gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 289
Total: 289

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ARTS AND CRAFTS, TALENTED CLAYMANIACS  (Read 40825 times)
Jan
UltimateFan

« on: October 31, 2007, 08:24:53 AM »

There are so many talented Claylmaniacs here that I thought it would be a good time to start this topic.
Instead of posting your pictures of; paintings, prints, jewelry, sculpture, ceramics, anything creative, on a "topic" thread, why not post it here and then post a short; GO TO the ARTS and CRAFTS thread to see my latest............in your general topic thread.
So; CARLA, ANGELA, MARILYN, JOEMAMMA, MICHAEL (who does jewelry and sculpture) let us see your latest endeavors!!!!

SOOO , I will start with one of my oil paintings which I have already posted, but some may have missed.

Title; Summer Breeze, oil painting

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
captivatedbyclay
Claynewbie

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »

I think this thread will be most enjoyable. I have zero art talent and love to see other peoples talent. This oil painting is beautiful. Jackie
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 08:59:28 AM »

There are so many talented Claylmaniacs here that I thought it would be a good time to start this topic.
Instead of posting your pictures of; paintings, prints, jewelry, sculpture, ceramics, anything creative, on a "topic" thread, why not post it here and then post a short; GO TO the ARTS and CRAFTS thread to see my latest............in your general topic thread.
So; CARLA, ANGELA, MARILYN, JOEMAMMA, MICHAEL (who does jewelry and sculpture) let us see your latest endeavors!!!!

SOOO , I will start with one of my oil paintings which I have already posted, but some may have missed.

Title; Summer Breeze, oil painting

Jan...
I positively LOVE this painting! Stunning work as always! Clapping
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:26:01 AM »

Just wanted to keep this thread alive
SO

This is not a Claymaniac, but it is the closest thing to it as it is a drawing by my son, Glenn

It is called "Wonder Wharf"
I did post it before somewhere.

Still waiting for Carla, Joemamma, Angela and Sasha and some others to give this thread more interest!!!!!!

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »

I always adore your paintings, Jan. I love Summer Breeze. It's absolutely stunning. Clapping

I think you've posted your son's drawing in the Artists Studio in the Fun Stuff lounge, if memory serves me correctly. It's a grand drawing, I must say.

I haven't scanned anything for a while (haven't had anything done to scan Except a few comic pages I'm working on on the computer), but here's a couple of my works I like Smile :

*clickable!*

Title: Moonlit Halloween
Medium: pencil, pen, prismacolor pencil (for her cheeks), & prismacolor markers

Title: Come Fly With Me
Medium: pencil, pen, prismacolor pencil (for her cheeks), & prismacolor markers

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
claydevotee
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 06:46:52 PM »

Great thread, JAN!  Although I'm a total klutz when it comes to arts and/or crafts, I do appreciate studying and admiring the works of others.  I am privileged to have 3 of your works displayed in my home....one of Clay, an angel, and one of your Blue Notes series prints. Not Worthy  I will try to take photos of them and post them here as soon as I am able.

Looking forward to seeing the talents of the Claymanaics on display!
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 08:32:05 PM »

THEA

You are very special and thanks for the nice words dear sistah!!!!!!

You ARE an artist. Just cannot SEE it. Too bad we cannot tune in to your piano concertos, etc. I still remember the time you played your beautiful piano for me. I will always remember. You are such a talented person.

Luv
Jan/Jeanne

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 08:34:22 PM »

CARLA

What adorable drawings!!!!!
Just love them.

And the drawings you did for the cookbook will really show off your talent.
Wish everyone bought a cookbook just so they could see the clever art work of yours.

luv
Jan

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:26:57 PM »

i JUST CHEATED AND WROTE THIS SO THIS THREAD WILL NOT DISAPPEAR.

WAITING FOR SOME MORE TALENTED CLAYMANIACS AND I KNOW THERE ARE MORE OUT THERE, BUT IF YOU ARE SHY THEN CARLA AND I WILL FILL UP THIS SPACE.

JAN

Clays Cashew
SuperFan

♥ Clay's Spiffy Gal ♥

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 02:02:43 PM »

Indeed Jan. We'll certainly fill it up if no one else posts. Though it'd be grand fun if more people did post as well. bigsmile

And I'm so glad you like the cartoons.

I still haven't scanned anything new, so again, something old. bigsmile

*clickable!*

I just thought I'd show some concept sketches, just because. And because the bigger works need some tuning before you actually start. These two are the main characters of the comic I've been talking about.

The first four are more kind of wild, since I just wanted to get my ideas down when I first thought of it (I got the idea from a drawing I had done last year of a witch kissing the cheek of a pumpkin ).
The last two are more organized, for the pumpkin man just sketching out different kinds of pumpkins for his head (the round one won out Laughing). And just a more nicer sketch of the witch's outfit. bigsmile The outfit's the tiniest bit different in the comic pages (skirt's a little shorter, no stockings, shoes are a tiny bit different).

Medium: Just a regular ball point pen Smile

Anyhoo, I've babbled on long enough. Laughing

love and hugs Huggles

Carla

The only kind of nut Clay's not allergic to
I'm so weak to his fedora wearing ways!
Quote of however long: ♥♪"How could you wait another minute? A hug is warmer when you're in it." ♪♥ ~DSIAFCD
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 04:13:45 PM »

Jan and Carla, great job… Clapping Clapping Clapping I love seeing both of your work. I cannot draw even if my life depends on it but I’d like to share a needlepoint I made a little while back. My husband loves Japanese décor; we have a few of them around the house. Clickable...

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2007, 06:14:47 AM »

Carla.... wow

You are talented as all heck! HOW do ya just draw those outta the clear blue!?
Man...I WISH I had the creativity to do that. I'd have everything outta whack if I tried that...
and I have tried that... lmao

lolita...FABULOUS needlepoint!  Clapping  Clapping  Clapping It's beautiful!

Jan...
Can you post the painting your son did with the white piano in the surf?
That one is gorgeous!

CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2007, 11:06:49 AM »

Fantastic work girls!!!  Jan, you and your saw must have so much to talk about with all of your art work.  That is special.

Lolita, the Japanese needle work is fabulous.  OMG, that took you alot of time!  I used to do embroidery years ago.  Was that embroidery, cross stitch????  Gorgeous.

Carla, your work is so unique.  I loved the art in the cookbook you created.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 11:07:21 AM »

Holy crow Lolita! That's a needlepoint?!?! wow

Not Worthy

It is beautiful!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
clayniac4ver
Claymaniac

clayed on 5/27/08 on g105 yesterday

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 11:10:14 AM »

i have done drawings of clay in my spare time

alyse

"faith has concered my fear since i got the album"

got clayed on the 13th of january on g105
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 03:12:10 PM »

Lolita,
            You have been hiding your light under a bushel!    The needlepointe is just beautiful.

Love,    Betty
franniek54
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »

I don't know where to post this, so I'll post it here and you guys can move it where ever you think it should go.

These ladies are not claymaniacs but they are very talented crafts persons.  I found this on CH posted by geekette.

It's Christmas time! :: throws confetti ::

A bunch of us fiber nuts, um, fibre artists, have knit and crocheted some pretties for sale to benefit TBAF. We even jumped through the hoops to get on the approved list (scroll down, way down). Aron, who's in charge of approving this sort of thing, didn't, and I mean really didn't want us to use ebay, so we've set up a little shop on Etsy, where I'm adding stuff as quickly as I can. We only have about a third of our items listed so far, so check back again later this week for some more items. The prices start pretty inexpensive, but we'll up our average when NeptuneNancy's baby alpaca lace shawl comes off the blocking pins!

Crocheted snowflakes, felted stuff, scarves, baby stuff, women's sweaters - please come visit!

Here's the link:

Fiber Arts to benefit TBAF
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 06:09:14 AM »

JEANNE, Your son is a fabulous artist.  Like Kim I also love the painting he did with the piano in the surf!!

CARLA, always enjoy your drawings.  You have such imagination and you are a unique talent.

LOLITA, the needlepoint you did is utterly fantastic.  May I ask just how long did it take you to do that????

THEA, my dear you certainly are an artist!!!  The only problem is we can't see what you do, sure wish there was a way we could hear your artistry on this thread.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
*joemomma
UltimateFan

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2007, 07:56:37 AM »

Ok...I got somethin Jan!

This is a friend of mine Susan's caricature Clay painting...
I think he's adorable!

I MAKE her draw Clay alot! Laughing She usually draws classic Hollywood stars.  There's even glitter on his shirt!

And my latest...
clickable

bigsmile
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 11:41:48 AM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping I love this thread - mainly because there is not an "Art" bone in my body - I do a few crafts - that is all! I love seeing all of your beautiful paintings and other art work.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx