gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 396
Total: 396

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insomniacs' Sanctuary  (Read 66508 times)
ILClaymate
« Reply #220 on: March 08, 2008, 09:56:48 AM »

1900 House?  I have never heard of that!  Sounds interesting and I definately wouldn't want to be on that.  I'd never survive.  Is it still on or only on reruns? 

I'm not watching any regularly right now due to working on our house but the ones I've watched in the past are:

1.  Survivor
2.  Big Brother
3.  Joe Millionaire
4.  Project Runway Smile
5.  Meet the Parents
6.  Super Nanny
7.  ??  I can't think of the name of it but its on VH1 I think and its where the stars (mainly stars who haven't been around for awhile) live together for a few months.
8.  American Idol
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #221 on: March 08, 2008, 10:27:48 AM »

Ang - That would be Surreal Life.

Have you all seen Jon & Kate Plus Eight? Goodness, those little ones are adorable!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
franniek54
« Reply #222 on: March 08, 2008, 12:15:23 PM »

I have seen the teasers for John and Kate etc.  Might be fun.  That melt down on the plane looked like a nightmare tho.  They need supernanny for sure.

What'd ya think of Joe Millionaire Ang?

Surreal Life!.....that sounds like my life of late.  pull hair   

1900 House is occasionally shown in reruns on PBS now and it's available on DVD.  It was originally run in 2000 on four consecutive Mondays, one hour each.  It was a British production, only a one time thing.  You may like looking at the house tho since you're into that stuff.  Here's a virtual Tour ->  1900 House

There was also another series done a few years after that, done by an American production company called Frontier Life or something like that.  A whole group of people had to live in a little frontier town and there were leaders in the community and servants and all levels of hierarchy like you would see in a little pioneer town.  It was interesting too.  Oprah did a show featuring it where she and Gail went to live there for a weekend and it was hysterical.

BTW, Meesa bet you're glad you didn't go to NYC this weekend.
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #223 on: March 08, 2008, 12:33:39 PM »

Yes I am!  Laughing

That meltdown on the plane was due to delays. They closed the airport and made them sit on the runway with 8 kids who wanted to get going. Poor things!

I watched that Frontier version for awhile. I missed when it was on, but liked what I saw.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
franniek54
« Reply #224 on: March 08, 2008, 01:08:40 PM »

That meltdown on the plane was due to delays. They closed the airport and made them sit on the runway with 8 kids who wanted to get going. Poor things!

Every parents' WORST nightmare!

A lot of the Asian families that come to our office will travel back to their home lands with the children.  It's a 24 hour trip to India they tell me!  Most of them have a layover in Europe somewhere.  I can't even imagine what that must be like with an infant and a toddler!
franniek54
« Reply #225 on: March 09, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »

Laugh   I found this at Clay's Daily double.  Let's all see how good we are:

Since the news is slow today from Spamalot, here is a Spamalot Quiz to see how many things you can remember from the show. Answers are at the bottom of this article (no cheating!):

In the first scene, why did Guard #1 (Clay) say that an African swallow could not carry back a coconut?

What did Robin think that being an enlistee was all about?

What did the dead people on the wagon do after "Not Yet Dead Fred" started saying, "I am not yet dead"?

What are the first 2 lines of the song that Robin and Lancelot sang as they left the stage in the wagon?

After King Arthur's knights, Sirs Bedevere, Galahad, Lancelot, and Robin, are introduced, another knight is introduced. What is his name?

In the song "All For One", Sir Robin sings, "Before our battles I would always sing, for I have got a voice to thrill a king." What are the next 2 lines that he sings?

The Knight of Ni wanted King Arthur to bring him what? And if he didn't bring it, he'd have to cut down the biggest tree in the forest with a what?

What did Sir Robin do when he saw the Black Knight in the forest?

Sir Robin does a bottle dance and Russian dance in the second act of the show. What original musical are these dances from?

In the finale song, "Find Your Grail", what was Sir Robin's grail?

If the total you get correct is:

1-3 - You think Spamalot is when you put a heaping portion of Spam on your noon time sandwich.
4-6 - You are not yet dead, but you getting awfully close.
7-9 - You bearly made it as one of King Arthur's knights.
All 10 - Congratulations!! You have found your grail!!

And here are the answers:

African swallows are non-migratory.

Dressing up and dancing

Got up and started singing

"I don't know but its been said we're off to war we're not yet dead."

Sir Not Appearing In This Show

"When I'm up here on the stage I'll be the idol of my age!"

Shrubbery; Herring

Soiled his pants

Fiddler on The Roof

Musical Theater
franniek54
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2008, 09:27:32 PM »

Too intimidated to take the test ladies? or too tired to think.

I'm in the 4-6 category--Not yet dead, but coming awefully close.

How a propos.  I already knew that!

Well if you want something a little less interactive, how about just clicking on this link to watch a Youtube.  You've got enough energy for that haven't ya?  Huh?

Spamalot Etiquette
ILClaymate
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2008, 10:00:23 PM »

wave Hi Fran!

I'm also....Not yet dead!

And that YouTube was very cute.  Laughing  Thanks for the link!

off to bed  Goodnight!
franniek54
« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2008, 07:02:33 AM »

Oooh, Clandy was up really late last night! 

Hope you learned how to behave now from the Youtube.  You really embarrassed yourself in the front row, drooling into your popcorn bucket and making a soggy mess.   Popcorn!  And then you slopped it into the pit and got it all over the musicians!  Bad, bad clayfan!   Naughty
ILClaymate
« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2008, 07:52:45 PM »

ROFLMAO  Yeah right!  That must have been the other person sitting next to you. Laughing  Remember, I don't do popcorn!  Nener nener!
franniek54
« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

You don't do popcorn? 

What about that gourmet stuff we bought across from the M&M store in NYC that is endorsed by Oprah as a "favorite thing" and had 2 different kinds of chocolate on it?
ILClaymate
« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »

You don't do popcorn? 

What about that gourmet stuff we bought across from the M&M store in NYC that is endorsed by Oprah as a "favorite thing" and had 2 different kinds of chocolate on it?

Yes that was good but remember I had to give it to hubby?!?!?  Paranoid
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2008, 09:37:09 PM »

Hello!

Just reading and wanted to comment to Fran that I did watch the 1900 house, and those people really suffered.  I remember the little boy was almost starving because he could not have fast food.  And the work that the mother had to do!! eek!  And no modern appliances.  How did those people manage? shock

Now, imagine 100 years from now.  People will look back at 2000 and wonder how did we manage?   Laughing

Clandy,

I sent you an email about Photobucket.  I had to install adobe flash player to make it work.  Now I can resize and rotate pictures.  I've even been playing around with the captions and frames.

Fran,

I remember Joe Millionaire.  I really believed in that show as I watched.  Just loved Zora who he picked in the end.  I was disappointed it wasn't a fairy tale ending.  I see Zora on a commercial for a weight loss company; not Jenny Craig but one like it.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »

1900 House reminds me that Oprah went to live with a family that had no modern conveniences and lived similary to the 1900 House family. Her friend Gail went also.

I'll never forget Oprah getting up early to fix breakfast and how much work it took.  Gail comes down the stairs and says, "I like my bacon extra crispy."  You should have seen the look Oprah gave her!!! Twisted
 Laughing

franniek54
« Reply #234 on: March 11, 2008, 10:39:44 PM »

I remember that Prissy, that was hysterical.  Gail lost her glasses or something and they had to sleep up in the hay loft.  And they commented on how smelly everyone was.

Just reading and wanted to comment to Fran that I did watch the 1900 house, and those people really suffered.  I remember the little boy was almost starving because he could not have fast food.  And the work that the mother had to do!!   And no modern appliances.  How did those people manage?

I don't know how they did it for 3 months!  Remember they had to wear corsettes and they only had like lye soap to wash their hair with and the girls had to go to school like that.  And the dad cut himself so many times cuz he had to shave with a straight razor.  He was in the military and he had to wear an old fashioned uniform when he went to work.  They had alot of trouble getting their stove hot enough and the heat was very uneven so their meals were aweful and when they were able to bake a birthday cake one day they felt so proud of themselves.  The dad decided he wanted to raise chickens at some point and they had to build a coop.  The amount of work it took just to live was unbelievable.

Now, imagine a 100 years from now.  People will look back at 2000 and wonder how did we manage?   

Yeah, they'll say, "How could they function with those slow computers and those horrible cell phones and that crappy cable tv and those cars that you had to fill up with gas all the time and all those chemicals in their food?"

I remember Joe Millionaire.  I really believed in that show as I watched.  Just loved Zora who he picked in the end.  I was disappointed it wasn't a fairy tale ending.  I see Zora on a commercial for a weight loss company; not Jenny Craig but one like it.

THAT show!  I was so naive, I thought everything on there was just as it had happened until about halfway thru it I figured it out.   

I sent you an email about Photobucket.  I had to install adobe flash player to make it work.  Now I can resize and rotate pictures.  I've even been playing around with the captions and frames.

So Prissy are you playing around with your pics?  Show us what you've done.  We've been having some fun with that for the last few days in the BLP.

Here's some of mine:

the Bowler family from 1900 House

and this poster for Spamalot

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #235 on: March 11, 2008, 10:46:14 PM »

Fran,

I forgot about the corsets and the lye soap!! eek!

Here is something I came up with for the Garden Thread.  In my area (Dallas/Fort Worth) we had our annual 1 and 2 inches of snow!!  Actually, just north and northwest of us 7 to 9 inches.

I love your poster and framed "art."

franniek54
« Reply #236 on: March 11, 2008, 10:59:30 PM »

Wow Prissy, snow in Texas!  That really stinks!

Thanks for sharing those.  They're beautiful.
ILClaymate
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »

Clandy,

Thanks for letting me know, Prissy.  Its still not working for me here at work.  That must be the problem.  Probably the flash player is outdated.  I'll have to try it out at home.

I really liked Joe Millionaire and I thought they made a cute couple although awkward.  I can't remember alot of the details since its been so long ago.  I have seen Zora on those commericials...I think its for Weight Watchers??
franniek54
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2008, 09:55:06 AM »

I think it's Nutrasystem.  Here's an old link  http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/fit/archives/000236.html
franniek54
« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2008, 10:48:06 PM »

I've never seen this interview before.  It's by Linda Loveland at WRAL and it took place between the Atlanta audition and the first week in Hollywood.  The video is not good quality but there's stuff in there that is new to me, and I can't get over how gangly and awkward he is!  He was comfortable in front of the camera tho, even then.

11/2002 Early interview of Clay Aiken
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx