gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:50:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 406
Total: 406

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cary, Asheville & Knoxville: A weekend to remember!  (Read 8236 times)
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 10:13:42 AM »

OK SO WHAT WASI DOING CRYING PROBABLY I WAS JUST A BASKETCASE I AM SORRY. BUT I REALLY HAD A GREAT TIME INEED TO APOLIZE FOR THAT ONE Laughing Laughing

NEVER APOLOGIZE!! YOU WERE LOTS OF FUN AND I LOVED SPENDING TIME WITH YOU- MY COPILOT-THROUGH THE DRAMA OF THE AFTERMATH OF KNOXVILLE.
GUESS I SHOULD WRITE ABOUT THAT, NEXT-HUH?

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 10:27:58 AM »

The aftermath of Knoxville

Clay was gone, his DNA on our hands to be preserved forever- or at least until we used the facilities next.
So we got into our rented vehicle-turned on the GPS- and it went black. Tried again-as soon as I hit the “I agree” button it went black.
So, I figured perhaps the signal was lost and I should drive around a little. We did some maneuvering- those danged one way streets. I was going up a hill on a one way- there were a couple of those fat orange and white cones blocking half of it, with a panel truck on the right hand side. I figure WTH I would drive around. As I approached, I saw right in the front of the panel truck was CLAY’S BUS!!!! Oooops. Guess I wasn’t supposed to be there. So I had to BACK DOWN the hill, turn around, make my way out of the city of Knoxville. We saw a highway and took it. Didn’t look familiar. So we drove for a while and off to the right was a sort of rest area with a gas station, hooters, etc. We climbed out and went into the gas station convenience store, got drinks, paid cash- and asked the kid for directions. Turns out he lived not too far from our hotel, so he gave us directions.
Went back to the car- and I forgot why but I was rooting around in my purse. Meesa says “We have to leave NOW” I looked to our left, and there were a couple of guys in a yellow car- blocked by a police car. There was one policeman in the vehicle, and the other was standing just behind the passenger door with her hand on her gun!! Whoa baby! I was just starting up the car and the cashier from the gas station came to my door and asked what my name was-I told her- and she handed me my debit card which had fallen out of my purse onto the counter. HOLY CR** as Clay would say.
Well, I grabbed that sucker and hightailed us out of that area asap. Got to the hotel with no incident.  Thank the lord I had the foresight to print out the directions from our hotel to Nashville Airport- which is where we left from.
Uneventful trip to the airport. Had to turn in the car at noon or be charged for another day. Our flights ranged from 3:25 to 4:25, so we ate a nice lunch at O’Charleys. We were moseying through the airport after lunch, and Debbie said- Hey, that’s a guy from the restaurant and he has a Japanese Clay fan!! Turns out Meesa left it propped up against the wall in the restaurant- along with an envelope with her boarding pass!! YIKES!
Then one of our party scoots into the restroom. I hear a woman outside saying “mens room, mens room!” Turns out our friend had gone into the occupied mens room which was on the same side as the womens room we had gone to earlier!
A little red faced, she scooted into the ladies room and stayed a while until sure that the man she had surprised had left!! At least this time it wasn’t me, because I have done that too.
The trip home seemed endless, especially on the plane because the mom behind me took her kid’s electronic game off him per stewardess instructions, and he complained loudly for at least 45 minutes. I think he was less than four years old.

But what a blast I had those three days!! Ended up with a wicked sore throat for my Florida trip- but I would do it again in a flash!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 11:35:44 AM »

NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH MARILYN BEHIND THE WHEEL. lmao lmao lmao I THINK I REGAINED MY COMPOSURE BY THE TIME WE GOT BACK TO THE HOTEL. WHAT CHOICE DID I HAVE Laughing Laughing WOULD I DO IT AGAIN, YEP IN A HEARTBEAT.

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Pamelas mom
Claynewbie

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 12:10:14 PM »

Hey Glory... You weren't crying. You were just overwhelmed with the anticipation of a 'touch of Clay'. The rest of us? Well, we were feeling the mirth, I suppose. Or maybe 'cause Meesa came right out of those shoes.  Laughing

Thanks for sharing, Marilyn, Heather and Pamela. I've read you several times.   bigsmile
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 12:22:54 PM »

Heather, Pamela, Marilyn, and Pamela's Mom,

Your recaps have been fantastic.  I did not get to the NC Concerts, but I did go to Knoxville with my hubby, Skip, JoAnn and her mom, Jennie.  We had a wonderful time at the preparty planned by Meesa and Marilyn.  I got to see again Woody, Meesa, Marilyn, Frankie and Lewis, Clandy/Angela, Heather, NC Sandhills Deb, Pamela, Sarah, and Glory.  And I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time the delightful Wisconsin Barb, Grammof6, and Invisibletouch/Molly and Pamela's wonderful mom, too.

The Tennessee Theater is a beautiful venue and  the sound system so much better than Houston's. I was able to spot where most of the Claymaniacs were sitting.  Heather, NCSandhills Deb, Pamela's mom and Pamela were on the row in front of me, and it was exciting when Clay came and danced in the aisle in front of them.  I could see him, too.  The lady next to Heather turned around and looked at me and indicated she could hardly keep her hands off him!!  Her fingers were ready to grab his tush!  Laughing

Clay was just perfection and the concert had really evolved since his first ones in Frisco and Houston.  This was definitely my favorite of the three.  Of course, Frisco is where I had my M&G, so it has a sentimental attachment for me. bigsmile

Here are some pictures from the Knoxville Preparty and the Tennessee Theater.

(Clickable)

Hugs,
Prissy
 claymaniacs rocks

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 06:19:42 PM »

Great recaps! I love reading the recaps because it is ....

the next best thing to being therebigsmile

I wish I could have been there with all the gang! Hug

Oh me too me too Deanna.  Next summer we'll have to bring you down to NC on a hijacked Amtrak non stop.... choo choo!   

Great recap and pics from Knoxville Ms Prissy!

Hey Mom.... I'm glad your first "real" concert was in TENNESSEE.    Huggles
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 07:51:31 AM »

Post Deleted!  wave

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx