gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert 8/16/07 :: Clay Lights Our Fires in Fort Myers  (Read 21804 times)
ILClaymate
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »

Clay will be performing tonight at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall at Edison College in Fort Myers, FL.

Venue Capacity:  1871

Forecast for Ft. Myers
Today:  Times of clouds and sun, hot and humid with a thunderstorm in one or two spots, High of 92
Tonight:  A thunderstorm in spots this evening; otherwise, clear to partly cloudy and humid, Low of 74

Ft. Myers Claymaniacs
Marilyn
Heater's parents
(anyone else??)

Start Times
7:30pm EST
6:30pm CST
5:30pm MST
4:30pm PST

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 04:27:05 PM »

Thanks for the thread Clandy!  If the clack don't kill us, the photos will.    Thud!

Conference call details are in Member's -

A big to Marilyn for the use of her phone tonight!  I'm afraid she's feeling a little under the weather, but she's still there for us.  Thanks Marilyn - love ya!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 04:27:35 PM »

wave I'll be in and out of here as we're having my aunt's birthday party tonight.

Scarlett is on the front row.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 04:29:09 PM »

Scarlett is on the front row.
How does she always do that?

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 04:33:25 PM »

I don't know.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Pamelas mom
Claynewbie

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »

PLAYING NAME THAT THREAD!!!!!!!!

Clay lights our fires in Fort Myers

Mom P
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »

Hi Pamelas momwave  Huggles

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 04:38:07 PM »

Hey all!

I've already talked to my mom and she was worried about taking her camera in because there was a no cameras sign.  I asked if she was already in the venue and she said yes.  I laughed and said if you are already in and you don't use the flash, you should be good!  My mom sounds just like me when it comes to taking in her camera!   ROFLMAO

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 04:38:38 PM »

How are we supposed to compete with Mom P?? I mean, she's the Boss Lady's Boss Lady! Wink

Hi, Mom! Huggles

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 04:40:39 PM »

Mom wins.   

And, no one else made a suggestion anyway.    Hey Mom!

Scarlet on the front row? Brokers, I'm sure.  Or luck.  No.... gotta be brokers! Laughing

Heather, your photos are marvelicious!  Is your Mom taking pics tonight too?

Happy Birthday to Meesa's aunt! confetti2
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 04:40:42 PM »

Heather &/or Pamela - Can you bring the info over? I'm going to have to leave soon. I can help out with the last 3 concerts.

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 04:42:43 PM »

wave

I'm sure glad that people with cameras DO get through the doors!   bigsmile   HEATHER - the picture you just posted sure proves my point! Clapping

Hi Pamela's Mom!  Smile

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 04:43:27 PM »

wave   Hi Everybody

I feel like I have been on a deserted island all day.  I'm absolutely going to hate the next week.  The bad part is on my new job, I don't think there is any furniture, computers, etc.  These people are going to have to get their priorities straight.   Laughing       Laughing

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:43:31 PM »

Heather &/or Pamela - Can you bring the info over? I'm going to have to leave soon. I can help out with the last 3 concerts.

I've got it Meesa.  I'm just now logging in to the CH stream, and calling the conference link.  Multitasking on a slow computer sucks.

I'm just sayin.

Go party!
heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 04:45:34 PM »

Heather, your photos are marvelicious!  Is your Mom taking pics tonight too?

Yes, she is.  They are on the front row of the balcony, so she should do pretty good.  She has the same camera that I do.   bigsmile

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »

Heather - Great pictures as usual.  One of these days I'm gonna get a real camera.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »

Eeep...he's already singing Everything I Have....

I Want to Know What Love Is featuring the vocal gymnastics of Clay and Angela....

They must have confused him again at the beginning with who was going to sing cause there was lots of laughing....imagine that!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »

delu from the CH meet and greet tale from Knoxville.

My meet and greet............. The Scroll bar is ...... yada yada......

What can I say? My brain is still fogged over. But if You ever want to be a fame whore, just have a meet and greet. Everybody wants to rub your hand and hear all the details. Never have I been so popular.

The invitation suggests you call the venue for the appropriate place to be and time to be there. Ha! Box office lady says the office does not open til 6 PM.We kept telling her we were supposed to be there by 5:45 for Jerome to collect us. No go, so we called Jerome and asked whats up? His reply was" Pay no attention to the e-mail you get from OFC. We're not that fast!

We left Our Hotel and wandered over to the theatre at about 5 Pm Where we were still told to wait.And wait we did, In the heat across the street with some others, who had been chatting with Angela and Quiana. We would have had a good time chatting with the other Clay fans sitting on the steps to a bldg.... IF... The temperature had just been maybe 20-30 degrees lower. Dang it was hot, and I was dragging My walker, which I never use any more unless I think I'll have lots of walking to do and need the support. Unfortunately I forgot My walker and had to use my Sister's which has a wonky wheel. Noisy screeching thing, It almost drove me nuts.

Finally we were allowed to have our pretty M&G name tags, And Jerome came to collect us.We had one woman in a wheel chair and Me with my walker so Jerome took us by Elevator and the others had to climb the stairs. Hee! Sometimes being old pays off. Finally after traversing one hallway after another, we went into a room with a sofa and two chairs. I took one of the chairs, and Jerome pushed the Wheelchair Lady up next to the other. Three others sat on the sofa and one pulled up a side chair. We were all set and waiting for the master.*G*

Soon Jerome came back with this slim young man who couldn't have been more than 18-20.with rumpled brown hair, wearing a pea soup green polo with olive drab cargo shorts.Hmmm, This was who we had been waiting for? Well he wasn't intimidating at all. Just a nice Young Kid who had very pale luminous skin.
He asked us all our names and where we were from. The lady from St Louis had driven the fartherist (? is that a word?) I think.Then he asked if we had any questions.For some reason I don't remember any specific question except the ones I asked. Oh, yeah, someone asked if He ever babysat Chamberlain for Quiana. He said He doesn't talk about Chamberlain because He is too young to have any say in all this interest etc. Which I thought was sweet of him. He did mention that he had babysat Jaime's son. I can't remember his name, but Jaime verified that indeed he had and he was good. He let it slip that Jaime was around when he was supposedly baby sitting.

Clay said He thought he was getting an ear infection, He was getting that stuffed head feeling like he had the time He was about 4-5 when he was sick for quite a while without getting better... Now I didn't understand if Faye actually took him to the Dr. or not but when he blew his nose that bean he had put up there came out. So of course I had to tell him about the time I put a bean up My little Brothers nose. Hee! Do all kids do this at least once??

My questions were, Who is choosing the music for this skating show? Him or the producers. He said both. He sent the producers a Cd of songs and the Skaters will choose which one they want to use for their routine. Also I asked about Jimmy Kimmel and if they had seen any of the Klimmel skits. He said he hasn't but he'd bet Jimmy has.
I also asked (for my local group) If Raleigh and Durham still had their Fleece blankets we gave them. He said He didn't remember them, and possible they might not have made it to them.
About this time He looked at Jaime or Mary who were both sitting at a nearby table.. She ( and I have no idea at this point which She it was)came to each of us to get whatever we wanted to be signed. I took my copy of LTS. The Wheel chair lady brought a huge picture by Linda Huber. Clay said something that I have long wondered. He said the sketch was too perfect to be hand drawn.He thought it was made using some computer software maybe. And His opinion was that IF she actually did that by hand she was wasting her time on doing sketches like that. She should be making tons of money.

Clay came around the group of us and shook our hand then went to each person on the couch, they stood up and He Leaned in real quick and Mary did the Click click thing. Being short and knowing he was going to lean his head almost on top of mine I warned him not to displace My wig.. He said we won't and sort of giggled. I have no idea if he believed me or not!

Yeah, He was Gawgeous!!!!!!!!! And I want to do this again...

Oh yes, as we were finishing up the woman from Ashville who fell the night before, was ushered in. She missed the meet and greet in Ashville, so they had let her have it in Knoxville instead. She got her cast signed.

Now if I try to proof this I'll wind up pitching it into the waste basket so I'm dun....

Angela was hitting some notes that aren't human!  Clay:  "Good-Ness!"  HEE!

Someone has already screamed "I love you Clay!"

Introducing Angela and Quiana...telling Q she looks nice..."Quiana is a shopaholic!"
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 04:53:10 PM »

Posting a few pics then I better run.

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 04:57:07 PM »

Oh have mercy.  Great pics.... I love that black shirt.  I want it. 

I wish I could hear what he is saying - everyone is cracking up!!!!!!!!  Clay just said "good lord!"

Dang!  Now I'm really curious... OH! He's talking to Scarlett and Solo from the CH... on the front row getting clack. 

I can only imagine...

I think he took their camera and videoed them...hee!  ""You got any more in there? You've got a whole radio shack in there!"

When I See You Smile....he sounds really good.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx