gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:57:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 420
Total: 420

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert 7/28/07 :: Party time in the old New Jersey PAC tonight - Newark, NJ  (Read 37225 times)
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2007, 07:49:42 AM »

Marilyn Clapping Clapping beautifully written, great review my friend, you just have the passion lady!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2007, 08:11:38 AM »

Marilyn did a wonderful recap!  Last night was possibly the best concert to date!  He was sooooo on last night, and sooooo hot!  And to think I wasn't going to go to this show.  First, the venue was incredible!  The most beautiful place he's ever performed.  All wood.....walls, floor, everything, so you can only imagine the accoustics!  Simply amazing!  I sure hope he plays there for Christmas!  And, I never experienced a more accomodating staff.....especially for the disabled.  They had wheelchairs ready and waiting for anyone who needed assistance getting to their seat.  I didn't require that, but when the usher saw me walking to my seat with a cane, he walked beside me the whole way and kept asking if there was anything he could do to help me.  I believe he would have carried me to my seat had I asked!  And when the show was over, he was right there again asking if I needed any help!  The venue was very laxed with their camera policy (except for flash photography), so there should be lots of clack.  My seats were great.......dead center, 9th row, and only about 20 feet from Clay!  I didn't even need binoculars.  I still can't believe I pulled these seats.  As I said earlier, I wasn't going to this show.  About two days after the tickets went on sale, I was playing around on the computer at work (boss must have been out that day), and these seats popped up.  When Clay came down the isle for TWYMMF, he was only about 8 feet from me looking like his hot self!  Never looked better IMO!  But what made this extra special for me was that I got to do something I thought I'd never be able to do......the busses!  Lady Luck was on my side last night.  My cousin and I said goodbye to Gwenn, Marion, and Christie after the show.....they were headed to the busses.  I, of course, wasn't going to the busses, because I couldn't  possibly stand for an hour waiting.....not even for Clay.   I had pretty much surrendered myself to the fact that I was never going to get a handshake from this amazing man.  And, I was ok with that.  After all, who am I to complain?   So many in the fandom will never get to see him live, and I've been sooooo lucky.  I've been every tour.   I'm not going to curl up and die because Clay Aiken will never touch my hand, right?  Well, like I said, we said our goodbyes, and headed out.  Bet (my cousin) and I sat on the benches outside the venue for awhile.  It was really beautiful there......I forgot I was in downtown Newark.  Then we headed to our car.  Well, I got the shock of my life to see the bus line in the parking lot, right behind our car!  And there was Marion, Gwenn, and Christie!  So, what I did was sit in the car until Jerome lined us up single file.  Then when Clay started walking the line I was able to touch him!  I got my touch!!!!!!  It was so quick, and I tried to stay focused on his face, but the rest of him was looking so good, too.....it was difficult!  BUT I DID IT! 

For anyone who hasn't seen this show, do whatever you can to get a ticket.....anywhere!  I was not at all thrilled with the concept of this tour, even after watching the clack of the first few shows.  BUT, MY GOD WHAT THE MAN CAN DO WITH LEMONS!  He just keeps getting better and better!  Now, dare I say it's my favorite tour to date?  YES!

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2007, 08:19:29 AM »

Ahhh Micki, you just gave me goosebumps lady Huggles I'm so happy you had this night, it was meant to be!!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2007, 11:46:31 AM »

It was such a privilege to experience the Clay phenomenon. This man takes everything and turns it into a fun thing when necessary- and then---.transforms into this passionate, soulful being sending the musical message our way. Its such a wonder, it really is. What joy he has brought to me for the past few years…..and I hope I have the privilege of watching him grow even more as the future progresses

And thanks to you all for sharing with me.

Marilyn, what a beautiful sentiment.  Thank you as well. *sniff*

It was really beautiful there......I forgot I was in downtown Newark.

Quote from: smitten fangirl micki
And there was Marion, Gwenn, and Christie!  So, what I did was sit in the car until Jerome lined us up single file.  Then when Clay started walking the line I was able to touch him!  I got my touch!!!!!!  It was so quick, and I tried to stay focused on his face, but the rest of him was looking so good, too.....it was difficult!  BUT I DID IT! 

Micki, I'm so happy for you..... great seats..... beautiful venue..... friends all around...... and a bus touch from Clay.  It was karma lady!  confetti2

Less than two weeks to the big NC/TN 3fer - I can't wait!  I need Clay.
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »

I CANNOT POSSIBLY TOP MARILYN AND MICKI.  IT WAS A WONDERFUL NIGHT.  MARION, CHRISTIE, AND I WERE UP TO ALMOST 3 TALKING ABOUT THE CONCERT AND WINE.  SO WONDERFUL.  FABULOUS COMPANY.  GREAT VENUE.  HOT CLAY.  2ND ROW SEATS.  JUST INCREDIBLE.  THE SHOW KEEPS GETTING BETTER. 

AND BEING CLAYED WITH GOOD FRIENDS MAKES IT EVEN MORE FULFILLING.

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY THAT MICKI GOT HER TOUCH.  JILL IS NEXT.

HE IS AN AMAZING MAN.  SUCH A TALENT.  WE ARE VERY LUCKY TO HAVE HIM IN OUR LIVES.

AND EACH OTHER.   Huggles Huggles Huggles

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2007, 12:16:58 PM »

Marilyn and Micki said it all so well that I'm not quite sure of what I could add.. Here goes...

Think of a perfect universe where all the planets align for a miraculous moment.....

That was how last night felt. From the minute we walked into the venue, we knew it would be special. I am so proud of NJ to have such a magnificent venue in our backyard. The cherry wood, the Sloping WOODEN  floors, the plush seating , the tiers and tiers of simple and SmARTly designed  balconies were magnificent. I believe the materials only  added to the acoustic perfection. It was like sitting INSIDE the body of a STRADIVARIUS!!..

AND HE LOVED IT..

Point proven is when that lady called out and everyone got quiet.  Clay said, "WHAT?" She answered in street volume...."I LOVE YOU!!"  We all heard it loud and clear and distinctly.. We were all amazed that we did,  and all quiet laughter broke out..He was SUPRISED!!!!...

He croseed his hands across his chest and said.. "THANK YOU"..It was as if the several hundred feet that separated them in this cavernous place were  mere personal space!!!  GORGEOUS...AMAZING..

He was so dead  ON  with his sound aND  his wit.. that everything fed from that.. He was  HAPPY and was SO having FUN....That was OBVIOUS and delightful to watch..

What a nice crowd..  YOUNGER FANS.. Nicely dressed... COUPLES...MEN...An almost filled venue...   Things that are unfortunately sometimes rare at CLAY concerts!!! soapbox I think he noticed!!! I think he loved it..

AND THE LOVE CAME BACK.. AND BACK..

I had the best seats I ever did at any concert to date.. 2nd row in the pit..off the aisle.. (Gwenn had the aisle, of course)

His presence was so overwhelming  and VISCERAL..that it was almost surreal to me.. Seeing him perform so closely is like being on SENSORY OVERLOAD..

AND....THE BUSSES.. What can one say???

Why he does it, how he does it, I can't get over...BUT.. AMAZING how a word or two from JEROME and this multitude  forms a HUGE SERPENTINE LINE and waits  patiently, respectfully  as CLAY walks past each and every one of us, with a "THANK YOU FOR COMING" and a forever treasured fingertip brush.. And this happened....

ALL IN THE PARKING LOT WHERE MY CAR WAS...(20 feet away!!!)

PERFECT.. Yes.. The planets  most definitely aligned in NEWARK NJ last night..

SO WHEN is the NEXT CONCERT????

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
ILClaymate
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2007, 12:25:41 PM »

Less than two weeks to the big NC/TN 3fer - I can't wait!  I need Clay.

Micki, Gwenn, Marilyn, Marion ~ I'm so glad you all had a fabulous time and a wonderful ending to the night as well!!  I've truly enjoyed reading all your recaps.  Thanks so much for helping us feel as if we were there too!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2007, 01:35:23 PM »

Thanks to my fellow Claymaniacs for sharing your detailed, enthusiastic recaps with us here.  Reading them seems to expand each concert experience ten-fold...ala 'savor the flavor' vibe...and build the anticipation to a feverish pitch...ah, can you tell...my four concerts are about to begin...and Clay's going back to the All Is Well hair I think (my fav...with the talking to Tyra hair a close second)...ooo la la... Thud!

WilsonClaymate, Mimi and Thea...PMs are coming your way later today :-)

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
IChris1
SuperFan

« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2007, 03:09:35 PM »

wave

I only have time to download one of my pics from last night so here goes

Now my heart is dancing through each day, my soul is running free, look what love has done to me.
Proud member of the East Coast Posse
Clay's English Princess
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2007, 09:03:11 AM »

You chose well Irene.  That is gorgeous! 

Thud!
lovinclay
Enthusiastic

Clay Aiken...Character and Integrity Personified!

« Reply #190 on: July 30, 2007, 09:08:45 AM »

Great picture, Irene!    wow

MICKI  

Supporting Clay, unconditionally, no matter what!

"People who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to" - Jerry Seinfield
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx