting hooked on it, and that's bad.   Naughty  I've got to start taping it, but I'm already taping so many things.   Laughing  I remember watching Ryan's Hope all those years ago, and it's funny to watch it now.   Wink

Hope you are all having a good night's sleep!!!  bigsmile

franniek54
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2008, 09:09:07 AM »

Here's one more thing I would love to see Clay do but probably wouldn't be a great career move...

Record a CD of baby's lullabies. 

It probably wouldn't go over too well...but I sure would love to fall asleep to that soothing voice singing ME lullabies! Yes! I'm not sure if hubby would like me playing it every night as I fall asleep though.  Just think how young we could start those Clayversions!  Then Clay could say he has fans from newborns to nineties!  

Cindy, Woody and Clandy ~ Do you think our wish for a lullaby CD may come true after all?

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx