gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 401
Total: 401

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARTS AND CRAFTS, TALENTED CLAYMANIACS  (Read 40682 times)
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »

Thank ya', Kim. Smile Glad you like. Was fun to do, I must say.
Woah, I want one of those paintings too (and the elephant Laughing)! Clapping I've seen elephants just paint before, but never draw an actual picture. :shocked

Frankie, Laughing I'll stop, I'll stop. Laughing I'm very grateful and happy that I can draw, sometimes I'm just too much of a critic.

Well, since my scanner hasn't been hooked up yet, I thought I'd keep practicing on sketching on the computer, and here's my latest:

*click*

His anatomy's quite terrible, but I really like it none the less. Going to fix it sooner than later. Smile And it actually has a background! Oh! Which I really like. bigsmile And then going to finish the whole thing at one point. I think I'm getting a bit better with sketching on the computer. Smile

For when I do have my scanner hooked up, I've done an inked drawing that I really, really love, and will share that when I have my scanner all hooked up.
Here's a pic of it before it was inked if you'd like to see:

*click*

Cartoon me, and Oh mah Lawd, not cartoon Clay! :shocked lmao Um, but anyway, it's cartoon me, and my best, best bud. Smile He's having a bit of a rough time at the moment, and he sadly lives out of state, and our last conversation, I said, "I'd drive all the way and give you a Carla hug if I could." Smile He said, "I wish you could."
So I drew this for him as a surprise, and to make him laugh, for whenever he needed a Carla hug , and was going to send it out to him, but he's going to come back to MN for a few days in a couple weeks, so I'm waiting to give it to him in person. Smile
And I didn't ink in "Hug, Yay!", I just wrote that for . . . I don't know. Paranoid Laughing

Anyhoo, I think I'm babbling a bit, so off I run.

Hope you like. Huggles

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »

Carla -  Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Is that Simon? I remember he had to move away - I know getting to come back for a visit will make him feel better!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2008, 05:00:40 PM »

Frankie, it is Mr. Simon (I think he's taller than Clay :shocked Laughing which has nothing to do with anything Laughing). I hope a visit will make him feel some better. Smile

Here is an updated version of the computer sketch for who want to see:

*click!*

Fixed/redid his arm (and neck a little bit), and started inking.

Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »

Love seeing everyones wonderful talent!!  I am afraid I don't have any!!  CARLA your drawings are great, unique and wonderful!!!  FRANNIE I so enjoyed looking at your stitching and your fathers carvings!  I think you have a talented family!  Everything you showed us was so interesting.  ANGELA why don't you show us the jewlery you make, I would love to see it and try and get SASHA to bring some of her jewlery also.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2008, 03:51:47 AM »

Thank you for the compliment, Pepe. Smile Huggles

A doodle here:

. . . Should I explain? lmao Um . . . there's this one line in Eddie Izzards stand up "I poked a badger with a spoon", and . . .there's the spoon apparently. Laughing Doodle I did in photoshop. Was fun.

Hope you like. Love and hugs Huggles

Carla

*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2008, 03:59:37 AM »

Oh she is cute Carla!

Wish I could do that. Paranoid
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2008, 06:20:16 AM »

Love seeing everyones wonderful talent!!  I am afraid I don't have any!!  CARLA your drawings are great, unique and wonderful!!!  FRANNIE I so enjoyed looking at your stitching and your fathers carvings!  I think you have a talented family!  Everything you showed us was so interesting.  ANGELA why don't you show us the jewlery you make, I would love to see it and try and get SASHA to bring some of her jewlery also.

HELLO ,
PEPE. YOU ARE VERY TALENTED TO ME . YOU ARE AN AMAZING COOK & I HAVE TRIED SOME OF YOUR RECIPES & THEY ARE YUMMY!!!  MY HUSBAND ALWAYS REQUESTS YOUR ALMOND BAKED CHICKEN  .

CARLA, I LOVE YOUR ARTISTIC STYLE OF DRAWING.

I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST PICTURES , SO MAYBE  SASHA COULD SHARE SOME OF THE BEAUTIFUL JEWLERY SHE HAS MADE--SHE HAS MADE SOME VERY EYE CATCHING PIECES --SHE IS VERY CREATIVE.

WELL TAHNKS AGAIN EVEYONE FOR SHARING YOUR TALENTS WITH ALL OF US.

TAKE CARE EVERYONE,
ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

SINCE I STARTED TO PAINT MY SUNHATS AGAIN. I FOUND THIS ONE, IT WAS THE FIRST ONE THAT I DID ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO.

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »

Jan - I think that is my favorite sunhat portrait so far!  (The newer ones are great, too!)  Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Just beautiful.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2008, 09:11:44 AM »

JUST GOT THIS IS THE MAIL; A MAGAZINE ARTICLE
HOPE YOU CAN READ IT WITH YOUR MAGNIFYING GLASSES!!!!

LUV
JAN/JEANNE/TAFFY

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »

Jeanne Not Worthy Not Worthy flower flower bravo my friend, and they feature one of your sun hat paintings Clapping

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2008, 07:32:22 PM »

SUCH GOOD NEWS Smile

TODAY I RECEIVED A CATALOG FROM DENMARK.
AN ART CATALOG AND A PICTURE OF ONE OF MY WOODENGRAVINGS IS INCLUDED. Smile

AS SOON AS MY SCANNER IS WORKING AGAIN, I WILL SCAN THE CATALOG.

IT HAPPENED AT A GOOD TIME AS I JUST RUINED A PAINTING, GRRRRRRR

LOVE
JAN

Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2008, 04:09:22 AM »

Jan, I love your sunflower hats paintings. My Aunt's sister-in-law always made us Easter hats with sunflowers on them so they remind me of days gone by. I'd love to  see your woodgravings. Get that scanner up and running!
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2008, 06:01:15 AM »

Wow, shat incredible talent you all have.  Jan your work is fantastic. I love the sun hats.

I paint but I have no real true talent. I have only 4 paintings I like and they are copies of others peoples paintings. I like painting people and, abstract shapes. i work in watercolors.

My family are all very artistic, I was always the science/math one in the family. When I announced I was painting, everyone bought me painting supplies, books, tapes.  Laughing

My Neice, ( a true artist), cornered me at Mom's memorial service  and lectured about downing my work. She pointed to an abstract hanging on the wall in my bedroom and said that is really great work. I broke a smile and said " ahh  yes my GEORGIA O'KEEFE, IT IS RED AND YELLOW Laughing Laughing
 A watercolor of some mountains outside Taos, NM. It is a print I bought at the MOAM in LA.

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2008, 11:35:54 AM »

I knew we had an "art" thread on this site!

On Thanksgiving Day, yesterday, we were with friends and new friends.  One of the couples, from Colorado, had been to an Art Museum in Oklahoma City on their way to Texas.

There were wonderful glass blown exhibits on display.  Here are a few:

This is a closeup of:

an enormous tree of blown glass tubes over two stories tall.

Here are beautiful colorful blown glass bowls:

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »

PRISSY,  how interesting my gosh that tree is huge, the bowls are gorgeous.  You always bring us the most interesting things to see, beautiful wedding locations, beautiful food pictures, travel pictures, love all you do for us!!!! 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

It's been terribly long since I've posted. Paranoid Don't Know Just haven't had too much to post, I s'pose. Don't Know

But anyhoo, I made a montage of my art for the past year (past year and a half, really Laughing) and if you'd like to see, here's a link for ya':

A Corking Good Show

Hope you like, dahlings. Huggles

Carla

P.S. For those who didn't see, here's my first art montage I made back in 2006:

All This Hullabaloo

Huggles

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #137 on: December 27, 2008, 09:48:05 AM »

HI

MY NEW SITE IS UP AND RUNNING, YOU CAN FIND IT AT;

www.jeannenormanchase.com

Enjoy

Luv to all our talented Claymaniacs!!!!

Jan aka Jeanne

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2008, 07:27:18 PM »

Jan,

I just visited your site and really enjoyed it.  I always love seeing the sun hat pictures.  I am impressed that you work with all kinds of different media, too.

Hug
Prissy

Carla,
Always love seeing your work, too!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx