gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:21:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 462
Total: 462

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cellcert 7/28/07 :: Party time in the old New Jersey PAC tonight - Newark, NJ  (Read 37228 times)
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »

From CH :

Audience yeller: "I love you!"
Clay: (quietly) "Thank you."
Audience yeller: "I SAID I LOVE YOU!"
Clay: "I SAID THANK YOU!"

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2007, 07:50:03 PM »

Thanks Meesa & Pamela ...had a great time ..will be here for the next one..Is that Aug 2 ???

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2007, 07:51:36 PM »

Next concert is in CA on 8/2/07 (Thursday) :
7:30 pacific
8:30 mountain
9:30 central
10:30 eastern

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2007, 07:55:23 PM »

Newark to San Diego. Yeesh, that's a long ride! Paranoid

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2007, 07:57:48 PM »

So Clay has 5 days off..wonder what adventure he will get involved this time...He better stick close to the BUS !!!! He could start working on that new album any old time.

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »

he said at one point,"I tried to be cool for four years, and then I said 'ah, screw it.' "

Also, after the Classics he said, "That's what you have to do to be cool. So next album? All vulgarity."

Hee!

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2007, 08:08:44 PM »

From Clackhouse:

Scarlett was in the first row and security never bothered her. Clay got off the stage and camped out right in front of her...he knows she is a clack goddess and he stayed right there!!!!

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2007, 08:24:29 PM »

ANY REPORTS FROM THE BUS LINE YET?
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2007, 08:28:06 PM »

ANY REPORTS FROM THE BUS LINE YET?

They're lined up but still waiting.

Jamie just walked out. She said hello to the CV cellstream.

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2007, 08:45:44 PM »

khaki shorts
flip flops and long sleeved white shirt

he's carrying his laptop

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #170 on: July 28, 2007, 08:50:47 PM »

I heard him! He said, "Hey guys... thank you!"

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #171 on: July 28, 2007, 08:59:48 PM »

Jesse just said hi to us!  

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #172 on: July 28, 2007, 09:03:07 PM »

Quiana just said that Chamberlin has an ear infection. Her parents are watching him while she's on tour.

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
ILClaymate
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2007, 10:05:41 PM »

Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #174 on: July 29, 2007, 01:21:23 AM »

Newark Hit and Run!! Folks in a fog after the Clay train runs them over!

Clays vocals were amazing tonight- the acoustics were fantastic and you could hear every nuance, every note, every low pitched vocal and high fantastic rolls- argh he is wonderful

I love love love the banter-asking Quiana where she had shopped and if it was legal, something about shopping on Canal street

At one point he said he saw some of those little carts pulled by men. He said he had always called them tuck-tucks. Quiana said they are rickshaws and didnt he know what tucks were used for? Clay was clueless until she told him hemmorhoids- then he said he wouldnt know about that. And she replied- that he would if he ever had a baby!!! She is getting funnier as the tour progresses.

After the tv medley, (or before- cant remember) Clay was showing us how he "or someone" held up the rabbit ears- and he stuck out a leg and an arm- something about the reception- everyone was laughing so hard I couldnt understand.

I think the problem with people leaving is that he announces BEFORE Quiana sings that they will take a break.
Tonight, he just introduced her and went over and sat by Angela. Quiana asked him why and he said because I want to hear you- or something. I did NOT see people getting up out of their seats during this. THEN he announced the break

I LOOOOVE CLay singing Right Here Waiting- those glory notes go on forever..take a chaaaaaaaaance. Fabulous!!
ON TWYMMF- he waited a while to come down into the audience- there were no stairs and the stage was pretty high-I think 5 feet or more. He got down but his momentum made him fall to his knees. Somewhere he mentioned that it had worked in rehearsa (but I assume he wasnt wearing kickass shoes and only sandals, which dont slip as much)
After the fall he jumped up and said he meant to do it!. Still singing TWYMMF- he came closer and closer to me- I was 2nd in from the aisle- and he stopped just at the next row to mine- put the mic in someones face that didnt know the words- I was aching to say "Pick me!!!" Then he turned around and put the mike in front of Jerome- who grinned but refused to sing.
Getting back on the stage was truly funny- he held his hand up for poor Angela to pull him up, and he seemed to get stuck- all I could picture was he looked like the proverbial "Fly on the wall" all sprawled out across the FRONT of the stage. Finally Jerome went to assist. Dont know exactly how they did it but suddenly he was up on the stage- lying almost like the couch picture in "People" only in the opposite direction.

Clay being "cool" oh you sure were, honey- he did all the moves- improving a little more-I would LOVE to hear him sing “"exy Back" without flourishes- in the regular way- it would kill!! And when he says “feel this way” he hits those low notes and a shiver goes up the spine.
And when the "Classics" were over, he stood there like he had had a revelation- with his eyes up to the rafters, he seemed to be taking it all in.
"So this is what its like"reverently-"Now-.I am cool. And all I had to do was sing about butts, etc etc" That's where he promised complete vulgarity on the next album-because he is now cool. The look was absolutely priceless!!
He did say "screw it" sort of quietly into the mic a couple of times- Quiana just looks at him with her mouth open like" I don't believe you said that"
And when he was segueing into Angela's song he did say the some good songs on the radio if you pay for them bit. He also said after- I shouldn't have said that. He said that someone from the label was in the audience --but I am a little mixed up as to the sequence.
At one point he also mentioned the letter. He was talking about wearing black because he was fat- mentioned that the fans made sacrifices (and said I know you do and I thank you) and that he should sacrifice macaroni and cheese and Krispy Kremes. He said he went out that night and ate twice as much as usual. He mentioned that he ate more either when he was upset or something similar.
There were a few people yelling from the audience and he said "this aint Geraldo Rivera" but it turned out the people were Jesse's family.
Other people did try to get attention by yelling. One lady many rows behind me yelled something- when he said "what" it got very quiet and she said"I love you". He sort of folded his arms and in even more of an accent said "Thank yew"

I am sure I am missing some banter but I will probably remember later.
My sister and I started waiting in the bus line- but we had been told the parking garage would lock us out at midnight, so we left the line at 11:15. I think if we had waited, it seemed he came out about 11:45- then we would not have made it

And there were some crazy folks on the road tonight, people- we almost got creamed several times with people cutting in front of us.
If you see an APB on an SUV that went through the toll booth in the wrong EZPass express lane- it wasn't us, folks! No siree bob- would we do something like that? Purely accidentally? The sign said "don't back up" so we didn't.

Traffic at the Throgs Neck bridge was absurd- took us 45 minutes to go about a mile through the toll. Yes- we paid.
We were alongside someone towing this thing that looked like a coffin for a killer whale- it had a fin at the end. So I wanted to pull up next to the cute driver and ask him "YO!!! What it is??" in this tough accent- but my sister was cracking up, so we just drove past. But then we saw a decal and it turns out it was one of those gliders - neat.

Gwenn, Marion, Micki, Christie- glad I could see you! and enjoy your company at dinner! I also got to see stilldreaming (Cindy) and Irene, too!!

It was such a privilege to experience the Clay phenomenon. This man takes everything and turns it into a fun thing when necessary- and then---.transforms into this passionate, soulful being sending the musical message our way. Its such a wonder, it really is. What joy he has brought to me for the past few years…..and I hope I have the privilege of watching him grow even more as the future progresses

And thanks to you all for sharing with me.

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #175 on: July 29, 2007, 04:51:23 AM »

MARILYN- THANKS FOR THAT GREAT REVIEW.  MY GOODNESS HE IS LOOKING BETTER AND BETTER EVERYDAY.   wow wow wow wow wow wow

HUGS
RAINEY
ILClaymate
« Reply #176 on: July 29, 2007, 06:24:23 AM »

Wow Marilyn...that was great!  Even for the Clayfog!!  Clapping 

Also, more Newark pics have been added to the photo gallery.

CHECK THEM OUT HERE!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #177 on: July 29, 2007, 07:05:40 AM »

Marilyn- Fabulous review and wow  wow is right!

These are my favorite photos of any concert this time around yet!

He looks great!!  Thanks to those for taking the risk and grabbing those shots and sharing them with others!

JUST GREAT!

Lora

Edited- Marilyn, I knew you hadn't personally taken those shots but worded it weirdly so I changed it!

Thanks for being there though, and sharing your experience. Lord, the man was HOT!
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #178 on: July 29, 2007, 07:43:57 AM »

Oh, I didn't take photo's- Toni7Babe from CV only took about 300!!!
and other clack goddesses took more
I only held the phone!

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #179 on: July 29, 2007, 07:49:21 AM »

Oh, I didn't take photo's- Toni7Babe from CV only took about 300!!!
and other clack goddesses took more
I only held the phone!
I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU EVEN HELD THE PHONE DURING THIS CONCERT.  HE WAS DEFINITELY HOT. wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx