gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 408
Total: 408

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARTS AND CRAFTS, TALENTED CLAYMANIACS  (Read 40874 times)
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2008, 04:49:15 AM »

Oh my.....Jan!

My momma found my very old attempt at a sunhat drawing. lmao
I was TRYIN to teach myself to stipple 

I screwed it up but....

Man...that was kinda a mess! Laughing
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2008, 08:30:55 AM »

J.M

The way you start is exactly how Illustrators start their work.
Good explanation.

NOW, I wish you lived closer. Have you ever tried to paint in oils????
Painting is another matter, but I am sure you would do fine.
All you can do is ruin a few canvases

How about colored pencil??? Your drawings would take on a new dimension then.

But you are doing just fine the way you are. The shading is perfect. And teaching how to shade properly is a real chore. Very few get it right, you sure do. I shade with impossible dots , if you look closely at my drawings on my webpage. Sometimes I shade like you do, but I discovered this method of dot shading and I love ilt. Only it takes 5 times as long to complete as regular shading.
We both live in Florida, do you ever get way down to Sarasota??????? I have an extra room (my computer room) with a small bed, you are welcome, we could "art" together.

Keep on keepin' on!!!!!!

JAN

PS. My son lives in my studio , he would not bother you, ?????????

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
franniek54
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2008, 09:20:38 AM »

My momma found my very old attempt at a sunhat drawing.
I was TRYIN to teach myself to stipple 

I screwed it up but....

It doesn't look screwed up to me Kim.  I love it!

Maybe your momma could find some more of your old drawings to show us.

I also especially love Jeanne's piece ON THE STREET.
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2008, 12:32:54 AM »

Thank you all for the comments. Smile

Jan, love the new sunhat painting. Clapping
I would love to try painting sometime. I don't know where to start, though . . . I'm going to try airbrushing, though, in the near future. Smile My mum found my dad's airbrushing kit, and she gave it to me, which is kind of funny. How it turned up when i had been wanting to try it . . .
It's not actually supposed to be Johnny Depp as Sweeney Todd, (kind of, but not really Laughing). I was just doodling. Smile I tried to put Johnny in my cartoon style as Sweeney, but he just looked like a really mad Mozart. Laughing
I'm using the computer more right now since I can't do too much art with an 11 month old around (I much prefer working with traditional media). Laughing She wants to see everything, and see the sketch book, and play with my pen. Laughing My first niece was like that as well. I don't know what they like about it.

Frannie, love the cross stitching. Clapping I cross stitched many years ago (when I was 14/15 ), it's quite relaxing . . .

Kim, Love the CD cover drawing. Wink Clapping And your old work. bigsmile I found about a bazillion sketch books when I was cleaning the other week. I may need to scan (take a pic) of something.
And I loved you showing how your drawings are done. Smile

Well . . . I feel like my art is just terrible at the moment, but I like these little cartoony things I've been doing the last couple days:

*click*

I don't know, just fiddling with a cartoony style, and thought they were cute, thought I'd share (done with ballpoint pen, had to take a picture again) . . .

I'm thinking of something I can do to enter for the Minnesota State Fair art exhibit this year . . . but nothing much has come to mind. Don't Know I've been wanting to do something for it for the past couple years, but just keep forgetting. My goal is to at least get something submitted. Smile

I don't know why I am, though. All the years I've gone, I've never seen anything remotely along the lines of what I do (cartoons :P). Maybe I'm just being silly to want to enter something, but . . . I don't know. My art's not the best, but it doesn't hurt to try . . .

Anyhoo, enough of my babbling. Hope you like.

Love and hugs Huggles

Carla

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2008, 08:10:15 AM »

Carla...Do it! Clapping

Enter something girl! Your art is so fun and whimsical...it's fun to look at! Purple Banana

If it'd be completely different from everything else entered -THAT'S what'll attract everyone to it! bigsmile

franniek54
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2008, 10:17:06 AM »

Carla ~ If you would like to make a living in art it would be good to have exhibition entries in your portfolio and resume.
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2008, 12:20:17 PM »

Frannie...where's that scannin hubby of yours?

Were WAITING.................. lmao

Jan...I already know I'm a crappy painter...my art teacher in high-school TRIED to teach me oil & watercolor painting......
but I'm terrible. she gave up! Laughing

One of these days when I can find the time I might just enroll in a painting class. Even though I SUCK...I really think it's FUN to paint!

I met a fella who is paralyzed and paints with his MOUTH! Beautiful stuff too! Birds and wildlife stuff...amazing.
franniek54
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »

Those mouth painters and feet painters are really good! 

Maybe I'd have more talent with my mouth or feet than I have with my hands!

My scanner appears to be functioning poorly.  I'll have to take photos........stay tuned.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2008, 12:49:14 PM »

wave

I love coming here to see what Carla, Kim, and Jeanne have done - good thing I can't draw - it's especially good that I can't draw Clay - I would never get anything else done if I could!  Laughing

Carla - you should enter your art in every exibition that you can - a Fair is a great place to start!

I never thought about posting cross stitch (thanks Frannie  - I love your cross stitch, too - now Jeanne will be happy that I posted something besides Christmas ornaments!) I have so little of my cross stitch - I ususally make them as gifts to give away - but I do have one that shows my life's philosophy!   lmao

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
franniek54
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2008, 04:02:59 PM »

I was telling Kim earlier that posting my cross stitch made me think about this art appreciation class that I took 25 years ago.  I don't really have artistic talent but I do appreciate art very much.  Our only assignment for this class was to keep an art journal.  We could put anything in it that we wanted to, in any form that we wanted to, just so there were frequent and regular entries.  I really enjoyed doing that journal.  It kind of forced me to notice more of the art that surrounds us every day, and it forced me to think about what IS art and how I define it for myself. 

Well, I can show you more of what's in my journal later, but right now what I wanted to show you was that in this journal I made a few attempts at sketching.  I just used my regular old graphite #2 pencil and I drew these 2 from photographs that I took.

This is a metal sculpture that stood on a pedestal outside of an elementary school.  It's modern art, not supposed to represent anything in particular.

And this is also a metal sculpture that stood behind our recreational center.  It's very badly proportioned as you can see.  I think I just ran too close to the edge of the paper and was too lazy to start over.   Laughing   I'm not a very dedicated artist I guess.

I don't think I have drawn anything since and this is VERY good news for the artworld.   Clapping
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2008, 09:08:30 PM »

Frannie! Clapping Clapping

I think you did good! The second sketch almost looks like a horsey from a carousel...
maybe it's the pole...

Ever notice the horses on carousels are always baring their teeth....? Used ta freak me out when I was little. :shocked

Ok...still does kinda...... Paranoid

fhmmany...love the stitching! Great philosophy ya got...I'ma hafta borrow it. bigsmile
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2008, 12:52:49 AM »

Kim, Frannie, Frankie, I am going to enter something, I just can't think of what I want to do yet. Don't Know I have 3 and a half months about, so I'd best think of an idea and get something going. Huggles
I was on the website, and it said that over 2000 people entered and only 372 people were chosen to have their art exhibited. Paranoid Not liking the odds. Laughing Laughing But I'm going to try, for if you don't try, then you'll never know, right? Smile

Frankie, love the cross stitch. Clapping I love the saying.

Frannie, I think you did very well too. Clapping And I thought the same as Kim, the second looks like a horse from a carousel. bigsmile

Kim, thank you for the compliment. Huggles Glad you think my art is whimsical and fun, and fun to look at.
I was thinking that a little bit too, but I only worry that it's a bit too different for this kind of art exhibit. Paranoid The only time I've had my art shown was in high school (the classes I had at MCAD didn't much exhibit their work. Laughing) at a couple art shows the school district had . . . and I never won. lmao lmao The one I had in a show my senior year, I displayed at my graduation party and my grandma thought it was a horse. Paranoid It was a girl. Laugh It was done in charcol, she had a big eye, and it was only her face . . . I don't know how she thought horse when she saw it. Laughing I'll have to take a pic of it . . .

Anyhoo, enough of my babbling. Here is some old art:

*click*

It's almost three years old (as you can see Laughing), drew it for my best bud Simon, and yeah . . . I found it in photobucket, and thought I'd edit it a bit in photoshop so it'd look a bit cleaner. I'm happy with the result. Smile I absolutely hate her face now. Laughing It looks terrible, doesn't it?

And there you go. Hope you like the old art. Smile

Love and hugs Huggles

Carla

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2008, 03:40:08 AM »

I like her face Carla............. What's wrong with it? bigsmile

Jan....are the dots you use for shading similar to the stipple technique only with pencil?
I like doing stipple occasionally...for somethin different...

Here's my Marilyn Manson in stipple...he was fun! Purple Banana 

I like portraits that give me somethin a little different to draw...like Edward Scissorhands or Pinhead or somethin crazy but different than just eyes, nose & mouths!

These guys were fun!

franniek54
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2008, 08:43:56 AM »

I like portraits that give me somethin a little different to draw...like Edward Scissorhands or Pinhead or somethin crazy but different than just eyes, nose & mouths!

Kim ~ Have we seen your Edward Scissorhands or Pinhead?

Have you ever drawn Johnny Depp's Captain Jack? 

You should try drawing someone who has alot of tatoos.  I'll bet you'd do a great job on something like that!

Or someone with alot of wrinkles like Tommy Lee Jones.
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2008, 09:06:36 AM »

Kim ~ Have we seen your Edward Scissorhands or Pinhead?

Have you ever drawn Johnny Depp's Captain Jack? 

You should try drawing someone who has alot of tatoos.  I'll bet you'd do a great job on something like that!

Or someone with alot of wrinkles like Tommy Lee Jones.

lmao lmao

Okie Frannie....you asked for it! ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Edward in ink..

Eddie in pencil.... (these are all older...pre-scanner-hence the crappy pics.) 

Pinhead...

The Capn..guess I'ma hafta go hunt him down...I got one somewhere...

Here's a Tommy Lee...but not Jones.

Noticed he's got my name on his chest??

He wants me. Laughing
franniek54
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2008, 09:52:26 AM »

I guess I DID ask for it.      Nicely done.

Next up.....Sweeney Todd and his girlfriend.

Wasn't expecting to get Tommy Lee tho.     He's the scariest one of them all!
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2008, 12:36:40 PM »

You SAID tattoos..... bigsmile

franniek54
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

So I did....

"Be careful what you wish for,
'Cause you just might get it all.
You just might get it all,
And then some you don't want.
Be careful what you wish for,
'Cause you just might get it all.
You just might get it all, yeah."

~ Daughtry
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2008, 01:23:22 PM »

Laugh

Frannie...you are so funny. You crack me up! bigsmile

Huggles

Someone say Daughtry?????  shrug

lmao lmao
Beth
Enthusiastic

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »

Kim, You are too funny for words!  lmao

Oh, can't you see it baby; You've got me goin' Crazy
Wherever you go; Whatever you do
I will be right here waiting for you

*Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx